Greeting everyone! Superhero writer here!

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
SamsonandDelilah
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hello, happy to meet you.

I am an Italian superhero fan, with a decent knwoledge of superhero story and tropes, up and including classical superheroes plots (both single-issue and arc ones), as well as typical superhero settings and worldbuilding. I know Marvel and DC (of course) but I am more attracted to more original universes like Astro City, Common Gronud, Dr. Blink (Superhero Shrink), Danger Club and Love and Capes.

Currently I am worldbuilding a superhero book whose protagonist is a young female heroine, based on a good but ultimely abandomned webcomicI found long time ago.If you like doing worldbuilding discussions and having constructive critisism, you are welcome to contact me.

Any question you want to ask?
Damselbinder

Welcome. Always happy to see another writer here.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Yes welcome. If you have any questions about the site please post them here. Myself and DrDominator9 are meeters and greeters here, no question too stupid.
We have 2 story sections one for conventional efforts and one for darker stories that can end in death for the hero, amongst other things
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago

I am an Italian superhero fan, with a decent knwoledge of superhero story and tropes, up and including classical superheroes plots (both single-issue and arc ones), as well as typical superhero settings and worldbuilding. I know Marvel and DC (of course) but I am more attracted to more original universes like Astro City, Common Gronud, Dr. Blink (Superhero Shrink), Danger Club and Love and Capes.

Currently I am worldbuilding a superhero book whose protagonist is a young female heroine, based on a good but ultimely abandomned webcomicI found long time ago.If you like doing worldbuilding discussions and having constructive critisism, you are welcome to contact me.

Hail S&D! and welcome.

I've read all of the above you've listed except for Danger Club, and I'm also very interested in original universes, from the more famous ones like Invincible, The Boys and Jupiter's Legacy, to the more obscure ones like Fem Force, Noble Causes/Dynamo 5, Ultra, The Freshmen, Bomb Queen, Empowered, Powers, Savage Dragon, Lady Death, Shi, Megaton Man/Bizarre Heroes, and tons more, heck going all the way back to Miss Fury and Vampirella. That's not even including the additions of the newest crowdfunded sensations like Kamen America, Blue Bombshell, Arachna, Firebitch, Ascendant, and so on. And there's so much potential for so many gorgeous heroines from all of these comic book universes, in terms of displays of both power and peril, that you root for them all to shine. That's the inspiration from which our series Heroineburgh is birthed.

Anyway, I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your original superhero book, so let us into your world as the project develops.
Will it be a prose offering, or a comic book?

And meanwhile, your handle is also interesting. Are there characters in your universe possibly named Samson and Delilah? Other than the green-haired "Doc Samson" of the Hulk family, I've never heard those names used as prominent superhero characters, but the appeal is obvious - who wouldn't think of "Delilah" as one of the most seductive female archetypes of all time and "Samson" as the pinnacle of masculine power? Only a true Philistine would reject such marketing potential. :)
SamsonandDelilah
Neophyte
Neophyte

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago

Hail S&D! and welcome.

I've read all of the above you've listed except for Danger Club, and I'm also very interested in original universes, from the more famous ones like Invincible, The Boys and Jupiter's Legacy, to the more obscure ones like Fem Force, Noble Causes/Dynamo 5, Ultra, The Freshmen, Bomb Queen, Empowered, Powers, Savage Dragon, Lady Death, Shi, Megaton Man/Bizarre Heroes, and tons more, heck going all the way back to Miss Fury and Vampirella. That's not even including the additions of the newest crowdfunded sensations like Kamen America, Blue Bombshell, Arachna, Firebitch, Ascendant, and so on. And there's so much potential for so many gorgeous heroines from all of these comic book universes, in terms of displays of both power and peril, that you root for them all to shine. That's the inspiration from which our series Heroineburgh is birthed.

Anyway, I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your original superhero book, so let us into your world as the project develops.
Will it be a prose offering, or a comic book?

And meanwhile, your handle is also interesting. Are there characters in your universe possibly named Samson and Delilah? Other than the green-haired "Doc Samson" of the Hulk family, I've never heard those names used as prominent superhero characters, but the appeal is obvious - who wouldn't think of "Delilah" as one of the most seductive female archetypes of all time and "Samson" as the pinnacle of masculine power? Only a true Philistine would reject such marketing potential. :)
Hello,

My idea, I was planning to make it a proper book, mostly because I feel there is a criminal lack of books (and not comic books) about superheroes, and because I am very bad at drawing, thus I can't draw the comic myself.

No, Samson and delilah is just my forum nickname (I choose it today because I was watching a Pinky and the Brain episode with brain trying to find samson's strengh source and take it); My main character for my story, I was aiming to have a 8 years old girl with two daddies, living in a small, almost unknown canadian town, who aquires a power greater than any other superhero and decides to be an idealistic hero while many other are dark, cynical take of heroes.

Basically, i am planning a rebuilt-idealism and "realism does not mean cynic" story, with vibes quite close to Astro City.

