What Makes A Great SHIP Film

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Okay, now this is actually a multi-facet question, but write whatever and I'll read and respond :)

In our own film collection, our best sellers are:

• Return of the Black Queen [3], [4], & SAGA
• The Demon Within [2] & SAGA
• Cast of Shadows
• Your Soul is Mine
• Scion's Setup
• Fighting for Adam
• Still a Rookie
• Fighting the Poison
• Tied and Delivered
• The Best of Intentions

I don't see a common connection between these films, so if you could help me out with this, I'd love to know why these particular films were so popular... if you have picked up these films from us, I'd love to hear your feedback - it will help us moving forward to create the best possible films we can in terms of content!!! :)
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I've got some of these videos so I will try to list the reasons for these choices.

Your Soul is Mine:
Love Trinity and the Black Queen (and I love Tiffany & Kristina), the whipping, the fatality, the price < $20

Scion's Setup:
Love Xarina & Zara' outfits (even if it's not superheroine's attire), some sexy perils (kiss, crawling...)

Still a Rookie:
Tiffany + Heather, the fight itself, thebackbreaker, the fatality, the price < $20

The Best of Intentions:
Heather (Skyhawk) + thong leotard (=instant buy), KO by energy arrow on Skyhawk

While the videos you listed are the best sellers one, I didn't find my personnal top 5 here :D
1-GoX The Assassin: Kristina (Mystic) + thong Leotard, violent fight (claws, sword), great fatality...
2-HK Celestia Vs Amoeba: Kristin (Celestia - white version), long woozy (LOVE THIS), the fight (riding on shoulders, backbreaker, high kick), the fatality
3-HK Haze Vs Valentine: Haze's costume, the fight, the 1st KO, the fatality, the price
4-A Hunter's Quarrel: Tatianna (Onyx), the backbreaker, the fatality, the price
5-GoX Old Flames Die: Love Tiffany (Syphon) , I love the fight choregraphy, the kiss, the fatality, the price

PS: I hope we'll have some woozy again in future (like in HK #2), I looove this !!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Domi666 wrote:I've got some of these videos so I will try to list the reasons for these choices.

Your Soul is Mine:
Love Trinity and the Black Queen (and I love Tiffany & Kristina), the whipping, the fatality, the price < $20

Scion's Setup:
Love Xarina & Zara' outfits (even if it's not superheroine's attire), some sexy perils (kiss, crawling...)

Still a Rookie:
Tiffany + Heather, the fight itself, thebackbreaker, the fatality, the price < $20

The Best of Intentions:
Heather (Skyhawk) + thong leotard (=instant buy), KO by energy arrow on Skyhawk

While the videos you listed are the best sellers one, I didn't find my personnal top 5 here :D
1-GoX The Assassin: Kristina (Mystic) + thong Leotard, violent fight (claws, sword), great fatality...
2-HK Celestia Vs Amoeba: Kristin (Celestia - white version), long woozy (LOVE THIS), the fight (riding on shoulders, backbreaker, high kick), the fatality
3-HK Haze Vs Valentine: Haze's costume, the fight, the 1st KO, the fatality, the price
4-A Hunter's Quarrel: Tatianna (Onyx), the backbreaker, the fatality, the price
5-GoX Old Flames Die: Love Tiffany (Syphon) , I love the fight choregraphy, the kiss, the fatality, the price

PS: I hope we'll have some woozy again in future (like in HK #2), I looove this !!
With the pricing point, the price per minute is roughly the same on all of the videos... it's just a matter of how long the video is. And you're also a fatality and thong guy which is actually a minority lol --also, the Heroine Kombat films are too new to be best sellers at this point... Girls of X also....

But as for the 4 you mentioned - there's really nothing in common with any of them....
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

HeroineLegends wrote: With the pricing point, the price per minute is roughly the same on all of the videos... it's just a matter of how long the video is. And you're also a fatality and thong guy which is actually a minority lol --also, the Heroine Kombat films are too new to be best sellers at this point... Girls of X also....

But as for the 4 you mentioned - there's really nothing in common with any of them....
I know the price per minute is roughly the same, I just cogitate for less time when the price is below to $20 (but at the end, I buy anyway ;) )

As for the thong and fatality, I think it's a minority too (unfortunately :confused: ). However, I think there's a community for this and I hope Heroine Kombat & GoX will sell well !! Also, and thanks to you, I can find some videos which are perfect for me (and I think the best is yet to come with Skyhawk Vs Drago & Shadowgirl Vs Kaid :) )

Finally, as for your best sellers, I can't see anything common with any of them too. Maybe these videos are simply the best compromise and many people can find at least one thing they like (one actress, one character, one peril element...)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Domi666 wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote: With the pricing point, the price per minute is roughly the same on all of the videos... it's just a matter of how long the video is. And you're also a fatality and thong guy which is actually a minority lol --also, the Heroine Kombat films are too new to be best sellers at this point... Girls of X also....

