Pantyhose or Bare Legs??

General discussions about superheroines!

Pantyhose or Bare Legs?

Pantyhose
60%
Bare Legs
28%
Don't Care
13%

Total votes: 80
Superman246o1
Henchman
Henchman

Bare legs.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

peter75 wrote: I rest my case.
Gomur wrote:Check.

Mate.
You're both assuming there's an argument to be "won" as if a pantyhose preference is some sort of stupid mistake which can be corrected if you can just tell nylon fetishists where they've gone wrong. (A bit like those hokum therapies to "cure" gay people.) It's fine for people to say why they prefer bare legs, but why must there be this this disrespectful attitude that nobody could legitimately prefer girls in pantyhose over bare-legged girls?

I doubt any pantyhose fan is going to slap their forehead and shout "I didn't even think of how good glistening sweaty legs look. I've been turned on by the wrong thing all these years!"

Honestly, you can't argue against a fetish. By all means request that producers serve your preference too, but please acknowledge that other people have a different idea of what's sexy.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

I'll add my opinion here. I'm a fan of bare legs, but it is not a deal breaker for me. If a heroine has to wear pantyhose then I want them flesh tone (like you can't tell she's wearing hose).

Now I have nothing against colored tights, so long as they match the heroine's costume. Here's just one example (forgive the movie reference that the image is from) of what I mean.
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos ... 0-1024.jpg

Now one thing I can't stand is skin toned tights/pantyhose that are shiny. To me that just screams fake.

In summary, my opinion is that a heroine's legs are showing, I want them bare.
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Heroine Addict wrote:
peter75 wrote: I rest my case.
Gomur wrote:Check.

Mate.
You're both assuming there's an argument to be "won" as if a pantyhose preference is some sort of stupid mistake which can be corrected if you can just tell nylon fetishists where they've gone wrong. (A bit like those hokum therapies to "cure" gay people.) It's fine for people to say why they prefer bare legs, but why must there be this this disrespectful attitude that nobody could legitimately prefer girls in pantyhose over bare-legged girls?

I doubt any pantyhose fan is going to slap their forehead and shout "I didn't even think of how good glistening sweaty legs look. I've been turned on by the wrong thing all these years!"

Honestly, you can't argue against a fetish. By all means request that producers serve your preference too, but please acknowledge that other people have a different idea of what's sexy.
Looking through Page 1, you'll find several pro-pantyhose posters who spoke their minds like there was an argument to be "won". Yours is the correct answer, ultimately, but I figured I'd give a strong shout out for my stance. Once more... with feeling...

Bare Legs for the WIN! :yahoo:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

This is such a crazy topic!! lol-- in our latest release, I'm glad we have both, even though part 1 is more on the tights/pantyhose side--

Logan
Eagle
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Since this thread seems to be for stating preferences and tallying them (and not for arguing) I'll vote. Bare legs all the way. Big time wedgies that start off small over the course of the video. And boots on the whole time.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

Eagle wrote:Since this thread seems to be for stating preferences and tallying them (and not for arguing) I'll vote. Bare legs all the way. Big time wedgies that start off small over the course of the video. And boots on the whole time.
Boots!

Boots hide part of her legs! No boots all the way. Boots off the whole time.

No boots! For the WIN! :yahoo:

Just joking, but with you having a boot fetish, I'd think you could understand others liking a certain part of a heroines costume and it really sucking when others attempt to have that part of the costume left out.
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Incubus wrote:
Eagle wrote:Since this thread seems to be for stating preferences and tallying them (and not for arguing) I'll vote. Bare legs all the way. Big time wedgies that start off small over the course of the video. And boots on the whole time.
Boots!

Boots hide part of her legs! No boots all the way. Boots off the whole time.

No boots! For the WIN! :yahoo:

Just joking, but with you having a boot fetish, I'd think you could understand others liking a certain part of a heroines costume and it really sucking when others attempt to have that part of the costume left out.
Although you don't see panty-hose on Wonder Woman or Supergirl in the comic books. Boots? All the time. So I could flip your argument and say "it really sucking when others attempt to have that inaccurate part of the costume added on."

Honestly, if peril videos do employ panty-hose, I at least want it to be as close to flesh tone and inconspicuous as possible. I'm not sure if that ruins the fetish for others or if the hose needs an eye-catching sheen.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

We're not interacting with comic book artists about getting a custom comic made. We're interacting with producers who make moving pictures, movies.

