Batgirl - Robyn

General discussions about superheroines!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I realize that Adam West was the "star" of Batman but with the series closing down after only 3 seasons, I feel a big opportunity was missed to explore some Batgirl-Robyn crime solving story lines. For example, The Wail of the Siren features some lengthy Batgirl/Robin interaction.
276288303_2196077967218781_2050687056292961723_n.jpg
276288303_2196077967218781_2050687056292961723_n.jpg (57.75 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah too bad Burt Ward had to do some unspeakables to the Batgirl suit ;)

It was nice seeing Robin make his own decisions and work out puzzles himself. And they paired well, neither dominated.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I always liked the line where BG expresses consternation where they have to take the stairs rather than the lift in Wail of the Siren and Ward says something like
"Why not? You're in good shape" and its just left hanging in the air with the double meaning
And I remember thinking at the time "Hell yeah she is"
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Would love to have seen just Batgirl and Robin sharing some perils.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

ltrltr wrote:
2 years ago

Egghead, Olga and the Cossacks did get the better of them.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho wrote:
2 years ago
ltrltr wrote:
2 years ago

BG & Robin tied together face to face on a roasting spit!!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

One of the season 4 ideas was to get rid of Robin (send him to college?) and have Batman and Batgirl run parallel investigations, which would have given Batgirl a 50/50 chance at getting into a bat-trap. Or better yet, left her to be the cannon fodder role that Robin filled… getting the lion’s Share of traps.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMSancho wrote:
2 years ago
ltrltr wrote:
2 years ago

The foolhardy youngsters!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think if they ever recast Batgirl it should be the chic from the AT&T phone commercials, Milana Vayntrub
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:
2 years ago
IMSancho wrote:
2 years ago
ltrltr wrote:
2 years ago

The foolhardy youngsters!

I can’t help but notice, Batgirl was 0-3 against Egghead and Olga (tear gas, sword to throat, saber dance/caviar dunk). And this was no slimy trick. Batgirl and Robin were simply defeated. Except for Nora Clavicle and the battles with Egghead and Olga, she and the Caped Crusaders always won the last fight.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho wrote:
2 years ago
I can’t help but notice, Batgirl was 0-3 against Egghead and Olga (tear gas, sword to throat, saber dance/caviar dunk). And this was no slimy trick. Batgirl and Robin were simply defeated. Except for Nora Clavicle and the battles with Egghead and Olga, she and the Caped Crusaders always won the last fight.
But we all loved her defiance and saying it was a slimy trick.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
I think if they ever recast Batgirl it should be the chic from the AT&T phone commercials, Milana Vayntrub
She does have one or two things in her favour...
_20220329_074510.JPG
_20220329_074510.JPG (239.68 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
And she certainly nails the Librarian Barbara look...
_20220329_074621.JPG
_20220329_074621.JPG (228.41 KiB) Viewed 1170 times

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I always liked Olga and Egghead. Usually teamed up villains in the third season were really lame (unless it was CW and the Joker) . O&E gave Batgirl some of her better traps (caviar tank, saber dance, sword to her neck).

I always imagined Egghead should have gotten to give her a slimey, egg related deathtrap… I have always thought that his spunk would land across her face and look like tiny under cooked fried eggs, white with tiny yellow yolks.

Olga was actually a very angry lesbian that kept Egghead around as a submissive beard. She would subject Batgirl to some terrible Bessarovian bat-trap involving spinning sabers that would make Elizabeth Bathory blush.
Last edited by sneakly 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
_20220329_074510.JPG

_20220329_074621.JPG
Put her in Purple and Peril and win win!!! She seems ditzy enough fall for the traps for sure!
shevek
Producer
Producer

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
_20220329_074510.JPG
_20220329_074621.JPG
Put her in Purple and Peril and win win!!! She seems ditzy enough fall for the traps for sure!
Seconded on Milana, who would certainly make an amazing nerd-to-sexy transformation!
Although she was cast as Squirrel Girl for the New Warriors show which was supposed to air on Freeform but they only completed a pilot, which never aired. If that ever sees light of day (a la the Electra Woman & Dyna Girl unaired 2000 pilot) I'm sure it will be sought after, since the long-suffering AT&T Girl has never had a serious TV show part other than Other Space.

But Batgirl *is* cast. It's Leslie Grace. Most likely in Current Year she's not going to be a 'librarian'.
And the film will come out on HBO Max in 2022, so add that your list of things to watch on the telly, Mr. X. (HBO does seem to be in the lead with this stuff at the moment...)

Also, there was also another Barbara Gordon (in her wheelchair) on the Titans series, played by Savannah Welch. She was very good (and had some romantics with Nightwing, as she should) but a bit too old to play the costumed Batgirl in her young prime. I'm assuming that the Titans show and the Batgirl movie are not in the same universe per se.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
2 years ago
Egghead & Olga should have served Batgirl a serving of these eggs on a plate.......so dirty!!!!R.jpeg
I have that prop. Pretty cool prop though it kind of soft.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Of course Robyn being attacked by a giant clam would have been a very different episode….
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
WTF is that?
Some mysteries are better left unsolved

sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
WTF is that?
That is a Geoduck, a.k.a. Giant clam. Sometimes called a penu-saurus. The one-eyed monster….

Here is a little cockle…

If the clam had started with Venus instead of Robin, it would have been A LOT more interesting…

argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Generous clam, elephant clam.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Forgetting that clam.... I loved Batgirl's scene with the bat in The Killing Joke.
She's always in love with him.
Robin can stay with Artemis.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

argento wrote:
2 years ago

Forgetting that clam.... I loved Batgirl's scene with the bat in The Killing Joke.
She's always in love with him.
Robin can stay with Artemis.
That is such an EEOC complaint just waiting to happen…