I know the price per minute is roughly the same, I just cogitate for less time when the price is below to $20 (but at the end, I buy anyway ;) )

As for the thong and fatality, I think it's a minority too (unfortunately :confused: ). However, I think there's a community for this and I hope Heroine Kombat & GoX will sell well !! Also, and thanks to you, I can find some videos which are perfect for me (and I think the best is yet to come with Skyhawk Vs Drago & Shadowgirl Vs Kaid :) )

Finally, as for your best sellers, I can't see anything common with any of them too. Maybe these videos are simply the best compromise and many people can find at least one thing they like (one actress, one character, one peril element...)
Yeah, that makes sense. I was just hoping for that easy answer I guess lol I have quite a few films that I find amazing that some people didn't - like for me, I'm a HUGE fan of "Cyrus Aftermath" - it's one of my favorite films we made. Because it was partially a custom and followed after the Cyrus Saga (Cyrus 1 was pretty kickass too), the costume was different (part of a Group Custom) but it gave me that spy feel which I personally enjoy... She gets whipped pretty damn hard in that film :)

The 2 Heroine Kombat films you mentioned just happen to be the next 2 that are being released... they are both custom orders (after this week, we will have filmed 20 Heroine Kombat films; 17 were custom orders which is pretty cool). The Skyhawk vs Dragos one was already in post... and since I was feeling a bit selfish, I bumped up the Kaid vs Shadowgirl film because, well, I'm in it. And I want to see what you guys think about the fatality we came up with... I think it's fun ;) However, it's going to be a bit more pricey because, from a rough estimate of the footage, we had about a 35-minute video... but I never know the actual lengths until they're completely put together....

The funny thing too, is that I read about all of these fetishes on these forums and I hear the requests... but the videos that sell have completely different elements in them than what are asked for (besides chloro... or soul sucking... or foot fetish) - for instance, The Demon Within [2] had like none of those... so yeah, back to square one... it's all random. :)
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

HeroineLegends wrote: Yeah, that makes sense. I was just hoping for that easy answer I guess lol I have quite a few films that I find amazing that some people didn't - like for me, I'm a HUGE fan of "Cyrus Aftermath" - it's one of my favorite films we made. Because it was partially a custom and followed after the Cyrus Saga (Cyrus 1 was pretty kickass too), the costume was different (part of a Group Custom) but it gave me that spy feel which I personally enjoy... She gets whipped pretty damn hard in that film :)

The 2 Heroine Kombat films you mentioned just happen to be the next 2 that are being released... they are both custom orders (after this week, we will have filmed 20 Heroine Kombat films; 17 were custom orders which is pretty cool). The Skyhawk vs Dragos one was already in post... and since I was feeling a bit selfish, I bumped up the Kaid vs Shadowgirl film because, well, I'm in it. And I want to see what you guys think about the fatality we came up with... I think it's fun ;) However, it's going to be a bit more pricey because, from a rough estimate of the footage, we had about a 35-minute video... but I never know the actual lengths until they're completely put together....

The funny thing too, is that I read about all of these fetishes on these forums and I hear the requests... but the videos that sell have completely different elements in them than what are asked for (besides chloro... or soul sucking... or foot fetish) - for instance, The Demon Within [2] had like none of those... so yeah, back to square one... it's all random. :)
I know what you mean. I often post my drawings on DeviantArt (some of them are commissions) and those which get the most success are not necessarily the drawings I prefer or I'm the most proud of, lol. Sometimes, this is slightly frustrating :laugh:

Also, I'm really glad to hear Skyhawk Vs Dragos & Shadowgirl Vs Kaid are coming next. I can't wait to see how you made the fatalities (in fact, I'm the guy who requested these 2 customs ;) )
And Shadowgirl Vs Kaid will be 35 min long ? :thumbup:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Domi666 wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote: Yeah, that makes sense. I was just hoping for that easy answer I guess lol I have quite a few films that I find amazing that some people didn't - like for me, I'm a HUGE fan of "Cyrus Aftermath" - it's one of my favorite films we made. Because it was partially a custom and followed after the Cyrus Saga (Cyrus 1 was pretty kickass too), the costume was different (part of a Group Custom) but it gave me that spy feel which I personally enjoy... She gets whipped pretty damn hard in that film :)

I know what you mean. I often post my drawings on DeviantArt (some of them are commissions) and those which get the most success are not necessarily the drawings I prefer or I'm the most proud of, lol. Sometimes, this is slightly frustrating :laugh:

Also, I'm really glad to hear Skyhawk Vs Dragos & Shadowgirl Vs Kaid are coming next. I can't wait to see how you made the fatalities (in fact, I'm the guy who requested these 2 customs ;) )
And Shadowgirl Vs Kaid will be 35 min long ? :thumbup:
That's right... I forgot you got both of these... well, there you go... Happy Holiday (of some sort) lol - I don't know that it will be that long, but I do know that we had that length if you added up the takes to create the film... I'm very curious to see. The reason I made myself the opponent in that one... actually, 2 reasons:

