Heroineburgh Customs #3 - #7 now available!

New vids from your favorite Superheroine content producers!
Forum rules
This forum is for Producers to announce and discuss their new releases. Any discussion for future releases or script ideas should be done in the Superheroine Lounge
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hello, Forum fans - here's another update from Heroineburgh, the live-action superheroine series featuring adventure, romance, drama, and comedy in the finest spandex and capes. It's power and peril from Pittsburgh PA!

Our customs page has been updated, and Customs #3 through #7 are now available for download here:
http://www.heroineburgh.com/custom-videos/

These are 'alternative universe' minisodes written and funded by our most loyal fans, and performed by our lovely and talented actresses. Here are some short descriptions and photos.

Custom #3 - Parasite Rising: Dark Spectra vs Zinnia

(starring Erika and Mary Beth)

Working with Zinnia in her lab, Dr. Katrina Spector creates a formula transforming herself into a supervillainess. Will Zinnia survive the encounter with her evil mentor?

[Note: This custom was ordered by a fan from Germany who prefers to remain anonymous. The theme is power draining.]
Custom #3  still 1.jpg
Custom #3 still 1.jpg (161.94 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Custom #3 still 2.jpg
Custom #3 still 2.jpg (145.28 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Here's an outtake from Custom #3 that we have on Youtube which can serve as a "trailer" of sorts:

Custom #4 - Mind Over Muscle: Poderosa vs Pagliaccia

(starring Christina and Gabriel)

Pagliaccia discovers the ultimate weakness of the mighty Poderosa: a radioactive mineral called "Drainium." Will the Puerto Rican powerhouse succumb to the Clown Princess of Fear?

[Note: This custom was ordered by our fan Vulpor, from upstate NY. It is based on the Kryptonite necklace scene from the 1978 movie 'Superman'.]
Custom #4 still 1.jpg
Custom #4 still 1.jpg (123.42 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Custom #4 still 2.jpg
Custom #4 still 2.jpg (154.09 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Here's an outtake from Custom #4 which we have on Youtube. It's the very beginning scene of the clip, and a slightly different version was used in the final edit. It's our first Supergirl-style shirt rip! (Not sure why we waited so long!)

Last edited by shevek 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Customs #3 through #6 are now available for download here:
http://www.heroineburgh.com/custom-videos/

These are 'alternative universe' minisodes written and funded by our most loyal fans, and performed by our lovely and talented actresses. Here are some short descriptions and photos.

Custom #5 - Carried Away: Zinnia vs Henchmen

(starring Mary Beth, with Ben and Art)

Eternally optimistic superheroine sidekick Zinnia confronts henchmen planning to dump toxic waste, but she is kidnapped and carried to the villains' hideout. Can the Defender of Nature escape in time?

[Note: This custom was ordered by a fan who prefers to remain anonymous. The theme is knockout and carrying. It is based on a series of scenes from the Batman '66 TV series, Season 1 Episode 5.]
custom 5 still 1.jpg
custom 5 still 1.jpg (187.84 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
custom 5 - still 2.jpg
custom 5 - still 2.jpg (131.44 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Here's an outtake from Custom #5 on Youtube. A slightly different version was used in the clip, followed by a fight and a knockout, Batman '66 style! (Wham! Bonk!)

Custom #6 - Stretched to the Limit: Sintilla vs Dyna

(starring Alicia and Milo)

Sintilla wakes up in an alternate universe and meets a ruthless version of her criminal partner Dyna. The Queen of Power tortures Sintilla (now the villainess Dark Etherea) to extract the secret of interdimensional travel, but will the sneaky super-thief relent?

[Note: This custom was ordered by our fan Judah, from Syracuse NY. The theme is stretching and tickling, with arms overhead.]
Custom #6 Still 1.jpg
Custom #6 Still 1.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Custom #6 still 2.jpg
Custom #6 still 2.jpg (105.58 KiB) Viewed 2229 times
Here's an outtake from Custom #6. We didn't use this one because the cape didn't fall on the floor. A slightly different version appears in the clip, following immediately by a close-up unmasking!

Last edited by shevek 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic wrote:
2 years ago
I recognize the carry scene!
Yes, we did our best to match up the shots to the actions that were taken by Batman and the thugs in S1 E5, as per our customer's request. Only difference is...you get Zinnia in her cute spandex outfit, instead of Batman. I think we did pretty well - but you'd be surprised how exertive it is to carry even a 110-pound woman between two guys...luckily Ben lifts weights regularly!

By the way, our website was down for a day while my webmaster cleaned a few things up (old corrupted plug-ins) and added our
Instagram link. But now it's back up and raring to go for the custom fans!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Added Youtube outtake clips to this thread about Customs #3 through #6. (They've been on Youtube for a while.)

