Tales of Supergirl : Witch's Brew

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hi all. This is just a little character piece for Halloween.

No peril just a bit of fun . I've added a second part that ties the story in to my other SG stories.
If you like it please comment but it's just a character piece with a bit of humorous background for our favourite lady

Its 2 parts, here is the first

Kara crept silently towards the door a shadow from the street lamp behind her further down the road casting a monstrous shadow across the glass.

“Ok...ok...Kara...deep breaths...you got this...piece of cake. You been in worse shape than this before now...”

She groaned. Her head was pounding, She closed her eyes , taking a moment . She felt like she was dying. Maybe she was.

“Ok...alright, pull yourself together. C'mon...” her hand reached out towards the door. Dare she push it?

‘Could be booby trapped ...” she whispered to herself and smiled, suppressing a giggle.. She decided on a smarter play. Rather than physically touch it she would blow gently on the door . If unlocked it would swing open, if locked it would stay in place with little sound. Either way she wouldn’t be announcing her presence to whoever was inside waiting for her.

She took a deep breath “Ok , here I go” she whispered to herself .

Whuuuu.” The door didn’t move she tried again slightly harder to be sure.

WWWWWWHUUUUJJUJJ!” the door flung back on its hinges with a huge crash that broke the toughened safety glass as it hit the door stopper.

Oh CRRRRAPPPP!” she froze “PFFFFFGGGGAAAHAGAGAHAHAHAHA !” she tried to suppress the laughter but the more she tried the more hilarious it seemed

PFFFT I broke the door! Ha ha!”

“OH ! WHO'S THERE? IVE CALLED THE COPS AND THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY!”

“Rob, Rob it’s me ME!” she whispered flapping her hands at her chest

“Oh bloody ‘ell it’s you!” Rob the cafe owner said relaxing as he came out from behind the counter brandishing a ladle .

“I know I just told you that ! Pfft!” she giggled as she tried to keep quiet.” Armed huh? Pfffftha ha ha !”

Rob sheepishly lowered the ladle “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, fine, fine, fine. Mighty fine. PPPPFFFFT Ha ha ha!”every time she laughed she tried to stop it popping out making a little pffffft noise each time.

“What time do you call this?!” he demanded , hands on hips.

She looked above him at the clock on the wall behind the counter.

“I call it ten-oh two" she smiled as she swayed unsteadily, refocusing her gaze back on him with some difficulty.

“What? Oh, that bloody clock, the batteries have gone again, ‘Ang on..I'll get the time off my phone.”

“No need its three forty eight. Rob" she had a flawless body click totally in tune to the rhythms of time.

“Ang on I’ll have it up now"

“Its three forty eight Rob”

“Ang on just a sec"

“Its three forty eight Rob”

“Here we go, hang on..."

"Its three forty eight. “

“Its ...three forty eight!” he declared oblivious to her interruptions.

“Who knew?” she said drily

"What have you been up to?!” he demanded

“Nothin'!” she said stiffly.

“Oh nothin', she says, nothin'. So you aint gone out trick or treating tonight dressed as a witch?”

“ME?!!! NO!” She said innocently

“So you ain’t gone out dressed as a witch causing mayhem?!!!”

“No!”

“Then where's my bloody mop gone! And how come you are holding a cauldron of sweeties?!”

“Uh- uh, it’s a Candy Cauldron “she wagged a finger at him as she hoped she could keep the mop upright behind her back.
Kara suddenly cried “Oh my God is that a spider ?!!” and pointed behind Rob at the wall.

WEEEEEUUUURRRRGGGGHHHH!” he screamed, his face so distended down at the mouth that it was resembling the melting German officer at the end of ‘Raiders. He jumped towards her and turned to look at where she pointed behind where he had stood.

In that second his back was turned she used her Super speed to place the mop back in the corner.

“WHERE ?!” he cried and slumped in visible relief as she pointed at the big furry toy spider on the wall. “Oh bloody ‘ell that not a real one and in any case you helped me put it up this afternoon ‘

“My bad!”

“So, my girl where’s my bloody mop?”

“Its over there. “

“It isn-oh. Oh....well... it wasn’t there earlier....”

She gave an innocent shrug. “Well it’s there now....”

“So you didn’t take it?”