1) Tiffany requested it.
2) I wanted to see how epic I could make it since everyone else was having fun filming these and fight choreography is my forte out here in Hollywood :)

Here ya go, by the way:
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
That's right... I forgot you got both of these... well, there you go... Happy Holiday (of some sort) lol - I don't know that it will be that long, but I do know that we had that length if you added up the takes to create the film... I'm very curious to see. The reason I made myself the opponent in that one... actually, 2 reasons:

1) Tiffany requested it.
2) I wanted to see how epic I could make it since everyone else was having fun filming these and fight choreography is my forte out here in Hollywood :)

Here ya go, by the way:
:w00t: :w00t: I already love it :thumbup:
And I'm really glad you're the 2nd opponent because if I had $100 more, I would have chosen you :D
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

that's very flattering :)

Here's another promo:

Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Great ! You made my day !
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

oh, and since you asked for her to have no cape... I obviously did that, but I preferred for her to start with her cape... so I could take it off of her early on, choke her with it, then burn it. Mwahahahahahahaha!!! :)
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

HeroineLegends wrote:oh, and since you asked for her to have no cape... I obviously did that, but I preferred for her to start with her cape... so I could take it off of her early on, choke her with it, then burn it. Mwahahahahahahaha!!! :)
You did very well :D Good choice ;)
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:Okay, now this is actually a multi-facet question, but write whatever and I'll read and respond :)

In our own film collection, our best sellers are:

• Return of the Black Queen [3], [4], & SAGA
• The Demon Within [2] & SAGA
• Cast of Shadows
• Your Soul is Mine
• Scion's Setup
• Fighting for Adam
• Still a Rookie
• Fighting the Poison
• Tied and Delivered
• The Best of Intentions

I don't see a common connection between these films, so if you could help me out with this, I'd love to know why these particular films were so popular... if you have picked up these films from us, I'd love to hear your feedback - it will help us moving forward to create the best possible films we can in terms of content!!! :)
Well from all those that you mentioned you can see some key points:

1. Most of them have some sort of KO or something similar (Death...which since it is a fantasy, some might pas it as a KO or viceversa)

2. Wonder woman outfits are a good sell point but as good as it can be, it might push some people away...I think for some reason, it is easier to find a Supergirl kind of girl than a correct Wonder Woman, please correct me if I am wrong there.

3. All of those, kind of have a little storyline within themselves, is not about the minutes, but the interesting story you present on the previews and I tend to see that while it might be more expensive, people tend to buy longer movies, it is like they don't expect much form a movie that last 10 minutes, I know it is enough time to deliver a story but most look into longer movies to see more of what they like, being KOs, fight scenes, torture, foot worship or death process.

4. Good acting, I get completely pushed away when I can't believe the character the girl is playing, even a little bit, need to see they care for their acting a bit.

So to sum all up:

Wonder woman/Supergirl + KO sells.

I think longer movies or story arcs sell better, good acting does too.

And of course, Hot women! But don't you worry, your whole female cast is absolutely HOT!
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

I'm surprised the Rune of Therapy is not there ?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:I'm surprised the Rune of Therapy is not there ?
It sold well, but it's not in our top 10, funny enough...
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

• Return of the Black Queen [3], [4], & SAGA - Did not buy due it featuring a lot of foot fetish etc
• The Demon Within [2] & SAGA - Had to dig out my ext HD for this one! Great series I loved the Dark Vega she was tall and very sexy, but this series also had Cayla Black who many loved due to her beauty and physical prescenece and Vega played her oart brilliantly as there was a lot of heavier than normal torture and punishment handed out in this series, it is a classic!
• Cast of Shadows - Kelly Kula! with great acting, good dialogue beleiveable water torture, good villaness and superb unseen enemy scenes from Kelly.
• Your Soul is Mine - Love the Black Queen outfit on Kristina and just having Tiffany and Kristina go ar is is enough to grab my attention...I love the first 3 episodes.
• Scion's Setup - Did not buy mainly due to no super attire and the story did not fire me up.
• Fighting for Adam - Just did not tick any boxes for me so did not buy.
• Still a Rookie - Bought this as I expected a tough time for Tiffany as the tough Trinity and was not disappointed great little movie.
• Fighting the Poison - Enjoyable I love Moonstar so that was my reason for buying but did not blow me away but worth buying.
• Tied and Delivered - I bought this but did not find it llved up to the usual standards I expect from HL, movie was fine as was the acting and girls looked lovely just lacked any punch "literally" the chained up scenes offered so much but gave nothing and the inial fight was just a very weak display of LW's mental strength and stamina she went down and stayed down just not my thing at al.
• The Best of Intentions - I am a sucker for amazons ans Skyhawke looks great, loved the arrows scene and the S v E series I am following closely and am loving it.

