My Next Story

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.

Would you pay to read a story about a heroine hunter?

Yes
22%
No
15%
I only read if it's free
37%
Shut up Tracy and finish your Supergirl Story!
15%
Like... with real money?
4%
Pikachu.
7%

Total votes: 27
L.M. Tracy
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hello SH fans! I have an exciting idea for a new series of short stories that I may publish. It is about a villain that hunts down superheroines for their powers and takes them for his own! The possibilities would be endless and it could make for a really exciting plot over the length of the series. All the superheroines would be original of course because I don't own the rights to the famous girls, but I don't think that will take way from the spirit of the genre. Powerful sexy women in peril against near impossible odds. Sounds like a recipe for fun to me! :evil:

Let me know what you guys and gals think!

~Tracy
Jack Perry's Lady Luck is now available in all formats on SmashWords.com!
L.M. Tracy Blog follow my random postings if you want to get to know me.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Tracy the trouble with paying for the Heroine Hunter would be is I'd only be interested in DC SUperheroines being hunted and if you did those sooner rather then later DC would pay a visit to you. That's why MR X created MS Americana.
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

In the first place, where would you publish short stories?

In the second place, such stories would not be superheroine stories, they would be villain stories. In other words, the villain is the central character. I'm sorry but that does not appeal to me at all. In a superheroine story, I want the heroine to win. But in fairness I should add that I don't like vampires either, so what do I know about what's popular? I only know what I like!
L.M. Tracy
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Yes DC would have my head, but nothing wrong with having similar characters as them. I do enjoy many DC characters myself and it would be fun to figure out ways to re-invent them in my own way.

I can see how the villain's POV could be a turn off. I don't know what is popular either, lol this is why I am asking for direction. I want to write for the fans and make them happy. :)
It does not matter to me what POV I write in as long as I can write fun stories people enjoy about a subject I share interest in.

When I started writing this story I had the video of Nighthawk and Dr. Dearth in my head. The story was a recall of his victory over the heroine and I found that to be a turn on.

As far as publishing goes, right now I publish through amazon for kindle and kindle apps. I am looking into other ways to publish Ebola and hope to find a PDF publisher so it can reach fans easier. Erotica is not welcomed by many sites!
Centurion
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

In my experience, trying to write what other people say they like doesn't work, because you end up just repeating the same stuff over and over again. Write the stories that YOU would want to read. That's the only way to be original. I think that's what people really want -- some twist that they've never seen before.
L.M. Tracy
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Centurion wrote:In my experience, trying to write what other people say they like doesn't work, because you end up just repeating the same stuff over and over again. Write the stories that YOU would want to read. That's the only way to be original. I think that's what people really want -- some twist that they've never seen before.
That's very true Centurion. I don't think I could ever write something I didn't want to read, because if I did I would not be putting my efforts forward.
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

L.M. Tracy wrote:Hello SH fans! I have an exciting idea for a new series of short stories that I may publish. It is about a villain that hunts down superheroines for their powers and takes them for his own! The possibilities would be endless and it could make for a really exciting plot over the length of the series. All the superheroines would be original of course because I don't own the rights to the famous girls, but I don't think that will take way from the spirit of the genre. Powerful sexy women in peril against near impossible odds. Sounds like a recipe for fun to me! :evil:

Let me know what you guys and gals think!

~Tracy
I think it could be interesting, how much were you thinking of selling the stories for?

The Dark Lord Returns -Ruby Guardian Now On Sale! (SHG-Media)
Neophyte Lvl 2

I was thinking of asking .99 cents a story, they are short after all.
Dr.Morticus
Producer
Producer

L.M. Tracy wrote:I was thinking of asking .99 cents a story, they are short after all.
Well that does seem reasonable. You did take the time to write them out. I noticed your book linked in your sig is Kindle. I don't know how many people have a kindle, but you might want to make it easier to get if you wish to tell them.

The Dark Lord Returns -Ruby Guardian Now On Sale! (SHG-Media)
Emissary

I can't object to the price you suggest. And I agree that writing a story that you would like to read yourself is usually the way to ensure others will like it too, as well as being true to yourself.

I think if the villain is a well-written and intriguing character than you would have a great basis for a continuing series. And the same is true with the heroines. If they are memorable and sexy and of your own creation, I would be interested in reading such a series.

However, you must be forewarned that many, many readers ONLY like to read about the major heroines of DC or Marvel and if they're not there, its very hard to get them interested long enough to stick with your work.

I wish you good luck and look forward to your endeavors but you will have a tough row to hoe. I will be one of those purchasing your work. I don't own a Kindle though so I do hope it will be made available in other formats.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
L.M. Tracy
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

DrDominator9 wrote:I can't object to the price you suggest. And I agree that writing a story that you would like to read yourself is usually the way to ensure others will like it too, as well as being true to yourself.

I think if the villain is a well-written and intriguing character than you would have a great basis for a continuing series. And the same is true with the heroines. If they are memorable and sexy and of your own creation, I would be interested in reading such a series.

However, you must be forewarned that many, many readers ONLY like to read about the major heroines of DC or Marvel and if they're not there, its very hard to get them interested long enough to stick with your work.

I wish you good luck and look forward to your endeavors but you will have a tough row to hoe. I will be one of those purchasing your work. I don't own a Kindle though so I do hope it will be made available in other formats.
Thank you Dr. D, I agree it will be a challenge. I will do my best! :)