Cosplay Discussion, Releases, Pics & Clips
shevek
Producer
Producer

IMSancho wrote:
2 years ago
shevek wrote:
2 years ago

Next, we'll be at NortheastCon 30 miles outside of Boston in Boxboro, MA for Thanksgiving Weekend Nov 26-28. If you're in the New England area, come and check us out! (supervillainess Stellara will be in attendance, in her full blue spandex costume!)
I'll be there in Boxborough at least one day. It's about 20 minutes from me.

I have bittersweet memories of that con.

In 2018, while I was there, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and died six months later.

In 2019, I met Peter Scolari of Bosom Buddies and Newhart. He passed a few weeks ago.
Looking forward to seeing you again, Sancho, just like we met you at Terrificon in CT, when we were there with Arctica.
Sorry to hear about your Mom, and I hope very much that no tragedy strikes this time after you attend. We'll be there all three days, and you'll be able to meet Stellara! I'm looking forward to trying out that pool at the Regency Hotel.
Judah
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Rhode Island Comic Con was amazing. This guy had one of the best Predator costumes I have ever seen.
Attachments
Predator.jpeg
Predator.jpeg (160.43 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Good to hear, Judah!

Over at Akron Comicon, both Alicia (Sintilla) and Marvin Wynn (our 'Comicsburgh' table partner from The Edge comics) did short interviews with Daughter of the Ghoul, a long-running TV show which broadcasts on four public access stations in Northeast Ohio as well as on Facebook and Youtube.

Photo still from Daughter of the Ghoul with Alicia holding her Sintilla 8x10 publicity photo.
alicia at akron comicon - daughter of the ghoul.jpg
alicia at akron comicon - daughter of the ghoul.jpg (160.87 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Here's their overview of Akron Comicon with various interviews. Alicia (Heroineburgh) is at 12:05, and Marvin is at 18:56.

Also..back in July at Terrificon (CT), we met a crew called Horrific Reviews who review horror and sci-fi movies. It took them a while to get it together, but they finally released a review of Heroineburgh on their Youtube channel. We gave them Episodes 17 and 18 to check out. The hostess does a pretty good job, and seems fairly confident. She really seemed to enjoy a number of our characters!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh and The Edge Comics will be at NorthEast Con in Boxboro, MA at the Regency Hotel this entire Thanksgiving Weekend,
Nov 26-28. In attendance with us will be our supervillainess Stellara (Casey) in her shiny blue costume (as seen in the photo below, being KO'd by Poderosa).
Heroineburgh-Episode-19-Poderosa-punches-out-Stellara (1).jpg
Heroineburgh-Episode-19-Poderosa-punches-out-Stellara (1).jpg (33.02 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
If you're in the New England area, stop by and say hi. There's going to be a lot to do at this Con!
NECC1121-1080x1080-1.png
NECC1121-1080x1080-1.png (373.95 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

NortheastCon in Boxboro, MA was fun, if a bit underattended. Not sure I'd attend a Thanksgiving Weekend convention again (just wanted to try one to see how it would go) but from what I understand, the other iterations of this Con in the spring and summer are much better attended so maybe we'll try those instead in the future.

Gotta say, the Regency Hotel was a fun and interesting place to stay, with a heated pool, food concessions, a Dunkin Donuts nearby, and performances by bands and comedians in the main room each night after the Con closed. The con itself was split up into many meeting rooms that the Hotel provides, so you really had to walk around and peek into every open area. One of my favorite comic vendors was a comic seller called Area 51, who had a ton of sexy heroine books, some of an adult nature. I couldn't spend a ton of money, but I did wind up getting an issue of Tarot Witch of the Black Rose, the #1 issue of the infamous Magnificent Milkmaid, and a new title on Titan Books called Gun Honey (which kind of reminded me of Danger Girl) with a very nice Adam Hughes cover.

We were set up in the Artists and Authors room, and had a good time - meeting Marvel artist Keith Williams (Web of Spider-Man, etc) and his wife Mayette, and Steve Stern who created Zen the Intergalactic Ninja. We also met Alan and Chris from the New England-based HB Comics (no relation to HeroineBurgh) they have a bunch of interesting superhero books including one starring a sexy superheroine named Foxglove (in the vein of Huntress and Batgirl) who gets into a lot of peril. We brought some of their books back to Pittsburgh to distribute to two local shops. I also met a guy named Ara with whom I interact a lot on the Youtube chats which I mod (such as POPXP, Critical Blast and Peter Simeti).

Overall we sold 16 Heroineburgh books to new fans, which isn't spectacular, but we also picked up three new stores which now carry our books, making the store total over 190: Larry's Comics (Lowell MA), Tales of Adventure (Coopersburg, PA) and Uptown Comic Book Cafe (Salisbury MA), selling another dozen books to them. Everyone who bought a book also got a free autographed color photo of Stellara (played by awesome actress Casey, who was there with us at the Con for the whole duration).