My personal favourites are -

1. of course all of Kelly Kula as Lady wonder The opening scenes to Transition to Darkness just blow me away everytime I watch it.

2. SvE 2 where Moonstar neets Amethyest, great movie all the way through but when Tiffany weakens so do I she really sells the defeat.

3. I will just list some of my favourites randomly - Northern Star,All SvE I love,Gorls of X I love especially Mystique,Thorne I love as I do the Black Queen,Moonstar,Talon,Skyhawk,Trinity,Omeoba is just too cool,Timbrewulf,Kelly as Lady Wonder as If I needed to remind anyone,
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

rayman wrote:• Return of the Black Queen [3], [4], & SAGA - Did not buy due it featuring a lot of foot fetish etc
• The Demon Within [2] & SAGA - Had to dig out my ext HD for this one! Great series I loved the Dark Vega she was tall and very sexy, but this series also had Cayla Black who many loved due to her beauty and physical prescenece and Vega played her oart brilliantly as there was a lot of heavier than normal torture and punishment handed out in this series, it is a classic!
• Cast of Shadows - Kelly Kula! with great acting, good dialogue beleiveable water torture, good villaness and superb unseen enemy scenes from Kelly.
• Your Soul is Mine - Love the Black Queen outfit on Kristina and just having Tiffany and Kristina go ar is is enough to grab my attention...I love the first 3 episodes.
• Scion's Setup - Did not buy mainly due to no super attire and the story did not fire me up.
• Fighting for Adam - Just did not tick any boxes for me so did not buy.
• Still a Rookie - Bought this as I expected a tough time for Tiffany as the tough Trinity and was not disappointed great little movie.
• Fighting the Poison - Enjoyable I love Moonstar so that was my reason for buying but did not blow me away but worth buying.
• Tied and Delivered - I bought this but did not find it llved up to the usual standards I expect from HL, movie was fine as was the acting and girls looked lovely just lacked any punch "literally" the chained up scenes offered so much but gave nothing and the inial fight was just a very weak display of LW's mental strength and stamina she went down and stayed down just not my thing at al.
• The Best of Intentions - I am a sucker for amazons ans Skyhawke looks great, loved the arrows scene and the S v E series I am following closely and am loving it.

My personal favourites are -

1. of course all of Kelly Kula as Lady wonder The opening scenes to Transition to Darkness just blow me away everytime I watch it.

2. SvE 2 where Moonstar neets Amethyest, great movie all the way through but when Tiffany weakens so do I she really sells the defeat.

3. I will just list some of my favourites randomly - Northern Star,All SvE I love,Gorls of X I love especially Mystique,Thorne I love as I do the Black Queen,Moonstar,Talon,Skyhawk,Trinity,Omeoba is just too cool,Timbrewulf,Kelly as Lady Wonder as If I needed to remind anyone,
I am going to argue about Tied and Delivered, not on your opinion of the movie but just on one comment " and the inial fight was just a very weak display of LW's mental strength and stamina she went down and stayed down just not my thing at al."

I can give you the thing about stamina (Yeah maybe not so tough but chloroform always kind of do that) but the thing about weak mental strength is just ridiculous, then either you skipped the whole thing or not really watched it at all.

(SPOILER)

LW doesn't give any info to Celestia at all, that is why she ends up in chains, Celestia was not able to get any info out of her, couldn't mentally break her down at all.

So I can give you the thing about stamina (again, it is chloroform, same thing happened in Transition to Darkness) but mental strength...LW mental strength is well displayed on the video.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Well I was not writing a review of any of the listed movies just comenting on them all from my perspective and after just watching the Tied and Delivered movie again up until LW is chained overhead I agree that she doesn't give an info away but I beleive she is under the effects of simple chloroform noy power inhibitors like LW was in TTD1 and also a special truth serum chloro was used on her in that scene.

I admit I am not a big chloro fan but if ound no mental defiance just not giving out information doesn't really show me much mental strength as LW was not under any serious torture or anything.

Anywayit was my coments on the movie as a whole not on characters who I expect were only doing what was requested of them.I see Lady Wonder as a VERY powrful superheroine but this could of been a custom order where a different typr of LW was needed.

My comments were porely aimed at Loga but naturally everyone is welcome to pull me up if they disagree.

