Wonder Twins

General discussions about superheroines!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

When I was in college one of my friends was watching the Super Friends and when they appeared, he yelled “Form of…a horny female zebra!” “Shape of…an ice dick!”
shevek
Producer
Producer

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Awesome news!!! DC announced the pair who will be the Wonder Twins and they are HOT HOT 🔥🔥🔥!!!
Let's hope they both have skin tight costumes and transform into some pretty weird combinations, especially if by accident!!!! The possibilities are endless!!
KJ-Apa-Isabel-May-Split-Getty-H-2022.jpg
This will apparently be a movie, similar to their approach with Batgirl.
HBO Max, so it could be quite sexy and vulgar. Plus the casting is surprisingly "white-bread" Riverdale.
Usually the Wonder Twins are depicted as looking kind of like alien Romulans, so I figured if it happened, they'd go with a couple of Asian actors (see the recent comic book below). But apparently not.
And you're right - so many skin-tight possibilities! Let's hope for the best....
Wonder_Twins.jpg
Wonder_Twins.jpg (20.66 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
dc-hero_20220214_WonderTwins_620ad8ec422695.89189540.jpg
dc-hero_20220214_WonderTwins_620ad8ec422695.89189540.jpg (324.34 KiB) Viewed 1557 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ok so... are they paternal twins... cause... hair.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Jana was hot and they were just dumb enough to get captured…. Repeatedly..
Her super power is at least useful.

His ability to turn into water is pretty fucking useless. Imagine your Kryptonite is a …. Sponge (is he sponge worthy?), defeated by a giant tampon…

I do like that she is completely powerless without her brother. That at least creates a set up for bat-trap of the week situations. Hopefully, they will make this campy fun since they are really using Scrappy Doo of super heros.
stationk
Henchman
Henchman

Useless characters.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
Wonder if she would lay an egg???? Lol
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I Found this history of the Wonder Twins on line. The presenter looks cute as a button with her crop top and purple lipstick. I bet she would make a great cosplay Jayna or batgirl. Not really into the sexy twins incest thing that is occasionally implied, but we’ll see what HBO provides…
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek
Producer
Producer

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
I Found this history of the Wonder Twins on line. The presenter looks cute as a button with her crop top and purple lipstick. I bet she would make a great cosplay Jayna or batgirl.
Oh, that's Sasha Wood of Casually Comics. She makes a lot of great factually-dense videos about comic book topics, and is indeed a cute nerd-girl. Doesn't seem to have any interest in indies, though. It's not everyone's bag, I understand.
hypnomancer
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I forgot how bad both sets of sidekicks really were. :D

Curious to see how what they come up with, now...
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

hypnomancer wrote:
1 year ago

“Form of an ice Dildo!”
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
hypnomancer wrote:
1 year ago

“Form of an ice Dildo!”
Purple grape flavored!! I'd suck it!!!
If he is an ice dildo, does it count as incest?
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Welp.

https://thathashtagshow.com/2022/05/01/ ... discovery/
EXCLUSIVE: The Wonder Twins movie at DC and Warner Bros-Discovery has been canceled before production starts. That Hashtag Show has received exclusive details from production that the film will not be happening. We’ve been told the crew received word this week that the film was scrapped. It was announced earlier this year with director Adam Sztykiel on board to write and direct. KJ Apa and Isabel May were set to play Zan and Jayna in the film.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Its obvious this is for all shows. All of these producers are stepping back and re-evaluating. They can't afford to keep making content for a tiny niche group who are never satisfied, always angry, never really watch and never buy anything. Money talks. They have a cash cow waiting right there if they just provide the content.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

WB superhero shows will shift to cable and streaming where they don't need the ratings and don't expect to get them. Movies will be for tent pole characters or where they think they can get a blockbuster audience. Merchandise will be increased as the revenue stream like at Disney with the Marvel characters. Although WB hasn't had their success with obscure characters except with Suicide Squad.
Damselbinder

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
Nykron wrote:
1 year ago
Welp.

https://thathashtagshow.com/2022/05/01/ ... discovery/
EXCLUSIVE: The Wonder Twins movie at DC and Warner Bros-Discovery has been canceled before production starts. That Hashtag Show has received exclusive details from production that the film will not be happening. We’ve been told the crew received word this week that the film was scrapped. It was announced earlier this year with director Adam Sztykiel on board to write and direct. KJ Apa and Isabel May were set to play Zan and Jayna in the film.
Maybe we scared them off!!! Lol...they knew there would just be way toooooo much incest crap for this one, sad really...I was looking forward to them!!
HA!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Erin E-surance was killed by the internet fetishizing the character. Which is a shame, because Anya Taylor-Joy would looked great in the live action movie teaming up with Black widow with a lesbian sub plot…

In fairness, this movie was probably a terrible idea. It would have been another terrible fish out of water comedy. It worked for Elf, but this would have probably been an awful origin story that went into creepy incestuous humor and someone would have been profoundly offended and it would still not delivered on anything we want…

Making one of these shows or movies work is trying to capture lightning in a bottle, look at Casper, the Flinstones, Scooby Doo, Electra Woman. Even Justice league, with top drawer actors and directors came out a mess. DC may not want to risk the brand on a quick money grab knock-off.

I would love to see some of these cartoon based characters fly (Penelope Pitstop🍆), but would I bet a million dollars on it? I Hope the PowerPuff girls succeed..