Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (Marvel, 2023)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Haven't seen this discussed yet. The third in the series of Ant-Man films and the first movie to begin Phase 5 of the MCU,
Quantumania furthers a trend that overwhelmed the CW by the end of the Arrow series, cemented itself in Black Lightning, and is still evident on The Flash, namely: on a show named after a male superhero, the number of heroines in lead roles outnumbers the hero by a significant amount.

You could call it the "Flash Effect", where it's most obvious for DC, or you call it the "M-She-U" like Nerdrotic does.
This can be good news or bad news for superheroine fans, depending on whether the superheroine characters are interesting and likeable.

In any case, these are the three lead roles in Quantumania: Ant Man (Scott Lang), The Wasp (Hope Van Dyne), and Stature (Cassie Lang).
Bringing in Michelle Pfeiffer again for a star turn as Janet Van Dyne (original Wasp) evens out against Michael Douglas, who is really getting up there in age. The actress playing Cassie Lang is Kathryn Newton, who is 25 and assumes the role from different actresses in Endgame and the first Ant-Man film.
The role of the villain Kang the Conqueror will be played by Jonathan Majors, who was "He Who Remains" in the Loki TV show.

Here's a poster, which shows the three main heroes and Kang in the back.
ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-poster.jpeg
ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-poster.jpeg (328.03 KiB) Viewed 745 times
What do you think of Cassie's costume?

And (attention Maskripper, even though these are helmets and not just masks) what does everyone think of watching THREE superheroes in action
whose facial expressions you can't see during much of the action because their faces are completed covered by helmets? (neither The Wasp nor Stature usually wore a helmet in the comics)

Here's the trailer (another classic rock radio chestnut added to a Marvel soundtrack).

This could be an entertaining, colorful watch thanks to their trip to the Quantum Realm. Too bad they couldn't have included the Micronauts,
who already inhabit that realm in the Marvel comic. A battle against Baron Karza would have been sweet.

Comes out Feb 17!

Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hmh, so we have two "masked" heroines, even yes.... their helmets aren't for hiding their identities.
Also, Michelle Catwoman Pfeiffer is back in it.

I guess that will be a fun adventure like the last one, not in terms of masked women but with heroines in action.
A shame that Evangeline Lily butchered her hair(cut). Looks horrible.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
This could be an entertaining, colorful watch thanks to their trip to the Quantum Realm. Too bad they couldn't have included the Micronauts,
who already inhabit that realm in the Marvel comic. A battle against Baron Karza would have been sweet.

Comes out Feb 17!

I mentioned that on FB! Micronauts on the big screen? In the day of big CGI effects, this is a property begging for this! And Baron Karza on the big screen?

But then again, we would probably get some lame version of Marionette with a horrid costume!

My 2 cents.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

To be honest, I'm not crazy about this.

I like the parts before the plot kicks in.

I'm not sold on the new Cassie, though I like her getting her own suit and superhero identity.

It seems wrong to have Kang the Conqueror appear before Doctor Doom.

Mainly, I just want a fun romp, and instead it looks like they're going serious.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

they went too fun in Thor love and thunder (though I suspect the directors cut was a bit different to the final edit) so maybe they are trying to correct a bit here and there is a chance they over correct
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

This looks like an interesting film. I will certainly go see it.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025