She shook her head biting down on her bottom lip.

“So this...” he clicked the remote and turned on the TV. “This isn’t you?”

The local news channel sprung into life

As Kara watched the murky footage it started to bring back some memories. She watched as a witch zipped about the sky cackling as she went. Oh yeah. And then there was the race with the police helicopter. “Oh crap"

“It looks a lot like you"

“Could be anyone" she said trying to look nonchalant.

“They scrambled two jets from Carter air force base"

Oh yeah, the fighters...

“Witchy woman there” he pointed the remote towards the screen, “ flew over one and planted a big kiss on the plexiglass. “

Kara winced. “Oh yeah. There was that.” she thought.

The footage showed a beaming navigator with a bright red set of lips on his canopy.

Oh crap.

“Heather has been working flat out trying to suppress the footage poor gal!”

“Actually I am spreading the footage “ Heather called as she came in from the office. “I’m adding CGI and then passing it on , so when its examined they will see the obvious CGI and dismiss it.”

Kara gave her a big smile and a thumbs up.

“Oh man, you ARE WASTED!!!” Heather said incredulously.

“I’m a little worse for wear “ Kara conceded before finding the situation hilarious and bursting out laughing. She deeply regretted finding that case of DeValtan Port on the small scout ship she had borrowed.

“So you just gone out and got drunk?” Rob challenged her.

“NOOOO.....I got drunk and then went out....” somehow that seemed important.

Rob shook his head in bewilderment but smiled.. “Cmon let’s get you to bed ...” he had just looped an arm behind his neck as he held her wrist when there was a dramatic “Bppppwwwuergh!” noise and she was sick all over him.

Rob froze and uncoiled her arm from behind his head gingerly.

Kara mouthed “sorry" before she was suddenly sick on his shoes. She thought this was hilarious.

Rob didn’t. He glowered at her in sad resignation but his look was wasted on her.

“Cmon wicked witch of the west. Time for bed...”

“Screw you fat boy! I wanna party!”

“Oh God. “ Rob rolled his eyes “Heather, put her to bed, I’d best get cleaned up"

“I dont feel so good....” Kara mumbled

“Well, there’s a surprise....” Rob said. “You sure that witch wasnt you?”

“Definitely...” she said sheepishly.

“So you ain’t gone out tonight , pretending to be a witch, raising hell and getting drunk?”

“Nope. Wasnt me. Honest.”

“Then why have you got a rubber wart on your nose?”

"Busted" she thought
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Hmmm, is a Superheroine getting drunk a new fetish? Could be.

Nice light lifting, Tally. Thanks.

:thumbup:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Cheers, gonna post a second bit up tonight that adds a little more to my Devil May Cry story. This is a sort of interlude

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Part 2

“Wakey Wakey , rise an' shine! Today's the day that you'll be mine!” Rob called cheerily as he backed into the room carrying a breakfast tray.

“[Auuuurrrrrrgggghhhh....Wait , what?” Kara groaned.

“Thought that would wake you up!” he said with a grin as he set the tray on the double bed beside her and then perched on the end of the bed edge himself.

Kara was still flat on her back with her eyes clenched closed.

Auuuuuggggghhhhh.....I couldn't eat a thing Rob , I’m sorry.”

“Eh? Oh it’s not YOUR breakfast, its MINE. I thought I could eat it while I watch you suffer.” To reinforce his point he picked up a strip of toast and dunked it into his soft boiled egg causing a golden eruption of yolk to spill over the side.

“Gee thanks. Am I dying? I feel like I’m dying"

“Nahhh you’ll be fine . If I knew what it was you drunk I would give you some more. Hair of the dog. Best cure for a hangover"

Ugggghhhh. What time is it?”

“Wednesday. “

WHHHHAT?!!!!” I’ve been out for 2 days!!!!” she cried panic stricken, sitting upright quickly before falling back down in seconds with a groan and clutching her pounding head.

“I’m jokin' , I’m jokin' love! Its Tuesday about 10:30. Thought you could do with a lie in .”

Aaauuughhh. I hate you.”

“Most gals do love, you are in good company” he said with a mouthful of eggy toast. “You are, have a bit of soldier” he dumped another thin strip of toast into the egg and held it towards her.