You do see Wonder Woman in pantyhose, there's years of shows. So pantyhose are an accurate part of the costume.

And as you say, it is really sucking, when others attempt to have the costume portrayed in an inaccurate manner.

The shows Wonder Woman wore suntan pantyhose.

Your flip, flopped.
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Incubus wrote:
Your flip, flopped.
truthordare
Neophyte
Neophyte

Bare legs. And for that matter, bare arms too, or cap sleeves. Too long, or long, sleeves are a show stopper for me. As much as I love a pair of powerful legs on a girl, I'm also a confessed arm fetishist, and love a girl with muscular arms. And such girls are perfect candidates for this genre. I realize that this could be a separate discussion altogether, but I have always felt that the seat of a strong girl's power is her arms.

But yeah... bare those legs.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

Gomur wrote:
Incubus wrote:
Your flip, flopped.
Salutations
Gomur
Henchman
Henchman

Incubus wrote:
Gomur wrote:
Incubus wrote:
Your flip, flopped.
Salutations
It's hard for me to argue against anything Lynda Carter. Her Wonder Woman series was a pivotal part of my fetish forming years. That and fitness magazines at local drug stores. For some reason though, the gorilla suit and panty-hose never imprinted. Maybe I was stuck admiring, um, the upper part of her costume. :yes:
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

man, this is like asking "which would you rather drive, a Ferrari or a Lamborghini" I've always been a fan of the bare legs; I think if the superheroine is fit and athletic, then show off the legs! There are times when the costume dictates otherwise, like Batgirl or Electra Woman for example, but if you're talking about a heroine in a Wonder Woman-like costume that is going to reveal her athletic body, then bare legs all the way! Like someone mentioned above, the suntan hose on Lynda Carter's WW only made it look fake....if WW is already wearing a very revealing costume, why bother with pantyhose?! I'm sure it was for modesty reasons to make it a safe kid-friendly show, but can you imagine what Lynda would have looked like if she didn't wear hose with that costume?! Imagine that in your mind's eye and that's my answer
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

avenger wrote:man, this is like asking "which would you rather drive, a Ferrari or a Lamborghini" I've always been a fan of the bare legs; I think if the superheroine is fit and athletic, then show off the legs! There are times when the costume dictates otherwise, like Batgirl or Electra Woman for example, but if you're talking about a heroine in a Wonder Woman-like costume that is going to reveal her athletic body, then bare legs all the way! Like someone mentioned above, the suntan hose on Lynda Carter's WW only made it look fake....if WW is already wearing a very revealing costume, why bother with pantyhose?! I'm sure it was for modesty reasons to make it a safe kid-friendly show, but can you imagine what Lynda would have looked like if she didn't wear hose with that costume?! Imagine that in your mind's eye and that's my answer
Ferrari. ;)
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

avenger wrote:if WW is already wearing a very revealing costume, why bother with pantyhose?
To make her look hotter.

Lynda Carter looked perfect in that costume. Lynda was fit and athletic, she had a very athletic body and did show off her legs, to the appreciation of many.

And yes, I can imagine what Lynda would have looked like if she didn't wear hose with that costume. ---> Less than perfect.

Also, the suntan hose on Lynda Carter's WW only made what look fake? Nobody's pretending her legs are bare and she's not wearing hose. We know it, and lots of us like it.

You say, she wore them for modesty reasons, like for sure?

Yeah, pretty girls in pantyhose gives tons of guys massive hard ons, huge throbbing erections. Can't get more kid-friendly than that.

Enough wood to build a city, definitely makes it a safe kid-friendly show.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

Gomur wrote:Maybe I was stuck admiring, um, the upper part of her costume. :yes:
I admired every inch of her.
peter75
Henchman
Henchman

If you like hose, I respect that but let clarify a few points...

1. pantyhose are for covering stuff up more than they are showing stuff off. If a girls legs are not smooth and chunky, pantyhose are used to cover that up. And I'm pretty sure if a beautiful girl puts a tight dress on, most don't prefer pantyhose to cover her gorgeous legs.
At least not here in Florida!!

Do you think the Wondergirl actress in Power Play puts hose on when she has a night on the town? Please...

2. the reason why I am so adamantly against them is because they are starting to take over the heroine genre and it is frustrating. I wish it could be at least 50-50. Then I could maybe live with it. But it's becoming more 80-20 as far as videos that come out. Look at the latest :Power of Vod from Ultraheroix...there goes another!!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

hey incubus, no need to bark at me man! I knew I shouldn't have commented on such a hot-button topic, but geez, dude, you took it way too seriously I think. This is definitely a passionate issue and brings out the best, and sometimes worst, in people. I thought Lynda's legs would have beeen better served without the hose back then, now.....maybe not.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

peter75 wrote:If you like hose, I respect that but let clarify a few points...

