Costume details

General discussions about superheroines!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So I'm working on a custom script and I was working on the costumes for my super heroines and I was hoping to get some help/advice from the group. Also, I thought this would be an interesting discussion in general.

What are you favorite elements of the super heroine costume?

I see a lot of people on this board who love pantyhose and an equal number who advocate for bare legs.

Do you like leotards high on the hips? Or short shorts?

Do you like belts? Gloves? Capes?

There are several forum topics already about masks. What makes a good mask? Personally, I think a good mask should never alter the shape of the model's eyes.

What about skirts? Tight or flowing? Long or short.

What else? What kinds of things do you just love to see?

Bonus points if you post sample pics of your favorite elements.

Sometimes, I'll see the tiniest, seemingly insignificant detail that just strikes me as super hot. Here's an example. This is an image of Mary Marvel I found online.

See the slit on the left-hand-side of the skirt? If you look really closely, at the very top of the slit, there's a little barely-visible hint of the panties she's wearing underneath. I just love that, but I'm finding it hard to describe in real life. Anyone go any live-action pics of anything like that?
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Good questions, and a very good topic that is bound to generate a variety of tastes and preferences....for me, the season 2/3 Wonder Woman costume is a good start, but I would have preferred Lynda's bare legs and a higher cut on the bottoms; the hip and butt area was too covered. Other than that, I loved the way Lynda looked in it. On the other hand, I also liked the bright Electra Woman and Dyna Girl costumes, too. I liked the shiny material and the short capes. They obviously didn't serve any practical function other than to barely cover their butts. So if you were to merge the best elements of WW and EW you would get a costume like Sunder....if I had to describe my ideal super heroine costume, it would probably be Sunder's. The colors, the cut, and length of cape, and no mask or gloves. I wish the boots were lower though, not higher than the knee
scwank
Henchman
Henchman

I'm probably in the minority, but lately in many productions it seems that bottoms are getting so high cut that it almost looks silly - like a piece of butt floss riding up to the stomach. It's probably illogical to state that a superheroine running around in a skimpy outfit should be virtuous, but when things go too far, it destroys the illusion for me. I guess for me there is a fine line between sexy and slutty.

I'm pretty flexible regarding other elements. I like skirts, but also can do without. I love gloves. And overall, I love when costumes have a satin-like finish to them - something with a soft sheen.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

At SHC we had Rebecca Love in a small skirt costume. I forget the character. But it had that nice upskirt fetish going. Plus Logan just did a skirted sailor girl in his rapture video.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Why not post this as a poll with the top 10 or twenty obvious options - cape, skirt, bodysuit, leotards, mask, gloves, etc.

Allow several choices (if you can do that, I've never set one up)

(And there it is, my one good idea of 2015 and still 9 months to go. Dammit! :sad: )
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think you can start a poll.
dagger_fan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Elements that I like and don't see enough in costume design: pleated skirts (REALLY pleated), ponytails and short-sleeved tops. Here is a character I'm currently RP with which includes this elements (did her on HeroMachine 3, in case you wonder, I'm no artist):

IMO women are more comfortable fighting when their breasts are held in position by her uniform. I like to mix sexiness with something a woman would actually use. Of course the skirt doesn't seem to fill that criteria, but I rationalize it by thinking the heroine would use it so her buttocks are not very visible and use it short to allow her to use her martial arts. Personally I dislike overly sexual uniforms. Superheroines wearing bikinis feel too fake to me unless they are strongly justified (heroine that needs exposure to solar rays for her powers, jungle superheroine). However, I love the idea from Randy Moore's American Avenger where the villain keeps putting the heroine in smaller and more embarrassing versions of her costume to humiliate her. I would definitely like to see that trope repeated in the future.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

