Rare Lynda Carter Wonder Woman comics uncovered, and translated

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Come with me on a journey into the past... back... back... back... to the late 1970s. It was a simpler time. A more innocent time. DC had yet to go through a googillion reboots and reinventions, so its multiverse structure was still understandable by people devoid of a PhD. Comics were yet to become grim and gritty, and each issue had only one cover rather than multiple collectable variants. Adam West was still the Caped Crusader, Bill Bixby still had anger management problems, and Lynda Carter was still Wonder Woman...

Except in Argentina, where Lynda Carter wasn't Wonder Woman, she was Maravilla Mujer! And her tv show had its own dedicated comics... that neither DC nor Warner Brothers in any way authorised nor endorsed. And yet, because it was a simpler and more innocent time, and because news didn't travel around the globe at the speed of optical fibre, this bootleg Wonder Woman comic was able to make it to eight whole issues before it was shut down.
tumblr_5a7bf6d4d77eb4b9614e0878f45159ed_56188ba7_2048.jpg
tumblr_5a7bf6d4d77eb4b9614e0878f45159ed_56188ba7_2048.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1100 times
Now fan DrMuttonChops has tracked down copies of five of the eight issues, shipped them back to the good ol' US of A, and translated them into English. I've made a post on my own blog with links to each of his five translations. By all means comment and like my post, but please don't forget to like and comment on MuttonChop's original issue posts too.

Link: Merciful Minerva! A stack of rare tv Wonder Woman bootleg comics uncovered, and translated!

R5
jlocke
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Wow! Thank you very much for this. Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman is my all time favorite!

There's some peril and a KO scene:
08.jpg
08.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1045 times
09.jpg
09.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1045 times
05.jpg
05.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1045 times
argento
Overlord
Overlord

There were many Mo-Pa-Sa magazines inspired by television series. It is true that no royalties were paid to their producers, some titles such as Mannix, Two Daring Guys, The Magician, The Bionic Woman, Nuclear Man, Planet of the Apes.
Here is my "like". :thumbup:
kaisme
Neophyte
Neophyte

Great comic! Thank you