So far, we're getting a very good response. The clear favorite right now is Custom #4 (for obvious reasons), but we do emphasize that the other clips are also amazing - they just don't feature Christina (aka Poderosa) who apparently has a very loyal fanbase. :) Give all of these wonderful actresses a chance.

Getting pumped here, because tomorrow is the FX edit approval for Heroineburgh Episode 20! In the meantime, enjoy our minisodes.
Bert

After replying on 'the other' SHIP site about Shevek's contributions to the genre in response to his marketing there, only to have my comment not pass muster with Shevek and therefore not see light of day, I log in here and find he's written a PM to me. Said PM is, naturally, chock full of snide putdowns directed at me while extolling the virtues of one "Shevek". My response is to repost my initial comment here, where Shevek lacks the power to delete it. To wit:

Some content producers start out pretty amateurish but improve over time. Rye’s early stuff really lacked craft, although the tone was really good from the start. He got better and better as he gained experience, and perhaps could afford better equipment.
Some producers hit the ground running. NGC’s first couple videos were actually pretty great, although their content has become more polished as well. Lucia was brilliant from the start.

Some producers start badly…and just stay there. Sleeperkid, The Superhero Project, and sadly, Heroineburgh, seem immune to improvement. Costumes, mostly bad to awful. Sound quality, amateurish. Writing? Oh my God, asking non-actors to spout all that stupid exposition just makes me cringe so hard. Even the character names are annoying. It’s okay for a superheroine to have a name that doesn’t end with “A”. And if you’re going to have a theme song that awful, why not just go with theme music.

There’s something to be said for not criticizing someone’s earnest effort at creating content. I’m sensitive to that, to a point, but there’s just so much exposure of this really bad content, here and at the other main SHIP site and no one is stepping up to call a spade a spade.

Dude, if you want to keep doing this, please invest some time into figuring out how to do it better.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Over 40 purchases of these new customs so far, with nary a complaint, yet a handful of compliments.

Res ipsa loquitur.
Bert

There's four of them. You have 10 fans. Caveat emptor seems the more applicable Latin phrase.

Dude, you're charging industry standard buck per minute rates for this terrible, cringy stuff.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
There's four of them. You have 10 fans. Caveat emptor seems the more applicable Latin phrase.

Dude, you're charging industry standard buck per minute rates for this terrible, cringy stuff.
35 so far, actually, with an average of 3 new ones each day. And then add the French gentleman who always buys everything. He really does exist.

Switched to math, when pure subjectivity falters? Apparently forgotten is that our full-length *episodes* have always been drastically below such "rates". But then again, I'm not in any "industry". I just do this for enjoyment (the vast majority of those who check out our stuff realize this immediately) and invite like-minded individuals to come along.
Bert

Dude, you're hilarious! Your videos are objectively terrible. Acting, writing, action - all terrible. Not even in the same zipcode as quality producers who charge similar prices. The community has been unbelievably kind to you by not saying this stuff out loud, but it's just true. Jesus man, pay attention to what other, better producers are doing and incorporate it into your own work. More quality content is always welcome.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Dude, you're hilarious! Your videos are objectively terrible. Acting, writing, action - all terrible. Not even in the same zipcode as quality producers who charge similar prices. The community has been unbelievably kind to you by not saying this stuff out loud, but it's just true. Jesus man, pay attention to what other, better producers are doing and incorporate it into your own work. More quality content is always welcome.
These "other, better producers" you mention - they charge $8-$10? Doubtful. These days I'm seeing prices like $40-$45 (e.g. Lucia) or even $60 (SHL). And that's fine - if people want it, they will pay for it. I have no issue with it - I mean, if I want to buy a new LP at a record store (which I'll be doing tonight) I have to pay $30.

But you're not going after any of them for those high prices. You're not going after Marvel or DC for charging $6 for a comic. You're not going after record companies for charging $25-$30 for new vinyl releases. The only entity you're going after is me. A producer who charges $8-$10 for 30+ minute episodes! (Episode 20, coming out in early February, will be 36 minutes.)

So I find it hard to believe that this is not personal, rather than constructive. You're trying to find something drastically wrong, but there really isn't. All you can come at me with is rank subjectivity and bad math. Today, I got 6 more orders, so we are closing in on 50 customers in one week. And two more people have asked about customs. I'm happy with that, and so far, I've heard nothing but good things from anyone except for you.

I hate to use the term "bad faith actor" because it is just so Current Year, but the shoe seems to fit.
Bert

Shevek, you're not a stupid man. This argument is beneath you. You are charging about one dollar per minute for your customs. That's roughly the going rate for the quality producers in the genre. Lucia very often comes in below that rate. If you think the quality of your productions is anywhere near the quality of what Lucia puts out, we're done talking because you are clearly delusional.