“Oh God no.” she groaned and turned away,.

“Do you good. Cant beat a boiled egg an ‘ soldiers.” He said as he took a bit of it himself. "Feeling fragile are we?”

“Oh the room! When I open my eyes everything is moving...”

“SPINNEY ROOM! YOU GOT SPINNEY ROOM! OH, I'M SO PROUD!” He punched the air.

“Spinney room...trust you to have a name for it...”

“Its when you are lying still but when you look up at the ceiling everything lurches around the light fitting in a sort juddery repeat like a stuck record. Spinney Room.”

“Why the hell would you be proud about me having that?”

“Well it proves that you really went for it. Had a good night like. I’m just proud that you did switch off and get steaming"

Auuuuggghhh. I wish I hadn't. “

“You’ll be fine in a few hours. Well , sometimes a day. Sometimes two. ”

Auuuughhhh can't you kill me now?”

“Look have the tea. I made two cups that one is yours “

“I dont wanna drink anything ever again" she rolled over and buried her head in the pillow. “Why the hell do you intentionally poison yourself like this?”

“Same reason you did. To forget.”

“Forget what?”

“I dunno, I forgotten it" he said with a grin as she rolled back on to her back and threw a pillow at him . “Here . Come on . Have some tea. “ This time he held it out to her and she took it. “ Wanna tell me what happened? What you were trying to forget?”

She sat up in bed, back against the headboard, her knees bent up to brace her arms as she held the cup. She sighed and took a sip of her tea holding the cup rim with both hands. “I dunno , Rob... I just ...” she sighed again. “I found the crate of DaValtan booze on my scout ship...and I just thought I wonder what it tastes like?’....and I took a sip...and then another...and the next thing I knew it was empty ...and I felt sad because it was empty....then I just thought I could go out and fool around a little and have some fun and suddenly it seemed a great idea to be a witch and then...” she shrugged, looking at him sheepishly with big doe eyes from over the rim of the cup.

“Yeah but why did you start to feel like that?”

“I dont know, just ...the way things have gone the last few months...the Cornucopia, Aftermath, my powers failing..”

“You just thought “Fuck it , I’m goin' on the piss...” he finished for her.

“ Rob! Language! Not exactly that but....well ...kinda..."

He put a hand on her kneecap under the duvet and shook it affectionately. “ That’s my girl" he said with a big smile.

“I dont remember much after I stole the kids candy...oh my gosh I stole a little girls candy!” she clamped a shocked hand over her mouth as she stared at him open mouthed.

“Oh it got much worse after that... do you remember the police chase?” she winced and shook her head.

“No...?” she pulled a face. “No way they coulda caught me on my broom in a police cruiser though...”

MY broom. And it was a helicopter..”

“Oh God was it?”

“Yep. Recorded it off the news . Can show you after...”

“Please don’t". She cringed.

“Lasted 10 minutes but I think you were playing with them , making sure the news crews helicopters got their shots...”

“Oh, no....” Kara slumped miserably. “There were fighter jets? I sorta remember fighter jets...”

“Yeah they scrambled a couple from Carter Airforce Base...you lead them a merry dance out over the farmland west of town, then kissed the Navigators canopy when you flew upside down over him...”

“Did anyone see me...?” she asked timidly.

“Everyone...the news helicopters caught it all on the long range lenses...”

“Oh lordy....” she pulled the duvet up over head as much as she could but Robs weight on it stopped it coming up all the way, leaving her peeking over the edge like a timid mouse.

“I mean it’s a bit blurry but you can tell what’s going on...”

She buried her head below the edge of the bedsheets.

“If it’s any consolation, your cackling was really good...”

A loud groan emerged from behind the bedclothes.

“I take it you aren’t ready to get up?” she shook her head a little and it hurt as he went on “Well have a day to yourself. Stay in bed, watch a few films..” he gestured to a stack of DVDs on the bedside cabinet and then remembered that they were his “Oh God not those ones, proper films I mean , I got proper films somewhere, not those!”

“Maybe I wanna watch a dirty movie?” she said mischievously before she burst out laughing as his eyes widened in surprise. “I dont feel much like doing anything to be honest Rob . Your ...er...special movies are safe. I’ve only seen about 30 films in the 4 years I’ve been on Earth so maybe I will watch something conventional....”

