New Elvis Movie

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Saw this the other night and found it both entertaining and overly produced, which is Baz Luhrman's style so I expected that. I thought Austin Butler did a fine job as Elvis and Tom Hanks did his usual quality work, even with a heavily loaded script.

Anyone else see this yet?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

DrDominator9 wrote:
1 year ago
Saw this the other night and found it both entertaining and overly produced, which is Baz Luhrman's style so I expected that. I thought Austin Butler did a fine job as Elvis and Tom Hanks did his usual quality work, even with a heavily loaded script.

Anyone else see this yet?
I am on the fence, thinking about seeing it Monday, I saw the trailer for Elvis while in the theatre seeing the awesome Top Gun film, the trailer for Elvis seemed cool and interesting, but I need extra motivation to pluck down cash to go see a movie in the theatre these days. Would you recommend the film Dr. D? Thumbs up or down?
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

[quote=bushwackerbob post_id=198394 time=1656480470 user_id=5425
[/quote]

I am on the fence, thinking about seeing it Monday, I saw the trailer for Elvis while in the theatre seeing the awesome Top Gun film, the trailer for Elvis seemed cool and interesting, but I need extra motivation to pluck down cash to go see a movie in the theatre these days. Would you recommend the film Dr. D? Thumbs up or down?
[/quote]

Have you seen any other Baz Luhrman films like Moulin Rouge? He's very stylized with his directorial eye so lots of production numbers and set pieces. I enjoyed it quite a bit myself. If you like Elvis songs it's worthwhile for that, as well as giving some historical perspective about a time that precedes you.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025