Amber Heard

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

ah.png
ah.png (394.5 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
I found this tweet that mentions a petition to remove Amber Heard from acuaman :dawgie: . I don't think so :angry: ! She was not convicted, it is not known if she is guilty or not, therefore, we are taking her job away from her. And if she was, you can't mix things up. This is fiction!
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p la ... </script>
Damselbinder

Oh god please no, don't bring this up here, not on this forum; it's going to be a spectacular dumpster fire
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

argento wrote:
1 year ago
ah.png
I found this tweet that mentions a petition to remove Amber Heard from acuaman :dawgie: . I don't think so :angry: ! She was not convicted, it is not known if she is guilty or not, therefore, we are taking her job away from her. And if she was, you can't mix things up. This is fiction!
Accusations seem to be enough to remove Johnny Depp from Fantastic Beasts and Pirates, not to mention many others of both sexes who get cancel to satisfy the mob. Gina Carano, Kevin Spacey etc.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
argento wrote:
1 year ago
ah.png
Accusations seem to be enough to remove Johnny Depp from Fantastic Beasts and Pirates, not to mention many others of both sexes who get cancel to satisfy the mob. Gina Carano, Kevin Spacey etc.
It was unfair what happened to Johnny Depp. It is unfair because not even a judge can judge him beyond the bench.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
Oh god please no, don't bring this up here, not on this forum; it's going to be a spectacular dumpster fire
As far as I am concerned, it will not catch fire.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
It doesn't have to be a dumpster fire if people refrain from personal attacks. Carry on.
shevek
Producer
Producer

To quote from a Giant Freaking Robot article about this subject from a year ago:

"Amber Heard’s situation is more straightforward than Depp’s, legally speaking. Regardless of all the petitions, Warner Bros. simply can’t do what they are asking. They can’t break their contract with the actress (the contract calls for the sequel) because no criminal charges were filed against her. She can’t even be asked to resign, much like Depp was, because she hasn’t lost any civil judgment. At least not yet."

It'd be an incredible shame if a beautiful, shapely redhead did not fill out the Mera costume in Aquaman 2. As far as I'm concerned, it's doesn't have to be Amber Heard, as long as there is an acceptable substitute.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

This whole cancel culture has gotten way out of hand if you ask me. Sure, it was wrong to "cancel" Johnny Depp, but "cancelling" Amber Heard doesn't solve anything . If anything, it only makes matters worse if any Tom, Dick and Harry can just start a petition to have anyone removed. This has to stop somewhere and I do hope the Hollywood bigwigs stop listening to this BS.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
To quote from a Giant Freaking Robot article about this subject from a year ago:

"Amber Heard’s situation is more straightforward than Depp’s, legally speaking. Regardless of all the petitions, Warner Bros. simply can’t do what they are asking. They can’t break their contract with the actress (the contract calls for the sequel) because no criminal charges were filed against her. She can’t even be asked to resign, much like Depp was, because she hasn’t lost any civil judgment. At least not yet."

It'd be an incredible shame if a beautiful, shapely redhead did not fill out the Mera costume in Aquaman 2. As far as I'm concerned, it's doesn't have to be Amber Heard, as long as there is an acceptable substitute.
she is gorgeous :w00t:
clyde11
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

A few years ago I was with some friends standing standing in line at a WWE show when some guy approached us and asked us to sign his petition for the WWE to fire some wrestler that I had never heard of over some allegations that I was not fimiliar with at all. He stood with the pen and petition extended towards us expecting us to take his word that he had revealed all of the facts and to except the validity of everthing he said. He was quite disappointed when none of us signed.
I'm getting quite sick of all of these petitions floating around out there. Last week it was Ezra Miller, then Chris Pratt, and now it's Amber Heard. Tomorrow or next week? Who knows. But, rest assured, there will be more petitions or
twitter campaigns to have somone fired or cancelled.
If I boycotted a movie everytime one of the cast got into legal trouble, held a belief I don't subscribe to or said something I don't agree with, then I doubt I would be able to watch any movies or TV shows anymore.
We can't put people in jail for being assholes so the self righteous among us, who go through life believing their shit doesn't stink, feels the need to detroy their careers.
None for me thanks.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is the second Aquaman even going to be any good? First one was meh.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The Legal system was not designed to stand up to this level of public scrutiny. The idea that trials would be held open to the public was made to assure the populace that everything in the trial would be above board... but it also made under the assumption that no more than 30 some odd people would be able to pack into the courtroom and observe... never in their wildest imaginations did the men who created the system imagine that the entire world would be able to log in on youtube to watch a trial and copy paste "Burn the Witch!" or some other insult in either direction over and over and over for an eight hour workday. It inevitably exacerbates the issue until the people associated with them have to say something or else the world makes their own assumptions and decides for them what they think.

