DC Universe Online...

All Online Games!
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

Has anyone played the DC Universe online game yet? I was a fan of "City of heroes" for a few years and I created some cool super heroine characters. I am tempted to play but I was hoping to hear some feedback first. I'd love to get back to playing this type of game and creating and recreating some old characters of mine.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

I played the beta. The customization in nothing like "City of Heroes" and left me wanting more. That being said, there did seem to be a story line that was believable and you actually got to interact with some pretty big names in the DC Universe. Is more action-based and you feel like your actually fighting your enemies. Overall I really enjoyed it and if I had money, I'd be playing it right now :-D
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Try Champions Online, very similar to COH(same developer I believe) but much more fun. Just as much if not more costume customization and right now you can play it for free with no monthly fee.

The only difference is if you want the free form archetypes with power selection and some other goodies you have to get the paid version. The free version has preset archetypes you have to choose from, but it's still a fun game and it has a good range of powers you can select even in the free version.

Not sure about DCU, was thinking about checking it out, but more of a Marvel fan and once I got on Champions just kept playing that, especially since it's free.

A shame that COH is nowhere near as popular as it once was. I had a ton of cool heroes and superheroines on it, but then my server became one of the ghost towns and I wasn't going to pay $10 a toon to transfer them all over to a populated server. Sadly there are really only 1-2 active servers left on that game.