2023 Comicon Season: Heroineburgh

Cosplay Discussion, Releases, Pics & Clips
shevek
Producer
Producer

How is everyone doing - ready to kick off the Comicon season for 2023?

Our first entry is Happy Valley Comicon in State College, PA on Sat Feb 25 and Sun Feb 26.
That's the home of the famous Penn State Nittany Lions (and, 600 years from now, the kingdom of "Pennsa" in the TV series "See".)

If you're near Central PA, come to the Con, and check out the expansive Comicsburgh booth, featuring all the products from Heroineburgh,
The Edge, and Beowulf. Meet Arctica, the queen of the frost, and get a signed comic and photo from her.

Also, one hour before the Con closes on the Saturday, we'll be showing our new full-length Episode 21 on the big screen, totally free!
It all happens at the Nittany Valley Sports Centre - see you there! https://happyvalleycomiccon.com/
Arctica at Happy Valley.jpg
Arctica at Happy Valley.jpg (125.89 KiB) Viewed 10551 times
Last edited by shevek 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Day 1 of Happy Valley Comicon (State College, PA) was done. We sold a *lot* of books, along with our three compatriots (The Edge, Beowulf, Theme of Thieves). Many customers just went for the "sweep" and bought the entire run of three or four titles, so it was very beneficial.
Bridget was incredibly helpful at the table, signing photos and taking selfies with fans, and walked around the Con as usual, spreading the word (everyone usually guesses at first that she's Emma Frost, but I've actually *never* seen a single Emma Frost cosplay at any convention we've attended).

We also had the opportunity to show Episode 21 in its entirely on the big screen as the first day was winding down. Many Con attendees stopped to check it out. MC Arctica gave a fantastic introduction, flanked by her bodyguards Marvin (The Edge) and DP (Theme of Thieves). We had a joke that they looked a bit like Soldiers of the First World (from the Public Enemy days).
IMG_5746.JPG
IMG_5746.JPG (7.04 MiB) Viewed 10484 times
IMG_5748.JPG
IMG_5748.JPG (7.37 MiB) Viewed 10484 times
IMG_5751.JPG
IMG_5751.JPG (4.78 MiB) Viewed 10484 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Out there, doin' thangs.

Day 2 of Happy Valley Con has closed out. Things were a bit slower, as they tend to be on Sundays, but at the end of the two days, we totaled
sales of 39 comics: 37 to customers, and 2 copies of #3 to a store in Altoona which already sold #1 and #2. Also, a handful of stickers sold.
My compatriots at our combined Comicsburgh table did about as well: 40 for The Edge, and about 50 for Beowulf.
That's exactly why we stick together and share a space: we support each other's productions.

I'm beginning to notice a phenomenon. Although we do reach plenty of other demographics in smaller numbers (especially females 30-40), obviously our biggest market is males 40-60 who remember the comic book art styles of the 70s, 80s, and 90s. When we sell to men who appreciate those styles, we do very well. However, there is also a certain group of these men who just like Hi-T action (especially the 90s dudes) and don't really respond to a comic book which features entirely female superheroines and supervillainesses. That's just how it is - I'm sure FemForce has much of the same problem. Nonetheless, sometimes we're still able to bring them around by emphasizing that our cover artist works for DC Comics, and has colored for you-know-whos. There are many ways to skin a cat.

Bridget spent the second day of the Con as she did in Baltimore in the fall: dressed as "Quanta, Queen of Quantum Physics," the leveled-up version of Arctica who will debut in Episode 22 later this spring. It's a basic costume design which looks impressive in execution, and she pulls it off incredibly.
I hope when EP22 is released we experience a bit of "Quanta-mania" :)

I listened for a bit to a panel talk with Gigi Edgley, the actress who played the main role of the silver-haired bombshell Chiana (who looked similar to Pris from Bladerunner) for all four seasons of Farscape. Now in her mid-40s, she is still gorgeous with long blonde hair, and was a joy to see onstage.

All in all, we had a great time at Penn State - a smaller Con which keeps its eye on creators and fun, and keeps its prices low. We'll almost surely be back!

Closeup of some of the Heroineburgh stickers on the table.
happy valley con 2023 3.jpg
happy valley con 2023 3.jpg (447.25 KiB) Viewed 10430 times
Bridget as Quanta, Queen of Quantum Physics, attracting attendees to our table to check out the books.
quanta at Happy Valley 2023 1.jpg
quanta at Happy Valley 2023 1.jpg (85.48 KiB) Viewed 10430 times
quanta at Happy Valley 2023 2.jpg
quanta at Happy Valley 2023 2.jpg (123.29 KiB) Viewed 10430 times
Marvin (The Edge) tries to get into the room to interrupt Quanta's photo session, but she improbably blocks his way with a window.
IMG_5752.JPG
IMG_5752.JPG (6.46 MiB) Viewed 10430 times
In a few days, I'll post a promo clip she did as Quanta.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Today, we joined the Comicsburgh crew at a booth in a mini-Con called "Yinzercon", located at Steel City Galleries in Belle Vernon, PA one hour south of Pittsburgh. It's quite a large pop-culture emporium warehouse, which was celebrating its grand opening. You can see the tour of their merchandise in the video below.

For those unaware, "yinz" is the Southwestern PA version of "y'all" for the second-person plural pronoun. People who use that term are called "yinzers". And there was a bevy of regional yinzer celebrities on hand, from sports stars and broadcasters to local wrestlers, regional-themed cosplayers (Pittsburgh Iron Man and Thor) and horror show hosts.

We had a great time, and happy to announce that Steel City Galleries now carries all of the Comicsburgh titles, including Heroineburgh Comics #1-#3.

Next up for us will be our journey to the southern tip of West Virginia (near Kentucky) for a return trip to CauseACon, which was a big success for us last year. I'll also post the Quanta promo clip from Happy Valley Con to Youtube within the week.

Angi from the Beowulf comic with our Comicsburgh table.
steel city galleries setup 1.jpg
steel city galleries setup 1.jpg (394.91 KiB) Viewed 10268 times
A closeup on the Heroineburgh display, We were able to play our videos and trailers all day, and here you can see a still from our Season 1 character montage (Courtney, the first actress to play the Hellfyra role).
steel city galleries setup 2.jpg
steel city galleries setup 2.jpg (431.66 KiB) Viewed 10268 times
Pittsburgh Pirates baseball cosplayer in a League of Their Own bombshell costume. She was very nice!
steel city galleries 3.jpg
steel city galleries 3.jpg (610.41 KiB) Viewed 10268 times
Video tour of the Steel City Galleries warehouse, open to the public.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Frankenberry cereal. He probably has Quisp.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Don't know if many people on this Forum are located anywhere near southern West Virginia or western Kentucky.
But if you are, come join us at CauseaCon this weekend (Apr 28-30) in Beckley, WV, not too far away from the Big Sandy River.
http://www.causeacon.com/

The Con has that name because it raises money for a cause: the local Women's Shelter.
It was fantastically well-attended last year, and we had a great time, so we're returning again with our latest comic book issue,
and the other members of Comicsburgh (The Edge and Beowulf).

Also, on Sat (Apr 29) at 1 pm, we'll be doing a Comicsburgh showcase panel, and premiering Heroineburgh Episode 21 for free,
for the good citizens of Beckley in the Panel Room. Last year, multiple new fans bought Season 1 on thumb drives!

The first of many exciting Cons we'll be attending this summer!
causeacon.jpg
causeacon.jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 10136 times
Updated: here's our setup with the Heroineburgh spread and The Edge #1 for sale on the left.
Lots of people were intently watching our videos play on the laptop today (also on the left).
Our table is nicely guarded by Power Girl, Painkiller Jane, She-Hulk and Thundra.

Tomorrow, as announced, we're showing EP21 at 1 pm.
Grant from Beowulf is set up across the way and is doing well.
I also met a guy who is originally from Florida and knows Bill Black of Fem Force quite well. He bought all our books.
Two more days left in Beckley!
340415626_192775996942655_3410283762980300089_n.jpg
340415626_192775996942655_3410283762980300089_n.jpg (546.12 KiB) Viewed 10064 times
Updated again: Some nice cosplay today in Beckley as we showed our latest episode at the panel.
Here is a very lovely Gamora! She is a Heroineburgh fan, too (owns the first two issues of the comic).
340474908_1473196933485709_1154931284511357735_n.jpg
340474908_1473196933485709_1154931284511357735_n.jpg (601.14 KiB) Viewed 10055 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Our next event is coming this Saturday May 6: Free Comic Book Day at our loyal supporters New Dimension Comics - Waterfront Mall in Homestead, PA.
(Yes, that famous Homestead of the Pittsburgh steel industry and the Battle of Homestead with the Pinkertons vs the strikers, etc.)

Heroineburgh will be there from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm, and we'll be joining our Comicsburgh compatriots
The Edge (Marvin), Beowulf (Grant) and Theme of Thieves (D.P.) who will all have their issues available as well.
We've got free stickers to go with the comics, and merchandise including posters, character photos, and T-shirts,
and of course the videos (available on thumb drives).
e709ea62e18ba7e459f2db261cd3bee43a9d6ab4b057300fa74a2911e148eab0-rimg-w695-h305-gmir.jpg
e709ea62e18ba7e459f2db261cd3bee43a9d6ab4b057300fa74a2911e148eab0-rimg-w695-h305-gmir.jpg (82.77 KiB) Viewed 10032 times
And guess which Heroineburgh character will be with us, signing her publicity photos and her cover appearance in Heroineburgh Comics issue 3.
That's right, the voluptuous villainess Chlorina (actress Jess Z) in her tight and shiny light-blue costume...so gorgeous!
Get your photo taken with Chlorina, but beware her 'toxic gasculinity'!
chlorina at steel city con.jpg
chlorina at steel city con.jpg (418.09 KiB) Viewed 10032 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Free Comic Book Day has concluded. Store had a line waiting at 11 am when they opened.
We got there at 12:30 pm (I had a job in the morning) and stayed till 4.
Turned a lot of people to our locally published comics, and quite a few Heroineburgh stickers to the young'uns.

Chlorina (Jess Z) was absolutely in top "Walmart Greeter" mode, welcoming every single customer into the store with "Welcome to Free Comic Book Day". She is amazing and energetic - such a cutie, great acting, and looks fantastic in the spandex. Definitely a big asset to our productions!