I'm going to stop now because you're embarrassing yourself. I think you should pause producing, reassess, study what good producers are doing and return when you've honed your craft. But I fear your pride and arrogance make that kind of honest self-assessment impossible.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Shevek, you're not a stupid man. This argument is beneath you. You are charging about one dollar per minute for your customs.
No, I'm actually quite intelligent. Enough to realize that if I didn't mention anything about the "per minute" rate in my previous post, that would become your next tactic in your next response. I knew you were going to focus on the "per minute" rate because you have no real argument left, other than that. I'm backing you into a rhetorical corner.

The answer is that I don't care about a "per minute" rate. It's irrelevant because I'm not worried about "industry standards." I'm not on C4S, and I'm not on SHG Media. We are a PG-13 superheroine video series, and nothing else. I've decided to keep our products inexpensive, and at $8 or $10, they certainly are.

Customers have ordered these videos knowing full well that they would be 6-10 minutes long, as alternative universe minisodes. Nobody is getting anything less than exactly what they've expected. And those who are getting them are fully enjoying them. I'm enjoying making them, and the actresses are really enjoying filming them. That's all that matters...everybody's pretty much having fun and being immersed in the universe.

If you don't want to support it, that's fine. Everyone has their own tastes which are wholly subjective. But you have no real solid argument as to why I somehow need to 'stop'. I'm not going to stop, and I'm not going to "reassess". Rather, it seems that you are the one who should reassess and stop, especially in the sense of launching a relentless personal attack. Which is exactly what this is, and everyone can see it. Time to relent.
Bert

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
No, I'm actually quite intelligent. Enough to realize that if I didn't mention anything about the "per minute" rate in my previous post, that would become your next tactic in your next response. I knew you were going to focus on the "per minute" rate because you have no real argument left, other than that. I'm backing you into a rhetorical corner.
Wow. You really played me like a fiddle on that one. I mean that just came out of nowhere. It's not like I already said in an earlier post "Dude, you're charging industry standard buck per minute rates for this terrible, cringy stuff." Nope, that didn't happen, you set me up beautifully and used that quite intelligent brain of yours to make me look like a fool.

As for this being a "relentless personal attack", if you reread the thread I think you'll find that my comments are almost entirely confined to the problems with your videos. The only thing I wrote that rises to the level of personal attack was my explanation for reposting my comment here after you deleted it on the other site, and that was justified. The thing is, you could have avoided all of this by allowing that first post to stand and accepting some harsh but fair criticism.

I don't know what the real issue is here. I suppose you're too close as the producer to see this objectively. The clips you posted from the customs are just terrible. The acting, writing, costumes and action are terrible. If you were doing this as a pure passion project and posting it up for free, no problemo. But to sell this stuff for the same rate per minute as outfits whose quality is far, far higher is opening yourself up to fair criticism, which is what you're getting. You're the guy who attacks myriad television and movie projects very aggressively when your overtuned woke radar goes off, so you're certainly familiar with the concept of artistic criticism. Turns out your feelings about it change when you're on the other side of the camera.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
As for this being a "relentless personal attack", if you reread the thread I think you'll find that my comments are almost entirely confined to the problems with your videos.

You're the guy who attacks myriad television and movie projects very aggressively when your overtuned woke radar goes off, so you're certainly familiar with the concept of artistic criticism.

Turns out your feelings about it change when you're on the other side of the camera.
Again, just like with the "per minute" rate comparison, which I don't care about because I'm not making the same kind of content or placing it on the same sales sites, your mention of my criticism of products created by huge corporations and whether I have "overtuned woke radar" with regards to them is also irrelevant.

My productions are not on a multi-million dollar level, so whether my feelings "change when I'm on the other side of the camera" is moot, because I'm **not remotely behind the same kind of camera**. Nonetheless, I am more than happy to let your criticism stand in this thread, just not on the other one.

You can blather all you want, but the new customers (and repeat customers) continue to pile up. And pretty much everyone on the Forum who reads this has realized that your attack against me is **targeted** and at least somewhat personal.

Enjoy your bitterness while I keep making videos and comics, and others continue to have a good time watching and reading them.
Bert

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Nonetheless, I am more than happy to let your criticism stand in this thread, just not on the other one.
You're happy to "let" it stand? Well that's extremely big of you. One tiny thing though - unlike the other site, here you lack the power to delete comments you don't like. That kind of lets the hot air out of your magnanimity, don't you think?