All the best
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

One of the things that really bothered me was that Tatiana acted everything out like a Soap Opera - this is why I prefer Kelly. I could not get what I wanted out of Tatiana and that was the LONGESSSSSST day of filming I have ever done which is ridiculous because there was no real fight scene, which is what takes up most of the rehearsal time. The scene should have played out defiantly even under the effects of chloro, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. Also, there was a point where Celestia is tied up and Lady Wonder "kisses" her stomach. I cringe at that part all the time. It was supposed to be a belly lick-- Kristin practically ordered AND begged her to lick her stomach - it was better for the scene. But Tatiana wouldn't do it. One of the MANY reasons we had to part ways. Kristin is AMAZING when it comes to putting together a scene and is willing to go wherever the scene takes her as long as it makes sense for the scene. You will see an amazing performance when she portrays Puma in the upcoming Super vs Evil: The Violation of Angelstar. :)

**to point out what you said earlier, Maar, I know I'm "bashing" on Tatiana... and I am... lol trust me, I know the viewer doesn't know how it was on set... but she made me HATE doing these films. And the other actors and crew as well... Then, there are DELIGHTS to work with like Tiffany, Mario, Reuben, Nelson, Heather, Kristin, Sophie, Samantha, Kelly, and so many more. It just isn't worth it to deal with divas who don't take direction and fight with you on everything, you know what I mean? ;)
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

@Logan: Wow...I didn't know any of that...Then how did you put such a nice scene together man lol....Seriously, Tatiana was actually a smart ass on that scene, or at least that is what I perceived in the final product, which was part of what I wanted, defiant and powerful at the end....Then you do magic with these kind of films because in the end for me it was worth it.

And yes, you should be able to film with who ever makes you more comfortable and well if she made you hate this kind of films...yes you are better off this way....Because I like your films a lot :)

Ahhhh Sophie, I love all the girls you mentioned but I think I would to see Sophie again in a film, too bad she is not around much.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

maar13 wrote:@Logan: Wow...I didn't know any of that...Then how did you put such a nice scene together man lol....Seriously, Tatiana was actually a smart ass on that scene, or at least that is what I perceived in the final product, which was part of what I wanted, defiant and powerful at the end....Then you do magic with these kind of films because in the end for me it was worth it.

And yes, you should be able to film with who ever makes you more comfortable and well if she made you hate this kind of films...yes you are better off this way....Because I like your films a lot :)

Ahhhh Sophie, I love all the girls you mentioned but I think I would to see Sophie again in a film, too bad she is not around much.

Part of my job as a director is to get the performances out of the actors as best as I can. Unfortunately, sometimes that results in me having less hair by the end of the day ;)
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

Well you do a fine job at it, that is why I am such a fan of your product.
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

You know what would be nice? A film like Marvel vs DC kind of deal with Kelly as LW and Kristie as Valor mixing up their world and going against two villains of said worlds, like Valentine and Domina...that would be amazing.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

maar13 wrote:You know what would be nice? A film like Marvel vs DC kind of deal with Kelly as LW and Kristie as Valor mixing up their world and going against two villains of said worlds, like Valentine and Domina...that would be amazing.
The only problem with that is that our films are already too confusing in regards to storyline - except Girls of X and Super vs Evil... wouldn't wanna get a flood of complaints again lol

I'm trying to make a Thorne video like Shadowgirl but Kristina doesn't wanna do it... it's a shame. Maybe I'll pick 2 other characters from the Heroine Legends universe and make a brutal film... hmmm.... just gotta decide who they would be. Vega and Lady Wonder would be too easy. But then again, I do have a Lady Wonder script and a Vega script waiting... but separately... hmmm...
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:
maar13 wrote:You know what would be nice? A film like Marvel vs DC kind of deal with Kelly as LW and Kristie as Valor mixing up their world and going against two villains of said worlds, like Valentine and Domina...that would be amazing.
The only problem with that is that our films are already too confusing in regards to storyline - except Girls of X and Super vs Evil... wouldn't wanna get a flood of complaints again lol

I'm trying to make a Thorne video like Shadowgirl but Kristina doesn't wanna do it... it's a shame. Maybe I'll pick 2 other characters from the Heroine Legends universe and make a brutal film... hmmm.... just gotta decide who they would be. Vega and Lady Wonder would be too easy. But then again, I do have a Lady Wonder script and a Vega script waiting... but separately... hmmm...
lol...I know, sorry about that. But a man can dream can't he? :)

I would love to see that LW and Vega Film become a reality, but if you need other two girls from HL...what about Allura and Orchid or Sapphire and Trinity, or that pic of Hawke and Thorne? ... just dreamimg again :)
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

HeroineLegends wrote:One of the things that really bothered me was that Tatiana acted everything out like a Soap Opera - this is why I prefer Kelly. I could not get what I wanted out of Tatiana and that was the LONGESSSSSST day of filming I have ever done which is ridiculous because there was no real fight scene, which is what takes up most of the rehearsal time. The scene should have played out defiantly even under the effects of chloro, but unfortunately, that didn't happen. Also, there was a point where Celestia is tied up and Lady Wonder "kisses" her stomach. I cringe at that part all the time. It was supposed to be a belly lick-- Kristin practically ordered AND begged her to lick her stomach - it was better for the scene. But Tatiana wouldn't do it. One of the MANY reasons we had to part ways. Kristin is AMAZING when it comes to putting together a scene and is willing to go wherever the scene takes her as long as it makes sense for the scene. You will see an amazing performance when she portrays Puma in the upcoming Super vs Evil: The Violation of Angelstar. :)