And the Japanese akiba site has some really good costumes! I particularly like their Spandexer heroines
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:if I had to describe my ideal super heroine costume, it would probably be Sunder's. The colors, the cut, and length of cape, and no mask or gloves. I wish the boots were lower though, not higher than the knee
Post a pic. I had to look up what Sunder's costume looks like. :)
scwank wrote:I'm probably in the minority, but lately in many productions it seems that bottoms are getting so high cut that it almost looks silly - like a piece of butt floss riding up to the stomach. It's probably illogical to state that a superheroine running around in a skimpy outfit should be virtuous, but when things go too far, it destroys the illusion for me. I guess for me there is a fine line between sexy and slutty.
I don't mind the butt-floss or the high-on-hips leotards. But I know what you mean, and I agree. I think a super heroine should be classy, not slutty. In fact, I tend to prefer more of a boy-shorts cut to the bottoms, myself. I didn't used to like that when I was younger, though, so I guess tastes change. :)

tallyho wrote:Why not post this as a poll with the top 10 or twenty obvious options - cape, skirt, bodysuit, leotards, mask, gloves, etc.

Allow several choices (if you can do that, I've never set one up)
I thought about it, but I really don't want this to be a poll. I'm looking for the really specific details. Polls are just too blunt and you can only pick the options the poll-creator thought of. I'm more interesting in the specific nitty-gritty details of what people like.

Mr. X wrote:At SHC we had Rebecca Love in a small skirt costume. I forget the character. But it had that nice upskirt fetish going. Plus Logan just did a skirted sailor girl in his rapture video.
Was there a slit? For some reason, this Mary Marvel pic has got me really thinking about a slitted skirt where you can see what's underneath. Something really hot about that. :)
dagger_fan wrote:Elements that I like and don't see enough in costume design: pleated skirts (REALLY pleated), ponytails and short-sleeved tops. Here is a character I'm currently RP with which includes this elements (did her on HeroMachine 3, in case you wonder, I'm no artist):

IMO women are more comfortable fighting when their breasts are held in position by her uniform. I like to mix sexiness with something a woman would actually use. Of course the skirt doesn't seem to fill that criteria, but I rationalize it by thinking the heroine would use it so her buttocks are not very visible and use it short to allow her to use her martial arts. Personally I dislike overly sexual uniforms. Superheroines wearing bikinis feel too fake to me unless they are strongly justified (heroine that needs exposure to solar rays for her powers, jungle superheroine). However, I love the idea from Randy Moore's American Avenger where the villain keeps putting the heroine in smaller and more embarrassing versions of her costume to humiliate her. I would definitely like to see that trope repeated in the future.
Lots of really good points here. I, too, am a big fan of pleated skirts - or any flowy skirt. I don't think a super heroine in a tight form-fitting skirt makes sense, because it would inhibit movement. A flowy or pleated skirt is a lot better and make more sense, but for some reason, you don't see them very often. Maybe because producer think that tight skirts are sexier?

I also like the short-sleeves and ponytail ideal. I think I might use that in one of my upcoming customs. :)
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dyna Girl wore pig tails; while it was cute and slightly altered her civilian identity, it doesn't serve too well in fighting situations. They make great hand holds and can be leveraged against her. A heroine with pig tails or ponytails would easily be subdued
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:Dyna Girl wore pig tails; while it was cute and slightly altered her civilian identity, it doesn't serve too well in fighting situations. They make great hand holds and can be leveraged against her. A heroine with pig tails or ponytails would easily be subdued
Yeah, but they are super sexy. :)
dagger_fan
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

TIEnTEEZ wrote:I also like the short-sleeves and ponytail ideal. I think I might use that in one of my upcoming customs.
Really?!? :blink: I'm glad you liked the suggestion!
avenger wrote:Dyna Girl wore pig tails; while it was cute and slightly altered her civilian identity, it doesn't serve too well in fighting situations. They make great hand holds and can be leveraged against her. A heroine with pig tails or ponytails would easily be subdued
And that is a bad thing, how? :joker:
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

If you are doing established superheroine, I think authenticity is the key.