I think the best moment of the day was when a young customer approached Chlorina, and after being shown the comic book cover and the sticker (the youngster identified Chlorina correctly, and won a free sticker), she put her hand in Chlorina's and said "Can you do it?"
Chlorina asked, "What do you mean? "
Then the youngster said, "Can you show me your power?"
Playing along, Jess said, "Of course I can," squeezing her hand with the glove. "Do you feel my power?"
The youngster then said, "Yes! Yes I do!" and looked very happy.
I'd never seen anything like it before - it was a cool moment.

Our interior artist Ben Barnett with girlfriend Alison. The Comicsburgh crew is chilling in the background.
ben and allison at new dimension fcbd.jpg
ben and allison at new dimension fcbd.jpg (528.91 KiB) Viewed 9983 times
Comicsburgh crew, left to right: DP (Theme of Thieves), Grant (Beowulf), Marvin (The Edge), and Jess Z (Chlorina of Heroineburgh).
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (4.31 MiB) Viewed 9983 times
Chlorina fighting a henchman (actually, her boyfriend Josh).
chlorina at new dimension fcbd 2.jpg
chlorina at new dimension fcbd 2.jpg (453.8 KiB) Viewed 9983 times
Another Chlorina closeup. (Taken with the phone, so it's backwards)
So cute in that wig and mask, and those lovely red lips!
chlorina at new dimension fcbd.jpg
chlorina at new dimension fcbd.jpg (83.89 KiB) Viewed 9983 times
I hope everyone had a great Free Comic Book Day at whichever local comic shop you chose to patronize!
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

🔥🔥 Wish I could been there if it wasn’t for attending a relative birthday party. But I made a quick stop at Phantom of the Attic before going to the party. Oh well, I’m gonna see y’all in 3 Rivers Con next month.
shevek wrote:
10 months ago
Free Comic Book Day has concluded. Store had a line waiting at 11 am when they opened.
We got there at 12:30 pm (I had a job in the morning) and stayed till 4.
Turned a lot of people to our locally published comics, and quite a few Heroineburgh stickers to the young'uns.

Chlorina (Jess Z) was absolutely in top "Walmart Greeter" mode, welcoming every single customer into the store with "Welcome to Free Comic Book Day". She is amazing and energetic - such a cutie, great acting, and looks fantastic in the spandex. Definitely a big asset to our productions!

I think the best moment of the day was when a young customer approached Chlorina, and after being shown the comic book cover and the sticker (the youngster identified Chlorina correctly, and won a free sticker), she put her hand in Chlorina's and said "Can you do it?"
Chlorina asked, "What do you mean? "
Then the youngster said, "Can you show me your power?"
Playing along, Jess said, "Of course I can," squeezing her hand with the glove. "Do you feel my power?"
The youngster then said, "Yes! Yes I do!" and looked very happy.
I'd never seen anything like it before - it was a cool moment.

Our interior artist Ben Barnett with girlfriend Alison. The Comicsburgh crew is chilling in the background.

ben and allison at new dimension fcbd.jpg

Comicsburgh crew, left to right: DP (Theme of Thieves), Grant (Beowulf), Marvin (The Edge), and Jess Z (Chlorina of Heroineburgh).

image0.jpeg

Chlorina fighting a henchman (actually, her boyfriend Josh).

chlorina at new dimension fcbd 2.jpg

Another Chlorina closeup. (Taken with the phone, so it's backwards)
So cute in that wig and mask, and those lovely red lips!

chlorina at new dimension fcbd.jpg

I hope everyone had a great Free Comic Book Day at whichever local comic shop you chose to patronize!
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineaddicted wrote:
10 months ago
🔥🔥 Wish I could been there if it wasn’t for attending a relative birthday party. But I made a quick stop at Phantom of the Attic before going to the party. Oh well, I’m gonna see y’all in 3 Rivers Con next month.
Phantom and Geekadrome are cool, too. All great supporters of ours. The crowd was probably biggest at New Dimension though.
We'll see you at 3 Rivers Con, fellow Pittsburgher, but here's some of what you missed:

Robert Haack (comic artist) was there for a couple hours.
There was also a voice actress, Sandy Fox, who worked on Pokemon and Miraculous Ladybug.

Jess Z is a model as well as an actress and lead singer in a band. She knows how to work it.
Here are photos of her as Chlorina back in the comic stacks and the gaming area,
and a video we took in the hallway in front of the signed Stan Lee poster.
I directed her to speak the lines seductively and to display her spandex costume suggestively. She did exactly that!
IMG_5650.JPG
IMG_5650.JPG (6.14 MiB) Viewed 9944 times
IMG_5651.JPG
IMG_5651.JPG (6.92 MiB) Viewed 9944 times
IMG_5656.JPG
IMG_5656.JPG (6.37 MiB) Viewed 9944 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Are "yinz" ready for Three Rivers Comicon? We are!
3 rivers comic combined graphic.jpg
3 rivers comic combined graphic.jpg (577.62 KiB) Viewed 9835 times
Comicsburgh Row is in effect at booths E2, E3 and E4.
Visit Heroineburgh, The Edge, Beowulf and Theme of Thieves.
With *very special guest* DC comics freelancer extraordinaire Jason Wright! He never comes to Cons so this is it, folks.
(Batgirl, Young Justice, Green Lantern, Detective Comics, Secret Six, Sinestro, and many more!
Plus Shane Davis' Starlight Cats and Inglorious Rex, a new book called Ethos, and of course Heroineburgh.)

Comicsburgh panel is tomorrow morning (Sat June 3) at 11 am. Meet all of our comic book creators and also hear from actress Casey (Devana).

Saturday heroine and villainess lineup:
Casey (Devana the Slavic Huntress. see photo below.)
Erika (the diabolical Dark Spectra)
Kristin (the Arabic superwoman Jinniyya)
devana swears vengeance against fox and hound.jpg
devana swears vengeance against fox and hound.jpg (105.56 KiB) Viewed 9835 times
Sunday heroine and villainess lineup:
Gabriel (the clown princess of fear Pagliaccia)
Sammie (our brand new Celtic banshee warrior Fianna. see photo below.)
IMG_5674.JPG
IMG_5674.JPG (4.98 MiB) Viewed 9835 times
Heroines Assemble downtown at the Convention Center! Reports to come in the next post.
shevek
Producer
Producer

3 Rivers Comicon first day report!
There's enough here for two posts, there was so much action.

Sales were a bit down (I sold 22 comics on the first day) because attendance was down compared to last year.
Baseball game, arts festival, pride march all downtown, and a beer festival elsewhere.

But everyone made up for it with very enthusiastic participation by those who did attend.

We started off the day with a panel called "Script to Store". Four of our affiliated Comicsburgh creators talked about every aspect of making a comic
book to an audience of about 20 people. The attendees asked some great questions. We covered everything from writing about individual panels in a comic book script, to choosing the creative team, to where to print the book, to crowdfunding platforms and distributors.

In the last 10 minutes of the panel, I discussed a bit about making the TV series, and showed the audience the final 9 minutes of the Episode 21 finale. They also got to meet Casey (who plays Devana) and ask her a few questions.
IMG_5686.JPG
IMG_5686.JPG (4.17 MiB) Viewed 9783 times
Casey arrived first and got into her Devana costume, and right after the panel we began selling some books.
Anyone who bought the run of all 3 (#1, #2, #3) got a free signed photo from Devana! (not this one. this was taken at the Con)
IMG_5688.JPG
IMG_5688.JPG (7.15 MiB) Viewed 9783 times
Then shortly after that, Erika arrived and changed into her Dark Spectra costume. She had forgotten her rainbow eyeliner but it was hardly noticeable. Took some photos with the two of them at our booths.
IMG_5692.JPG
IMG_5692.JPG (6.69 MiB) Viewed 9783 times
She looked super cute, and as you can see from the photo below, she is SIX FOOT FOUR in those boots!
IMG_5705.JPG
IMG_5705.JPG (5.22 MiB) Viewed 9783 times
Finally, Kristin came (her boyfriend is another comic book creator who has done pinups for us, and he had his own booth down the hall) and
and donned her stunning tight outfit to become Jinniyya.

We did some photos and promo clips together, and sold some more books, as Jinniyya and Dark Spectra signed a few copies of their photos as well.
IMG_5697.JPG
IMG_5697.JPG (6.02 MiB) Viewed 9783 times
The "arrest photos" we took of Dark Spectra will appear in an episode probably a year and a half from now, hint hint. Here's one.
IMG_5711.JPG
IMG_5711.JPG (4.45 MiB) Viewed 9783 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

But that's not all. Erika suggested the bright idea of using the elevator (which takes cosplayers up to the roof if they want to do cool shoots with Downtown as a backdrop) as a way to showcase a character's super-strength.

Since Jinniyya is the one who is super-strong, Kristin volunteered to do some shots with her straining to open the heavy elevator doors.
I also took a clip of that which I'll post in a couple days. Powerful muscles and fantastic abs!
IMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5720.JPG (5.13 MiB) Viewed 9781 times
We also took a close-up shot of Jinniyya at the "banned books" display.
Since she portrays an Arabic character, it definitely made sense for her to be perusing "The Librarian of Basra."
Kristin looked stunning in these shots, as well.
IMG_5713.JPG
IMG_5713.JPG (5.81 MiB) Viewed 9781 times
Back at the table, Devana had taken her leave, so we did a couple of shots with Jinniyya and Dark Spectra.
IMG_5715.JPG
IMG_5715.JPG (5.39 MiB) Viewed 9781 times
After the heroines changed back into civilian mode about 5 pm, we still had 2 hours left to the convention, so I sold a handful more books
and went around getting some autographs on comics.

Here's a shot with signatures from
-Craig Boldman (of Archie Comics) and Howard Bender on Mr Fixit
-Don Simpson on Savage Dragon Meets Savage Megaton Man
-Howard Bender on Young All-Stars. (I fully intend to bring this comic to Charlotte to also get Roy Thomas' autograph as well!)
IMG_5724.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG (6.79 MiB) Viewed 9781 times
Oh, and I can't finish the report without mentioning that I met Heroineaddicted from the Forum!
He was in a spandex Venom costume, which I imagine he printed himself, as per his thread on the topic.
It was super great to meet you, sir!

So that was it for Day One. Here's our Day One Heroineburgh clip.

Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

shevek wrote:
9 months ago
Oh, and I can't finish the report without mentioning that I met Heroineaddicted from the Forum!
He was in a spandex Venom costume, which I imagine he printed himself, as per his thread on the topic.
It was super great to meet you, sir!

So that was it for Day One. Here's our Day One Heroineburgh clip.

We meet at last! II'm one of your customers, too. It was good meeting you & the superheroines. 😁 As for my Venom suit, I only design it, it was printed & sewn by Printcostume.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Yes, Heroineaddicted, thank you for being a customer. And however you got the Venom suit printed, it was cool.

