A stronger turn towards Camp

KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

A stronger turn towards Camp

Post by KnightsofGotham.com »

We have been giving serious thought to producing more classic tv camp peril and a mixture of erotic camp content.
We have bought and received the classic TV show batgirl suit and will be moving forwards towards making more camp movies.
As it stands now we are straddling the fence with our productions. while there is some silliness to them, they can and do get dark.

We want to start offering a bit more lighter fare for those who don't fancy the dark stuff.
but fear not....
We won't stop making our usual videos... currently we are releasing one movie a month. We hope to escalate that number to 2 releases a month. One will be our usual fare and the other will be strictly camp based.

Expect to see ludicrous villains like the Mast master, Baroness Lepew, and the Mad Mad Monk.

I have commissioned a Batman costume for myself. Its all leather and rubber and looks pretty badass so there is very little chance of having that be in the camp productions but maybe a classic costume for a more campy batman. I would have to shave....but thats a sacrifice Im willing to make
(Iv'e been losing 2-3 pounds a month so before too long I should be presentable in a costume....maybe with the help of a girdle)

What are your thoughts?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: A stronger turn towards Camp

Post by tallyho »

before you shave if you are doing camp, why not play a Ming the Merciless type villain?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:before you shave if you are doing camp, why not play a Ming the Merciless type villain?
That isn't a bad idea....and I could get some interesting robes.... In the perfect world there would be a male who could play batman for us and leave me to play ra's al ghoul.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by tallyho »

By 'interesting robes' I hope you dont mean see through!! :lol:

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:By 'interesting robes' I hope you dont mean see through!! :lol:
Naw....Meant more like:
there's a chick on Etsy that can make them for under a grand..... It might be worth the investment.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by tallyho »

You would certainly look the part, and let's face it , it doesn't get any camper than that!
Depending on the design it could also double up as a wizard - type character for future projects, where you dont need the beard

KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:You would certainly look the part
Yeah... If I can manage to lose that last 7 pounds I won't have any gut any more and could be a standing for ming. LOL :smart:
tallyho wrote: it doesn't get any camper than that!
You're 100% correct about that. It really doesn't get any campier than ming.
tallyho wrote: it could also double up as a wizard - type character for future projects, where you dont need the beard
thats true as well...could always get a pasted beard for a return to ming / Ra's
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by tallyho »

The purpose made cozzy seems a little steep though -
I'd be tempted if you are going for camp/cheese to buy an existing cheap one and soup it up with your own add ons. As you are going for a camp look the crapper the better in some ways.

http://www.wildnightsfancydress.co.uk/f ... 2601-p.asp

You could have it that the villain is really just a nut job who thinks he's Ming hence the cheap costume

Good luck with whatever you do, it's good to have you back in the fold and kudos for what you are doing with your green screen / effects.

KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote: I'd be tempted if you are going for camp/cheese to buy an existing cheap one and soup it up with your own add ons. As you are going for a camp look the crapper the better in some ways.
Yeah....Saw it and although that particular one doesn't fit my frame it made me think about going that route. You just saved me a grand. Where do I mail the money to?
:thumbup:

tallyho wrote: kudos for what you are doing with your green screen / effects.
Thats nice of you to say. its still really rough but each new project allows me to learn a little more.
right now I'm trying to learn how to get a 3d space ship to crash into the waters of gotham harbor with the city in the background. that monster is killing me!
Getting the city in the background isn't the hard part its rendering a similar water texture in between the city and the crash so it looks real.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by tallyho »

The money would only corrupt me....

Interesting -good looking splash down so far . Could you maybe extend the water back further so the cityscape is more of a line of buildings on the horizon? I assume it being actually in the harbour isn't intrinsic to the storyline so you could still have the occupants making landfall at the harbour quayside or boats heading out from the harbour to the crash and you only need to give the impression of it being near the waterfront, in which case a city on the horizon might work?

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by tallyho »

Another option might be a crash at night so you don't have to worry too much about the texture mapping?

KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Both of these are good ideas and worth looking into. As it stands now the space ship idea was necessary because our Batgirl has an alien spaceship as a headquarters and a few people have asked why and how so we figured a backstory for the spaceship was necessary. Its supposed to be close enough to the harbor to make it feasible that she would use it as a headquarters but you are right.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by Mr. X »

Gradiate the alpha on the backdrop so it slowly merges with the foreground water. Also move the camera so the viewer does not get a chance to notice the difference.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:Gradiate the alpha on the backdrop so it slowly merges with the foreground water. Also move the camera so the viewer does not get a chance to notice the difference.
Maybe while I'm at it introduce a low hanging fog...lol I might be able to sell it if I were to add a 3d tanker in between the fog and the city so you can see the city above the fog but barely see the tanker through the fog thats blocking the nonexistent shore line.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:Gradiate the alpha on the backdrop so it slowly merges with the foreground water. Also move the camera so the viewer does not get a chance to notice the difference.
The background however isn't a background but a 3d city from the metropolitan pack.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by Mr. X »

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
The background however isn't a background but a 3d city from the metropolitan pack.
Well you can render them separate then composite them.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
Well you can render them separate then composite them.
I'm trying to figure it out, but if I can't do it i will probably hire someone to do it for me. what I usually do is ask that whoever makes it for me supplies me with the project files which allows me to reverse engineer the process...thats how I learned how to key in the first place.

Its an ambitious project but these ambitious projects are always what makes us grow so they are welcomed.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Post by Mr. X »

What are you using for rendering? Also think about your camera movements. Does it have to be that way? If you make the scene static you could use just a large image of night city scene as the back.

Usually I render to png image files which have the alpha in then and then composite in a video editor. The fog maybe a good idea. Again you could use a static sky line pic.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sky ... &FORM=IGRE
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:What are you using for rendering? Also think about your camera movements. Does it have to be that way? If you make the scene static you could use just a large image of night city scene as the back.

Usually I render to png image files which have the alpha in then and then composite in a video editor. The fog maybe a good idea. Again you could use a static sky line pic.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sky ... &FORM=IGRE
The only reason Im using the element 3d metropolitan city for the background is because it doesn't have any water and I can use the texture used for the animation as the water color all the way to the docks of the city. using a stock photo i would have to use a picture that came as close as possible while then manipulating the waterline to match. Also the metropolitan 3d pack is clearly 3d and has obvious depth while thew stock photo looks like a 2d image.

I'm still not sure where Im going with this. My curse has always been trying to achieve more than I am able to which 50% of the time allows me to break through to a new growth and 50% of the time makes me fall flat on my face with a piece of trash as the final product.

I don't know....time will tell.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Dogfish »

I think shooting for campy stuff sounds like a good idea in general. Kind of a throwback to the 60s when even the stuff that was meant to be serious was camp as hell.

As an aside though, it could be worth exploring the darker type of movies while retaining a camp or silly side to them. This was something that was pretty common way back when and it often worked really well. For example:

The Prisoner- A really intense espionage drama and oh wait hang on the deadliest threat is getting chased down by a weather balloon.

The Avengers - Often a pretty high body count, often in horrible (but always clean looking) ways, and then every case solved by a hottie in a catsuit and a dapper gent in a bowler hat who work for a guy called Mother.

Any James Bond film with Roger Moore - You've got scary baddies like Jaws, but you've got little angry butler dudes and all female commando teams lead by women with names like Octopussy.

Flash Gordon already got a mention and you could also count Buck Rogers and Dr Who in there as well among the silly yet occasionally dark kind of shows/films.

There's a whole genre of tacky European spy movies that was knocking around in the 60s and 70s too that bounced between the sinister and the plain ridonkulous, while generally trying to keep their tone as serious as possible. There's the Matt Helm and Flint movies too, which Austin Powers spoofed without actually matching for sheer silliness.

I think if you dig into vintage stuff like that as a source of inspiration you might tap into something that will really resonate with fans, because for a lot of people it will be the formative stuff that shaped their kinks when they were growing up. It's usually incredibly silly stuff but it's not shy about darker themes like taking over/blowing up the world, murder, mayhem- basically anything was fair game back then as long as the special effect wasn't too hard to pull off. :)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Dogfish wrote: I think if you dig into vintage stuff like that as a source of inspiration you might tap into something that will really resonate with fans, because for a lot of people it will be the formative stuff that shaped their kinks when they were growing up. It's usually incredibly silly stuff but it's not shy about darker themes like taking over/blowing up the world, murder, mayhem- basically anything was fair game back then as long as the special effect wasn't too hard to pull off. :)
You speak such truths. Seriously. As an example allow me to tell you a short story.
When we first started making freeze films we noticed that most of the producers were sticking to a familiar formula. but even though freeze was not my fetish I remember a movie from my childhood called
"the girl, the gold watch, and everything"
I tried to structure our freeze movies using that movie as a guideline and found that many of the freeze folks started really digging our movies.
and it was because it tapped into that movie they watched that was the seed for their adult fetish.

I feel you have tapped into a rather good point. If carful exploration is made we might be able to tap into a treasure trove of ideas.