Top Five Favorite TV Series

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Bert

#1 Buffy The Vampire Slayer
So much here to like. Seven years worth of shows, fantastic writing, usually at least a little peril in every episode and a sexy heroine who could play vulnerable as well as powerful. For a fairly mainstream show, Buffy took some serious punishment over the years, and they never used the quick edit approach to shooting the fight scenes, so you can actually tell what's going on. Fantastic show.

#2 The Avengers (the Emma Peel seasons)
One of the very first empowered female characters on TV, and still one of the best. Many excellent fight scenes with some give and take, bondage, damsel in distress, and a truly beautiful woman with real acting chops.

#3 Black Scorpion
Complete camp and not a good show at all, but lots of fighting, some bondage, a great costume and a very beautiful actress. The quality of the fight scenes varies a lot from one episode to the next, but there is some pretty good stuff here.

#4 The Queen of Swords
Unfortunately not available on DVD yet, but a series with a stunningly beautiful heroine and some very nice sword fighting. Not much peril but worth watching for the fights.

#5 Wonder Woman
So much potential, but so little good action. Still, Lynda Carter could sure fill out that costume, and there were a handful of good fights, like the Zardor, Gargantua and the shape changer wildman.
Superman246o1
Henchman
Henchman

5) Electra Woman & Dyna Girl
Despite its ridiculously limited budget -- there were cable local access shows that had better production values -- this one is a classic for me. Deidre Hall filled out the tights amazingly, and despite how campy the show was, she never seemed to phone it in. The peril was downright comical at times (Electra Woman was once subdued by the power of 70s disco-rock), but Deidre played it straight, with electra-amazing results.

Not sure if Saturday Morning TV Show or Local Production of Godspell Gone Wrong

4) Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends
Spider-Man is awesome, of course, and Iceman had decent powers. But I watched this show for Firestar. There's something about a redhead in a skintight outfit that displays copious amounts of camel toe. And of course, there were plenty of opportunities to exploit her weakness: sensitivity to cold. I loved how often she succumbed to the supervillains, even though I can now spot the absurdity of how frequently she was rendered powerless.

[youtube][/youtube]
Seriously? A heat-seeking boomerang that releases a freezing spray? Seriously?

3) She-Ra
The He-Man show sometimes had a hint of peril involving the Sorceress or Teela. But since She-Ra was the star of her own TV show, she had to go up against the majority of the threats. More often than not, she handled various enemies with ease, so the show wasn't quite as perilous as it could have been. But considering that the show was generally built around developing a message of empowerment for young girls, I couldn't complain about the opportunity to see a hot blonde in a miniskirt fighting against mythic foes.

A miniskirt that, tragically, was always just long enough.

2) Batman (1960s Version)
The 1960s Batgirl was somewhat similar to Firestar above, but taken to the next level. Hot redhead in a skintight outfit? Check. Absurd villains? Check. Corny dialogue and dated music? Check. But Yvonne Craig became an iconic fantasy for me in this role. Although heroic, the number of times that she was rendered helpless would be hilarious...if it weren't so erotic.

[youtube][/youtube]
Not exactly a scene from The Dark Knight.

1) Wonder Woman
The greatest of all TV superheroines. Lynda Carter portrayed one of the most iconic -- some would say THE most iconic -- superheroine depicted on the television screen to date. Watching this program is what first piqued my interest in the genre, although at the time, I was just a child that knew there was something "special" about every time Diana Prince transformed into Wonder Woman. True, the peril scenes were rarely perilous enough, and she often encountered easy-to-defeat "archvillains". Nevertheless, we've rarely been treated to a superheroine come to life as well as Lynda Carter brought Wonder Woman to our homes.

[youtube][/youtube]
Thank you, Lynda. Just...thank you.
Supergirl is mine
Elder Member
Elder Member

My 5 are the same as Superman246o1 just in a different order...