1. pantyhose are for covering stuff up more than they are showing stuff off. If a girls legs are not smooth and chunky, pantyhose are used to cover that up. And I'm pretty sure if a beautiful girl puts a tight dress on, most don't prefer pantyhose to cover her gorgeous legs.

Do you think the Wondergirl actress in Power Play puts hose on when she has a night on the town? Please...

2. the reason why I am so adamantly against them is because they are starting to take over the heroine genre and it is frustrating. I wish it could be at least 50-50. Then I could maybe live with it. But it's becoming more 80-20 as far as videos that come out. Look at the latest :Power of Vod from Ultraheroix...there goes another!!
Yes, lets clarify.

"pantyhose are for covering stuff up more than they are showing stuff off."

You're making uncorroborated assertions. How do you know that, have you taken a world wide poll?

"If a girls legs are not smooth and chunky, pantyhose are used to cover that up. And I'm pretty sure if a beautiful girl puts a tight dress on, most don't prefer pantyhose to cover her gorgeous legs. At least not here in Florida!!"

Have you polled the entire state of Florida? Once more you're making meritless conclusions.

"Do you think the Wondergirl actress in Power Play puts hose on when she has a night on the town? Please..."

Do you factually know she doesn't? I know girls with great legs, as hot as her, that have worn short, tight, little black mini dresses, with dark hose and heels. For all you know the Power Play girl could have a pantyhose fetish. You don't know, it's foolish to act like you do.

"the reason why I am so adamantly against them is because they are starting to take over the heroine genre and it is frustrating. I wish it could be at least 50-50. Then I could maybe live with it. But it's becoming more 80-20 as far as videos that come out. Look at the latest :Power of Vod from Ultraheroix...there goes another!!"

I'm all about fairness, 50-50 is fair. Not only fair but smart. Producers casting a wide net, gaining guys who like heroines with bare legs and guys who like heroines in pantyhose, is good for business. If there's a producer who's 80-20, I would be happy to back you up, asking for it to be more fair, closer to 50-50.

Rye/Punished Heroines makes great movies but the difference there is about 90-10. The models are mostly bare legged. Would you make a request for them to have it more fair 50-50. Are you really all about fairness, you need to ask yourself that.
Incubus
Henchman
Henchman

avenger wrote:hey incubus, no need to bark at me man! I knew I shouldn't have commented on such a hot-button topic, but geez, dude, you took it way too seriously I think. This is definitely a passionate issue and brings out the best, and sometimes worst, in people. I thought Lynda's legs would have beeen better served without the hose back then, now.....maybe not.
If you interpreted me as being too serious, it can be attributed to the sentence below.

"I'm sure it was for modesty reasons to make it a safe kid-friendly show"

How can you be "sure" of something unless you were there and asked or overheard the reasoning?

Maybe you were just making flippant assumptions and I shouldn't have taken them seriously.

Regardless of the intent, I was only offering an alternate perspective.

The problem is that again and again guys who like bare legs continuously provide unsubstantiated reasoning why some girls wear pantyhose, and they refuse to acknowledge the obvious. Which is, to some people wearing hose is sexy.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

peter75 wrote:If you like hose, I respect that but let clarify a few points...

People in "The Sunshine State" wear fewer garments? Who knew? I bet glove-wearing is unusual in Florida too?
peter75 wrote:Do you think the Wondergirl actress in Power Play puts hose on when she has a night on the town? Please...
Surely it depends on the occasion and the temperature? I would suggest that she might well wear pantyhose on occasions when she wants to show off her legs, but doesn't want to catch a chill. As I see it, that's exactly why sheer hosiery was invented in the first place; as a way of ladies being dressed while still showing off their shapely legs.

You're falling into the trap of thinking that what you like to see is objectively sexy. If your tastes were a universal measure of sexiness, the burlesque movement would not exist. Do you think those girls wear tights and basques and gloves to look sexy or unsexy to a certain audience?
peter75 wrote:2. the reason why I am so adamantly against them is because they are starting to take over the heroine genre and it is frustrating. I wish it could be at least 50-50. Then I could maybe live with it. But it's becoming more 80-20 as far as videos that come out. Look at the latest :Power of Vod from Ultraheroix...there goes another!!
There's an element of confirmation bias in any perceived disparity. (People highlight the data that proves their point.) With so many titles being released every week, it would be difficult to accurately assess.