Here's the 2nd and final day of 3 Rivers Comicon.
Sintilla (Alicia) was not able to attend due to her new puppy being sick, but we had the pleasure of both
our brand-new Fianna (Sammie) and Pagliaccia (Gabriel).

Fianna and Pagliaccia ready to battle each other! But they both got together to sign a bunch of 8x10s for those who bought comics.
IMG_5725.JPG
IMG_5725.JPG (6.12 MiB) Viewed 9719 times
Fianna and Pagliaccia in power poses. Check out the gorgeous muscles on our new Celtic warrior!
Also, Pagliaccia has a new shiny pair of gloves that go all the way up her arms.
IMG_5729.JPG
IMG_5729.JPG (5.92 MiB) Viewed 9719 times
Solo power pose from Fianna. Our new actress made a stunning debut. Many photos were taken by attendees.
I always ask them to hashtag Heroineburgh if they post - hopefully, they will.
IMG_5731.JPG
IMG_5731.JPG (6.03 MiB) Viewed 9719 times
We had a rare Comicon appearance by our cover artist, Jason Wright. He's on the right.
Check him out on Comicvine - he has over 700 credits with DC Comics, and is currently coloring the second volume of the Inglorious Rex Indiegogo
campaign from Shane Davis. Anyone who was there this afternoon and bought a comic got it signed by Jason!
IMG_5736.JPG
IMG_5736.JPG (7.51 MiB) Viewed 9719 times
Tried something a little bit different (Gabriel joked, "This one's for our Onlyfans!").
Pagliaccia has been a naughty princess of fear, and is being constrained by Fianna in cuffs for a speedy arrest.
The Celtic warrior looks pretty happy about it! Pagliaccia, not so much.
IMG_5737.JPG
IMG_5737.JPG (6.15 MiB) Viewed 9719 times
One final shot of Fianna helping a customer select a comic. Her hair looks fantastic, even from the back.
350364235_241734078497814_991741535705561614_n.jpg
350364235_241734078497814_991741535705561614_n.jpg (428.81 KiB) Viewed 9719 times
Overall, it was a fun day. Always a good time at 3 Rivers Comicon...and now on to Sci-Fi Valley Con next weekend with Arctica, queen of the frost!!

We'll leave you with our Day 2 clip.

shevek
Producer
Producer

If you're in on near South Central PA this weekend, there's a fantastic event going on: Sci-Fi Valley Con in Altoona! (June 9-11)

Heroineburgh will be there with the fabulous frosty superheroine Arctica, and we'll also have a full selection of Comicsburgh titles.

Don't miss our panel at 1 PM on Sat. See you there, true believers!
sci fi valley con with arctica.jpg
sci fi valley con with arctica.jpg (254.44 KiB) Viewed 9638 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Welcome to Day 1 of Sci-Fi Valley Con in Altoona, PA! We ventured out with Bridget, also known as Arctica, mistress of the frost.

It's a little different than both Steel City Con (which we don't do anymore, but it's laden with old-school celebrities charging huge money for autographs) and Three Rivers Con (which we are loyal to, because it features a wide variety of amazing creators).

Sci-Fi Valley is bigger than Three Rivers Con and this year it was better attended. It has also has a bevy of interesting creators. But the additional attraction is that it usually features (almost exclusively) voice actors from various anime productions. This year's emphasis seemed to be on Avatar the Last Airbender, and while that might not be our exact audience, the increased attendance bodes well overall for the interest in artist-oriented content: we sold a total of 13 books today.

The day started with setting up our booth. Due to a mishap, we were able to double the size of our booth, so one side was Heroineburgh comics and videos, and the other was all of the other Comicsburgh products (The Edge, Beowulf, and Theme of Thieves).

Here's Bridget, ready to begin the day of promotion as Arctica, as our booth is completely set up in its new expanded location!
IMG_5764.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG (8.48 MiB) Viewed 9593 times
Closeup of Arctica, representing Heroineburgh and Comicsburgh so well!
bridget at sci fi valley con 1.jpg
bridget at sci fi valley con 1.jpg (199.37 KiB) Viewed 9591 times
Closeup of our awesome comics.
heroineburgh at sci fi valley con 2.jpg
heroineburgh at sci fi valley con 2.jpg (597.82 KiB) Viewed 9591 times
You wanted cosplay, so here's some cosplay. It's a very cute Korra, and her friend who is playing Ang. They were a hit with the photo crowd.
IMG_5765.JPG
IMG_5765.JPG (8.48 MiB) Viewed 9593 times
We took some great photos with Arctica. She senses danger in the halls of the Comicon, and if there is evil, she is ready to defeat it!
IMG_5769.JPG
IMG_5769.JPG (7.54 MiB) Viewed 9593 times
IMG_5771.JPG
IMG_5771.JPG (7.48 MiB) Viewed 9593 times
Here's a video from the first day. I wanted to capture how gorgeous Bridget looks in her tight costume by giving her some space to walk the floor in it, and she did not disappoint. Viva la redheads!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Second day of Sci-Fi Valley Con in Altoona, PA.

The convention floor was pleasantly jammed (but not overly so) today due to all of the Avatar (Last Airbender) panels.
Organizers of this Con really made it a perfect balance between a ton of worthwhile creators and the anime celebrity voice actor craze.

You saw one Korra yesterday - today there were at least a dozen (even a slutty one).

One of our other actresses, Stacy (who plays Mesmera) was also there cosplaying as Korra - she is a really dedicated costumer.

We sold a lot of books: 34 altogether! (22 of Heroineburgh, and 12 of the other Comicsburgh titles).
Also had a couple of great neighbors who do comics: Dennis who does a book called "Lycan" which is about a werewolf character who lives in Mesopotamia 5000 years ago (kind of a Hyborian pre-Sumeria). And also Shane who does a number of limited edition superhero and sci-fi titles - each edition is only 50 copies, apparently.

Here's a photo I took with Bridget's phone camera in the same area we shot yesterday. She looks amazing from any angle, really.
bridget arctica at sci fi valley 2.jpg
bridget arctica at sci fi valley 2.jpg (135.77 KiB) Viewed 9508 times
Best Arctica photo of the day was posing with the famed Silver Sable cosplayer who always comes to Sci-Fi Valley every year.
She is 80 years old! This woman defines a lifetime of sexy, I can't even.
IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5774.JPG (7.85 MiB) Viewed 9508 times
Fun panel with the voice actors who played Pinky and The Brain: Rob Paulsen and Maurice Lamarche.
IMG_5772.JPG
IMG_5772.JPG (6.44 MiB) Viewed 9508 times
As far as other cosplay, here is a very cute Catra (the lesbian version from the recent She-Ra cartoon).
IMG_5775.JPG
IMG_5775.JPG (8.81 MiB) Viewed 9508 times
And a female Doctor Octopus who possibly deserved to win the cosplay contest (I don't know if she did).
doc ock.jpg
doc ock.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 9508 times
And finally, the ultimate mashup. Not, not the Iron Man on the left. It's CTHULUIGI! With his Neko-Nomicon.
Iron Man and Cthuluigi cropped.jpg
Iron Man and Cthuluigi cropped.jpg (345.73 KiB) Viewed 9499 times
One more day left to the Con. Bridget will be a different character tomorrow (her alternate 'Drainium' form). If you've been following our socials
and some of my other posts, you can probably guess what she is (this character will debut soon in Episode 22).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Third day of Sci-Fi Valley Con in Altoona.

Sold 9 more books and 2 seasons of episodes (we have thumb drives!).

Today, Bridget came dressed as the alternate "Drainium" version of Arctica: Quanta, the Queen of Quantum Physics, who has the ultimate power to alter the probability of events in her vicinity with a single snap of her fingers! We'll call her Thanos meets Mr. Mxyzptlk.

She might look cute in that tight costume, but she is also the most powerful (and highly unpredictable) being in the universe, at least for the several minutes that she exists before reverting back to Arctica. Catch her debut when Episode 22 comes out next month.
IMG_5780.JPG
IMG_5780.JPG (7.73 MiB) Viewed 9408 times
IMG_5781.JPG
IMG_5781.JPG (7.72 MiB) Viewed 9408 times
Bridget as Quanta back at the booth, selling the comics!
quanta at the booth.jpg
quanta at the booth.jpg (289.9 KiB) Viewed 9402 times
The publisher next to us (Shane) left a day early, so we used his table as an extra display area. It worked quite well - people were very curious
about the photos to find out if we are "cosplay" (we're not) and it brought quite a few more inquiries. The Con didn't mind because the table didn't look vacant.
3rd table at sci-fi valley.jpg
3rd table at sci-fi valley.jpg (81.06 KiB) Viewed 9402 times
Comicon action concluded today with a visit to our friend, the ubiquitous sketch artist Monster D.
IMG_5778.JPG
IMG_5778.JPG (7.3 MiB) Viewed 9408 times
And here's a fun double Star Wars cosplay of Jawa and Tusken Raider. You will never find a more wretched pair of scum and villainy.
IMG_5776.JPG
IMG_5776.JPG (7.62 MiB) Viewed 9408 times
Video from Quanta near the entrance to the Con. Did she make the entire Con disappear? We'll never know, because it's over.

On to HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Comicon season continues unabated with our weekend in Charlotte NC at Heroes Con.
For a Friday (which is usually the weakest Con day) it was pretty excellent.
We sold about 16 books to customers, and another 18 to three new stores in NC and GA.
From what I understand, the Saturday is kind of crazy packed with serious comics fans, so we may run out before Sunday!
If so, it'd be the first time we've ever had such a problem. Need to print these books even faster.

It was the live debut of Elizabeth as the superheroine Vigilanta. [She's already been in EP 20 and 21 as Vigilanta, and several previous episodes as Captain Peggy Moyers.) She did an amazing job with us, signing a half dozen photos, taking a bunch of fan shots, and helping us market the comics.

Vigilanta at the Comicsburgh booth.
IMG_5785.JPG
IMG_5785.JPG (8.48 MiB) Viewed 9349 times
Vigilanta near the entrance to Heroes Con.
IMG_5789.JPG
IMG_5789.JPG (6.39 MiB) Viewed 9349 times
Here's some first day cosplay - Vigilanta posing with Poison Ivy and an incredibly detailed Mr Freeze.
IMG_5784.JPG
IMG_5784.JPG (8.11 MiB) Viewed 9349 times
A very lovely Baroness! I mean to say, this costume was extremely tight.
IMG_5793.JPG
IMG_5793.JPG (7.61 MiB) Viewed 9349 times

On to the hopeful craziness of Day 2!
shevek
Producer
Producer

With the second day, it's clear that Heroes Con is the best creator-oriented Con we've ever been to!
Business was so brisk that someone from our Comicsburgh table sold a comic book about every 15 minutes.
We sold another 20 books to customers, and added another two stores from North Carolina (18 books to them).

