Working with a new villain

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I'm trying to write a story with a friend's villainess, wanted to surprise them with it, but having trouble thinking of unique ways to use their power to take down a flying brick heroine. They have the power to shrink or enlarge any inanimate object they touch by ten times it's normal size. I had a few ideas, shrinking/enlarging part of their costume to mess with their mobility, toy robots blown up to intimidating sizes, glue and slime traps enlarged to envelope the hero etc. but curious to see if anyone had ideas for items to alter to get the jump on a heroine.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

something like enlarge dust or water droplets the hero flies through and inhales to sort of choke them out ?

oh, hang on you said they need to touch it, maybe you can fudge that a bit

they can shrink and enlrage, so they can take something, shrink it by 10 then bring it back to normal then up by 10?
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

lionbadger wrote:
1 year ago

they can shrink and enlrage, so they can take something, shrink it by 10 then bring it back to normal then up by 10?
Yep, that would be possible for them.
Baralton
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Hmm...you can have them enlarge a sticky rat trap before she lands, or if you want to develope a death trap, the villain can trap the heroine inside a hamster ball and shrink down it down.

Of course, I am asking without considering if the flying brick heroine has weakness like Supergirl.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Baralton wrote:
1 year ago

Of course, I am asking without considering if the flying brick heroine has weakness like Supergirl.
No Kryptonite, her durability make her near indestructible, but her strength, flight and energy powers can be weakened by distracting her, usually by pleasure or getting her incredibly mad. High voltage attacks will stun her and prolonged exposure to stuff like chloroform would at least make her woozy, but she doesn't go down easy.
Damselbinder

How about a gas canister filled with knockout gas (which you seem to imply would affect her?) which, when the canister (but not its contents) are shrunk down, would have huge gas pressure, so if it were pierced perhaps it could suddenly spray the heroine with a powerful, high pressure stream of gas from very far away?
Baralton
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

ThatOnePervert wrote:
1 year ago
Baralton wrote:
1 year ago

No Kryptonite, her durability make her near indestructible, but her strength, flight and energy powers can be weakened by distracting her, usually by pleasure or getting her incredibly mad. High voltage attacks will stun her and prolonged exposure to stuff like chloroform would at least make her woozy, but she doesn't go down easy.
Hmm, it seems like the villain needs resort to some trickery. Is there a time limit on how long an item can be shrunk or enlarged, or is it limited to touch alone?
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
How about a gas canister filled with knockout gas (which you seem to imply would affect her?) which, when the canister (but not its contents) are shrunk down, would have huge gas pressure, so if it were pierced perhaps it could suddenly spray the heroine with a powerful, high pressure stream of gas from very far away?
Gas would work, would just take a lot of it. Like if you loaded her up with enough drugs to drop a bull elephant you can knock her out. A high pressure blast to her lungs would leave her disorientated for a while at the very least.
Baralton
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
Imagine if she stepped on a bunch of them by mistake.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Baralton wrote:
1 year ago
ThatOnePervert wrote:
1 year ago
Baralton wrote:
1 year ago

Hmm, it seems like the villain needs resort to some trickery. Is there a time limit on how long an item can be shrunk or enlarged, or is it limited to touch alone?
No time limit that I know of.