“Eh? If you have only seen 30 movies how come you always win the movie quote game we play? “ there was a second of silence as she froze and her eyes widened as she realised she had made a terrible mistake. “YOU BEEN BLOODY CHEATING!” he shouted, jumping off the bed.

“I didn’t mean to!” she pleaded for clemency with her voice. “ I just wanted to make a friend, and you had seen so many and unless I knew some film lines I thought you wouldnt be my friend !"

“Oh, so that’s ok then! You bloody read my mind to find out the films, you bloody cheat!”

“Wait , what? No , Rob I’ve told you before I cant read your mind , that’s not part of my powers!”

“Oh yeah so if you didn’t see the film and you didn’t read my mind how the hell did you know so many lines from films then, you bloody cheat!”

“I....I broke into the National film archive and read some of the scripts they had on file....”she said apologetically “Well, “broke in” is a bit of a stretch I just hid after they locked up...”

“Well how many did you read?”

“Well Rob I can read a book or a manuscript in seconds but I cant watch a film on fast forward or else I lose the sound so I kinda had to do it to catch up...”

“How many did you read?”

“A few...well a bit more than a few...”

“How many?”

“54,374.”

“Oh for Christs sake...” he paced around dumb founded, flapping his palms up and down as he struggled to find what to say. “FIFTY FOUR BLOODY THOUSAND? No wonder you bloody won stuff"

“Please don't be mean to me, Rob , I’m sorry...I only did it so we could be friends....”

“I never had a bloody chance of winning...!” he said despairingly.

“I'm sorry...please dont make me feel more wretched than I do at the moment...please?”

He sighed and slumped down on the bed , steadying the tray that he almost tipped over.

“It was only a silly game...” he said with a sigh. “But I just liked playing it with you was all...”

“SO DID I!” She seized on his words. “Don't you see, that’s why I did it, so we could have that time together! It was fun and I liked it, I liked the time we spent playing it..it was...it was a break, I guess , for me , from all the stuff I have to do . It just made me feel...normal for a little while...”

“I liked spending the time with you, too....” he said looking at her sullenly.

“Please don’t be mad at me...I have to go out and save people, I dont get time to watch movies. Most of the ones I’ve seen I’ve seen with you...like when we went to see “Up!” ...when you cried. Or when we watched “Working Girl" ...when you cried. Or “Maid in Manhattan “ didn't you also cry at that one?”

“No...I had stuff in my eye those times..” he said awkwardly.

“Yeah I know, stuff called ‘tears'” she teased him mercilessly. “Ya big softy...” she smiled at him and after a sullen, moody look he slowly smiled back.

“I cant believe you cheated.” He shook his head in wonder.

“Sorry. I wont do it again..”

“You dont bloody need to , you got 54000 films in the bank!”

“54,374” she looked at him from beneath her brow.

“GRRRRRR!” He growled at her, but was smiling.

“Sooo ...am I forgiven?” she asked hesitantly

“I suppose so...” he said reluctantly. He reached forward and pinched his index and middle finger around one of her scrunched up stockings that was on the floor. “Must've missed that last night.. “ He threw it casually on to the heap of clothes on the chair in the corner.

“Wait...did you put me to bed last night?”

“Well, yeah..”

“I'm in my ‘ jammies!” she declared suddenly grasping the top of the neck of her pyjama top to preserve her modesty. “I got no bra on! Rob Thomas you sonofabitch!” she hit him hard on the shoulder. “You stripped me!”

“What ? No Heather did all that I just helped carry you up to bed is all...” he cowered lest she hit him again , bringing his arms up to defend himself. “Once I’d changed because someone was sick on me...”

“Oh...so Heather...? Oh. Ok. Sorry. Wait, was I sick on you? Oh God yeah I remember being sick on your shoes...I'm so sorry!”

“You were sick twice, second time all over my shirt....”

“Oh God! I’m sorry! It’s that DeValtan Port...it ferments internally within you, your body heat is releasing the alcohol so you get drunker the longer it’s in your system even if it’s just one glass...I’m so sorry honey"

“Dont you bloody “Honey" me!” he said grumpily.

“Guess you gonna shout at me now, huh?” she said sheepishly.