I don't want to see Batgirl in a skirt or in a Bikini outfit.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:If you are doing established superheroine, I think authenticity is the key.

I don't want to see Batgirl in a skirt or in a Bikini outfit.
That's a fair point. Personally, I don't mind seeing a new take on the costume of an existing character. But it has to stay true to the spirit of the character. Batgirl in a skimpy string bikini doesn't work for me, either.
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Costumes have 2 functions: Hide the identity and protection. Given the amount of vulnerable flesh on show neither of these functions are really being served.
A masked heroine feels invulnerable because her face is covered, and full body suits such as a "Stephanie" Batgirl or some versions of Huntress provide more than physical protection, they bring psychological protection too. Midway between protection and revelation come Black Scorpion, Black Canary etc., where sexuality both in their look and the way they feel within the costumes -turned on by how the costume feels and the effect it has on their (male) opponents.
The effect on the viewer of these is as varied as there are fetishes. Most people want to see the heroine laid low, or tied or tortured or raped, but no two fans can really agree on whether she is costumed, naked, or partially clad. Then are the costumes torn off, cut off or ripped and left hanging in tatters?
High boots, low boots, bare footed? Bare legs, tights, torn and laddered tights, tights pulled down but left on, tights pulled off. Costume items used as gags, garrots, nooses or other weapons. If you were to attempt to fulfill even a quarter of these you'd tie yourself in knots pretty quickly.
Go with what turns you on, make the outfit practical for the character and her environment, but with enough removable/lose-able/tear-off-able to suit your tastes, and you should find enough others who share your tastes to build an audience.
Good luck!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

'Batgirl in a skimpy string bikini doesn't work for me, either.'

What if it was called a 'Batkini' ;) ?

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

EvilDaria wrote:Costumes have 2 functions: Hide the identity and protection. Given the amount of vulnerable flesh on show neither of these functions are really being served.
I think there are others.
For example: branding. A costume allows a hero to be recognized more easily, even if you don't know what her face looks like.
Sexuality (or simply aesthetics) is, of course, the 4th reason and it's the one that matters most to those of us with a super heroine fetish. :)
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

I'd say I'm sort of an odd guy. For me the skimpier costumes or bikini style ones I've seen done for WW just don't do it for me. I want to see a costume not a swimsuit. I love leotards though I prefer more full bottom ones than thong style or real high cut ones. Being a Supergirl fan I of course enjoy seeing a heroine in a skirt. However I don't like the idea that the heroine has just their panties on underneath. I mean come on, cheerleaders don't just wear their undies under their skirts, so I imagine a superheroine is going to do the same. So some sort of shorts or bloomers, even the bottom of their leotard is good.

Skirt styles I generally prefer skirts that have room to move. Hip hugging skirts don't make much sense so a pleated or loose skirt about mid thigh is great. I fall into the tights/pantyhose camp so I like to see heroines in said nylon. Interestingly I've grown to like more obvious tights rather than sheer styles. Super-Missy's light flesh colored opaque tights being one of my favs I've seen on a heroine recently. I'm inclined to see more of the heroine's legs so shorter boots or calf high ones are best.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
scwank
Henchman
Henchman

sgz6 wrote:I'd say I'm sort of an odd guy. For me the skimpier costumes or bikini style ones I've seen done for WW just don't do it for me. I want to see a costume not a swimsuit. I love leotards though I prefer more full bottom ones than thong style or real high cut ones. Being a Supergirl fan I of course enjoy seeing a heroine in a skirt. However I don't like the idea that the heroine has just their panties on underneath. I mean come on, cheerleaders don't just wear their undies under their skirts, so I imagine a superheroine is going to do the same. So some sort of shorts or bloomers, even the bottom of their leotard is good.
I think you just verbalized my thoughts 10 times better than I did with my earlier "hard to take butt floss seriously" comment. I think you nailed why thong style and super high cuts don't do it for me.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's interesting that so far several people have said something like "I'm odd" and then gone on to describe the same things that other people also thought made them odd. So it's really not so odd at all. :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

