Film your own PG customs?

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Out of curiosity... are there any non-producers on this forum who own camera equipment but don't film their own content for one reason or another? Why not, if so?
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Because producing takes a hell of alot more than just owning a camera.... I'd hope you'd know that X-)

I do own my own kit, and am in the process of shooting my own film. However, it's SO much easier to work with other producers.

Having said that, never have paid for a custom.

Generally is I send producers a script as a suggestion, and give them plenty of room to run with it. Often producers will, and they do tend to sell pretty well.

A more traditional way of doing things - minus royalties or pay for me of course........ but, meh - for teh lulz.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:Because producing takes a hell of alot more than just owning a camera.... I'd hope you'd know that X-)

I do own my own kit, and am in the process of shooting my own film. However, it's SO much easier to work with other producers.

Having said that, never have paid for a custom.

Generally is I send producers a script as a suggestion, and give them plenty of room to run with it. Often producers will, and they do tend to sell pretty well.

A more traditional way of doing things - minus royalties or pay for me of course........ but, meh - for teh lulz.
I am just curious because I feel like having a camera (in this genre) and having a model/talent and some Craigslist actors to play bad guys is enough to basically create your own Custom Order... you could shoot exactly what you want. I'm doing an initiative like this around the country and I provide the post-production services and, in exchange, retain the rights to sell the content (but not the rights to characters, story, etc) via contract/agreement and it's going well so far, but here, on forums like these, are the guys and girls who know exactly what they would want and what angles, etc. Especially if it's PG or mature-PG content, it seems like a route worth considering. A very inexpensive custom order is how I'm seeing it... no?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm curious. How much do you think a good model costs?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:I'm curious. How much do you think a good model costs?
Was this directed toward me? lol I know the girls' rates. I work with their agents and book them frequently. If you're referring to Adult Content. PG Content, however, can be gotten very cheap in comparison. But where I may save on that, I usually end up paying more in production staff.

Most PG girls want to work on their craft. They're not grouped into a $100/hour fetish rate or Day/Scene rate. They are prepared to show up early, work 10-12 hours, and go home for "standard actor pay" which is far less, even at SAG standards, than any adult performer rate.

Adult: $800 - $1800 depending on content.
PG: $0, $100, $504, $880 depending on overall budget.

Very big difference depending on what you're shooting.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Just getting a random model and 2 guys off craigslist is a recipe for disaster! From experience ;-)

The way to get your custom-producing idea to work would be to bring in the customer as a psudeo director. They can bring the script and vision of how they'd like it to look - yourself would then act as a combination of 1st AD and DP (in addition to other roles as required), to translate the ideas into something cohesive on film.

That's the only way i see it working.

To me it sounds like fracking hard work and a recipe for legal battles - you're gonna need a seriously bullet proof contract. But innovative if it works, i'll give you that.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:Just getting a random model and 2 guys off craigslist is a recipe for disaster! From experience ;-)

The way to get your custom-producing idea to work would be to bring in the customer as a psudeo director. They can bring the script and vision of how they'd like it to look - yourself would then act as a combination of 1st AD and DP (in addition to other roles as required), to translate the ideas into something cohesive on film.

That's the only way i see it working.

To me it sounds like fracking hard work and a recipe for legal battles - you're gonna need a seriously bullet proof contract. But innovative if it works, i'll give you that.
Well, we're trying it out-- without the fetish enthusiast involvement -- you know, just avid filmmakers. The intention is for me to executive produce and oversee post. I have a lot of other projects I'm working on and on looking for avenues to go that will free up some time...

It's always a hit or miss, trial and error type of thing lol

But I do see what you're saying :)
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:I'm doing an initiative like this around the country and I provide the post-production services and, in exchange, retain the rights to sell the content (but not the rights to characters, story, etc) via contract/agreement and it's going well so far
Do you have examples of these movies or projects to link to? Examples of contracts? Examples of how it's going well so far? I ask this cause I think you just pulled this out of the air like today, or this week, and pretending that it's already going well.

Maybe some of these content producers could chime in here and tell us how it's going well for them. Oh wait, you'll probably say they tried but their memberships weren't approved by admin and they can't post.

I think I've said this before. Do not enter into any contracts with this Logan person unless you have a lawyer go over the contract with you.
Logan wrote:...but here, on forums like these, are the guys and girls who know exactly what they would want and what angles, etc. Especially if it's PG or mature-PG content, it seems like a route worth considering. A very inexpensive custom order is how I'm seeing it... no?
No.

This 'Film your own PG customs?' is just another version of this stuff...

Looking for Filmmakers - New Partnership Program - Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am

Los Angeles Producers - Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:06 pm

---

P.S. Looking forward to see what projects Kristina does next. She's likely to do just PG stuff, you should see if she'd be interested in this 'initiative.'
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Really don't think it's going to save any time at all.....