**to point out what you said earlier, Maar, I know I'm "bashing" on Tatiana... and I am... lol trust me, I know the viewer doesn't know how it was on set... but she made me HATE doing these films. And the other actors and crew as well... Then, there are DELIGHTS to work with like Tiffany, Mario, Reuben, Nelson, Heather, Kristin, Sophie, Samantha, Kelly, and so many more. It just isn't worth it to deal with divas who don't take direction and fight with you on everything, you know what I mean? ;)
Wait a minute: The Violation Of Angelstar? You have me curious now (I loved Angelstar). :love: . As for popularity, I tend to gravitate more toward favorite characters (Vega, Moonstar, Tempest,..), though I admit that the actresses playing the characters also factors in. As for storyline versus runtime, I don't know. Bluestone's Supernova (parts 1 and 2 where she fights the alien Kali) was under a half an hour (I think), and I thought it had a pretty good (albeit simple) storyline to it. But I could also just have been distracted by the actresses in it. :sly:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Why, yes... the Violation of Angelstar... ;)

kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:Why, yes... the Violation of Angelstar... ;)

Ooh...nice! :thumbup:
dauntingmold
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

One common point I noticed about your top selling films is that all bar Scion's Set up, the fights are F v F. I know The Demon Within and Return of the Black Queen had multiple fight scenes, but I would say the main opponents in the respective films were Allura v Vega and Halo v Black Queen. Looking through your back catalogue, I would say a slight majority of your films are M v F, so it seems suprising such a high percentage of F v F films appear in the top 10. I may be looking at this from a one eyed perspective because I prefer F v F fights, but just something I noticed.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

HeroineLegends wrote:

Sounds very interesting and exciting Logan and I understand Kelly is on a challenge to up her physical wel being so should be perfect for a more intense series....so many great ideas you have rolling along it is awesome!
Shame about Kristina though, is it the character or the content she is not excited about?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Here's an honest question: I see a lot of content out there. Sometimes, I watch previews and think to myself: How is this SHIP and not porn? But then I see viewers condone it and recommend it - which is great for the producer who created it and this is in no way an attack on them, but my understanding of what a viewer is actually looking for is still not 100% clear. Are you looking for girls to feel themselves up in a costume or are you looking for peril to happen during a scenario that you would see in a movie? All references are always the 60's Batman & Wonder Woman TV shows and Barbarella, Supergirl, Barb Wire, etc. - so when I see videos that have comments like "this was awesome and exactly what I want" but it's nothing like a TV show and closer to a porn scene, I guess it confuses me with the feedback I get... (keeping in mind that I understand there are different crowds and markets)

Just a little clarification would help (I hope)...
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

HeroineLegends wrote:Here's an honest question: I see a lot of content out there. Sometimes, I watch previews and think to myself: How is this SHIP and not porn? But then I see viewers condone it and recommend it - which is great for the producer who created it and this is in no way an attack on them, but my understanding of what a viewer is actually looking for is still not 100% clear. Are you looking for girls to feel themselves up in a costume or are you looking for peril to happen during a scenario that you would see in a movie? All references are always the 60's Batman & Wonder Woman TV shows and Barbarella, Supergirl, Barb Wire, etc. - so when I see videos that have comments like "this was awesome and exactly what I want" but it's nothing like a TV show and closer to a porn scene, I guess it confuses me with the feedback I get... (keeping in mind that I understand there are different crowds and markets)

That's a very interesting question :)
As usual, I will be a minority here so i'm not sure my comment will help you a lot :laugh:
First of all, my references are not 60's & 70's tv shows nor barbarella or Supergirl, primarily because I'm born in 80's and, as I'm from France, DC characters like Wonder Woman or Supergirl are far less popular than Marvel characters here.
My key references are from 90's comics (Marvel & Image), video games (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, double dragon) and japanese anime/manga.
This being said, what i'm looking for into SHiP is great fights, well balanced, well choregraphied and slightly violent with some SFX for superpower. I like when the scenario gives a dramatic aspect to the fight. I prefer when the heroine is defeated, but I don't like when the fight is a one side. I like when the superheroine is strong, and could almost win.
If I buy a video in which there isn't such a fight, it's simply because I had a crush for the costume and/or the actress :D (and I often buy videos only for this, lol)
And this being said, I hate when SHiP turn into porn.
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

I guess that one comes down to people and their differing tastes, pretty much coming down to where people draw their line for what they like. Everyone's interest here will be following different kinks or styles of story. With that rather obvious caveat out the way... I'm really quite partial to the sexual stuff being the peril that faces the heroine, or at least a big element of it - the further that goes, the more intense the peril. For me, I like proper scenarios like you would see in the movies - that then go a lot further into the kind of peril I could only imagine. So establishing the heroine is great, and having heroine encounters or peril like you see in films/comics/tv series is also great - but then to take a turn off where the films/comics/tv series go and take the peril/defeat of the heroine to a sexual place.