Some things we did:
-Said hi to Billy Tucci, creator of Shi, and said we'll see him again next week at Garden State Comicon when he's part of Comicsgate Row (booths A1 to A6). He came all the way from Long Island, of course.
-Met some of the guys from the Spine Ticks Youtube channel, which has hosted Heroineburgh and The Edge with our superheroine Arctica (Bridget) appearing twice. They drove up from Florida.
-Signed up for Big Apple Xmas Con in December. That Con's organizer, Mike Carbonaro, had a booth at HeroesCon and took our deposit. It'll be our third time in NYC.
-Went to a panel honoring the recently deceased John Romita Sr., hosted by none other than his son, John Romita Jr.!
-Sold 3 comics to a lurker from this Superheroine Forum! He said he never posts but was familiar with our series. Gotta respect his privacy, but he was very nice.

Between the brisk sales, panels, and side trips to the store booths, I actually forgot to take new photos of Vigilanta (Elizabeth) today, plus she was so helpful at the booth (incredible, really!). We'll do more of that tomorrow, because she does look really amazing in the costume.
(Some guesses from the crowd: "Spiderwoman", "Robin", and "I don't know". One person got the Adrian Chase/Vigilante reference, though!)

But I did manage to get some great cosplay shots. There was more great cosplay at this Con (and way more SEXY cosplay) than I've ever seen.
Ladies really go all out at HeroesCon to look their best, and much respect. Here's a list of the hits that walked by our table!

Winx Club. Super hot! The only cosplay I've ever seen of this.
IMG_5794.JPG
IMG_5794.JPG (7.3 MiB) Viewed 9296 times
Dazzler - the original costume from the 80s. Very well done, and extremely tight.
IMG_5795.JPG
IMG_5795.JPG (7.04 MiB) Viewed 9296 times
One of two Punchlines we saw. This is a mature Asian woman in her 40s, just amazing looking. We got her Facebook info and we will send her the photo. She did buy a comic book from us.
IMG_5796.JPG
IMG_5796.JPG (7.53 MiB) Viewed 9296 times
A great Leeloo. I've seen these before, but nothing this good. Again, a really tight costume.
IMG_5797.JPG
IMG_5797.JPG (7.03 MiB) Viewed 9296 times
Finally, there were several Storms and Emma Frosts. But this was the most beautiful one. Well over six feet tall in the heeled boots!
IMG_5798.JPG
IMG_5798.JPG (7.45 MiB) Viewed 9296 times
Hope you enjoyed the photos. On to Day 3, the final day of Heroes Con!
-
shevek
Producer
Producer

Final day of Heroes Con 2023 in Charlotte.

Please note: the sexy cosplayer doing Dazzler above is DJ Spider (Suzann Knudsen) one of the respected North Carolina cosplayers of the Con.
She has a direct connection to Heroineburgh: we are using TWO of her handmade costumes in the series which we bought from her a few years ago!

Shot a bit of footage in the stairwell right behind our booth (which was also convenient to both the loading dock and the concessions).

Vigilanta getting an emergency alert from the Heroineburgh League (this will turn out to be a ruse in EP23).
vigilanta hears the call from the league.jpg
vigilanta hears the call from the league.jpg (55.1 KiB) Viewed 9230 times
Vigilanta (Elizabeth) running up the steps.
vigilanta pauses on the stairwell.jpg
vigilanta pauses on the stairwell.jpg (95.41 KiB) Viewed 9230 times
This Jean Grey cosplayer is Spider's friend Kalliste. Also very tall and gorgeous like Spider.
IMG_5800.JPG
IMG_5800.JPG (7.46 MiB) Viewed 9230 times
Tight and shiny Ms. Marvel old school Carol Danvers. We always enjoy seeing this.
IMG_5799.JPG
IMG_5799.JPG (7.98 MiB) Viewed 9230 times
Vigilanta with a Harley Quinn. This Harley is a model (she told us about her career).
IMG_5801.JPG
IMG_5801.JPG (8.2 MiB) Viewed 9230 times
Goodbye to the Con with this clip which may wind up in Episode 23. Next up is Garden State Comic Fest in Morristown NJ.
Hope to see you there, just like our lurker friend who stopped by and picked up our books! (see, it does happen)

shevek
Producer
Producer

Coming up this weekend, Heroineburgh and Comicsburgh will be at Garden State Comic Fest in Morristown, NJ.
The dates are Saturday June 24 and Sunday June 25.
You can find us at booth #204 in Villains Hall (the ice rink).

There will be lots of great artists, publishers, celebs and activities going on in both buildings, including the adjacent Heroes Hall.
So don't miss any of the action. It's only an hour from New York City and less than two hours from much of Eastern PA and much of New Jersey.
It's only a half-hour west of Newark and Jersey City (so, technically the outer stomping grounds of Kamala Khan).

Making her debut appearance at an out-of-town Con (she has previously appeared at Steel City Con last year) is our gorgeous Indonesian actress
Jessica B, who plays the supervillainess Serpenta. You can get a signed photo, a signed comic and a sticker from the Naga snake goddess herself.
But don't fall victim to her hypnotic venom!

I've already heard from one poster on the Forum who may be coming. Hope to see you there!
garden state social media post.jpg
garden state social media post.jpg (524.72 KiB) Viewed 9194 times
And also...still related to our time at Heroes Con.

You would do well to follow North Carolina cosplayer DJ Spider (Suzann Knudsen) on Facebook and elsewhere.
She created the Halo cosplay that we use in a modified form as our supervillainess Dark Spectra, and also the Jocasta cosplay which will debut in Season 3 in a modified form as the evil version of X-Machina.

Very rare to see a cosplayer who does the more obscure comic book characters (including the ones that don't get much love currently) and makes them incredibly sexy, who is also a comic book collector and fan of the comic books artists themselves.

If you check out her page, you'll see that she had Tom DeFalco, Jim Shooter and Alan Davis sign her Dazzler and Looker comics.
Incredible respect to DJ Spider!
spider as dazzler.jpg
spider as dazzler.jpg (760.65 KiB) Viewed 9141 times
spider as looker.jpg
spider as looker.jpg (350.87 KiB) Viewed 9141 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

All the post-Garden State Comic Fest action you could want!

This Comicon set a personal SHF-related record, as I met not one, but *two* Forum members who are quite active and well known:
Dr Dominator and Arachna Comic!
Thanks for supporting us.

Also, the main reason we signed up for Garden State was because we knew we'd be adjacent to the heavy action at Comicsgate Row.
Ethan Van Sciver and Billy Tucci allowed us to place Heroineburgh flyers at their tables, which helped the CG crowd know that there was a second
convention room (Villains Hall) where we were located, along with CG's Primetime Mark Poulton, Stef Wilson, and plenty of other creators.
A good number of that crowd came over and supported us because of Jason Wright's connection with EVS and Shane Davis.

The CG party action continued into the night, as there was an afterparty on Saturday night at the Sonesta Suites in Parsippany - an outdoor event where there were about 40 people drinking and smoking cigars. We met a bunch of Youtubers, and of course EVS and Billy and the others were there, holding court. I wound up being shown on two Youtube livestreams from that event: EVS and Dan Fraga. But since you probably don't know what I look like unless you've seen me, I'll stay anonymous there.

Back to the Con: Sales were rather light to the general audience (for some reason, a lot of them were "pitch resistant" to the Comicsburgh titles we had to offer) so it was a good thing that the CG crowd made up the difference as customers.

But we had tons of great interactions, mainly due to the incredible enthusiasm of Jessica B who came with us as Serpenta. She took dozens of photos with Con attendees, and broadcasted several times live on her Tiktok.

Serpenta with Michaelangelo.
IMG_5806.JPG
IMG_5806.JPG (8.61 MiB) Viewed 9110 times
Serpenta does some sexy action poses in the hallway.
IMG_5816.JPG
IMG_5816.JPG (7.06 MiB) Viewed 9110 times
Serpenta with Danny the Street (from Doom Patrol). [April Bowlby, Doom Patrol's Elastigirl, was one of the guests]
IMG_5820.JPG
IMG_5820.JPG (8.52 MiB) Viewed 9110 times
Serpenta (Jessica) talking to the 4,000 followers on her Tiktok and showing off a copy of Heroineburgh #1 where she appears.
IMG_5827.JPG
IMG_5827.JPG (6.85 MiB) Viewed 9110 times
Serpenta with Spidey.
IMG_5828.JPG
IMG_5828.JPG (7.77 MiB) Viewed 9110 times
Close up of beautiful Jessica B as Serpenta, showing how she put on "dark lipstick" on the second day, to look more evil. Very enticing!
IMG_5829.JPG
IMG_5829.JPG (8.34 MiB) Viewed 9110 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

More cosplay from Garden State Comic Fest 2023!

Superman and Hawkgirl.
IMG_5807.JPG
IMG_5807.JPG (8.35 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
Catwoman and Poison Ivy. I got a signed 90s Catwoman poster from Jim Balent who was vending with his wife Holly Golightly. Nice people.
IMG_5808.JPG
IMG_5808.JPG (7.2 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
Superwoman and Wonder Woman.
IMG_5811.JPG
IMG_5811.JPG (8.33 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
The "New York Fantastic Four" (they had their own cosplay table). A pretty hot Invisible Woman.
IMG_5817.JPG
IMG_5817.JPG (8.52 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
Kitty Pryde.
IMG_5821.JPG
IMG_5821.JPG (8.18 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
Valkyrie.
IMG_5824.JPG
IMG_5824.JPG (8.17 MiB) Viewed 9107 times
Serpenta's message from Garden State Comic Fest.

And now, on to Hershey PA, the sweetest most chocolatey place on Earth, for the Hershey Comic Con next weekend.
We'll be there with Arctica!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh and #Comicsburgh will be at Hershey Comic Con this weekend July 1-2. Come to the sweetest place on Earth to meet Arctica, the queen of the frost, and get your comics and signed photos. It's the cool thing to do!

Roy Thomas, Joe Staton and Howard Chaykin will be there for comics fans, as well as some wrestling stars.

I wonder if I'll meet any more posters from SHF at this Con? Hmmm....send a PM if you might be coming.

Also...I just received a great photo set of Arctica photos from cosplay photographer GCF Photography (from northern VA) who was at Sci-Fi Valley Con with us in Altoona PA.