I don't think we should be televising trials. At this rate, one day we're going to be a Cardassian Court.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Femina wrote:
1 year ago
The Legal system was not designed to stand up to this level of public scrutiny. The idea that trials would be held open to the public was made to assure the populace that everything in the trial would be above board... but it also made under the assumption that no more than 30 some odd people would be able to pack into the courtroom and observe... never in their wildest imaginations did the men who created the system imagine that the entire world would be able to log in on youtube to watch a trial and copy paste "Burn the Witch!" or some other insult in either direction over and over and over for an eight hour workday. It inevitably exacerbates the issue until the people associated with them have to say something or else the world makes their own assumptions and decides for them what they think.

I don't think we should be televising trials. At this rate, one day we're going to be a Cardassian Court.
Agreed. I didn't use to feel that way about cameras in the courtroom, but some of these circus trials we have had over the years, lawyers, and even judges playing to the cameras, that I think sometimes the goal of a fair trial is compromised, polluted by celebrity, cameras, and other aspects I won't mention in order to keep the topic in safe waters. Cameras in the courtroom also I think at times distorts reality, one sees snippets here and there, and folks make judgments on how the trial is going without having the proper context of the entire trial.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
Look, somebody had to put a stop to those Depp Pirate films, the last 2 or 3 (plus that lone ranger train wreck) are basically watching someone descend into a sort of haze of cosplay addicted madness

and fuelling him up with the stukapillen then letting him go on Fantastic beasts wouldn't have been any better, can you image, 3,4 maybe 5 films of Depp running around as a semi albino yank voldermort, ffs
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

The studios will get rid of an actor if they have to. Some time they hand them a check and replace them.other times they simply write them out, or cut the down to a cameo. I have not been following the Depp/ Heard melodrama very closely, but it sounds like she really took a hairy crap on his career. Depp has a really long list of supporters, including all the many women he dated (except Heard) and even Heard’s parents are siding with Depp.

If the studio decides she is toxic, they will dump her. The perception Being toxic is a legitimate reason to lose an acting job. I do not like the term “cancelled” because the world doesn’t cancel, careers ebb and flow, sometimes your up and sometimes you’re down. Spacey and Caramo weren’t cancelled, they did things that made themselves unappealing.
Last edited by sneakly 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

lionbadger wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
Look, somebody had to put a stop to those Depp Pirate films, the last 2 or 3 (plus that lone ranger train wreck) are basically watching someone descend into a sort of haze of cosplay addicted madness

and fuelling him up with the stukapillen then letting him go on Fantastic beasts wouldn't have been any better, can you image, 3,4 maybe 5 films of Depp running around as a semi albino yank voldermort, ffs
Deep breaths LB, deep breaths.
(nit to be confused with Depp breaths) 😂
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Amber used to look good...she was a really hot tight sexy blonde....now....nah not so much!
shevek
Producer
Producer

clyde11 wrote:
1 year ago
Chris Pratt
Out of the three you mentioned (Ezra Miller, Chris Pratt, Amber Heard), only Pratt is the one who did nothing at all.
Femina wrote:
1 year ago
Fantastic reference, Femina - Deep Space 9 is truly the best Star Trek! For those unaware, she's referring to a kangaroo court where the guilty verdict is set in advance, and the trial is for show.
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Spacey and Caramo weren’t cancelled, they did things that made themselves unappealing.
Again (see above for the danger of celebrity conflation) Spacey and Carano were extremely different circumstances. Spacey was literally Cosby-level.

With Carano, however, it was basically nothing, just a handful of tweets which were mostly spot on, anyway.
Disney could have papered it over and moved on.

And she never lost any "appeal." She is still extremely popular - 1 million followers on Twitter, and nearly 2 million on IG. It was only a small vocal group who led the charge. And yes, she really was "cancelled" (blacklisted from the mainstream industry is the current definition of the word). Terror on the Prairie comes out June 6.

Back to the Heard.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
clyde11 wrote:
1 year ago
Chris Pratt
Out of the three you mentioned (Ezra Miller, Chris Pratt, Amber Heard), only Pratt is the one who did nothing at all.
Femina wrote:
1 year ago
Fantastic reference, Femina - Deep Space 9 is truly the best Star Trek! For those unaware, she's referring to a kangaroo court where the guilty verdict is set in advance, and the trial is for show.
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Spacey and Caramo weren’t cancelled, they did things that made themselves unappealing.
Again (see above for the danger of celebrity conflation) Spacey and Carano were extremely different circumstances. Spacey was literally Cosby-level.

With Carano, however, it was basically nothing, just a handful of tweets which were mostly spot on, anyway.
Disney could have papered it over and moved on.