Stellara made quite an impression on the Con-goers. She was definitely wearing the tightest costume in the building, and a lot of people took photos of her, some winding up also buying comics as a result. She had a hoarse throat, so she couldn't talk very much, but she made up for it with her stunning appearance, walking around the place in those go-go boots and attending our panel.

Here is one of the power pose shots we took.
IMG_4222.JPG
IMG_4222.JPG (6.77 MiB) Viewed 2011 times
This is late-70s punk/new-wave Boston legends Nervous Eaters. They are back together with a new album on Little Steven's label, and they played the Con afterparty show on Saturday night at 8 pm.
IMG_4209.JPG
IMG_4209.JPG (5.83 MiB) Viewed 2011 times
Also performing at the Con on all three days were the gorgeous Harp Twins, a pair of lovely blond ladies who play mostly covers (Metallica, Aerosmith, etc) and a handful of originals on their harps. They are known around the convention and Celtic music circuits. Apparently they get some pretty eager fans, so they also have two guys with them who double as both tech and security - their bodyguards are also twins!
IMG_4217.JPG
IMG_4217.JPG (5.77 MiB) Viewed 2011 times
NortheastCon graciously allowed Heroineburgh to hold a discussion panel where we showed Episode 19 (Part 2) and then talked
about the series. Also on the panel were Marvin Wynn (creator of The Edge) who promoted his book, and of course, Casey as Stellara, who talked about how she joined the series and what kind of influences she puts into portraying her character. We had several people in attendance who wound up buying comics afterwards - one of our loyal fans was SHF poster IMSancho. Thanks for coming on both Saturday and Sunday, Sancho!
stellara & marvin at NortheastCon panel.jpg
stellara & marvin at NortheastCon panel.jpg (140.28 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Stellara (Casey) won the Original Character cosplay contest which was held twice during the Con. It was hosted by a New England area cosplayer named Carley Winn, who appeared on Sunday as "Hanukkah Harley", complete with her custom-made dreidel hammer. She was very cute, and I had to take a photo of her - it was definitely one of the best cosplays at the Con.
stellara in cosplay contest.jpg
stellara in cosplay contest.jpg (162.22 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
IMG_4218.JPG
IMG_4218.JPG (6.71 MiB) Viewed 2011 times
If anyone wants to watch the whole Stellara presentation, it's about 3 1/2 minutes long, and it won her first prize in the cosplay contest, which was a sweet $50. Because Casey had a hoarse throat, I narrated her origin story and her video adventures, while Casey acted and posed for the audience. She got some very nice clapping and cheering.

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sounds like you had a good show Shevek, small and intimate! I have been spinning my dreidel all weekend long....Spin spin spin me round!!!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hope no one here went to Anime NYC last week! Omicron spreader! So now you don't have to only worry about an STD but Omicron too!! 😳
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Hope no one here went to Anime NYC last week! Omicron spreader! So now you don't have to only worry about an STD but Omicron too!! 😳
Yeah like you ever worried about STDs, lol 😂
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Yeah, Batgirl, I heard about the Anime NYC thing from our actress Ferrous (who plays Pagliaccia) who goes to those events...

Anyway, we'll be at Steel City Con as usual, this upcoming weekend Dec 10-12.
I'll be there all three days, as will our friend Marvin (The Edge Comics), in the Vendors' Room.
Both our interior artist, Wayne Brown, and our friend Grant Lankard who publishes Beowulf and Memoirs of the Morbid (successfully
Kickstarted!) will have Artist Alley booths for the first time..so the "Comicsburgh" crew will be highly represented all over the Con!

Not only that, but here is our lineup for our special appearances, subject to change:

Friday Dec 10: Benjamin Zeus Barnett, our second interior artist, will be at our table with his art.
Mauricia Malveaux, who plays Vendetta, will be at our table with her comic book, MusicMaker.
And Indigo, the actress/cosplayer taking over the role of Lunessa, will be there as well..and she can sign comics & stickers!

Sat Dec 11: We'll have Bridget there as Arctica, and Jessica returns as Red Gina.
Sun Dec 12: Alicia will appear as Sintilla. Not sure if she'll be a cosplay contest judge this time, but it's happened before.

Here is a new sticker which Ben made from the art he's currently working on for Heroineburgh Issue #3.
If you attend Steel City Con on Friday, you can get him to sign the sticker along a copy of the comic!
Heroineburgh Ben sticker #1 reduced.jpg
Heroineburgh Ben sticker #1 reduced.jpg (573.31 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah like you ever worried about STDs, lol 😂
Gloves fingers, gloved toys....plus I can prescribe antibiotics now!!! Hahaha
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey folks! Somewhat of a slow Friday at Steel City Comicon, but we still managed to sell about 10 books to some new fans today.
The "Comicsburgh" crew was spread out, as our interior artist Wayne Brown (Issue 2) had his own table in Artist Alley selling
his art prints, while our friend Grant Lankard (of the Beowulf comic) also got his own table in Vendors Hall.

