The Originals

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Of the DC female Trinity, does anyone disagree, the originals are the best.

Wonder Woman Lynda Carter

Batgirl Yvonne Craig

CatWoman Julie Newmar

They are the ones that I want to have my wicked way with.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Sweet!!!
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

I mean... supergirl Helen Slater isn't in your DC trinity?

Catwoman in general as a character doesn't do it for me so I would swap her out for Supergirl.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shzam wrote:
1 year ago
I mean... supergirl Helen Slater isn't in your DC trinity?

Catwoman in general as a character doesn't do it for me so I would swap her out for Supergirl.
I never saw the sex appeal of Helen Slater's SuperGirl, so since Newmar is a lot more sexy and I may need a villanesses' help if I have both Wonder Woman and Batgirl, I'll take Catwoman
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

i AM GOING to have to agree with your assessment. the originals are always the best IMHO.
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

I would not object to seeing any of these ladies in those parts.
however Eartha Kitt could really purr like a cat. I thought her voice gave her a slight edge. As a child growing up in the 40's i always pictured Jane Russell as WW. Someone posted a commercial a few months back with Serena Williams as WW. She certainly would be perfect in the role, much better than Godot
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think this is a highly subjective consideration and that the popularity of 'the originals' in this context and on this website in particular is particularly vulnerable to nostalgia.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

GWalb wrote:
1 year ago
I would not object to seeing any of these ladies in those parts.
however Eartha Kitt could really purr like a cat. I thought her voice gave her a slight edge. As a child growing up in the 40's i always pictured Jane Russell as WW. Someone posted a commercial a few months back with Serena Williams as WW. She certainly would be perfect in the role, much better than Godot
The purr was great, but I could not see her in a romantic relationship with Batman and I can't see her beating BatGirl is a fight.

Regarding Gadot I thought she did a good job, but I stated this several years ago. Body type is important which is why Christina Carter is the closest person in the erotica genre to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Lynda Carter wasn't the original Wonder Woman. Cathy Lee Crosby had appeared in a TV Movie one year before the Carter version.

And the less said about the Eleanor Wood promo, the better.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Heroine Addict wrote:
1 year ago
Lynda Carter wasn't the original Wonder Woman. Cathy Lee Crosby had appeared in a TV Movie one year before the Carter version.

And the less said about the Eleanor Wood promo, the better.
The less said about a fully body suited blond Wonder Woman with Ricardo Montalban as the villain the better
MercianComics
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

A lot of these preferences are down to the level of exposure at the right time. I realised that many of the series/characters I like stem from exposure to them in the late 1970s. It's worth considering where these strongly held convictions come from and why before passing judgment. Therefore, I'm not saying the following are the best but these are the ones I feel closest to.

Wonder Woman - Lynda Carter (of course!)

Bionic Woman - Lindsay Wagner (there's hardly any competition, but I doubt I'd change my mind anyway).

Supergirl - Helen Slater (I liked Melissa too).

Now here is where it gets interesting for me, I remember watching the Batman series repeats as a kid, but it never imprinted in my memory in the way Wonder Woman did.

Catwoman - Michelle Pfeiffer (my mind is blown (probably not the only thing)).

Batgirl - Alicia Silverstone (Yay! I saw her in some movie beforehand. I just thought she was sweet and hot).
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MercianComics wrote:
1 year ago
A lot of these preferences are down to the level of exposure at the right time. I realised that many of the series/characters I like stem from exposure to them in the late 1970s. It's worth considering where these strongly held convictions come from and why before passing judgment. Therefore, I'm not saying the following are the best but these are the ones I feel closest to.

Wonder Woman - Lynda Carter (of course!)

Bionic Woman - Lindsay Wagner (there's hardly any competition, but I doubt I'd change my mind anyway).

Supergirl - Helen Slater (I liked Melissa too).

Now here is where it gets interesting for me, I remember watching the Batman series repeats as a kid, but it never imprinted in my memory in the way Wonder Woman did.

Catwoman - Michelle Pfeiffer (my mind is blown (probably not the only thing)).

Batgirl - Alicia Silverstone (Yay! I saw her in some movie beforehand. I just thought she was sweet and hot).
In the case of Silverstone they changed the story making her Alfred's niece instead of Jim Gordon's daughter. Forgetting the campiness of the 60s show I just see Craig high kicks and my imagination and other parts get excited
MercianComics
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago

In the case of Silverstone they changed the story making her Alfred's niece instead of Jim Gordon's daughter. Forgetting the campiness of the 60s show I just see Craig high kicks and my imagination and other parts get excited
Yes, I'm aware of that. In actual fact, I believe Batgirl in the TV series is the origin of the character rather than the comic book.
Damselbinder

MercianComics wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago

Yes, I'm aware of that. In actual fact, I believe Batgirl in the TV series is the origin of the character rather than the comic book.
Nope.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Lynda Carter will always be the quintessential Wonder Woman to me, same with Yvonne Craig as Batgirl. I suspect part of the reason old bastards like myself have those particularly indelible memories and images in our minds was in the 60's and 70's, superheroines were in short supply on TV, Lynda and Yvonne were practically the only game in town, so they stood out more, our memories of superheroines are more connected to those gals. Today, superheroines are not the novelty they were back then, it is a more crowded field with talented performers doing great work in superheroine films and movies, and I imagine it is harder to perhaps stand out like heroines of the past generations. I absolutely adored Gal Gadot in the Wonder Woman films, but Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to me.
MercianComics
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago

Nope.
There was another Batgirl in the comics before the TV version, but Barbara Gordon's Batgirl was created for the TV series in collaboration with DC.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MercianComics wrote:
1 year ago
Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago

Nope.
There was another Batgirl in the comics before the TV version, but Barbara Gordon's Batgirl was created for the TV series in collaboration with DC.
Katy (Batwman) and Betty Kane ( who later became Firebird) were created to counter the allegation in Seduction of the Innocent that Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson had a gay relationship