And she never lost any "appeal." She is still extremely popular - 1 million followers on Twitter, and nearly 2 million on IG. It was only a small vocal group who led the charge. And yes, she really was "cancelled" (blacklisted from the mainstream industry is the current definition of the word). Terror on the Prairie comes out June 6.

Back to the Heard.
You can’t say she was cancelled and then link to her up coming movie trailer. That sort of makes my point. Genes Simmons was given a lifetime ban by Fox News, that is no more a “cancel”. That she has 1 million follower on Twitter and 2 million on IG, again, proves there is no such thing as “cancelling”. It’s a creation to sooth bruised egos.

Considering the current by the Right to “cancel” Disney for pushing back on Transgender rights in Florida, I am not sure why you are upset that they canceled an actress, who’s channel is now being cancelled….

How do you feel about the states like Texas and Florida purging books from libraries and legislating what teachers can talk about in the classroom?
Damselbinder

I knew this would happen

I fucking knew this would happen. I TOLD you it would be a dumpster fire.

The rule is no politics. It devolved into political mudslinging immediately. If this doesn't break the rules I don't know what does.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
I knew this would happen

The rule is no politics. It devolved into political mudslinging immediately. If this doesn't break the rules I don't know what does.
I agree. Another bald tire spinning on ice.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
I knew this would happen

Once a dude starts using the word cancel, that is where the discourse starts to go downhill and devolve into politics. Folks ought to know without being reminded that cancel is a political buzz word these days, a sort of a gateway word that can easily drive a thread off topic and into political realm which is off limits here.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

well the topic was about Heard being removed from Aquaman 2 so I think that is a "cancel" argument.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
well the topic was about Heard being removed from Aquaman 2 so I think that is a "cancel" argument.
True. That petition with 3 million signatures is probably the single biggest "cancel" movement to date in this current era - certainly the biggest one coming from the grassroots (as opposed to the corporate offices).

I think that discussing how various celebrities were punished by either the entertainment industry or the public square (or both) for their wildly varying levels of infractions (real, or imagined) is valid and relevant to the discussion of what's going on with Heard and Depp, as long as the discussion returns to its central topic.

Bringing in mentions of political measures ("Texas and Florida", or some such) is, of course, *politics*, and not valid for the discussion.

Yes?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes there is no right or left thing here. Heard is clearly a DV abuser and the question, based on past track records of people removed, should she get the same treatment and be removed.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

R.jpeg
R.jpeg (361.19 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
Let's all just be thankful God creates beautiful sexy blondes like this for us all(men & women) to enjoy!! Here she is in her prime, she would have made a perfect She-Ra or Adora, or even Supergirl, she is just perfect here, maybe not her attitude but who gives a fuck!!!
f695d72b374aa6283b29965a5e042f14.jpg
f695d72b374aa6283b29965a5e042f14.jpg (107.73 KiB) Viewed 1992 times
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

I posted the topic "Amber Heard" because I found on twitter a petition for her to be canceled. I am convinced that it is an unfair request, as well as other celebrities who were canceled for issues unrelated to acting. In the times we live in, the choice and/or creation of a superheroine can also be a political issue. MH wrote "It doesn't have to be a dumpster fire if people refrain from personal attacks. Carry on. "Therefore, I did not break the rules. I did not use abusive and/or offensive words.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

batgirl1969 wrote:
1 year ago
R.jpegLet's all just be thankful God creates beautiful sexy blondes like this for us all(men & women) to enjoy!! Here she is in her prime, she would have made a perfect She-Ra or Adora, or even Supergirl, she is just perfect here, maybe not her attitude but who gives a fuck!!!f695d72b374aa6283b29965a5e042f14.jpg
No one cares what she does in her private life.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Yes there is no right or left thing here. Heard is clearly a DV abuser and the question, based on past track records of people removed, should she get the same treatment and be removed.
frankly: it hurts me to collect signatures to hurt someone.
clyde11
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
clyde11 wrote:
1 year ago
Chris Pratt
You're right, he didn't do anything. But there is a twitter campaign to have him booted from the Guardians franchise because of his association with a controversial church. Even though there are numerous celebrities associated with that church he's being singled out for some reason.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

A hero will rise and shit in her husband's bed apparently

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
A hero will rise and shit in her husband's bed apparently
If the husband likes it, it's coprophilia, it's not a crime, hahaha.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Seemingly she also stole his clothes and is wearing them for the trial...