Bridget looks very beautiful and confident in these photos!
If one person responds to this post and says they'd like to see the Arctica photo set, I'll post some of them here.
hershey heroineburgh with arctica.jpg
hershey heroineburgh with arctica.jpg (238.72 KiB) Viewed 9033 times
OK, since Dr Dominator asked nicely, here are five, from a larger photo set of a couple dozen shots.
As you can see, Bridget (Arctica) is very skilled at superhero poses.

Hope that makes some folks want to come up to Hershey!
DSC00582-S.jpg
DSC00582-S.jpg (30.36 KiB) Viewed 9011 times
DSC00847-S.jpg
DSC00847-S.jpg (32.52 KiB) Viewed 9011 times
DSC00870-S.jpg
DSC00870-S.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 9011 times
DSC00888-S.jpg
DSC00888-S.jpg (28.37 KiB) Viewed 9011 times
DSC00940-S.jpg
DSC00940-S.jpg (29.19 KiB) Viewed 9011 times
Last edited by shevek 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

shevek wrote:
9 months ago

If one person responds to this post and says they'd like to see the Arctica photo set, I'll post some of them here.

I'm keen to see a few more poses of Arctica.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
shevek
Producer
Producer

DrDominator9 wrote:
9 months ago
shevek wrote:
9 months ago

I'm keen to see a few more poses of Arctica.
Behold five poses added to the previous post!

More gorgeous shots to come once we touch down at Hershey Con.
shevek
Producer
Producer

First day July 1 is in the books at Hershey Comic Con in the sweetest place on Earth.
We sold 16 comics (5 runs and a #1) to fans, sharing our glory with our Comicsburgh partners from The Edge and Beowulf.

Among many other attendees, we met a local gentleman who mentioned that he was a big fan of New Phoenix Productions, Sisterhood of Superheroines, and superheroine fetish actresses like Tanya Danielle and Stacy Burke. Surprisingly, he had never heard of SHF.

Attractive redhead Bridget was with us again as Arctica, and did a superb job as always of drawing in the crowd, taking several photos with our latest fanbase and sharing her adventures with her own social media. She is the consummate actress and heroine!

We met with some Central PA stores (there are four alone just in Hanover PA, and several more in the immediate area of Hershey)
and will hopefully have at least one new shop added to our list by tomorrow.

I also got to meet the legendary Roy Thomas (one of the last surviving members of Stan Lee's generation) and got to say hi to his handler John Cimino, who runs a regular podcast show on Billy Tucci's Youtube channel, POPXP. I'm a regular moderator ("blue wrench") on POPXP and so Cimino thanked me for helping to "Stop the Hate" (i.e., moderating the comment section in the chat).

Roy Thomas signed three issues of Young All-Stars which I had from the 1980s, one of which was also signed by Pittsburgh's Howard Bender (who did a back cover pinup for Heroineburgh #2). Two of the issues had sexy cover art of the heroines Fury and Tsunami - I'll show those tomorrow. Roy was incredibly gracious and welcoming to his fans, who were constantly lined up to get things signed by him. All the signature donations went to Heroes Initative!

Another great meeting was with Florida-based artist Richard Bonk (who also has a house in nearby NY State). He is the artist on the latest Nexus hardback published by Dark Horse (which I bought last month at my LCS) as well as on Mike Baron's beleaguered Private American, which was cancelled by Kickstarter and shadowbanned [eliminated from search engine] by Indiegogo, but is now available on the free-speech funding platform Fund My Comic. I bought a copy of Private American and had Bonk sign it. Hopefully we'll see him soon if we get down to Florida.

Here are some photos taken both by myself and Bridget of her exploits on Day 1.

There were a handful of interesting cosplays (I neglected to take photos of those, but hopefully I will catch some tomorrow) but one of the best
we encountered was a sexy female Joker (Elseworlds? Flashpoint?) portrayed by a Central PA cosplayer named Ivy.
If Ivy lived near Pittsburgh, we would definitely ask her to be part of Heroineburgh! See the Youtube clip below for her interaction with Arctica.

Arctica takes over the panel room at Hershey Con, posing powerfully during a lull in the action. A stunning beauty, always ready for action in her silver spandex!
IMG_5832.JPG
IMG_5832.JPG (8.33 MiB) Viewed 8864 times
IMG_5834.JPG
IMG_5834.JPG (8.38 MiB) Viewed 8864 times
Arctica with a Hershey bar - had to have one which was especially color coordinated with the blue and white from her costume!
arctica with hershey bar at hershey con.jpg
arctica with hershey bar at hershey con.jpg (200.24 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Closeup shot of our booth with the Heroineburgh Issues 1 through 3. A lot of folks also stopped and watched portions of the Heroineburgh episodes
on our laptop, which we usually have running at our booth.
heroineburgh at hershey con.jpg
heroineburgh at hershey con.jpg (437.64 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Arctica poses in a free corner of the Royale (with cheese!) Ballroom in the Hershey Holiday Inn where the Con took place.
arctica powered up at hershey con.jpg
arctica powered up at hershey con.jpg (177.6 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Bridget posted a story on her Instagram, which was then shared by Hershey Con on theirs. Since it goes away after 24 hours, here's a record of it.
arctica at hershey con on instagram.jpg
arctica at hershey con on instagram.jpg (57.14 KiB) Viewed 8864 times
Arctica encounters the female Joker, who interrupts her in the middle of an announcement to the fans. The Joker is played here by cosplayer Ivy who is on Instagram at @glitterabomination .

It's well known in the Heroineburgh universe that Arctica is a passionate heroine who lusts after her fellow colleagues in tight spandex costumes.
But if the female Joker was hoping to kindle a romance with the brilliant Dr. Greta Bjornsdottir, she certainly didn't go about it the right way,
and was quickly rebuffed. Blushing with annoyance, Arctica quickly gives her villainous suitor the "cold shoulder"!

shevek
Producer
Producer

Day 2 closes out Hershey Comicon in Hershey, PA - the sweetest place on Earth.

Today, Bridget played Quanta, the queen of quantum physics, who is the alternate Drainium-induced form of Arctica which will debut in upcoming Episode 22.

I like to say that she is a combination of Mr Mxyzptlk and Thanos: her power to alter the probability of events around her is so vast that it almost seem magical, and she accomplishes it with a single snap of her fingers. For example, she can make all the Hershey Bars at the Comicon disappear, simply by creating the infinitesimal possibility that they will all end up in her private candy vault. (no Hostess products, sorry!)

The spandex costume I designed for Quanta is elegantly simple Silver Age with basically just two colors: purple and white. Sometimes she wears a silver belt and sometimes a purple one (the probability of that is 50/50, since they're both in the costume bag). It shows off Bridget's fit figure quite well, and she has adapted quickly to the altered personality of Quanta, using a higher voice and prankster attitude (like The Trickster from The Flash).

Also, see the Youtube clip below for Bridget as Quanta.
quanta hershey con combined photo.jpg
quanta hershey con combined photo.jpg (754.4 KiB) Viewed 8767 times
quanta at sign hershey con.jpg
quanta at sign hershey con.jpg (295.13 KiB) Viewed 8767 times
heroineburgh stickers on sale hershey con.jpg
heroineburgh stickers on sale hershey con.jpg (414.86 KiB) Viewed 8767 times
Cosplays of She-Ra and Hela.
IMG_5836.JPG
IMG_5836.JPG (7.4 MiB) Viewed 8767 times
IMG_5837.JPG
IMG_5837.JPG (7.25 MiB) Viewed 8767 times
We got home safely after eating quite a lot of chocolate (one of the Comicsburgh creators brought his family, and they visited Hershey Park on
Thursday before the Con). Sold 26 books to new fans, and 6 more to another new store: Panther Comics in Turnersville NJ, who are some of the best comics folks I've ever met (the owner and his store manager are super into independent music, so we had a lot to talk about).

Next weekend we head west to Youngstown Comicon in Northeast Ohio. Not bringing an actress this time, but I'll still have photos of our merch and hopefully some cosplay. If you're in the area, please don't hesitate to meet us at our booth there - we have our videos for sale in addition to the comics!
Youngstown-Comic-Con-1.jpg
Youngstown-Comic-Con-1.jpg (261.89 KiB) Viewed 8767 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

First day of Youngstown Comicon was a big success. This was quite a large, well-organized midsize Con with about 200 vendors, some wrestling personalities, and comic legend Jim Steranko.

We didn't have a heroine with us on this trip (nobody could make it) but that didn't seem to affect sales one way or the other.
I made sure that customers could get a heroine publicity photo if they got the three-issue run, and they were appreciative.

All the Comicsburgh guys did well, with Beowulf selling 35 books, The Edge 25, and Heroineburgh 18.
It looks like we're going to add two more new stores from Ohio tomorrow - we'll see how that turns out.

Here's some cosplay.

The Bumblebee one was the most impressive - this guy looked like he worked a long time on this one.
IMG_5843.JPG
IMG_5843.JPG (7 MiB) Viewed 8682 times
Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm Etrigan! (and Logan)
IMG_5844.JPG
IMG_5844.JPG (8.32 MiB) Viewed 8682 times
Harley Quinn in a ball dress. We always see a ton of Harleys but this was an interesting take.
IMG_5845.JPG
IMG_5845.JPG (7.04 MiB) Viewed 8682 times
Sexiest cosplay I saw was this Zatanna. She was very nice. We would definitely have hired her as the new Vendetta if she lived closer to Pittsburgh.
(Youngstown is still only slightly more than an hour away).
IMG_5846.JPG
IMG_5846.JPG (6.63 MiB) Viewed 8682 times
There was also a great Raven in a very tight spandex bodysuit (the usual one that you see at Cons). However, I forgot to take a photo of her, and then later on near the end of the day, she had removed many pieces of her costume (cape, gloves, boots etc) and was just walking around in the bodysuit with her boyfriend. She looked great, but I didn't think it was fair to just take a picture of that since she was no longer in the costume. Sorry, guys! :)

I'll post more in this same thread tomorrow, as we still have one more day to go.

-----------------

Second and last day of Youngstown Comicon, folks. A surprisingly excellent result as today we sold another 15 books for a total of 33 for the 2 days.
And Beowulf / Memoirs of the Morbid (both published by our friend Grant) surpassed us all with about 70 total!

I'll definitely try to be coming back next year - to have such good results in the past three months at Cons within two hours of our homebase (Altoona, Downtown Pittsburgh, North Hills, and Youngstown) is very encouraging.

Also, Debra Dunning was there. She's Heidi the Tool Time girl from Home Improvement, 1993-98.
At age 56, she still looks unbelievably hot. Pretty much a perfect tight body and face. (Sorry, I didn't get a photo, I was busy selling books.)