5) Wonder Woman - Gorgeous actress in a sexy costume which got hotter each season, agreed there was not enough peril but the chloroform scene in the Fausta episode is in my top 3 all time favourite peril clips, amazingly sexy!!!!
fausta.jpg
fausta.jpg (34.88 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
4) Electra Woman and Dyna Girl - Both actresses look hot in costume, especially Dierdre Hall and as said before was very campy but some good peril never the less!!
EW+DG1 (42).jpg
EW+DG1 (42).jpg (22.48 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
3) She-ra - Blonde and powerful in a skimpy costume, whats not to like!!! She-ra was hot and was in peril quite often my favourite moment was when she was ko'ed by shadow weaver and then sent to another dimenson, the way she collaspes and the noises she makes, awesome!!!
0.jpg
0.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
2) Spiderman and his amazing friends - Not the best show but like Superman says i watched this solely for Firestar, i do not think there has ever been a hotter cartoon character! Long red hair, skintight red and yellow catsuit with camel toe and what an ass!!! Make her cold and she is defeated and this happened often, still waiting for Firestar to be bought to life in a vid, i would be the first to buy!!!
firestarspidermanandhisx-17321.jpg
firestarspidermanandhisx-17321.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
1) Batman - Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, she was amazing, costume was ridiculously tight on her hot body!!! Some great peril and bondage and she looked so hot in that red wig, made a huge impression on me as a youngster and still does now!!!!
cwscape2.jpg
cwscape2.jpg (21.96 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
Skirtfan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Birds of Prey (though shortlived) was quite good. The one at the bottom is Barbara Gordon.
Attachments
birds_of_prey.jpg
birds_of_prey.jpg (69.99 KiB) Viewed 6890 times
birds-of-prey-00001.jpg
birds-of-prey-00001.jpg (16.29 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
birdsofprey-meyer.jpg
birdsofprey-meyer.jpg (70.62 KiB) Viewed 6887 times
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

Hated that show, I had such high hopes for it but it was horrible. The only good episodes were the one with Oracles flash Back to her Batgirl Days and the one were lori Laughlin played the original Black Canary. Hated that Lori wasn't in any kind of costume but loved the peril she was bound in.

I agree with Firestar being the best cartoon heroine ever. Been recording that show recently on Disney XD but they've been through the series 3 times and I still haven't caught the Res Skull episode yet. Either I keep missing it or they're not showing that episode for some reason. Firestar got captured with cold, tied to a rocket and launched.
As knotty as I wanna be! http://www.clips4sale.com/store/10033
Bert

Some fantastic shows mentioned here that I didn't put on my list. She Ra has some great moments. Note that sometimes the alternate soundtracks have sexier voices during the peril scenes. This is sometimes true for Buffy too. In later seasons the girl who voiced Buffy in the Spanish soundtrack was incredibly hot sounding when on the losing end of a fight.

As for Birds of Prey, I was so disappointed that series was canceled. My favorite episodes were the pilot and the one with the fast growing kid. The writer was using the episodes to work through "Daddy" and "Kiddy" issues, using violent confrontation as a metaphor for the psychological battles within families. There was something really hot about watching The Huntress struggle to overcome a much older, then much younger foe.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

1. Electrawoman and Dynagirl

2. Wonder woman

3. Photon :mrgreen:
zepolmas
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

1. Wonder Woman
2. Batman (60's)
3. He-Man/She-Ra
4. Dukes of Hazzard (Daisy Duke tied to a chair anyone?)
5. Movie Macabe Featuring ELVIRA Mistress of the dark. (There was only ONE good scene but MAN is it worth it.)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

1. WW
2. Batman
3. Bionic Man/Woman (that's 2 shows not one for trannies :D )
4. Battle of the Planets - think that show gave me my love of thigh highs, that and seeing Debbie Harry in them on Top of the Pops in 1976.
5. Heroes - just for Hayden.

Honourable mentions to
Hulk (why oh why did Mr Magee make him angry ?)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - ahh Yellow Ranger, with me being a red blooded male we could have got together and made .....er.....orange. And Pink Ranger gave the phrase 'feeling in the pink' a whole new meaning for me.
Stripperella - loved the humour.
Bananaman - ditto (you may not have had him stateside)
The Space Sentinels - a poor man's Battle of the Planets, but at least it had Astra and taught me what Sentinel meant.
Cleopatra 2525, pants but it had Sarge.
Birds of Prey - nowhere near enough cosplay but thought Dina looked ok in the Batsuit
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

For damsel in distress purposes I would have to say

1- Batman
2- Avengers
3-The Girl From Uncle
4-The Fall Guy
5-Hunter
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

1. Wonder Woman, but only the first season. I can remember watching the premeire of the WW pilot movie and the feelings it stirred in me. When the fausta episode debuted, I fell in love. I am not a fan of the later costumes and seasons as it seemed to become more about Diana Prince than about WW. I know there are a few decent scenes from the later seasons, but for me the peril and costume from season 1 cannot be topped.

2. Batman TV series season 3. Batgirl always seemed to be getting herself into trouble, and Yvonne Craig looked incredible in that costume. I actually watched this show before WW when it ran in reruns around '74 and while it caught my young eyes, it didn't cement my love of SHIP as much as WW. I still don't pay much attention to Batgirl peril, not sure why.