TIEnTEEZ wrote:It's interesting that so far several people have said something like "I'm odd" and then gone on to describe the same things that other people also thought made them odd. So it's really not so odd at all. :)

We're all just a bunch of weirdos. :yes:

labink61
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

TIGHTS in bright colors lots of sleeping gas and chloroform
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I don't care about the practical part, I only care about the cleavage and high cut

Yes I am shallow
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

Great question! First, I personally think it depends on the heroine, whether it is a classic like Supergirl or a new creation like Sunder or UltraGirl. If it is a classic character, I like them to be in costumes that are close to the true ones. For instance:

Cassidy's Supergirl costume is perfect and the one I want when there is a video featuring that heroine.

For a created superheroine, I like the costume to have a leotard with a semi-high cut on the hip but not have thong-like qualities. I believe a pure heroine would not be wearing a bikini or a thong. It needs to cover the "goods" and still be sexy. Examples:

Image Image

While this type of leotard is my favorite, as a Supergirl fan, I like a short skirt as well. Example:

Hollie Winnard pulls off the pleated short skirt perfectly with the ability for the bottom of the leotard or the undies to peek out in battle.

And as you can deduce through the post, I prefer the bare legs over pantyhose in my heroines. It's not a make or break but just a preference.

For the neckline of the leotard, I like this:

So, a low cut just above the breasts so they are front and center in the villain's mind.

In terms of footwear, I like the knee-high boots. UltraGirl pulls it off above and Celestia pulls it off here:

ImageImage

For the accessories, I like the cape down to just above the heroine's bottom.

Hope this helps and good luck with your custom!
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Sometimes.... Less is More!

Embrace the simplicity!

Less fabric, thus .... Environment friendly!(plus costume cost!)
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

For outfits with a cape, I generally prefer the cape to at least be long enough to cover the heroine's ass (as in the Moonstar outfit attached) and at most reach to the bottom of the heroine's boots. And I usually prefer longer capes. But that's just me.
Attachments
2934947_orig.jpg
2934947_orig.jpg (164.47 KiB) Viewed 6659 times
JMH Gotham
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Speaking of less is more how about just boots and a mask[img]
kekko.jpg
kekko.jpg (90.05 KiB) Viewed 6656 times
[/img]
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Don't get me wrong. I love looking at half-naked women. But the whole less-is-more thing just isn't very super heroine-y. I don't buy it. No heroine would ever dress like that. It's just too impractical to be believable. Not to mention that she'd be breaking the law for indecent exposure. :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Don't get me wrong. I love looking at half-naked women. But the whole less-is-more thing just isn't very super heroine-y. I don't buy it. No heroine would ever dress like that. It's just too impractical to be believable. Not to mention that she'd be breaking the law for indecent exposure. :)
I agree... less is more is too porn-like for me too. I prefer seeing costume types that accentuate their bodies rather than simply exposing them. I wonder what the majority opinion is on this?
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:Don't get me wrong. I love looking at half-naked women. But the whole less-is-more thing just isn't very super heroine-y. I don't buy it. No heroine would ever dress like that. It's just too impractical to be believable. Not to mention that she'd be breaking the law for indecent exposure. :)
I agree... less is more is too porn-like for me too. I prefer seeing costume types that accentuate their bodies rather than simply exposing them. I wonder what the majority opinion is on this?
In my experience, it's pretty evenly divided, like most fetishes in this genre. Some people like more, some like less. Which is unfortunate, because the more people who agree with more, the more I get what I want. :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Big fan of more. Turtleneck leotard, opera gloves, belt or sash, tights, stiletto boots and a mask that's open from the nose down to the jaw (Batgirl or Spider-Woman style). The skimpy bikini costumes just don't fit in with the idea of a crime-fighting uniform.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Big fan of more. Turtleneck leotard, opera gloves, belt or sash, tights, stiletto boots and a mask that's open from the nose down to the jaw (Batgirl or Spider-Woman style). The skimpy bikini costumes just don't fit in with the idea of a crime-fighting uniform.
Depending on the "rating", I also kind of feel like if you shred up or push aside a bikini, you really haven't accomplished much. It's not much of a defilement since it was probably going to slip on it's own sooner or later...
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Logan wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:Big fan of more. Turtleneck leotard, opera gloves, belt or sash, tights, stiletto boots and a mask that's open from the nose down to the jaw (Batgirl or Spider-Woman style). The skimpy bikini costumes just don't fit in with the idea of a crime-fighting uniform.
Depending on the "rating", I also kind of feel like if you shred up or push aside a bikini, you really haven't accomplished much. It's not much of a defilement since it was probably going to slip on it's own sooner or later...