Here are a couple more cosplays.

Spider-Punk from the second Spider-Verse movie. She was cute and it was detailed and well done.

IMG_5847.JPG
IMG_5847.JPG (6.47 MiB) Viewed 8624 times
This is a girl named Alissa who bought every single comic book our table had to offer from all three publishers (13 in all, I think).
She was one of two customers who did that today.
But more important, she attended the Con as her own original character, which doesn't have a name yet.
A sexy horned demon woman, I told her it reminded me of characters from Brian Pulido's Coffin Comics universe, such as Lady Death and Purgatori.
Her boyfriend knew what that meant, and took it as a compliment.
I guess we'll see next year whether she has developed this character further into a comic or video series. I certainly hope so!
IMG_5848.JPG
IMG_5848.JPG (6.39 MiB) Viewed 8624 times
We'll be taking a break until Sunday August 13 which is Comicsburgh Day at our local shop Phantom of the Attic, 406 S Craig St in Oakland.
The whole roster of our creators will be there, as well as least three of our heroines: Darbouka (Tiffany, who also has a published fantasy novel),
Fianna (Sammie) and X-Machina (Yi). The event is free, runs from Noon to 4, and there will be food!

If you are in or near Pittsburgh on that date, we hope to meet you!

(Then, it'll be on to several more Comicons in the fall.)
shevek
Producer
Producer

What a fantastic day at Phantom of the Attic Comics in Oakland! (Pittsburgh PA)

It was the first annual Comicsburgh Day, celebrating several Pittsburgh-based indie publishers including Heroineburgh, The Edge (Marvin Wynn),
Theme of Thieves (DP Brown) and Beowulf (Grant Lankard).

The Heroineburgh contingent was strong, consisting of (from L to R) interior artist Benjamin Zeus Barnett (who also plays Drake in the live-action series); cover artist Jason Wright; Darbouka (Tiffany) and X-Machina (our new actress Yi).
IMG_5888.JPG
IMG_5888.JPG (6.24 MiB) Viewed 8339 times
X-Machina and Darbouka defend the spinner rack. Nobody's stealing floppies while they're on the job!
IMG_5892.JPG
IMG_5892.JPG (6.3 MiB) Viewed 8339 times
Sensing danger (and customers), Tiffany changes from her powerless civilian form to the mysterious sonic-powered superheroine Darbouka,
in her mask, hood and cloak.
darbouka transformation photos.jpg
darbouka transformation photos.jpg (620.04 KiB) Viewed 8339 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

More shots from Comicsburgh Day. These were taken by our interior artist Benjamin Zeus Barnett.

Darbouka and X-Machina posing behind the booth. Jason Wright is on the right.
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 1.jpg
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 1.jpg (501.21 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
Closeup of Jason at his station. Episode 21 is running on the laptop, and Stellara (Ruby) is visible on the screen.

In addition to signing Heroineburgh covers, we gave away a selection of DC Comics (Hal Jordan, Green Lanterns, Secret Six, Huntress & Power Girl, Phantom Lady & Doll Man, Metal Men) with his colorist work in them, which he also signed as a bonus courtesy for anyone who bought a Heroineburgh comic. Anyone who bought all three got a fantastic deal: three bonus stickers, two signed superheroine photos, and a signed DC comic from Jason. Quite a deal for only $13!
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 2.jpg
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 2.jpg (376.57 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
Cute photo of Darbouka and X-Machina which Ben took on his phone. He got shots of them from all angles for reference photos to be used for future interior comic art.
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 4.jpg
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 4.jpg (242.38 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
Ben's current art for Heroineburgh #4 at his station. You've seen much of it in the ongoing Heroineburgh Comics #4 thread,
but there is a brand new panel right there on the table of Arogya sucking out the negative energy from Kaliyuga, an excellent
"power drain" scenario. When it's fleshed out a bit more, I'll post it.
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 5.jpg
heroineburgh at phantom 2023 by ben photo 5.jpg (274.7 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Fall Comicon season is now in full swing!

We just got back from Salem Comic & Toy Expo in Salem, Ohio only an hour's drive from Pittsburgh.

Our featured actress was Jessica Z, who plays Chlorina starting in Episode 22. She has been to several local events, but this was her first out-of-town
Comicon. She was a delight, walking around the building in her tight spandex costume to attract attention, and posing for photos and signing her publicity shots and the covers of Issue 3.

The big draw was celebrity actor Dean Cain, who was in over 200 productions but is mainly known for his role as Superman in Lois & Clark.

For a one-day Con, this did quite well, as within the first three hours, we sold 21 books (including 6 sets of issues 1-3).
Then it slowed down, and we hung out with some of the vendors until it was time for Dean Cain's Q&A panel.
During the panel, he was given a big surprise as the mayor of Salem OH showed up to give him the key to the city and proclaim it "Dean Cain Day"
in Salem. She was accompanied by a retinue of police officers and canines, who were honoring Dean's membership in the police forces in Pocatello, Idaho and Frederick County, Virginia.

Here are some shots from the Con!

Chlorina, sexy and powerful in front of the Ohio flag.
IMG_5940.JPG
IMG_5940.JPG (5.61 MiB) Viewed 8135 times
IMG_5936.JPG
IMG_5936.JPG (5.49 MiB) Viewed 8135 times
Chlorina at the Heroineburgh booth. The Comicon was held in a school, and we were in one of the many classrooms with a bunch of other cool vendors. Luckily there was plenty of room to post all the character photos on the blackboard!
chlorina at salem comicon.jpg
chlorina at salem comicon.jpg (539.48 KiB) Viewed 8133 times
Chlorina versus the DC Trinity!
chlorina with friends.jpg
chlorina with friends.jpg (370 KiB) Viewed 8099 times
Dean Cain answering questions from the audience and being honored by the mayor and police force of Salem.
He also spent over 3 hours signing items.
IMG_5942.JPG
IMG_5942.JPG (4.51 MiB) Viewed 8135 times
IMG_5944.JPG
IMG_5944.JPG (4.63 MiB) Viewed 8135 times
Chlorina's report from the Salem Comicon on Youtube.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Coming up next on September 22-24.....

Cincinnati Comic Expo! There will be lots of comic creators there, including the famous Jim Lee.

Comicsburgh will be represented by Heroineburgh Comics and our lovely flame-powered superheroine Hellfyra (aka Sasaya)
along with our friend DP Brown from Theme of Thieves.

Come out and say hello in Artist Alley!
cincinnati comic expo publicity image with hellfyra.jpg
cincinnati comic expo publicity image with hellfyra.jpg (289.36 KiB) Viewed 8071 times
royalbert867
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hello
shevek
Producer
Producer

royalbert867 wrote:
6 months ago
Hello
Hello to you, too...Bert?

Yesterday was the first day of Cincinnati Comic Expo, and we had a grand old time.
It is a true, well-run Comicon. There are both celebrities *and* comics heroes. From the entrance, you have to walk through the entire gauntlet of Artist Alley, comic shop booths, and craft vendors to get to the area with the actors in it. Yet it is not insanely crowded, and the aisles are wide so there's no congestion to get through. That is definitely exactly as it should be.

As usual, Con food is really expensive. I mean, we're talking $16 for a burger like it was made at some upscale artisanal restaurant. But by now, you (and I) should know that. Bring your own food in a backpack.

We sold a few copies of comics to individual fans. Mostly, Friday was a day where everybody was looking around to see what they wanted, and a ton of people literally said that to us - it's apparently a set tradition here. If you were here, you could see why: Ohio is packed with great comics creators. There were probably over FIFTY different publishers to choose from, and we were just one of them.

We also reconnected with our store contact in Cincy: Jeff at Queen City Comics. They picked some copies of Heroineburgh issue 3. Very nice guy, and I could see he was doing well - it looked like just before he bought our comics, he had just concluded a $1000+ transaction with a fan buying some rare collectible issues. Big money here in Ohio!

Here's the Comicsburgh booth setup. DP is in the shot, his Theme of Thieves display to the left.
In the middle is Grant's Beowulf and Memoirs of the Morbid. On the right is the Heroineburgh stuff. I didn't have the laptop open so I wasn't playing the videos yet. Hellfyra (Sasaya) took the photo, so she's not in it.
comicsburgh booth setup.jpg
comicsburgh booth setup.jpg (457.7 KiB) Viewed 7828 times
A couple of shots of lovely Hellfyra posing on the surface of desert planet Tatooine!
Great story: we were taking these shots near the end of the day, and John DeLancie had just packed up his signing booth and was walking towards the VIP exit (he was the very last to leave the autograph area). As he walked by us and noticed Hellfyra posing, he said "Nice!"
IMG_5949.JPG
IMG_5949.JPG (6.96 MiB) Viewed 7828 times
IMG_5953.JPG
IMG_5953.JPG (7 MiB) Viewed 7828 times
Hellfyra greets you from Day 1 of Cincinnati Comic Expo.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Second day of Cincinnati Comic Expo.

Here are the highlights:

-Sold a bunch more runs of Heroineburgh Comics, and sold out the two Beowulf runs Grant sent along with us.

- Hung out with Jeff Hicks of the Youtube channel World Class Bullshitters. He's moved back home to Cincinnati after breaking up with Jessi of the Youtube channel Mindless Entertainment (both Jessi and Jeff are fans of Heroineburgh - they did three livestreams with our actresses).

I hadn't backed Jeff's Indiegogo back in 2019 when he first crowdfunded his book Stealing Solo, so I bought a copy at his table. This is the version of the cover where Jeff appears with Jeremy (Geeks and Gamers), Ethan Van Sciver, and Cecil. The book itself is about Jeff coming out of The Last Jedi so despondent about the future of Star Wars movie that his Fandom Menace buddies conspire to kidnap Harrison Ford to cheer him up. It's hilarious.
IMG_5970.JPG
IMG_5970.JPG (6.05 MiB) Viewed 7715 times
- Marvel Comics legendary artist Bob Hall (creator of West Coast Avengers, and the Valiant Comics character Shadowman) bought the whole run of our books. We're staying in touch with him for possible art for issue 4 or 5, as he lives nearby in Pennsylvania.

- Hellfyra apparently made an alliance of convenience with the ruthless mercenary Boba Fett.
IMG_5959.JPG
IMG_5959.JPG (6.25 MiB) Viewed 7715 times
- We had dinner downtown at an awesome burger joint, I have to say, Cincinnati's downtown is spotless, litter-free and well-appointed (we found Charlotte to be the same way, but Cincinnati was a lot more beautiful) unlike Pittsburgh's which is admittedly rather dirty and smelly. Not sure why our town can't get its act together.

