City Of Heroes

All Online Games!
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

I was wondering if anyone else here plays "city of heroes", the online game where you can create superheroes-heroines. If there are a couple we could create a supergroup of Blue Angels and schoolgirl squad.
hypnoform
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I've been wanting to play CoHs for a while now. Can you play with dial-up, how much does it cost a month?
You look like you could use some sleep my dear. Let me help.
dajinx1
Producer
Producer

yeah, you can use dial-up but is best played on a higher-speed. I've seen people use dial-up and they were fine. It's roughly 16.95 a month but if you have it subscribed for a few months at a time or year it's even cheaper.

It's good fun though, Ive been playing for a year and a half.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is a link for anyone that is interested...

http://www.cityofheroes.com/

MH
Crimson Quill
Neophyte
Neophyte

Some of you may be interested to know that there's a City of Heroes supergroup, and a companion City of Villains villain group, for tickling fans. The hero group is Ticklish Justice, the villain group is Ticklish Malice, and both are on the Victory server.

If you play, have a character on Victory, and are interested in joining up, send a /tell or in-game e-mail to Mystic Feather or Crimson Quill on the hero side, or to Vellicatrix or Laughing Demoness on villain side. The more, the merrier!
Amaniwolf
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I play City of Heroes as well, there's actually a Heroine Peril channel on the game. At least on Virtue Server. There are quite a few fans of heroine peril in the game. :D
The road goes ever on and on...
PURPLE_LEOTARD
Neophyte
Neophyte

I jave 3 heroes
Primrose
Yellow Druid
deathbecomesher

and two villnas on COV
TightsOfDeath
Purple Leotard

All on Justice Sever.
Attachments
screenshot_2006-08-06-11-55-54.jpg
screenshot_2006-08-06-11-55-54.jpg (344.04 KiB) Viewed 4066 times
Anonymous

Sounds pretty cool. I'm a HUGE gaming fanatic (computer + all consoles) so I'm going to pickup COH/COV next week and check it out. Forming a super group based on some of the characters here would be cool (or joining an existing group of fans of this site). Some of those groups sound like they're right up our alley... :D

JPC
Crimson Quill
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hope you do try it out! Just keep in mind that a character who's too close to a "real" superheroine, in looks, name, or both, will probably get generic-ed by the gamemasters. They've already had to deal with one lawsuit from Marvel, so they're very careful about that kind of thing.

I've got a ton of heroines, but here's the Crimson Quill herself:
Attachments
cq.JPG
cq.JPG (16.99 KiB) Viewed 4033 times
Crimson Quill
Neophyte
Neophyte

By the way, I tried to join the Heroine Peril channel -- if it's a global channel, server shouldn't matter -- but I was told it was private.
WndrWmn28
Producer
Producer

You know, I REALLY wanted to buy this game, but I didn't know if it'd be worth it to pay the online fee monthly, is it easy to find an open game?
Crimson Quill
Neophyte
Neophyte

There's always plenty of things to do. You can run missions solo, join a temporary team or form one of your own, wander around exploring and fighting street crime, test yourself against other players in the arena or one of the PVP (player vs. player) zones, or just hang out and chat or roleplay.