“Would it do any good? You never listen to me anyways...” he said again but this time he smiled with warmth.

“True.”

“Look, all you did is blow off some steam. You needed it. You just took a break. I just wish you’d be a bit more careful is all. I’d have gone out on the piss with you if you'd have said. Can I try some of that Port stuff?”

“Hell no, it would probably kill you! It’s like 90% proof. I shouldnt have touched it either!” she held her pounding head. “And I didn’t go out on the...what you said, I drank it before I went out.” She corrected him. “It was just....I dunno. Its like I said. Someone is trying to kill me, Rob. The Cornucopia, the tornadoes. I just needed to switch off I guess. Before I buckle up and go kick their ass ”

“That’s me girl" he smiled at her. “Look...I know you got a lot on your shoulders, but I am always here if you need me , but I just want you to tell me you’ll be more careful, yeah?”

“Sure.”

He let out a heavy sigh and looked away. “See , you said that a bit too quick. Look....a while ago now, I met a slightly socially awkward girl, struggling to fit in...” he looked at her meaningfully “ with beautiful eyes, and a lovely smile that shines like the sun..”

“Rob...” she said with a heavy heart as she tried to interrupt him but he held up a hand and went on.

“And she was gorgeous and a little shy and, well too young for me if I’m honest, but as soon as I saw her-"

“ROB...” she tried more forcefully but there was no stopping him

“- I just lost my heart to her as soon as I clapped eyes on her...”

“Rob, please dont do this...”

“But, she was always against a relationship and just wanted us to be pals,...” he looked down sadly at the hands in his lap before he reached for her knee once more and gripped it gently on the knee cap below the duvet.

“Rob, don't, please dont"

“Will you please shut up and let me finish?”

“I know how this story is gonna end, sweetheart and it’s not well, please don’t say anymore...”

“Eh? How can you know, you wasn’t there?”

“Look, we – wait, what?”

“I said ‘ow can you know when you wasn’t there?”

“I...well, I... I thought....you mean...?” she started blushing profusely,---- shrugging awkwardly as she shrank down behind her knees, bent up to her chin beneath the bedclothes as she sat with her back against the headboard.

“Huh? Oh bloody ‘ell its NOT YOU. It’s not all about bloody you, ya know! I did ‘ave a life before you rocked up and ruined this one with the bloody whoo-ha and whatsits!” he flapped an arm around the bedroom but indicative of his world in general. “World doesn’t bloody revolve around you , ya know!!!”

“I’m sorry , I just thought...look, never mind me ok, you just carry on with your story...”

“ I was talking about Leanne Jones from the village. Lovely girl...but allergic to dogs, so...” he shrugged. “With Harvey, ya know, it was a bit of a non-starter...”

She nodded attentively and then realised he had stopped. She gave him a moment but he looked completely blank

“No, it’s gone now, cant remember what the ‘ell I was going to say. “ He sighed. “Never mind.” He looked at her sadly. “You never listen to me anyway...” he smiled at her weakly.

She smiled back, slightly embarrassed once more at the truth in his words.

“There is a cure for hangovers, ya know. Real bad ones, like. Bit of an old wives tale but its supposed to work...some do swear by it...”

“Oh God please, tell me! My head hurts soooo bad! I'll try anything!”

“Anything , eh?” he steepled his fingers in a “Mr Burns" impression that was lost on her. She didn't have a lot of time to watch ‘The Simpsons ‘.

“Gimme , you rotten hold out, what is it?”

“Well, they say that if you kiss a fat handsome Welsh guy, it makes you feel better...” he looked at her askance, with an impish grin.

She froze, her mouth half open, slumping slightly in disappointment, straightening out her legs under the covers once more, then she pursed her lips. “They say that, do they? Who exactly?”

“Oh, lots of people...half the population who sit on beds, in fact...”

“Oh, that so?” she said but smiled at him in amusement. He leaned forward to present his forehead for the show of affection. She duly obliged.

He straightened up and looked at her tenderly “Feel better?”

She smiled back. Strangely, she did. “Kinda.”

“See, there's a lot of truth in them old wives tales...”

“Yeah. Right. “ she said flatly, with an amused smirk on her face.

He sighed and leaned towards her again, his palm supporting his weight on the bed before he shifted his hand to gently cup her kneecap once more.