3. The Avengers (both Emma Peel and Tara King). Diana Rigg has a confidence about her that made her peril so much more titallating. Plus, she could fight which was cool. Linda Thorson seemed more vulnerable and spent plenty of time being caught which made her very appealing to me.

4. Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. I barely remember this show on Saturday mornings and it really wouldn't even be listed here if there was more to choose from. Most of it was just horrible but the episode that stands out for me was the Spider Lady one where Diedre's caught in a net. I can remember having a View Master (remember those?) with that episode featured.

5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I never felt there was a lot of peril that actually turned me on, but Sarah looked great in the first couple of seasons before she dyed her hair really blonde and got super skinny. And I love Eliza Dushku, so sultry looking with those big eyes. Yum.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
olpterp
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

1. Wonder Woman: Lynda Carter was a perfect fit for that costume, especially the blue underwater costume.

2. Sailor Moon: I know, I'm the only one here that seems to love this show, but short skirts, many different types of boots/heels and endless goodness. If only there were good live action videos to find other than the Japanese TV show from a few years back.

3. Xena: Her and Gabrielle and their exploits through ancient Greece...before the show got weird.

4. MMPR: The Pink Ranger. Need I say more?

5. Batman (60's). Yvonne Craig in a full length purple catsuit, Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Purrrfect :P
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

1. Wonder Woman - need I say more? Still fantasizing about how it would have turned out with the Season 2-3 costume and Season 1 peril....

2. She-ra - it's all about the miniskirt! Some peril and a few glimpses of what's underneath the skirt once in a while courtesy of some naughty animators, I guess. ;-)

3. Secrets of Isis - would have given an arm to see a more PG-13 version of this series...

4. Batgirl - Yvonne Craig + Peril = Great show

5. Electra Woman and Dyna Girl - kinda like a "poor man's" Batgirl, if only for the limited budget. Probably if they had double the budget, would be no.1 in our lists...
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
knottyguy
Producer
Producer

brdiy wrote:3. Secrets of Isis - would have given an arm to see a more PG-13 version of this series...
I loved Joanna Cameron as Isis. Next to Yvonne's Batgirl she is the hottest live action super heroine to date. The show however was about giving morality lessons to kids. Isis never faced a serious foe never mind a challenging fight or any peril. Her slightly frumpy teacher/archaeologist alter ego Adrea Thomas was grabbed by the bad guys once and held hostage because she lost her Isis pendant. That was the only worth while peril scene on the show so including that show on a list like this is out of the question for me.
Supergirl is mine
Elder Member
Elder Member

knottyguy wrote:Hated that show, I had such high hopes for it but it was horrible. The only good episodes were the one with Oracles flash Back to her Batgirl Days and the one were lori Laughlin played the original Black Canary. Hated that Lori wasn't in any kind of costume but loved the peril she was bound in.

I agree with Firestar being the best cartoon heroine ever. Been recording that show recently on Disney XD but they've been through the series 3 times and I still haven't caught the Res Skull episode yet. Either I keep missing it or they're not showing that episode for some reason. Firestar got captured with cold, tied to a rocket and launched.
That was a good episode Knotty, could not get enough of seeing that sexy red head defeated, Firestar was so hot!!!
sign4deaf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

All right, I've got one. Fantastic Journey. It was way short-lived but the parts I remember were good and had several girl-in-peril scenarios. I recall one distinct trap in which the lovey young girl (short outfit, hose/tights... my kind of gal) gets stuck in a giant spiderweb.

Oh Yeah.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm373331968/tt0075503

Also a huge EW&DG fan, but way more into DynaGirl. I'm just saying...
Can't move... This device... holding me by my... sheer tights... has me powerless!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Oh, and how can I forget Webwoman. Despite a very limited run of 10 short episodes, there was peril in practically every episode (shrunk, grabbed, KO'd, hypnotized, trapped in forcefield, etc). Great looking costume too!

Image Image Image

A few episodes available in the net, but haven't found them all...:(
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

WebWoman...
Image Image Image
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots!
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

sign4deaf wrote:All right, I've got one. Fantastic Journey. It was way short-lived but the parts I remember were good and had several girl-in-peril scenarios. I recall one distinct trap in which the lovey young girl (short outfit, hose/tights... my kind of gal) gets stuck in a giant spiderweb.

Oh Yeah.

