Wicked : Show No Mercy (2013)

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 2 hrs 35 mins
Just before I start this review I wanna say I'm sorry for the long gap between this and my update, Christmas was really busy so I had no time to do any reviews so thanks for your patience and I hope you enjoy!

Wicked : Show No Mercy stars Alexis Monroe, Anikka Albrite, Mischa Brooks, Molly Bennett and Eva Lovia as the muses of Ciria ; a well sought after group of supereheroines all with a unique gift that together can grant them the power of the universe, so villain Lord Zuru is now sending his men one by one to ambush and personally defeat them till there is no one left and all that is left is what every villain wants ; Power.

And the first thing that I noticed about this film was the way it felt like an American interpretation of the Japanese GIGA Heroine films (Bat Angel, Spandexxer, Wonder Lady) with its costume/set design, unique direction and the way the story progressed itself, which was a pleasant surprise for me (someone who loves JAV films so much that he named himself after them).

And one thing I was worried about was how commercial adult films usually stop the dialogue, story or even a hint of the character you've just been watching in substitution for a sex scene that goes on forever and has no undertones or thought behind it, But luckily I was pleasantly surprised to find alot of dialogue in these scenes with also some really clever role-reversal in the writing too, they also cut the sex scenes down a lot to really get to the point making the sex scenes move alot faster than most commercial adult films do while also being extremely well directed and varied in its shot too so that you're guaranteed not to be bored during any of these scenes.

And another great positive is the costumes, all being distinctly unique from each other and titillating in their own ways, my personal favourites are Serafina's(Alexis Monroe) which consisted of eye catching blue spandex with yellow striping plus some great boots with that same busy colour scheme, plus Sappho's(Eva Lovia) consisting completely of leather particularly leg warmers, her top and shorts aswell as a diamond covered bra which altogether is a really absorbing combination to watch her perform in.

The acting is solid all-round with no actress having an extremely poor or amateur feel to their performances, and all again being able to titillate at a distinct and solid pace individually throughout, I personally love Serafina with her delightfully alluring performance/provocatively curvaceous body which made a perfect combination and really had an effect on me long afterwards. Andromeda was also really good having alot of cockiness and alot of personality to her character aswell as some sensuality and provocativeness too.

The writing as said before is really innovative with its role reversal having the heroine taunting her attackers instead of it being the other way around and instead of her being reluctant and them forcing pleasure upon her instead she overtly displays her pleasure in spite while they try to put pain upon her as really any superheroine would be prone to these sort of attacks and would be cocky and have a natural power over any situation, which makes it so when she slowly starts to show genuine fear for her wellbeing it is tons more rewarding because of that detail, the dialogue is all sharp, to the point and well done while not being abundant or particularly too original, but because of all the other originality this film brings this really isn't a problem.

The soundtrack is an interesting mix of techno and dubstep it works surprisingly well with the bright and busy sci-fi visuals the film gives us, although sometimes it can overpower the dialogue and some levelling would have been nice in these scenes for sure.

The fight scenes when they occur are well done with great sound effects and the performers really selling each hit.

Yet with all this good I am now going to have to address some negatives, a big one being the length which as it goes on makes the film feel less and less tight and more and more unrestrained and superfluous, and while for every filler story there is a much more dialogue filled/inventive one to counter it, this aspect just really makes me wish they'd have kept the three effective sequences and then cut out all the rest which would have made it a highly more satisfying and concise piece of work.

So overall this film does alot of things right with it's innovative situations/characters, great costumes and acting aswell as being a homage to the Japanese GIGA heroine films. and there are three segments in particular where this is all done really well. yet with that there are others that feel unimportant, uninspired and rushed (in both their setups and writing) yet with that I still feel overall that this is worth the watch for how much interesting things it does right for the superheroine genre and if you feel you can appreciate a small bit of bad for predominant amount of good then I definitely have to recommend this film.
8.5/10

Side Note : If you feel you wouldn't be able to stand a little bad for alot of good then the three segments I particularly loved and would recommend as their own experiences are : Serafina's : 0:02:55 Andromeda's : 0:53:57 and Queen Valeska's : 1:32:47

Buy It Here :

http://www.avn.com/movies/40345.html

My blog where you can find all my other reviews aswell as this one :

http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/