“But look, I want you to promise me something.” He looked intently into her eyes. “With your powers or whatchyacall ‘em playing up I want you to promise me , ok and I’m serious now, alright?” She felt his grip on her knee tighten as he looked at her in earnest. “Promise me , if things are bad, you'll get to the grass, ok? Promise me , now a proper promise.”

“Ok, Rob...I promise...” she looked at him affectionately with a tight smile “Cross my heart" she did the gesture.

“Dont say that, its cross my heart an' hope to die an' I dont want you to die, that’s why you are promising to get to the grass!” he said plaintively, a desperate look on his face.

“Ok, ok, I just promise alright? Calm down, ok? Just a normal promise, ok?”

“Say it, swear to me now you will get to the grass if you have to...” he said despairingly.

“Ok , ok, I swear , if things go bad I’ll...”

“Get to the grass...”

“Yep, I'll ...get to the grass ok?” she raised her eyebrows seeking his acceptance as she squeezed his hand on her knee, and underneath her hand, he squeezed her knee back.

“Ok. That's good enough for me. How’s your head?”

“Like someone is using a jackhammer inside it...”

“Welcome to the human race. You’ve stolen a kid’s candy cauldron, got chased by the police and woken up with a hangover and vowed never to drink again. You have become a proper student...”

“Oh God, I’ll have to get that candy back to the little girl! I feel awful...”

“Ahh, well, now....you know, it’s done know, just let it go and forget about that now , I would...” he said hastily, not meeting her gaze and rubbing a hand awkwardly across the back of his neck. “Best let bygones, by bygones...”

“You’ve eaten the lot haven't you?”

“No! NO! ....Maybe a few.... Well, ok, a lot... Ok most...”

She smiled. “Get outta here, ya bum...” she smiled.

“Ok" he put his palms on his knees as he stood up slowly with his joints clicking. “I’m getting too old for this...”

“What, standing up?” she teased him with a smile.

He opened the door , put her tea on the bedside table and picked up the tray. “Remember , you’ve promised...you'll get to the grass"

“I will, I swear...” she watched him leave then shook her head, winced in pain and then called after him.

“Rob! ROB! Rob, wait! Come back , I cant promise I’ll get to the grass, as I don’t know what the hell you are talking about!”

He came back into the bedroom. “What? Oh...I thought you knewed everything?”

She winced at his bad grammar and a stab of pain in her head as she moved it too quickly as she shook it. “No Rob, I don't...’knewed' everything... I just know a lot of things. What grass are you talking about? What do you mean?”

“Oh . Ok. “ he put the tray down across the arms of a chair and sat on the bed once more. “ Its from the mines. If there was a pit head collapse or the mine flooded the cry would go up “GET TO THE GRASS, BOYS! Which meant you get to the surface like, get up top of the pit, quick as you can, get outside where it’s safe, like. Daylight, where the sun is shining. You get to the grass and you were gonna be ok. So you promise me, if the chips are down you won’t make some bloody Alamo last stand but you run away until you can recover and live to fight another day. You get to the grass, dont matter if you feel ashamed, you run and then come back stronger, alright? You promise me, you'll get to the grass “

She smiled at him, feeling good that he cared about her. “ So if I’ve got this right, ‘the grass' was where everyone would be safe and protected and get through the hardship and disaster they were facing, no matter how bad things were, right? The grass was were every body would be saved and nothing could hurt them, yeah?”

He smiled and nodded.

“Then I can't ever ‘get to the grass’ Rob" she said with a gentle smile at her friend.

“Well, why the hell not?” he said with irritation dropping back to sit heavily on the edge of the bed which made her shudder and hurt her head.

She leaned closer and gently stroked his chubby cheek with her thumb as she put her palm and fingers against his neck, as they looked at each other intently, his eyes full of incomprehension and hers wearing a look of bemusement.

She gave his cheek the slightest of squeezes as her thumb went back and forth against his warm skin, the barest of touches. She looked at him with love as he stared back with sadness.

“If the grass is where people are protected and safe, then I can't ever get to the grass , Rob.

Because, honey, I AM the grass...”

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Very sweet scene, Tallyho, of two characters who genuinely love each other. Thanks for sharing it.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025