- Then, back at the airbnb, Hellfyra (Sasaya) shot a transformation scene with us for a future episode.
Here she is, posing powerfully after we finished the four-segment shoot. Improvised lighting from below using a desk lamp accentuates the lovely shine on the costume!
IMG_5969.JPG
IMG_5969.JPG (6.01 MiB) Viewed 7715 times
On to the final Day 3 in Cincinnati!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Cincinnati Comic Expo Day 3 highlights:

- Sold 11 more books, many of them to several Pittsburgh expats. Steelers Nation is apparently thick throughout Ohio despite the two other teams.
Checking out a restaurant downtown, we walked past a billboard that took advantage of the division rivalry between the Bengals and Steelers - it said "another reason to hate Pittsburgh". I don't really care much about football, but apparently pretty much everyone else does, even nerds at Comicons.

- Sold every single book of Grant's that he sent along with us, save one copy. People really like Beowulf and Memoirs of the Morbid.

- Met a guy whom I'd been friendly acquaintances with for a couple years in the chats of EVS and other Youtube channels: Wyman aka Wyzgyz Entertainment. Apparently he is (or was?) a manager at a Cracker Barrel. Anyway, you can find WyzGyz on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Instagram.
He bought all three Heroineburgh comics.

Check his entire Twitter thread below where he posts about the Con with a great sense of adventure! (Click on the link, it'll take you to the thread)

- Looks like we're going to ask both Jeff Hicks (World Class Bullshitters) and Bob Hall to do pinups for the comic.

-Sasaya walked around showing off her wonderful costume, and took this photo with a rather nerdy Red Sonja (nice to see the chainmail represented!) and a very determined J Jonah Jameson. "Get me photos of Spider-Man!" he told her. "Sorry, I'm just a fashion designer," she replied.
IMG_5973.JPG
IMG_5973.JPG (6.99 MiB) Viewed 7607 times
IMG_5972.JPG
IMG_5972.JPG (6.4 MiB) Viewed 7607 times
-We also filmed a four-shot transformation sequence at the airbnb which will be included in a future episode of Heroineburgh where Hellfyra rushes to join her heroine allies in a battle. Here are stills from the four shots in sequence.
hellfyra transformation sequence.jpg
hellfyra transformation sequence.jpg (253.53 KiB) Viewed 7580 times
Next up, we're in DuBois PA at DuBois SuperCon Sat Oct 7 - interested to see who will show up for that!

shevek
Producer
Producer

DuBois Supercon put on a small but enthusiastic Comicon in a church hall with about 25 vendors.
We were the Comicsburgh group that came in from the "big city" and presented a strong front with all four publishers.
Heroineburgh, Beowulf/Memoirs of the Morbid, and The Edge all sold comics to brand-new fans.
Almost everyone who came by the table was very interested in the idea of a DIY-produced live-action superheroine show with a comic book tie-in
and we got a lot of solid compliments. The Con organizers graciously provided us with pizza, snacks, and water bottles.

Sammie (Fianna) was with us on her first out-of-town trip (she debuted with us in June at Three Rivers Con). She was so helpful and congenial with customers, signing a half-dozen publicity photos and some of her character stickers. It also helps that she is very smart, stunningly beautiful and in great shape. She did a lot of muscle-flexing for the crowd to show off her super-strength, and became very accustomed to introducing the details about her character. We can't wait to have her with us again, and to do her first live-action shoot in the fall.

Posed shots of Fianna in the side room (which went unused! We proposed to the very receptive and hospitable Con organizer that he use it next year for a panel, and we can show a live-action episode to those who'd like to watch).
IMG_5985.JPG
IMG_5985.JPG (6.98 MiB) Viewed 7400 times
IMG_5988.JPG
IMG_5988.JPG (6.89 MiB) Viewed 7400 times
IMG_5989.JPG
IMG_5989.JPG (7.21 MiB) Viewed 7400 times
One of the most enthusiastic people at the Con was Ms. Brenda Shannon, the wife of one of the comic book dealers, who dazzled everyone as a quite busty Squirrel Girl. TippyToe on her shoulder was on her best behavior. She took some photos with Fianna and participated in the Youtube clip below. Brenda is involved in the DuBois Area Fantasy Photoshoot cosplay group, with their link here: http://dafp.weebly.com/models.html

IMG_5980.JPG
IMG_5980.JPG (8.67 MiB) Viewed 7400 times
IMG_5981.JPG
IMG_5981.JPG (8.71 MiB) Viewed 7400 times
After the Con we visited a store in the mall that I'd never heard of before: McNulty's. In the front, it carries lots of candy, toys and pop culture itesm, but the back half is a well-stocked comic book store with a bunch of racks of new books and many back-issue longboxes. It has TWO "Hey Kids! Comics!" spinner racks, one right after the front of the store, and they deal with both Diamond and Lunar. We weren't able to find the owner to talk to her about stocking Comicsburgh titles, but then again, we didn't know at all about the store until we got there. Next time we go to DuBois, we'll call in advance to make an appointment.

Two weeks from now, we're onwards to Great Lakes Geek Fest in Geneva, OH. Comicsburgh and Heroineburgh assemble!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Coming up next for us is the first field outing for our new actress Diana, who plays Vendetta. Happy to say she just completed Custom 11 with us today (out very soon - she wears a stunning Supergirl outfit) and has proven herself to be one of the most enthusiastic and vivacious members of the Heroineburgh roster.

Heroineburgh will join the Comicsburgh crew as special honored guests at Great Lakes Geek Fest, located at SPIRE Academy in Geneva, OH: Sat Oct 21 from 10-5 pm. Vendetta, the Italian spirit of vengeance, will be there to sign comics and take photos with fans.

Hope to see you if you're near Northeast Ohio!
Great-Lakes-Geek-Fest-1536x1536.jpg
Great-Lakes-Geek-Fest-1536x1536.jpg (379.74 KiB) Viewed 7300 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Back from Great Lakes Geek Fest in Geneva, OH and I have to say it was a great success thanks to the stunning beauty and warm charisma of our new actress Diana (sorry, not from Themyscira). It was her very first time appearing at a Comicon and she hit it out of the park!

Diana (Vendetta) posing at the Comicsburgh booth which featured all four of the publishers' comics, including Heroineburgh.
We had our videos running on a laptop on the far left of the two-table setup. (And we sold a copy of Season One on a thumb drive!)
You can also see the Comicsburgh banner with three of our characters (Vendetta, Savanna and Arctica).
dp and vendetta at geek fest.jpg
dp and vendetta at geek fest.jpg (112.76 KiB) Viewed 7141 times
We picked up another new store in Ohio: Captains' Comics, Toys, And. (yes, that's the name) It's in North Kingsville OH.

And Diana was interviewed for the local newspaper by a reporter who was doing a review of the Con. Her photo will appear in the print edition this Wednesday, and we're going to try to score a couple of copies from the newspaper.

Here's Diana as Vendetta in her combat stances in the hallway of the Geek Fest.
IMG_5999.JPG
IMG_5999.JPG (5.54 MiB) Viewed 7141 times
IMG_6000.JPG
IMG_6000.JPG (5.56 MiB) Viewed 7141 times
IMG_6001.JPG
IMG_6001.JPG (5.88 MiB) Viewed 7141 times
This one has a nice touch of peril: Oh, no! Vendetta has been cruelly thrown with great force by an implacable foe. What will the villain do to her while she is stunned from the blow, writing painfully against the wall in her tight and shiny crimson spandex costume. Better finish her off, villain - before she recovers from the shock and attacks you with her deadly escrima!
IMG_6002.JPG
IMG_6002.JPG (5.74 MiB) Viewed 7141 times
Youtube clip with Vendetta.

Our next adventure is at Akron Comicon Nov 4-5 featuring Devana the Huntress (our amazing actress, Casey).
If you live nearby, we hope to see you there!
shevek
Producer
Producer

The newspaper reporter from Ashtabula Ohio who wrote the review article about Great Lakes Geek Fest and took photos of Diana as Vendetta
sent those photos to me today. He mailed me a couple of paper copies of the article, so they should be coming in the mail soon.

Now you can see for yourself why Vendetta attracted so many people to the Comicsburgh table.
_DSC0827.jpg
_DSC0827.jpg (10.08 MiB) Viewed 7050 times
_DSC0830.jpg
_DSC0830.jpg (10.66 MiB) Viewed 7050 times
_DSC0821.jpg
_DSC0821.jpg (12.38 MiB) Viewed 7050 times
_DSC0818.jpg
_DSC0818.jpg (11.4 MiB) Viewed 7050 times
Coming up next: Akron Comicon Nov 4-5 at Emidio's Banquet Center in Cuyahoga Falls OH with lovely actress Casey as Devana the Huntress.
Check us out if you're in Northeast Ohio!
akron comicon 2023 graphic with devana.jpg
akron comicon 2023 graphic with devana.jpg (82.36 KiB) Viewed 7050 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey, the first day of Akron Comicon was super fun.

Everyone on our team sold a good amount of books, and the crowd was pleasantly packed.
I met our friend Rick from the various CG channel chats, and also met a Rippaverse fan named Cal - they both bought comics.
We also said hi again to Tony Isabella. And I spoke with Ron Frenz about doing a back cover pinup for us in the next year.

Here's a photo of our Comicsburgh booth with Marvin (The Edge), Casey (Devana) and DP (Theme of Thieves).
IMG_6008.JPG
IMG_6008.JPG (6.32 MiB) Viewed 6904 times
Devana poses with Tap Dance Killer from Hero Tomorrow Comics, a gorgeous cosplay model named Josy.
IMG_6010.JPG
IMG_6010.JPG (5.72 MiB) Viewed 6904 times
Devana flexing her guns at the entrance to Akron Comicon.
IMG_6013.JPG
IMG_6013.JPG (6.29 MiB) Viewed 6904 times
One of the shots we may use for Devana's promotional photos for Season 3.
IMG_6016.JPG
IMG_6016.JPG (5.63 MiB) Viewed 6904 times
I'll post more in this box for Day 2 tomorrow. Here's the clip from Devana from the Con.

shevek
Producer
Producer

Well, it looks like we actually needed a second post to finish our report on Akron Comicon.

The second day went as well as the first. In fact, we ran out of all of the Devana 8x10 signed photos, as Casey was busy both signing those photos
and taking pictures with various fans and cosplayers. Since everyone who bought a run of Issues 1 to 3 got a photo, that means we sold 33 comics total over three days! (10 3-issue runs + 3 singles).