When it comes to that sort of peril... I'm more interested in it being a subversion/submission/seduction of the heroine rather than a brutal violation - and I suppose that can come off looking like straight up porn. But hey, I suspect there may be differing groups involved here who have interests that can't be reconciled - and I think the stuff you do has a pretty giant following.

My 2 cents on it.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One thing I've gained from reading this board is that even among folks who share such a niche fetish (if that's not redundant) there is a huge range of tastes. Everyone likes something different.

I've been telling people about the MightyGirlz videos over on DungeonCorp.com, but so far, I don't think anyone has taken my advice - or if they have, they haven't mentioned it. I think that's because they lean heavily toward BDSM and there's actually very little super-heroine about them, except for the costumes. That's enough for me, personally, but others want more of the superheroine fetish and don't care about the porn. Some folks are really into fight scenes, but I couldn't care less. Some folks (you know who I mean) won't buy a video unless it includes chloroform or an OTS carry. I won't buy it without bondage or peril.

I'm really amazed at how diverse the range is, and it's kinda depressing. I'd much rather that everyone else share the same likes as me - because then it would be very easy for content-producers to produce the stuff I like and have it sell. :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

All of these answers make sense. And truth be told, it IS very difficult to plan a video and say "okay, let's target a fetish" because, let's be honest, that's what we have to do to sell it as such. But it's just curious that some videos are blatant porn with no real acting, no real story, very cheap costumes... and it seems to do very well... I guess it all boils down to this: why am I spending so much money on my films when I can take a handicam and film a girl off Craigslist in a Halloween costume fingering herself after 4 lines of impromptu dialogue and make wayyyy more? lol

That question is obviously rhetorical... but that doesn't mean I don't think it. With no disrespect intended.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

HeroineLegends wrote:Here's an honest question: I see a lot of content out there. Sometimes, I watch previews and think to myself: How is this SHIP and not porn? But then I see viewers condone it and recommend it - which is great for the producer who created it and this is in no way an attack on them, but my understanding of what a viewer is actually looking for is still not 100% clear. Are you looking for girls to feel themselves up in a costume or are you looking for peril to happen during a scenario that you would see in a movie? All references are always the 60's Batman & Wonder Woman TV shows and Barbarella, Supergirl, Barb Wire, etc. - so when I see videos that have comments like "this was awesome and exactly what I want" but it's nothing like a TV show and closer to a porn scene, I guess it confuses me with the feedback I get... (keeping in mind that I understand there are different crowds and markets)

When you have the answer Logan please share it with me LOL!You know I buy a lot of movies from your whole collection of series and the main reasons for this are the facts that your content is NOT porn.
I like tough strong sexy superheroines in combat and perilous situations.
I used to love GLOW Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling and of course TV brought Wonder Woman, Batman 60's series,Bionic Woman and the cartoons such as Spiderwoman and Hulk and She Hulk also gave me the action and peril I desired.
To me a heroine is in peril f she is loosing a fight or being hurt or weakened by her opponent and when that heroine is seen as "invincible" it just makes it al the more exciting for me at least.
I have no issues with porn but I don't enjoy superheroine porn as usually there is no longer naything super left of the heroine, some enjoy the final power drain but that is usually just an orgasm so no applause from me.

I sexy superheroine taking a stomach of body blow then caressing that area and giving a groan or moan is much more sexy to me than a naked pornstar feeling herself up and moaning like crazy.

SHC made som egreat movies but I often lost interest once the heroine had finished fighting back and became nothing more than a "mess".

SvE is for me the perfect series, beautiful ladies wearing quality and very sexy outfit fighting in a very real and combative way and giving great scenes when they take damage etc...SvE2 I watch very often Moonstar aka Trinity in that movie is awesome andthe way the sound is edited at the point Moonstar hits her back against the wall before falling to the ground nad coughing up a little blood is genius really makes my spine tingle watching that movie once the green rocks are out.

No disrespect to anyone we al want different things and I am a superheroine fight fan first and foremost..Remember Bionic Showdown with Sandra Bullock when she fights the enemy bionic guy in her leotard and she gets electrocuted? Awesome scene for mainstream TV.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

That sound design edit at the end of SVE2 is one of my favorites too... there's a similar one when Malek low blows Trinity in Malek's Intentions too - it's awesome to watch and gets you completely into it :)
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

The low blow in Malek's Intentions is one of the best I ever seen !

