CA sheriff orders raid on Indiana Batmobile garage, allegedly as favor for friend

General discussions about superheroines!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

$200k for a replica batmobile. There's a guy in Vegas with one who lends it out. I got to see it when driving down the strip and chatted with the driver who was the mechanic working on it.
TroyKimmel03
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

What a bunch of bullshit! That builder ought to sue all involved!!!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The builder should sue.

You don't pay for a custom product in full, you don't get it
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Ha. Interested to see where this one goes. Abuse of power is nothing unusual, but these guys seem sufficiently low level that they might not get away with it.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Lol, it reminds me of Penguin running for mayor. Bruce Wayne seems to have abused his relationship with commissioner Gordon…
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

It always beggars belief how these things end up in court.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I don't understand how these things work stateside but going 2000miles to another state wouldn't that be beyond their jurisdiction? Wouldn't the local cops be called on to administer the warrant or raid?
And where the hell is the common sense of the 4 cops who went on the raid that they didn't speak up and say this is ridiculous.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Police have some leeway to pursue arrests if they had some jurisdiction, in this case one person involvement lived in the area.

Police are trained not to question each other even when they know there is something illegal going on., They back eat other up and when it is the police chief where their jobs depend upon it ....
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
I don't understand how these things work stateside but going 2000miles to another state wouldn't that be beyond their jurisdiction? Wouldn't the local cops be called on to administer the warrant or raid?
And where the hell is the common sense of the 4 cops who went on the raid that they didn't speak up and say this is ridiculous.
If a murder occurs in New York and the guy flees to Kansas, the New York police can pursue him and bring him to New York for trial. But this is usually a felony otherwise they ask the locals to arrest the guy then they come pick him up. This is clearly a civil issue which police don't deal with. Its clerly bourgeoisie privilege for a rich realtor.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Here in Argentina it's called abuse of authority, it's an everyday thing. I remembered something, I was 18 years old. I was with my girlfriend in her car in an open field. Without hearing anything, two policemen appeared saying that there was a telephone complaint against us for obscene acts on the public highway. One of the policemen asked me to get out of the car and approach the police van. There he started with a sermon that ended with coercion. I had to give him money and that was the end of it.