Of course, that still left Heroineburgh, The Edge and Music Maker comics sharing our usual booth. Mauricia, who is not only the creator of Music Maker Comix but also plays our wonderful heroine character Vendetta, the Italian spirit of vengeance, was on hand
along with new actress Indigo, making her fabulous debut as Lunessa, gothic mistress of the moonlight. Vendetta and Lunessa strolled throughout the Con, posing for photos and handing out stickers, and then returned to the table to autograph the comics which the new fans purchased.

Here's some spandex-clad superheroine action with Vendetta and Lunessa in front of the Steel City Con backdrop!
IMG_4241.JPG
IMG_4241.JPG (5.83 MiB) Viewed 1766 times
IMG_4243.JPG
IMG_4243.JPG (5.98 MiB) Viewed 1766 times
IMG_4245.JPG
IMG_4245.JPG (5.96 MiB) Viewed 1766 times

Last edited by shevek 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Day 2 of Steel City Con! There was a Goonies reunion panel and also one for The Office. I didn't go to those, nor did I stand in the super-long line to get a photo op with Corey Taylor of Slipknot (!).

But I did watch our incredible interior Wayne Brown shine during the Charity Draw event in which he always participates. He took suggestions from the audience such as "Baby Yoda riding Alligator Loki" or "Mister Magoo as Daredevil" and did a fantastic job, as well as doing quite well at his new vendor booth in Artist Alley.

Meanwhile in the main Vendors Hall at booth N-13, the Comicsburgh titles were doing quite well. Marvin sold out of Issues 1 and 3 of The Edge, and we sold a couple more copies of Music Maker (Mauricia wasn't there today, but she'll be back tomorrow cosplaying in a hot Black Canary costume for which we are promised fishnets!!).

Our special guest actresses today were Jessica as the raging Red Gina (super-strong, transforms when she's angry - I know that sounds familiar, but she isn't green!) and Bridget as Arctica, queen of the frost. Making quite a visually arresting duo, they attracted many photos on the convention floor, and also signed their appearances in our comic books for anyone who made a purchase.
steel city con dec 2021 bridget arctica.jpg
steel city con dec 2021 bridget arctica.jpg (54.38 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
steel city con dec 2021 red gina & arctica 2.jpg
steel city con dec 2021 red gina & arctica 2.jpg (156.5 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
steel city con dec 2021 red gina & arctica 4 facebook youtube instagram.jpg
steel city con dec 2021 red gina & arctica 4 facebook youtube instagram.jpg (154.54 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
steel city con dec 2021 red gina & arctica 8.jpg
steel city con dec 2021 red gina & arctica 8.jpg (174.84 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
A little clip the heroines made - I forgot the SD card at home! So we used the nice Hasselblad camera inside Jessica's IPhone.

shevek
Producer
Producer

3rd and final day of Steel City Con! And Alicia was here to provide the sizzle.

The cosplay contest apparently didn't need Sintilla as a judge this time, so we spent Sunday afternoon promoting the comics hard.
Alicia strolled the aisles, carrying a Heroineburgh poster along with her, and lo and behold, a number of people came back to the booth to check us out and buy comics. Alicia then made sure to sign their copies of Issue #2 with her first appearance on Page 9.

We took some photos right outside the costume contest, as well as by the booth. As a go-go dancer, burlesque artist, and a backup singer for a local band, Alicia is more than acquainted with presenting a visually arresting presence: she made sure to work with us so that the costume was as tight and shiny as possible. Sintilla absolutely crackles with sexy energy! (and if you don't think so, those rubber paddle weapons will change your mind)

Mauricia (aka Vendetta) also came back on Sunday to sell more copies of her comic, Music Maker. This time, she showed up as Black Canary, complete with blonde wig, ample cleavage, bustier and fishnets. It was quite attractive but she only stayed for an hour (see the Heroineburgh cosplay thread for the photo...as well as Alicia's cosplay cover as the character 'Regina' for the Bloom #4 comic).

No more Cons until probably March - we just have lots of filming and editing to do instead. So we savored this one!
IMG_4252.JPG
IMG_4252.JPG (6.36 MiB) Viewed 1655 times
IMG_4255.JPG
IMG_4255.JPG (6.68 MiB) Viewed 1655 times
IMG_4257.JPG
IMG_4257.JPG (6.14 MiB) Viewed 1655 times
IMG_4261.JPG
IMG_4261.JPG (6.59 MiB) Viewed 1655 times
IMG_4262.JPG
IMG_4262.JPG (6.83 MiB) Viewed 1655 times
IMG_4267.JPG
IMG_4267.JPG (5.29 MiB) Viewed 1655 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

A fitting end to the 2021 Comicon Season thread.

Bridget (Arctica) striding through Terrificon in Connecticut back in July, as if she is the queen of the Con (not just queen of the frost).
Such confidence in spirit, and so gorgeous with that flowing cape. Here's hoping 2022 is just as fun, as everyone goes out and about!

Alicia (Sintilla) spreading the love and the sexy sizzle at Steel City Comicon, and getting captured by the Mandalorian at 3 Rivers Con. Photo opps abound! (D.P. Brown is another new comics creator in Pittsburgh to keep an eye on. You can see his comic book open on the lower left.)