On a side note, I'd be curious to know if there's a correlation between the age and the fetish/references in SHiP too :)
I'm pretty sure that somebody's who's 25 years old don't have necessarily the same references and/or fetishes than somebody who's 45-50 year's old.
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

HeroineLegends wrote:That sound design edit at the end of SVE2 is one of my favorites too... there's a similar one when Malek low blows Trinity in Malek's Intentions too - it's awesome to watch and gets you completely into it :)
So that's another movie with Tiffany I must have LOL!
I may sound a wuss but at that point in SvE2 I find myself actually rooting for Moonstar to fight back such an awesome end sequence and when Moonstar takes those first few punches into her ribs nad midsection when Amethyst fights back...perfection made even more so by the fact taht earlier we saw Moonstar take breast and belly punchs which moved and rippled her flesh but did no damage...one of my all time favourites.
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:All of these answers make sense. And truth be told, it IS very difficult to plan a video and say "okay, let's target a fetish" because, let's be honest, that's what we have to do to sell it as such. But it's just curious that some videos are blatant porn with no real acting, no real story, very cheap costumes... and it seems to do very well... I guess it all boils down to this: why am I spending so much money on my films when I can take a handicam and film a girl off Craigslist in a Halloween costume fingering herself after 4 lines of impromptu dialogue and make wayyyy more? lol

That question is obviously rhetorical... but that doesn't mean I don't think it. With no disrespect intended.
I guess the irony is that to people with let's say...'mainstream' interests, the appeal of what you described there would be more comprehensible than that of the films you actually make. For those who do more extreme fetish material, however well done, this effect would be even greater. Unfortunately that's the nature of a niche market...
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

I for one don't care for porn, it actually pushes me away from videos.

And yes, evej some of us have some taste in common, the range is really open about everything. For me you need a super heroine, that is really powerful, then have a little peril (ko and tied up or something) and in the end winning...because what is the case of a heroine if she can't win?

So I guess it is really difficult to catter all ends.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I agree... I feel like the adult stuff (I've done a few myself) just completely detracts from the intent of the film... especially if the intent of the film is obvious to showcase a porn scene. But each person is here for their own reasons I suppose... I prefer real danger and imminent threat... and I also prefer new ways of things happening... which becomes difficult once you've done so many films... It's a matter of taste. :)
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:I agree... I feel like the adult stuff (I've done a few myself) just completely detracts from the intent of the film... especially if the intent of the film is obvious to showcase a porn scene. But each person is here for their own reasons I suppose... I prefer real danger and imminent threat... and I also prefer new ways of things happening... which becomes difficult once you've done so many films... It's a matter of taste. :)
I think that sexual peril(as opposed to 'porn in costume' crap) can be and frequently IS a benefit in SHiP videos. Like anything else though, it's HOW it's used and how well it's EXECUTED. To me it's more of a peril element like a fight scene, or a torture scene or whatever. If a fight scene is done poorly, or is done in such a way as to where you have no idea WHY it's happening...that would also detract from the intent of the film. If it's well done and makes sense...it makes the film better. :)

I agree that it's a matter of taste though. If you're not into it, then you're not into it...nothing wrong with that. :cool2:
niko999
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Logan wrote:Here's an honest question: I see a lot of content out there. Sometimes, I watch previews and think to myself: How is this SHIP and not porn? But then I see viewers condone it and recommend it - which is great for the producer who created it and this is in no way an attack on them, but my understanding of what a viewer is actually looking for is still not 100% clear. Are you looking for girls to feel themselves up in a costume or are you looking for peril to happen during a scenario that you would see in a movie? All references are always the 60's Batman & Wonder Woman TV shows and Barbarella, Supergirl, Barb Wire, etc. - so when I see videos that have comments like "this was awesome and exactly what I want" but it's nothing like a TV show and closer to a porn scene, I guess it confuses me with the feedback I get... (keeping in mind that I understand there are different crowds and markets)

I think the problem is the shows you list were the *foundation* for a 1001 different fetishes. That's where it started for people (or that's where it started for people who went on to make comics, video games, movies etc which then effected the next generation). Then from that foundation everyone created their own individual thing. They either a) take one small piece of the foundation, focus on that and turn it into a fetish in itself e.g. a woman being carried OTS (and there can be hundreds of these as you know) or b) they add their other turn-ons to the foundation to get a double dose effect i.e. if they like girl/girl porn and they like Barbarella/Batman then both at the same time is twice as good.

I think once that mental process has happened for people and it's become a mental fetish then it can work as porn with only a minimal amount of the foundation left e.g. just a costume, as long as it's just enough to trigger the mental association. On the other hand some might need more of the foundation to get the same effect. I'm in the second group as I like girl/girl porn on its own and girl/girl porn in superheroine costumes is hotter but not much hotter but superheroine costumes plus campy sexual peril dialog is much hotter (even without the porn bit).

Actually now I think of it the campy sexual peril dialog is my fetish: costume plus dialog.

Anyway, common foundation with 1001 branches and the branches divided into

1) taking one component of the common foundation and magnifying it into a fetish
or
2) some amount (varying by person) of the common foundation combined with other turn ons

hence the confusion.

(on the original question: villainess' in all black costumes?)