As for what people on the forum think, well, your clips from the customs are there for anyone to watch.
Bert

Holy crap, sorry to hear about that bridge collapse.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Bert wrote:
2 years ago
shevek wrote:
2 years ago
Nonetheless, I am more than happy to let your criticism stand in this thread, just not on the other one.
You're happy to "let" it stand? Well that's extremely big of you. One tiny thing though - unlike the other site, here you lack the power to delete comments you don't like. That kind of lets the hot air out of your magnanimity, don't you think?

As for what people on the forum think, well, your clips from the customs are there for anyone to watch.
There are several things I could do with this thread other than just delete your comments. But I'm not doing those things. Not out of magnanimity, but because as a bulletin board type setup, SHF is the place for criticism, and I respect the nature of the forum. Not you.

The only "clips" that are up regarding these customs are outtake clips on Youtube which have been posted in this thread. They are marked clearly as outtakes. We post outtakes all the time on Youtube - it's part of the fun. I've had no negative responses to those clips.
Bert wrote:
2 years ago
Holy crap, sorry to hear about that bridge collapse.
If you're the Concern Troll who lived under it, you need to find a new home.

But seriously, in the Heroineburgh Universe, such an incident would obviously be the M.O. of Kaliyuga the Destroyer. The heroines will make her pay for her heinous crimes!
Bert

shevek wrote:
2 years ago
If you're the Concern Troll who lived under it, you need to find a new home.
?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Now available from our website is Custom #7. Thanks so much to Sam for his support, and please ignore the blather above.
Have fun! http://www.heroineburgh.com/custom-videos/

Custom #7 – Trance Muted: Vendetta vs Mesmera

(starring Mauricia and Stacy)

Vendetta, the Italian spirit of vengeance, responds to a robbery alarm and meets Mesmera, the mistress of hypnotism, who is also super-strong. A battle of martial skill and muscular power ensues. Will Vendetta succeed in defeating Mesmera and bringing her to swift justice?

[Note: This custom was ordered by our fan Sam. The theme is hypnosis and combat, with a reversal of fortune.]

Elements: masking up, F/F combat, mind control, knockout, restraints, depowering, gagging, unmasking, struggling in bonds.

Here are some stills to wet your whistle.

Mesmera receives a Heroine League alert on her phone for a robbery alarm nearby. She masks up, and rushes into action!
Custom 7 vendetta checks phone.jpg
Custom 7 vendetta checks phone.jpg (95.96 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
At the scene, she catches Mesmera red-handed in the midst of a robbery. A battle of fighting skill and super-strength ensues!
Custom 7 photo still 1.jpg
Custom 7 photo still 1.jpg (130.29 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
During the melee, Mesmera cracks the beautiful Italian spirit of vengeance in the face with a devastating right hook!
Custom 7 vendetta punched in face.jpg
Custom 7 vendetta punched in face.jpg (134.32 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
After a titanic struggle, Mesmera finally uses her hypnotic powers to subdue Vendetta. She gets out a pair of cuffs to restrain
the hapless heroine, planning to drag her back to her secret lair to play sexy mind games.
Custom 7 mesmera gets the cuffs out.jpg
Custom 7 mesmera gets the cuffs out.jpg (170.14 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
With a stunning comeback, Vendetta unleashes a device which X-Machina built for her - a spectral strobe that neutralizes
Mesmera's mind control powers. The mistress of hypnosis is stunned!
Custom 7 Vendetta stuns Mesmera with spectral strobe.jpg
Custom 7 Vendetta stuns Mesmera with spectral strobe.jpg (150.77 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Ripping up a shirt for material, Vendetta fashions an impromptu gag for Mesmera to keep her from talking while she alerts the
authorities, and restrains Mesmera with her own cuffs. But will the thief go quietly? [Note: Sam wanted to re-create the same bound
struggle that Mesmera (played by Tylean at the time) faced in Episode 2 after being corralled by Hellfyra, so naturally we obliged.]
Custom 7 Vendetta ties and gags Mesmera.jpg
Custom 7 Vendetta ties and gags Mesmera.jpg (180.4 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Bert

The "blather" above is the only honest conversation that has ever taken place regarding your cringe-inducing videos. $10 for seven minutes of this stuff? I wouldn't watch it if it was free. And I'm far from alone.

Next week, for about the same dollar per minute rate that you're charging for this terrible stuff, a guy from South Korea is releasing a film that he has been slaving over for two years. Many hours of rehearsals. Spectacular costume. Beautiful heroine. Amazing action sequences. Hundreds of hours of editing. Producers like TBFE, The Rye, Lucia, NGC, Kickassfemmes, HM and others produce truly excellent videos for similar price per minute to your schlock.

You want to advertise these terrible videos on this site, you're gonna get reactions.