That's one big reason I never wanted to do a Vampirella character... what was the point? (costume-wise... we even had issues on set keeping everything in)
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
Logan wrote:
In my experience, it's pretty evenly divided, like most fetishes in this genre. Some people like more, some like less. Which is unfortunate, because the more people who agree with more, the more I get what I want. :)
Here the more vocal ones prefer more, I think you are the lucky one
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

To me, this photo of KnightWoman (Emily Addison) is pretty much the perfect superheroine costume. I'll try to explain why from top to bottom:

Mask - A skintight lycra mask with coverage of the neck, yet the holes reveal just the right amount of Emily's face, particularly around her eyes. There's also a ponytail hole at the back to let her long hair flow. It's not rigid or bulky like a lot of Batgirl-style masks. It's feminine and really compliments the wearer's beauty.

Cape - A long, flowing cape with a nice fastening mechanism. (Unlike the awful strings tied in a bow.) It swishes and glides as the wearer moves.

Leotard - A high-collared (almost turtleneck) leotard. Not too high cut at the legs, with the waistband of the tights well concealed. Shows off the wearer's shape nicely without revealing an inch of skin. Perfect for peeling off or ripping open.

Gloves - Long opera gloves just look really elegant. The sight of such gloved hands clenched into fists is hugely appealing to me. I love to see classy ladies in action.

Belt - A substantial utility belt with compartments. Makes the costume more credible as a work uniform. Also balances the ratio of yellow to purple.

Tights - You either love 'em or hate 'em. I'm a big fan of perfect legs in this type of nylon. A peavey perv, if you will.

Boots - Stiletto boots with pointed tips. Sleek and ultra-feminine. Totally impractical, of course, but aesthetically much nicer than some of bulky footwear seen in this genre.
Attachments
KW.jpg
KW.jpg (491.24 KiB) Viewed 6286 times
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

The costume is so important. I liken it to when I was a little kid on Christmas morning. Waking up early before my parents were awake to inspect and guess what was in the packages under the tree. My imagination went wild.
Sooooo, I like a costume that does the same thing. I want it to package the model/actress to accentuate her best physical attributes. Here are a few:

A tight fitting leotard is always a good start. It accentuates the curves of a fit sexy woman.
The symbol of power across her impressive chest is always a plus. A nice set of mams always screams femine power to me.

To show off a womans legs a short skirt that swishes slightly when she walks draws my eye. If not a skirt, then a medium high cut on the leotard helps give the impression the legs are really really long!

A nice ass should not be covered by the cape. A cape that allows the ass to 'peak' out is nice. Boots with a heel help that too! The boots should not be so long they cover too much leg. Calf high is my preference.

Of course all that can be ruined if the costume does not fit and the parts do not match. An example is do the boots go with the belt?

All that being said, I have seen some which are no more than a bathing suit. Most sucked, but there are some, as shown above in other posts that were very nice and fit the heroine and story.