Just taking a glance at the Superheroines section of clips4sale, pantyhose/tights don't seem to be in anywhere near 80% of the videos. (I might well be wrong, though. More analysis is required.) As you have already said that "pantyhose is like pants", are you lumping pantyhose in with catsuits, unitards, fishnets and other leg-covering garments to get the 80% estimate?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

peter75 wrote:2. the reason why I am so adamantly against them is because they are starting to take over the heroine genre and it is frustrating. I wish it could be at least 50-50. Then I could maybe live with it. But it's becoming more 80-20 as far as videos that come out. Look at the latest :Power of Vod from Ultraheroix...there goes another!!
There's an element of confirmation bias in any perceived disparity. (People highlight the data that proves their point.) With so many titles being released every week, it would be difficult to accurately assess.

Just taking a glance at the Superheroines section of clips4sale, pantyhose/tights don't seem to be in anywhere near 80% of the videos. (I might well be wrong, though. More analysis is required.) As you have already said that "pantyhose is like pants", are you lumping pantyhose in with catsuits, unitards, fishnets and other leg-covering garments to get the 80% estimate?[/quote]

Many times, this is by choice of the actress-- at least in our case. Performing stunt work and walking around on set for days at a time is just more comfortable to many actresses when they are in pantyhose with the costume-- whether the audience prefers it or not…

Logan
Eagle
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Incubus wrote: Just joking, but with you having a boot fetish, I'd think you could understand others liking a certain part of a heroines costume and it really sucking when others attempt to have that part of the costume left out.
Haha, absolutely agree that everyone's got their thing. That's why I only voted and didn't say why and/or why everyone else is wrong.
Razerriddick
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

:wolverine:
Last edited by Razerriddick 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Razerriddick
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

galla wrote:
theScribbler wrote:Stripped of hose scene, thumbs up.
There is something very erotic about seeing a proud goddess lose her hose.
I quite like to see the hose removed and then worn over the heroine's face as a form of humiliation. Camvoy (AKA Paladin City) did this a few times.

There's something really eerie about a screaming face in a stocking mask.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Heroine Addict wrote: There's something really eerie about a screaming face in a stocking mask.
When you put it that way, it sounds kind of like a horror movie... :blink:
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Fender or Gibson? Glock or Beretta? While some decisions require more research, for me the choice between bare legs and pantyhose is easier than choosing a gun or guitar: I much prefer bare legs even though the only tv or movie super heroine that I know of that was bare legged was Isis and the Helen Slater Supergirl.....I grew up in the 70s and Wonder Woman was a huge part of my 'sexual awakening ' and always wished Lynda Carter didn't wear pantyhose under the costume. I just like the smooth, muscular appearance of bare legs, and some models / costumes look better with bare legs, in my opinion. A large part of that appeal comes from wishing I'd get a peek of Lynda's lady parts or bush from under her costume when I was a kid.....imagine what we could've seen in some of those episodes had she not been wearing pantyhose!? When it comes to deciding on a super heroine movie, one of the deciding factors for me is the bare legs.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

avenger wrote:...and some models / costumes look better with bare legs, in my opinion.
Agree 100%. We handle this on a per-actress/per-costyme Basis. I feel this is the best way anyway since this argument/debate is pretty much 50-50 divided right down the middle.
Razerriddick
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

galla wrote:
Logan wrote:
avenger wrote:...and some models / costumes look better with bare legs, in my opinion.
Agree 100%. We handle this on a per-actress/per-costyme Basis. I feel this is the best way anyway since this argument/debate is pretty much 50-50 divided right down the middle.
Why do you suppose that is?
The same reason people like pepperoni vs cheese pizza? People just like what they like...
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Why was this topic reignited? Lets just let this rest and keep giving us a nice variety to please both sides.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mamooche24 wrote:Why was this topic reignited? Lets just let this rest and keep giving us a nice variety to please both sides.
lol I have no idea-- it's from 2013...
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Logan wrote:Well, I'm probably opening up Pandora's Box here (as I've seen on other forums), but I would like to know what you prefer:

PANTYHOSE

or

BARE LEGS

??? - oh, and here's the kicker:

AND WHY?!?!?!?
I like both and it's certainly no deal breaker for me either way, but if I had to choose I prefer bare legs, and I will gladly tell you why.