If you are interested, maybe we can talk about it on DM?
shevek
Producer
Producer

SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago

Hello,

My idea, I was planning to make it a proper book, mostly because I feel there is a criminal lack of books (and not comic books) about superheroes, and because I am very bad at drawing, thus I can't draw the comic myself.

No, Samson and delilah is just my forum nickname (I choose it today because I was watching a Pinky and the Brain episode with brain trying to find samson's strengh source and take it); My main character for my story, I was aiming to have a 8 years old girl with two daddies, living in a small, almost unknown canadian town, who aquires a power greater than any other superhero and decides to be an idealistic hero while many other are dark, cynical take of heroes.

Basically, i am planning a rebuilt-idealism and "realism does not mean cynic" story, with vibes quite close to Astro City.

There are actually a lot of prose books about superheroes (it came with the overall trend) but that doesn't mean you couldn't do an original one and a better one. The trick with comics is to find someone who *can* draw, and then pay them in a collaboration (there are tons of great Italian comic book artists, including some amazing female artists).

Your "return to idealism" story does sound good (this is a theme that many people are yearning for nowadays when everything is so nihilistic, and bereft of objective values), and the two daddies angle (kind of a Midnighter/Apollo vibe? I'm a big Authority fan) seems perfectly cool as long as it's not heavy-handed. Astro City is certainly one of the richest indie superhero worlds and there are a lot of ideas you can be inspired by - one of my favorites is the doomed Superman/Wonder Woman love affair between Samaritan and Winged Victory. The Confessor's arc as a Catholic vampire version of Batman is interesting, too.

Although with the status of the heroine, you might have to be careful - the moderators can probably tell you better how to address this if necessary. Perhaps it might be a good idea to age her up?

Certainly, we can discuss ideas either in a thread or by DM if you like. Best wishes!
SamsonandDelilah
Neophyte
Neophyte

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago

Hello,

There are actually a lot of prose books about superheroes (it came with the overall trend) but that doesn't mean you couldn't do an original one and a better one. The trick with comics is to find someone who *can* draw, and then pay them in a collaboration (there are tons of great Italian comic book artists, including some amazing female artists).

Your "return to idealism" story does sound good (this is a theme that many people are yearning for nowadays when everything is so nihilistic, and bereft of objective values), and the two daddies angle (kind of a Midnighter/Apollo vibe? I'm a big Authority fan) seems perfectly cool as long as it's not heavy-handed. Astro City is certainly one of the richest indie superhero worlds and there are a lot of ideas you can be inspired by - one of my favorites is the doomed Superman/Wonder Woman love affair between Samaritan and Winged Victory. The Confessor's arc as a Catholic vampire version of Batman is interesting, too.

Although with the status of the heroine, you might have to be careful - the moderators can probably tell you better how to address this if necessary. Perhaps it might be a good idea to age her up?

Certainly, we can discuss ideas either in a thread or by DM if you like. Best wishes!
Yes, but unless you pay them (because every artist deserves to be paid for work) is quite difficult to have a comic unless you draw it yourself, or you can connect for a join operation for proposing a new comic to some publishing house.

The "two daddies" issue is something I wanted to add because I wanted a cute, female protagonist (who I want to keep underage because the story is planned to have NO sexual content, and to boost the cuteness factor) with great powers and two dads, because it is time to accept non-traditional families in our culture vision. And, I was quite hoping to when Hope Summers was introcued, hoping for a family relationship with Cable and Deadpool, but after I was disappointed, I plan to redo it my way.

Also, this is not a story I plan to use in NSFW way, nor to publish it online.

If you want, I can sahre more with you, but I would prefer to do that in private message. Are you on Discord server?
shevek
Producer
Producer

SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago
If you want, I can sahre more with you, but I would prefer to do that in private message. Are you on Discord server?
No, I have no plans to be on Discord.

You can create a chat here on the Forum specifically about your project, then invite me and whomever else expresses interest.
Hope we in the Forum can help you shape your vision into a reality!
SamsonandDelilah
Neophyte
Neophyte

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago
No, I have no plans to be on Discord.

You can create a chat here on the Forum specifically about your project, then invite me and whomever else expresses interest.
Hope we in the Forum can help you shape your vision into a reality!
That would be a good idea: what's the procedure for create a chat?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

On the front page below the topics theres a NEW ROOM button above a list of the existing rooms people have set up - you can create a new room and if you want just invite certain members

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
SamsonandDelilah
Neophyte
Neophyte

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
On the front page below the topics theres a NEW ROOM button above a list of the existing rooms people have set up - you can create a new room and if you want just invite certain members
Done and done, thank you for the help.

Wanna join too?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Sorry got waaaay too much on. Dont get much time tio read and I have 6 of my own stories to finish

arkane
Henchman
Henchman

SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago
I am an Italian superhero fan.....Currently I am worldbuilding a superhero book
No questions from me, but I wish you the best with your project.
SamsonandDelilah
Neophyte
Neophyte

arkane wrote:
1 year ago
SamsonandDelilah wrote:
1 year ago
I am an Italian superhero fan.....Currently I am worldbuilding a superhero book
No questions from me, but I wish you the best with your project.
Thank you for your hope.

I hope to not disappoint it, yourself and me too...