I feel sorry for any crew you send out to work with totally inexperienced people to try and make their customs happen!

I know i'd quit... and i never quit!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:Really don't think it's going to save any time at all.....

I feel sorry for any crew you send out to work with totally inexperienced people to try and make their customs happen!

I know i'd quit... and i never quit!
Well that's why I was seeing who had their own gear here. Assuming they wouldn't be "that" inexperienced lol

Right now, it's film students and indie filmmakers who I'm working with. It's going to be interesting to see what others come up with who are not exposed to this daily. I've given them very specific requirements that have to be met, but other than that, creative control is in their hands up through post-production. It's going to be interesting-- to say the least. :)
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

So you mean wholesale outsourcing of production? That's a little different.

I assume you mean producer rather than executive producer in conventional nomenclature. Or are you just providing cash and nothing else as executive producer implies? ;-)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

swampy170 wrote:So you mean wholesale outsourcing of production? That's a little different.

I assume you mean producer rather than executive producer in conventional nomenclature. Or are you just providing cash and nothing else as executive producer implies? ;-)
Me personally. Just cash. My post-production company is offering it's services for editing, but me, as an individual, I am acting as an Executive Producer.

We'll see how the product turns out but negotiations and enthusiasm have been great thus far. Wish me luck trying something new haha
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

"We'll see how the product turns out but negotiations and enthusiasm have been great thus far."

You started this post less then 5 hours ago, in that time: zero negotiations and zero enthusiasm! That does indeed sound like "been great thus far!"
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:"We'll see how the product turns out but negotiations and enthusiasm have been great thus far."

You started this post less then 5 hours ago, in that time: zero negotiations and zero enthusiasm! That does indeed sound like "been great thus far!"
The reason I don't bother to reply to you typically is because you don't read. You have your head up your own ass and never have anything positive to say to anyone. Pay attention if you're going to chime in with your arrogance. Thanks.
drvoodoo
Sargeant
Sargeant

id be interested, but im in singapore myself
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
Was this directed toward me? lol I know the girls' rates. I work with their agents and book them frequently. If you're referring to Adult Content. PG Content, however, can be gotten very cheap in comparison. But where I may save on that, I usually end up paying more in production staff.

Most PG girls want to work on their craft. They're not grouped into a $100/hour fetish rate or Day/Scene rate. They are prepared to show up early, work 10-12 hours, and go home for "standard actor pay" which is far less, even at SAG standards, than any adult performer rate.

My point was when I see people wanting customs they tend to be in the $100-$400 range. And BTW I have paid fetish models more than $600 a day for PG stuff but I am not centrally located in a place where there are tons of out of work actresses looking for part time work.

Also as you proposed, if you go as far as to do post production etc then someone might as well just pay you the $100-$400 to film the custom and be done with it.

Especially a superheroine shoot requires costumes, props, make up, gotta fly a model in. place to shoot etc.

as swampy170 said, getting some guys of craigs list is pretty dangerous. Do you hire guys off craigs list and BTW being centrally located in an area in which a bunch of actors are looking for work is not the same as being in chicago.

And finally not everyone is creative. They don't know how to piece together something.

The problem I see is if I have a camera and props and can pay models I'm going to do my own editing since I'm "into" the whole thing AND I can just start an account on clips4sale

BTW I'm not attacking the idea. I know GIGA has multiple producers who make movies through the GIGA franchise BUT, from talking with them, they allow the use of GIGA's wardrobe, prop and sets. So basically if someone already has sets, props, wardrobe, camera and zeal they'll probably edit and release themselves.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
Logan wrote:

My point was when I see people wanting customs they tend to be in the $100-$400 range. And BTW I have paid fetish models more than $600 a day for PG stuff but I am not centrally located in a place where there are tons of out of work actresses looking for part time work.

Also as you proposed, if you go as far as to do post production etc then someone might as well just pay you the $100-$400 to film the custom and be done with it.

Especially a superheroine shoot requires costumes, props, make up, gotta fly a model in. place to shoot etc.

as swampy170 said, getting some guys of craigs list is pretty dangerous. Do you hire guys off craigs list and BTW being centrally located in an area in which a bunch of actors are looking for work is not the same as being in chicago.

And finally not everyone is creative. They don't know how to piece together something.

The problem I see is if I have a camera and props and can pay models I'm going to do my own editing since I'm "into" the whole thing AND I can just start an account on clips4sale

BTW I'm not attacking the idea. I know GIGA has multiple producers who make movies through the GIGA franchise BUT, from talking with them, they allow the use of GIGA's wardrobe, prop and sets. So basically if someone already has sets, props, wardrobe, camera and zeal they'll probably edit and release themselves.
Sorry about the delay, I've been working since midday yesterday on a site. It's not done but I'm very close... took a break to shower (lol) before I dive into the legal part of the terms which is always fun (sarcasm). Honestly, there are going to be challenges and advantages no matter where you are located. I guess my only real response is that one needs to figure out how to overcome them and do what they want to do by focusing on the strengths-- that really goes for anything.