(a) I love womens' legs. They are my favorite body part. I want to see them in all their glory. Some have said that pantyhose tone the legs and make them better. While this is true in a practical sense, as they do obviously "tone" the legs, I have very rarely seen a model's/actor's/etc pair of legs in need of such toning. To me legs are great just as they are, so for me that point doesn't hold much weight. In fact, hose only serve to blur and hide the legs' true beauty. They obscure the true skin tones and textures; they constrain and mute the true motion physics of the muscle and fat of the legs, and they even hide the color.

...And don't get me started on "nude" or flesh-toned hose. That to me is an uncanny valley thing. If you're gonna go hose, just pick a color. Black, blue, white, yellow, pink, whatever. Don't try to hide what you are. If I'm being really picky, nude hose reminds me of granny style....

(b) And then there's the other reason, which is the projected fantasy or thought of physical skin to skin contact. If, for instance, a heroine is captured and tied AOH in the wizards dungeon, and the wizards hands are running up and down her body, to me it's a lot sexier if his bare hands touch the bare skin of her legs. To me, if his hands touch hose, she might as well be wearing jeans. There just isn't as much vulnerability there for me. That said, touching pantyhosed legs is pretty enjoyable in it's own way.
Ave atque vale
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

mrestfla wrote:3rd picture down..... :thumbup:
http://en.nolapeles.com/2011/07/28/wond ... o-the-web/
Errr, but why is she with the guy from The Hills Have Eyes again? (Who incidentally looks thrilled to be with her) :whistle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Nemesis
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I prefer pantyhose. They look very sexy. Battle damaged pantyhose are hot too.
kwood138
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Hose Please!! Nude or bright pastels for the heroine and/or the villainess. I have often purchased a video that lacked content just because of the costumes.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

kwood138 wrote:Hose Please!! Nude or bright pastels for the heroine and/or the villainess. I have often purchased a video that lacked content just because of the costumes.
When you say colored pastel hose, you mean leggings, right? Unless there's something I've missed?
kwood138
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I meant bright colored pantyhose, light blue, reds, yellows etc. The sort of hose Electra Woman and Dyna Girl wore.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I feel like the bare legs crowd is far more vocal in their disappointment when they see a vid with pantyhose than vice versa lol
Dave
Sargeant
Sargeant

Well I had promised myself that I would not get into yet another discussion of this, what are we up to 10, 20? But here goes, while I prefer heroine bare legs, I don't mind a pair of hose if they are not to thick, or have that thick gusset in the crotch. Maybe we can finally put this to bed?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

As we all know, I've ALWAYS been a tights/pantyhose guy. But on occasion, if the model/actress has the gams, I don't mind seeing a bare leg once in a while, but I lose interest in that after a while.
Ezekiel
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Most hosery makes me physically sick. I feel like throwing up whenever I see it. Weird, I know. Nothing against leggings and yoga pants though, those are awesome. Bare legs forever.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Ezekiel wrote:Most hosery makes me physically sick. I feel like throwing up whenever I see it. Weird, I know. Nothing against leggings and yoga pants though, those are awesome. Bare legs forever.
I agree with this. Pantyhose are gross to me too lol but I'm not the viewer so it is what it is... When a model/actress has legs that NEED to be in pantyhose, that's one thing... but to put an actress in pantyhose who has good legs and skin just for the sake of that plastic look-- I don't personally understand that... but I relate this to physical touch rather than the visual aesthetic I guess-- pantyhose feel gross...
LtStrange
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Difficult to say. It depends on the costume. I tend to lean towards pantyhose in general but I want them to be shiny with leotard in that case or just leggings preferably wet look or metallic fabric. But it also depend on the actress... Non are a deal breaker for me.
free391
Neophyte
Neophyte

Pantyhose, for me Lynda Carter started it all. I wasn't really aware until Wonder Woman came to TV and I was never the same. Not discounting bare legs either, they have their own merits.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just a preference no need for a "war" about it.I can't really even describe WHY I prefer pantyhose over bare legs I just do.If you are a pantyhose fan you will understand anyway :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is it the shiny look?The cotton gusset?That line of shine that runs all the way down her leg or.................or..............excuse me its cold shower time!!!!!!!!!! :)
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

But doesn't the pantyhose tend to flatten out the crotch area? I think that's what I noticed with the WW costume, especially in seasons 2/3 and you certainly notice it in a lot of promotional pics as well