Wifelike (2022)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Came across a mention of this new movie by accident on Youtube.

When I saw the title "Wifelike" and the vaguely dystopian sci-fi posters I knew immediately what it was about: artificial robot wives.
Seeing as how that could be an intriguing and sexy premise (if not exactly original) I figured I'd kill a couple hours.
Fembots; Bladerunner; Electric Dreams; Stepford Wives; Her; Humans (the TV show); Ex-Machina; I Robot; Westworld; even the comic book Alex & Ada (on Image) which has a very similar premise - there's lot of precedents for this stuff, so I wanted to see how they could present it differently.

Turns out there's a twist that turns this movie about robot sex companions into more of a Matrix-level murder thriller where the characters travel into virtual dreams (maybe that's actually more of a Sandman thing). I won't reveal more than that, you'll have to experience it for yourself.

But what I can tell you is that this movie is hella sexy. The female star Elena Kampouris has an amazing body (and also does a great job portraying
both a live human and an android companion) and is supermodel-beautiful up close. There are two extended love scenes with the male lead (who is a poor man's Richard Dean Anderson), and plenty of solo shots of her in very tight dresses and even a tight spandex outfit. There's also a masturbation scene which is unfortunately cut way short - if only they'd have almost let her reach climax, it would have added value to the production. And finally, there's a scene where the female android displays super strength, for those who like to see girl power and bone-crushing domination/humiliation like a superheroine.

As well, there are several gorgeous actresses who play other android companions, and they're pretty much always in something tight and sexy, even when they're all standing together raising their fists as some sort of Robot Liberation Front. This aspect of things, and the cheesy poster (see below)
places the shtick of this movie firmly in the 90s (see: cheesecake shows like Cleopatra 2525), but that's not really a bad thing. With the premise fully established and most of the main characters still around at the end, it would seem like a perfect pitch for a TV show.

The director James Bird really hasn't done anything much yet (his credits are rather short) so maybe he'll develop this premise into an ongoing series
where Elena Kampouris plays a sexy leader of the robot rebellion, alternating between seducing and killing her human enemies. I also really liked the actress with the French accent, Alex Villaret, who plays a robot who says that she gets "kinky" (unfortunately, she missed a completely obvious chance to kiss Elena when they were face to face).

In the meantime, check out this movie if you also have two hours to kill (it's a slow burn, admittedly).
wifelike poster.jpg
wifelike poster.jpg (51.82 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
elena_kampouris_nude_wifelike.jpg
elena_kampouris_nude_wifelike.jpg (95.31 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
elena kampouris love scene wifelike.jpg
elena kampouris love scene wifelike.jpg (623.63 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
elena gets off.jpg
elena gets off.jpg (97.76 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kinky lesbian robots!!! I like!!!!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Reminds me of my, as yet, unwritten book “Les-bots of Paris”, where out of control sex robots start a killing spree. Through a programming glitch, the robots find away around the first law of robotics (robots cannot kill). They can kill but only in fetishistic ways (they are sex bots).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Reminds me of my, as yet, unwritten book “Les-bots of Paris”, where out of control sex robots start a killing spree. Through a programming glitch, the robots find away around the first law of robotics (robots cannot kill). They can kill but only in fetishistic ways (they are sex bots).
Sign me up!! Sounds like a banging good time!
shevek
Producer
Producer

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Sign me up, too, as long as one of them looks like Pris from Bladerunner and kills her victims by cartwheeling up to them and crushing their head
with her thighs. :)
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hmh, I will have to check that out because of..... reasons. :hmmm:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...