Yeah, I'm more of a Dyna Girl fan myself. Loved the spunkiness, the pink tights, the whole thing. I wish she could have been in more traps by herself like Electra Woman was in the Spider Lady and Ali Baba episodes. The traps were kind of tame on that show, but it was a kids' show, after all. It's my favorite superheroine show. The costumes were basic, but the leotard and tights combo was great.
Some of my other favorites were Spider Woman. The one where she gets tied to a side of beef and the Kingpin threatens to unmask her was great.
I also liked the Power Rangers, especially because Kimberly, the Pink Ranger, wore leotards farly often when she was not in costume.
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

#1 - Wonder Woman (And I even, ever so slightly, LIKED the Cathy Lee Crosby movie) But Lynda was my ultimate drool...
#2 - Isis - JoAnna Cameron looking oh so fine.
#3 - Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (OMG...Erin Gray....Only outdone by Lynda Carter)
#4 - Electra Woman and Dyna Girl (For pure camp...2 heroines that found themselves in peril, EVERY episode was fantastic)
#5 - All the episodes with Batgirl in the 60's Batman TV series. Yvonne Craig in that purple catsuit....HOLY SMOKING HOTNESS!!!
gorillaatlarge
Henchman
Henchman

#1. Wonder Woman, a lifelong favorite of mine. I loved her comic book for years before the TV show came along. Was a dream come true when the TV series came.

#2. Black Scorpion; hot girl, sexy costume. Couldn't believe all the great knockouts that took place. A close second to Wonder Woman.

#3. The Avengers; Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) would make anyone's blood pressure skyrocket.

#4 Honey West; very sexy girl detective, several knockouts. Sadly as in Black Scorpion it only lasted one season. Most of you won't remember this one.

#5. Xena; lots of action by a good looking heroine. She was tough, rugged. Knew how to take care of herself but was vulnerable. Lots of episodes of this I still haven't seen.
Bert

It's been fun to see so many cool lists here. Stuff like Isis and Buck Rodgers - really gorgeous women in great outfits! I'm a bit surprised that Buffy hasn't gotten more love though.
JaffaMaster
Neophyte
Neophyte

sign4deaf wrote:
12 years ago
All right, I've got one. Fantastic Journey. It was way short-lived but the parts I remember were good and had several girl-in-peril scenarios. I recall one distinct trap in which the lovey young girl (short outfit, hose/tights... my kind of gal) gets stuck in a giant spiderweb.

Oh Yeah.

Hi there,

I've just came across this post. Do you remember which episode of Fantastic Journey this was from?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

JaffaMaster wrote:
2 years ago
sign4deaf wrote:
12 years ago

Oh Yeah.

Hi there,

I've just came across this post. Do you remember which episode of Fantastic Journey this was from?

I did find this however. The whole series is here
JaffaMaster
Neophyte
Neophyte

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
JaffaMaster wrote:
2 years ago
sign4deaf wrote:
12 years ago

Oh Yeah.

Hi there,

I did find this however. The whole series is here
Thanks Mr.X, big fan of your website.

Scanned the episode and found the tiny spider, but no stuck in the web scene. :(
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

JaffaMaster wrote:
2 years ago

Scanned the episode and found the tiny spider, but no stuck in the web scene. :(
Yeah my post was misleading. The funhouse one didn't have the spider scene, I couldn't find that. I posted it for the tie up scene.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow, Fantastic Journey. Haven't thought about that one since childhood - I just remember thinking it was so weird, and gravitating more to the likes of Man from Atlantis or the 6 Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman, etc.

But Katie Saylor (Lianna) was super hot in this (she was also earlier in Invasion of the Bee Girls).
Women in general were just really gorgeous in these 70s sci-fi tales, even the henchwomen etc. Too bad it was her last acting job because she fell ill. And then this show was cancelled and superseded by the likes of Logan's Run (not a bad thing).
katie saylor and women.jpg
katie saylor and women.jpg (30.38 KiB) Viewed 2685 times
Anyway I never saw this particular list thread before, but my list is basically the same as many others (and I'm only counting live action).

1) EW&DG
2) Batman '66
3) WW
4) Black Scorpion
5) Xena
Honorable mention: Isis, Buck Rogers, Cleo 2525, Dark Angel, Lexx, and Buffy.
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

the show ended badly
Supergirl was a top five. Mel did give great performance on more than a few episodes of the heroine in distress. Top 5, I more than bet after the first two years we wouldn't even discussing this
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I had completely forgotten about Fantastic Journey. I can’t even remember the premise… Her mini-dress and boots ring a bell, I’ll have to check it out…

The big difference between EW&DG and Batgirl was the costuming. Batgirl’s costume was tailored and fit. EW&DG were wearing spandex, which really just smushes down all my favorite Lady parts into formless lumps. Batgirl was also an accomplished dancer and the fights involved more than relying on the Electro-com and the perils, we’re done with practical effects, not really primitive green screens.