:giggle:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
1 year ago

Guess we know who wears the pants in that house... (ducks)
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Maskripper wrote:
1 year ago

Image :lol: :lol:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Reminds me of Elizabeth Holmes from the Theranos scandal who dressed and acted like Steve Jobs.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So she got some of his clothes in the divorce settlement?
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Heeding what @Maskripper posted, I got curious and searched from tweet to tweet coming to a site that noted, Heard copies Depp's outfit and look the day after each hearing. If the actor wears a certain outfit one day of the trial, the next day she wears that exact same outfit. The tactic used by Heard is called vested cognition. The concept was created by a British developmental psychologist, a lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire, named Karen Pine. "By seeing her dressed like this, he is seeing himself dressed like this (the colors and shapes we see are imprinted in the subconscious) and it is clear that Amber Heard is sending signals to Johnny not to be hard on her at the trial," the professionals explained.
What the actress is ultimately looking for by dressing in a similar way would be to weaken him psychologically. "Everything points to the fact that she would be advised by a psychologist. In addition, as seen in the transmissions, she is always looking for eye contact with him," they added.
I don't know ... but it makes sense.
https://www.quever.news/estrellas/2022/ ... 15557.html
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

FR5DW9hXoAA5gA1.jpeg
FR5DW9hXoAA5gA1.jpeg (40.39 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
SHE SHAT IN HIS FUCKING BED. I CANT GET PAST THAT.
Especially as Twitter has dubbed her Amber Turd
:giggle: :lol: :laugh:

ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

People appear to expect celebrities to be as good, or better than normal people. Why can't we revel in her being worse, and live vicariously through that. Back in the day, actors, rock stars etc used to get into drunken bar fights, smash up hotel rooms, shag everything in sight and it was fun and exciting.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Basketball player Charles Barkley said it best: "I don't believe professional athletes should be role models. I believe parents should be role models."

Applies to actors/actresses as well.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

ivandobsky wrote:
1 year ago
People appear to expect celebrities to be as good, or better than normal people. Why can't we revel in her being worse, and live vicariously through that. Back in the day, actors, rock stars etc used to get into drunken bar fights, smash up hotel rooms, shag everything in sight and it was fun and exciting.
I dont expect anything of celebrities, except that they use a toilet
(-I was gonna say "I dont give a shit what they do, but I do in this case, lol)
I think its a different level to get drunk and start a fight to leaving faecal matter for some poor housemaid to have to clean up.
Accidental defecation is a different thing, but to deliberately shit in the bed (and blame the dogs which were tiny and by all accounts the turd was half their size) is a whole new low

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So should Ezra Miller get kicked out? Should we ignore his shenanigans and behavior?
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
So should Ezra Miller get kicked out? Should we ignore his shenanigans and behavior?
Wikipedia says that he was arrested for harassment and minor injuries (this is how it is typified in the Argentine penal code, I guess it must be similar to the American one). Who has to judge him is the justice system. If he is guilty, he should be sentenced. What I do not agree with is the culture of cancellation (gathering signatures to remove someone from some place). In Argentina we use the word escrache (an Argentine and Uruguayan colloquialism with two meanings, "to break, destroy, crush" and "to photograph a person").
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

argento wrote:
1 year ago
Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Wikipedia says that he was arrested for harassment and minor injuries (this is how it is typified in the Argentine penal code, I guess it must be similar to the American one). Who has to judge him is the justice system. If he is guilty, he should be sentenced. What I do not agree with is the culture of cancellation (gathering signatures to remove someone from some place). In Argentina we use the word escrache (an Argentine and Uruguayan colloquialism with two meanings, "to break, destroy, crush" and "to photograph a person").
This. Due process. If he's guilty, the courts should judge him so and give the appropriate punishment. That's what the justice system is for.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... jake-busey

So Olivia Munn got Steven Wilder Striegel removed from the movie The Predator after she found out he was a registered sex offender. He apparently did his time. Is this an acceptable thing to do especially when the scene was a sex scene? Was the studio doing the right thing removing him from the movie?
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago

So Olivia Munn got Steven Wilder Striegel removed from the movie The Predator after she found out he was a registered sex offender. He apparently did his time. Is this an acceptable thing to do especially when the scene was a sex scene? Was the studio doing the right thing removing him from the movie?
It is a very serious crime pedophilia. The studio has the protestad, in Civil Law to hire or fire anyone. According to what I read, he concealed his criminal record, therefore, there is deceit. If the studio had known about it before, they would not have hired him.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

argento wrote:
1 year ago
Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago

It is a very serious crime pedophilia. The studio has the protestad, in Civil Law to hire or fire anyone. According to what I read, he concealed his criminal record, therefore, there is deceit. If the studio had known about it before, they would not have hired him.
protestad: Power or authority that someone has over a person or thing.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

argento wrote:
1 year ago
Legality and morality are not the same thing though.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

ivandobsky wrote:
1 year ago
argento wrote:
1 year ago
Legality and morality are not the same thing though.
"morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike" Oscar Wilde