Addams Family Reboot

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I think this has potential. This iteration has has Wednesday with emerging psychic abilities hunting a serial killer in a private school. I kind of think Wednesday would make a great switch. Her natural inclination to be top, tempered by finding herself occasionally bested (if only temporarily).

I could see her with the batgirl-esque cool of “you’ll never get away with this” as she gets locked in some sort of Medieval device… or rescuing her normy sidekick. The eternal optimist in me wants to believe this will deliver…
Damselbinder

bruh isn't she meant to be like an actual child
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
bruh isn't she meant to be like an actual child
The actress is twenty…

The show isn’t even out yet.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This girl did a series called Adult Wednesday Addams.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago

This girl did a series called Adult Wednesday Addams.
I loved that series. I think they made her stop producing the series because of the Netflix series.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I liked that. I am looking forward to the Netflix series.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
I loved that series. I think they made her stop producing the series because of the Netflix series.
Nah they got on her due to copyright even though it was a parody. She simply didn't have the money to challenge the rights owners. Plus she kind of... well today she could do a Shelly Winters parody.
Judah
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

The only thing I wanna see in this series is Catherine Zeta-Jones' Morticia stretched on the Medieval Rack like Angelica Huston was in the first movie.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Just looks like some sort of Sabrina the Teenage Witch kind of deal. Might watch it at some point, but since the focus is on Wednesday not Morticia and Gomez I'm less interested. Also wizard schools can fuck off. Holy shit enough already.

I think they did a good job casting Gomez though. There was so much talk about Oscar Isaac in the role, but folks seem to have missed that Gomez is a funny looking bugger. He's not supposed to be handsome, he's a little round Spanish dude.

Less keen on Catherine Zeta Jones as Morticia, we'll have to see how it goes. There's a bit of otherworldliness to Angelica Houston and Carolyn Jones, whereas I get more of a Big Titty Goth Girlfriend vibe from CJZ. We'll have to see how the show shakes out I suppose.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Dogfish wrote:
1 year ago
Just looks like some sort of Sabrina the Teenage Witch kind of deal. Might watch it at some point, but since the focus is on Wednesday not Morticia and Gomez I'm less interested. Also wizard schools can fuck off. Holy shit enough already.

I think they did a good job casting Gomez though. There was so much talk about Oscar Isaac in the role, but folks seem to have missed that Gomez is a funny looking bugger. He's not supposed to be handsome, he's a little round Spanish dude.

Less keen on Catherine Zeta Jones as Morticia, we'll have to see how it goes. There's a bit of otherworldliness to Angelica Houston and Carolyn Jones, whereas I get more of a Big Titty Goth Girlfriend vibe from CJZ. We'll have to see how the show shakes out I suppose.
Carolyn Jones was a good Morticia, I wish she had gotten more to do as Marsha, Queen of Diamonds, possibly the dullest bat-villain ever. We’ll have to see how CZJ does, she is a good looking woman, but hasn’t done much lately. Tim Burton is usually pretty creative, so we’ll see. I liked the Sabrina Netflix series. Hopefully they will not have have Wednesday as as an androgynous 12 y.o. I really liked the Wednesday all grown up web series, I think that and the actress playing her is 20 and looks pretty good when she wants is setting my hopes higher than they should be.

SailorKrypton
Neophyte
Neophyte

I'll give it a watch.