One that didn’t make the list, but should have, IMHO, was Wild, Wild West. Steampunk before their was a word for it. Many beautiful ladies, fights and perils. That is a show that would really suited for a serious reboot. The problem with the movie was casting Will Smith in the lead. Like Batman in the 1960’s the characters have to play it straight to make it work. A female lead would help.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Anyone remember Land of the Giants?
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
Anyone remember Land of the Giants?
Was that a vibrating eraser?
JaffaMaster
Neophyte
Neophyte

Mr. X wrote:
2 years ago
JaffaMaster wrote:
2 years ago

Yeah my post was misleading. The funhouse one didn't have the spider scene, I couldn't find that. I posted it for the tie up scene.
No trouble. I kinda speculated whether this was from a Fantastic Journey yearbook/annual. The TV Show to Logan's Run had a yearbook that featured a spider peril scene in a illustrated storyu where the female character was cocooned in a large web.

Thanks again for the info.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Bert wrote:
12 years ago
So much here to like. Seven years worth of shows, fantastic writing, usually at least a little peril in every episode and a sexy heroine who could play vulnerable as well as powerful. For a fairly mainstream show, Buffy took some serious punishment over the years, and they never used the quick edit approach to shooting the fight scenes, so you can actually tell what's going on. Fantastic show.

One of the very first empowered female characters on TV, and still one of the best. Many excellent fight scenes with some give and take, bondage, damsel in distress, and a truly beautiful woman with real acting chops.

#3 Black Scorpion
Complete camp and not a good show at all, but lots of fighting, some bondage, a great costume and a very beautiful actress. The quality of the fight scenes varies a lot from one episode to the next, but there is some pretty good stuff here.

#4 The Queen of Swords
Unfortunately not available on DVD yet, but a series with a stunningly beautiful heroine and some very nice sword fighting. Not much peril but worth watching for the fights.

#5 Wonder Woman
So much potential, but so little good action. Still, Lynda Carter could sure fill out that costume, and there were a handful of good fights, like the Zardor, Gargantua and the shape changer wildman.
On this I agree! Especially for Diana Rigg :w00t:
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

argento wrote:
2 years ago
Bert wrote:
12 years ago

#3 Black Scorpion

#4 The Queen of Swords

#5 Wonder Woman
Queen of Swords could definitely enjoy a reboot. A fiery masked Latina getting into and out of trouble…. Mmmmm.
IMHO Her mask was about as sexy as it can get.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

argento wrote:
2 years ago
Bert wrote:
12 years ago

#2 The Avengers (the Emma Peel seasonsOne of the very first empowered female characters on TV, and still one of the best. Many excellent fight scenes with some give and take, bondage, damsel in distress, and a truly beautiful woman with real acting chops.

#3 Black Scorpion

#4 The Queen of Swords

#5 Wonder Woman
I have a DVD set that contains all of the Diana Rigg Avengers episodes. :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

tmon wrote:
2 years ago

And a right arm like Arnold Schwarzenegger... 😀
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Bert

Haha! That show was on over 55 years ago. In that respect, Emma Peel may just be the GOAT.
Bert

sneakly wrote:
2 years ago
Queen of Swords could definitely enjoy a reboot. A fiery masked Latina getting into and out of trouble…. Mmmmm.
IMHO Her mask was about as sexy as it can get.
She was outrageously hot as The Queen, and there were quite a few good fight scenes and some good peril. It's such a shame the series was never released on DVD in North America.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

This is, I think, from 1965, what would it look like, if she would be 30 today?
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

:giggle:
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
tmon wrote:
2 years ago

And a right arm like Arnold Schwarzenegger... 😀
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Absolutely no Superhero television shows reach my top 5 TV series list so it seems silly to even list them. Suffice it to say that the Battlestar Gallactica reboot, Avatar The Last Airbender, The Sarah Connor Chronicles and others have all recently been unhorsed and knocked down a peg by the unexpected perfection of Arcane...

If we're talking specifically superhero stuff of course, that gets trickier to answer for me as indeed quality of content remains at war with me ancient lizard brain. I mean Power Rangers probably rests on that top five somewhere and lets face it... the show was pretty bad by any real grading metric.
Bert

My intent, all those years ago, was to list favorite shows with heroines. I mean, The Wire, Westworld...let's face it, there are some spectacular shows out there.
jigoku
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

My top 10 :

1- Kagestar
2- Bishoujo Kamen Poitrine
3- Lexx The Dark Zone
4- Suki Suki Majo Sensei
5- Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
6- Alias
7- Mighty Isis
8- Wonder Woman