K
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

A skirt on a costume is a nice feature since it allows for the sexy and forbidden upskirt views. And there's nothing better than seeing a heroine prone on the floor with her skirt in disarray and her panties showing. :w00t:

The skirt doesn't have to be pleated by any means, but in my mind for some reason, a heavily-pleated skirt implies a more youthful look to the heroine, an innocence that begs for ravishing. :yes:
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote:A skirt on a costume is a nice feature since it allows for the sexy and forbidden upskirt views. And there's nothing better than seeing a heroine prone on the floor with her skirt in disarray and her panties showing. :w00t:

The skirt doesn't have to be pleated by any means, but in my mind for some reason, a heavily-pleated skirt implies a more youthful look to the heroine, an innocence that begs for ravishing. :yes:
You bring up a very interesting point about skirts. IMO, a super heroine who wears a skirt should always wear a flowy skirt, like a dancer or ice-skater. Not necessarily pleated, as you say, but never a tight skirt, because it would hinder her movement.

This is one of the things that really bugs me about some of the Halloween costumes that some producers are using nowadays. It's actually gotten better recently, and lots of producers have stopped using them because they are so crappy. But there are still a few holdouts.
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

However she dresses, the superheroine has to wear it with a swagger. The sexier it is the more she has to present her appearance as a distraction or a come on. But she has also to be very confident in her abilities, because the more revealing it is the easily she can be humiliated when she loses a fight. If the actress isn't confident in the outfit then we'll notice. In the end it's a balancing act between "costumed fighter" and "costumed slut", and that often comes down to personality. I also echo the "don't use Halloween costumes" @TIEnTEEZ, what self-respecting superheroine would buy her gear from Wal-Mart or Party Shop?
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

EvilDaria wrote: I also echo the "don't use Halloween costumes" @TIEnTEEZ, what self-respecting superheroine would buy her gear from Wal-Mart or Party Shop?
Actually, in the Peter David-written comic series about Earth Angels, Supergirl herself takes her makeshift costume from the window of a party shop when she's in a desperate situation. That was the start of the white top with the "S" emblem and the tight blue short shirt and clumpy red boots.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

avenger wrote:Good questions, and a very good topic that is bound to generate a variety of tastes and preferences....for me, the season 2/3 Wonder Woman costume is a good start, but I would have preferred Lynda's bare legs and a higher cut on the bottoms; the hip and butt area was too covered. Other than that, I loved the way Lynda looked in it. On the other hand, I also liked the bright Electra Woman and Dyna Girl costumes, too. I liked the shiny material and the short capes. They obviously didn't serve any practical function other than to barely cover their butts. So if you were to merge the best elements of WW and EW you would get a costume like Sunder....if I had to describe my ideal super heroine costume, it would probably be Sunder's. The colors, the cut, and length of cape, and no mask or gloves. I wish the boots were lower though, not higher than the knee
The capes EW & DG wore actually did serve practical purposes. First, they concealed the wireless microphone transmitters they wore at the small of their backs, attached to the oversized belts. (Remember, this is 1970's technology. Even Crimescope couldn't miniaturize them.) They're very briefly visible in a few scenes. They seemed about the size of two decks of cards and were connected by wires to their body microphones.

Second, they were probably required by network censors. I realize Lynda Carter didn't normally wear capes, but that was primetime; EW & DG were aired on Saturday morning. At the end of the first Pharaoh episode, you can see Deidre Hall's shapely exposed rear. At the start of Part II, it's covered up. Pity.

Returning to the question at hand, shiny spandex costume (preferably bathed in light) and high heeled boots (non-platform) will get me to open up my wallet.
LtStrange
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I think all viewers have their own "optimum" costume. Personally I don't need nude but revealing costumes with fetish details such as tight shiny material and boots etc. Mostly classical style such as high cut leotards catsuit style and i will be happy. If there is a camel toe and/or nice booty that is a great bonus. Skirts are usually a no-go for me since they tend to cover too much of the interesting parts. If I want more gynecology there are plenty of that around.