Our compatriots (Theme of Thieves, Beowulf and The Edge) did wonderfully as well. Here are some highlights:

Marvin took a photo before the Heroineburgh display was quite all set up and ready, but here's much of the stuff we had out.

You can see the new cute little Gardenia 'boot removal' sticker, created by Batmad, and this was the first bigger Con where it debuted (the actual first time we had it available was a couple weeks ago at the smaller Great Lakes Geek Fest). It was one of 11 stickers that customers had the option to choose for free whenever they bought a comic.
heroineburgh table at akron comicon.jpg
heroineburgh table at akron comicon.jpg (585.64 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
Devana (Casey) takes a photo with Baron and Art, the hosts of the "Before and After the Movie" podcast. We're going to be arranging a Comicsburgh and Heroineburgh appearance on their Youtube channel soon, so look out for that.
IMG_6021.JPG
IMG_6021.JPG (6.38 MiB) Viewed 6810 times
Devana brings the Heroineburgh Pittsburgh universe into another crossover with the Hero Tomorrow Cleveland universe, appearing with Ted Sikora's character "Apama, the Undiscovered Animal" (he's a superhero who's kind of like what if Spider-Man drove a food truck).
IMG_6023.JPG
IMG_6023.JPG (6.34 MiB) Viewed 6810 times
And finally, the greatest honor. Pittsburgh comics indie legend Don Simpson (creator of Megaton Man) who drew the "Devana, the Serbian Huntress" pinup on the back of our Heroineburgh Comics Issue 3, officially gave the original art from that comic to Casey, signing it and personalizing it to her.
Our lovely and dedicated actress gets to keep the original art that he drew!
IMG_6026.JPG
IMG_6026.JPG (6.4 MiB) Viewed 6810 times
What a great way to end another fantastic Akron Comicon (our third one in a row). Next up will be the Horror Realm Flea Market in Pittsburgh's South Hills (with Darbouka), followed by a visit to Buckeye Con in Columbus (with Arctica). Heroines Assemble!
horror realm flea market.jpg
horror realm flea market.jpg (188.05 KiB) Viewed 6810 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Today! Comicsburgh's appearance at the Horror Realm Flea.

Sold several runs of Heroineburgh issues. Many copies of the other Comicsburgh titles sold as well, especially the horror anthology Memoirs of the Morbid (naturally, due to the event's focus). If you are a horror fan, you would have been in heaven. Everything from sexy horror-themed lingerie to tons of old VHS tapes!

Our wonderful actress Tiffany (who plays Darbouka) appeared for several hours (12:30 to 3:30) and signed some photos of her costumed character for the new customers who bought the runs.

Here's Tiffany arriving at the Flea.
tiffany apan at horror realm flea.jpg
tiffany apan at horror realm flea.jpg (586.76 KiB) Viewed 6614 times
Photo from her perspective of our vendor table and the bustle at the Horror mini-con.
view from table at horror realm flea.jpg
view from table at horror realm flea.jpg (528.89 KiB) Viewed 6614 times
Above photos by Tiffany (I didn't bring my camera today).

Next up is Columbus and Buckeye Con, featuring a guest creator appearance by Heroineburgh and The Edge,
and also of course the delightfully frosty Bridget as Arctica, mistress of the deep freeze!

If you're located in central Ohio, come and check us out on Sunday November 19.
Arctica at Buckeye Comicon.jpg
Arctica at Buckeye Comicon.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 6614 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Posting more from Horror Realm Flea since Tiffany (Darbouka) updated her social media.
She's always proud to be part of the Heroineburgh series.

Her full outfit for the event. Since the event was horror-themed, we went with this theme rather than the heroine costume itself,
since it would be appealing to anyone approaching the table.
tiffany horror realm flea 1.jpg
tiffany horror realm flea 1.jpg (36.19 KiB) Viewed 6494 times
Tiffany signed photos with "Catch my Sound!" for anyone who bought a full run of all three Heroineburgh issues (which four customers did!).
tiffany horror realm flea 2.jpg
tiffany horror realm flea 2.jpg (393.46 KiB) Viewed 6494 times
Here is Tiffany's Facebook video from the event. She walked around a bit and bought an item from another vendor which she also showcased.
Sorry, the video can't be embedded, so just click on where it says "Video on Facebook" to watch. I'm sure she'll appreciate the views.

Also, hearkening back to Great Lakes Geek Fest last month, we received in the mail the newspaper article by writer and photographer Bob Ettinger,
who reviewed the comicon and took a whole slew of sexy photos of Diana in the Vendetta costume. One of those photos appeared in the paper! (her last name is blocked for privacy reasons) And don't worry: even though the photo is black & white in the paper, we got all of the results in color.
IMG_6074.JPG
IMG_6074.JPG (7.04 MiB) Viewed 6470 times
Again, we'll be in Columbus on Sunday (Nov 19) at Buckeye Con with Bridget (Arctica), and we're very much looking forward to that!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Gotta say, our lovely red-headed Arctica (Bridget) found herself in some dangerous peril at Buckeye Comicon in Columbus today.

The diabolical Dr. Jay Kalagayan of MeSseD Comics (our booth neighbor) unleashed his army of voracious space worms on the unsuspecting mistress of the deep freeze. As she struggled in her silver spandex catsuit, these slimy monsters from beyond the stars attempted to latch onto her warm flesh with their lamprey-like sucking teeth, bent on extracting the vital juices from her shapely body for their nefarious nourishment.
Arctica attacked by space worms.jpg
Arctica attacked by space worms.jpg (81.15 KiB) Viewed 6369 times

But this gorgeous ginger heroine, with her enticing blue lips, tight costume, and flowing white cape, was not without her defensive skills. She fought back against these abhorrent creatures with her amazing powers of extreme cold, forcing them to release her from their grasp. She placed them in a deep sub-zero freeze, encasing them in a block of solid ice for further study in her cryogenics laboratory.

Then, Arctica returned immediately to signing photos and comics at the Comicon, where we gained quite a few new fans. Marvin from The Edge Comics was with us, as well, at the Comicsburgh booth.
bridget at buckeye con.jpg
bridget at buckeye con.jpg (443.7 KiB) Viewed 6369 times
hbrugh sales setup at buckeye.jpg
hbrugh sales setup at buckeye.jpg (492 KiB) Viewed 6369 times
Bridget also posed for some very beautiful shots outside the Courtyard Marriott. We may use these for future promotional photos for Arctica next year.
IMG_6088.JPG
IMG_6088.JPG (7.57 MiB) Viewed 6369 times
IMG_6091.JPG
IMG_6091.JPG (8.67 MiB) Viewed 6369 times
When we returned to Pittsburgh after a triumphant day in Columbus, it was then time to plan for our appearance at Local Comic Shop Day,
on Wed Nov 22 Noon to 6 pm at New Dimension Comics Waterfront in Homestead, PA. We'll be overlapping a bit with Marvel artist Pat Olliffe,
a Pittsburgh resident who is debuting the TPB for Marvel Secret Wars: Battleworld.

Ready for another great day at one of our favorite comic shops!
lcsd graphic.jpg
lcsd graphic.jpg (357.47 KiB) Viewed 6369 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heroineburgh ends 2024 with another great appearance in New York City at Big Apple Xmas Con.

We will be vending on Saturday Dec 16, 9 am-7 pm at Big Apple Convention in the New Yorker Hotel in Manhattan.

Also available at our table will be the full complement of titles from Pittsburgh comic creators collective #Comicsburgh including The Edge (Marvin Wynn), Beowulf and Memoirs of the Morbid (Grant Lankard) and Theme Of Thieves (D.P. Brown).

Some of the famous comic creator guests at the Con will include Larry Hama, our pal Billy Tucci (Shi) from the POPXP channel, and Jim Steranko.

Hope to see all SHIP fans there, and hopefully Da Jinx from Ultraheroix, whom we've met before at this Con. There's usually some hot cosplay!

Don't miss it if you're in the New York City area, and come pick up some of our great superheroine comics and Comicsburgh T-shirts, as well as entire Seasons 1 and 2 and Customs 1-12 (yes, Custom 12 will be done by then!) of Heroineburgh on thumb drives for our low Comicon prices.

And don't forget to say hi to Big Apple Con founder, crazy Mike Carbonara!

https://bigapplecc.com/
BACC SANTA DECEMBER 16 2023 CROPED.jpg
BACC SANTA DECEMBER 16 2023 CROPED.jpg (607.7 KiB) Viewed 6166 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Well...with the wrap-up of Big Apple Comicon last night, that's it for a very productive year of Comicons for both Heroineburgh and the Comicsburgh crew as a whole.

Besides selling two dozen books, and also 9 copies to a new store opening in Lawton, OK (adding another shop to our list of about 230), it was an honor and privilege to vend amongst a bunch of comic book professional greats who were situated all around me: Bob Camp (Ren & Stimpy, SpongeBob) and his wife Missy; Larry Hama (G.I. Joe); Larry Kirchner (High Times, Heavy Metal, Screw); Rodney Ramos (Marvel, Toxic Avenger, Transmetropolitan); Jim Salicrup (Marvel, Papercutz); and of course our friend Billy Tucci (Shi).

When the crowds dropped off about 4:30 pm, there was about two and a half hours to spend talking amongst ourselves and just hearing mind-blowing stories about the comic pros' lives. My vendor neighbor told me a story about how he was working at Six Flags amusement park as a teenager, and Lynda Carter made an appearance at the park to celebrate the opening of their new Tilt-a-Whirl. Apparently, Lynda got on the ride and was spinning around on it (which of course made me think of her spinning into Wonder Woman), and a sudden thunderstorm popped up and drenched her while she was on the ride. He told me that when she got off the ride, she was drenched in water, and everyone could see her nipples under her clothing. What a day that must have been, to be alive!

After the Con, my vendor neighbor gave me a voucher for a free continental breakfast that she received, so I chowed down at the hotel's famous TickTock Lounge. There, I had a fun discussion with a Youtuber/podcaster named Blind Adam, who regularly attends Exxotica and AVN, and has a fairly good knowledge of many of the SHIP scene actresses as well (he told me he has met Kendra James), and he also knows about SHF, so there wound up being at least one connection between the Forum and this particular Comicon!

Anyway, the atmosphere at Big Apple Comicon is classy and down-to-earth, and I hope to come back next year again if they keep doing the one-day Xmas Con edition. Hopefully we can bring an actress up next time like we do for most of our Cons - this time, I was hoping that Nupur (our former Arogya actress) would be able to make an appearance with us since she's already in Brooklyn, but unfortunately she was away, so that turned out not to be the case.

Happy Holidays, everyone!