As for custom orders at $400... that just doesn't happen with me unless I've already booked someone and someone requests something I can film "extra" during that day with them... customs can be very tedious and most want very specific things which take far longer to produce. I'm sure you know all about that. My customs range very broadly and can get very high in numbers. It's all based on what a customer wants and feels is the value afforded by them.

I'm trying a few new things and we'll see what sticks. You have some very valid points in there but I'm a sucker for trial and error and hate monotony so we'll see where this gust of wind carries me :)
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Because my wife wouldn't let me. I have come close to leaving my wife Sooooo many times in part to wanting to giving this a shot. Maybe some day I will have the balls.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

DrObiCaffi wrote:Because my wife wouldn't let me. I have come close to leaving my wife Sooooo many times in part to wanting to giving this a shot. Maybe some day I will have the balls.
That's a tough situation. I was married once and wanted to leave for quite a while before I mustered up the courage to do it. In my case, it was the right thing to do for everyone involved, but it's different for each case. :-/
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I've often thought of filming my own videos. I was a film major my first year in college before I decided I didn't want to spend my life hustling to find work and switch to computers. But I learned some basics like how to use a camera.

I'm not really interested in PG stuff, but even if I were, there are lots of hurdles to overcome.

First, I need a camera. I have one on my cell phone, which is a crappy way to film anything. So that means I'd have to buy one.

I'd need some place to shoot. Rent a studio or a stage? Use my own home? A lot of professional producers seem to do that, but I always find those videos kinda lame - Oh, look, Wonder Woman is fighting a super villain in someone's living room.

I'd need to hire models. Sure, maybe I could find some on Craig's List, but would they be any good? How would I know? Should I hold auditions? Or use professional models?

Whatever I do, I still have to buy costumes in the correct sizes, write a script, get the models to review the script and determine what they will and will not do.

Then there's the editing. Okay, you say you will do that for a fee? Great.

At the end of the day, after all that time and effort, what have I gained? Sure, I may have saved myself a few bucks by doing it myself, but I've also lost any potential sense of surprise. I already know what the footage looks like before it's even put together. That's good and bad, since I can presumably make the footage fit what I like, but on the other hand, the first time I watch the edited video, I will already know what's in it - and not just know, but I've actually SEEN it first hand.

It just seems like it would be very unsatisfying.

It's the same reason I stopped writing superheroine stories. It's fun and it's interesting to get feedback from other people, but ultimately it's my own ideas recycled into my own brain. When I commission a custom from someone else, I specify some things and then I leave certain things open and I always hope that the produces will add something new to the mix and put their own creative touches on it.

Otherwise, I might just as well close my eyes and imagine it.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:I've often thought of filming my own videos. I was a film major my first year in college before I decided I didn't want to spend my life hustling to find work and switch to computers. But I learned some basics like how to use a camera.

I'm not really interested in PG stuff, but even if I were, there are lots of hurdles to overcome.

First, I need a camera. I have one on my cell phone, which is a crappy way to film anything. So that means I'd have to buy one.

I'd need some place to shoot. Rent a studio or a stage? Use my own home? A lot of professional producers seem to do that, but I always find those videos kinda lame - Oh, look, Wonder Woman is fighting a super villain in someone's living room.

I'd need to hire models. Sure, maybe I could find some on Craig's List, but would they be any good? How would I know? Should I hold auditions? Or use professional models?

Whatever I do, I still have to buy costumes in the correct sizes, write a script, get the models to review the script and determine what they will and will not do.

Then there's the editing. Okay, you say you will do that for a fee? Great.

At the end of the day, after all that time and effort, what have I gained? Sure, I may have saved myself a few bucks by doing it myself, but I've also lost any potential sense of surprise. I already know what the footage looks like before it's even put together. That's good and bad, since I can presumably make the footage fit what I like, but on the other hand, the first time I watch the edited video, I will already know what's in it - and not just know, but I've actually SEEN it first hand.

It just seems like it would be very unsatisfying.

It's the same reason I stopped writing superheroine stories. It's fun and it's interesting to get feedback from other people, but ultimately it's my own ideas recycled into my own brain. When I commission a custom from someone else, I specify some things and then I leave certain things open and I always hope that the produces will add something new to the mix and put their own creative touches on it.

Otherwise, I might just as well close my eyes and imagine it.
That's an interesting, but understandable perspective.
80sRich
Neophyte
Neophyte

swampy170 wrote: I know i'd quit... and i never quit!

This bit I can vouch for!

This guy never quits, even when we're still filming at 1am and he has a 4 hour drive home AND work the next morning!

Swampy you are a god amongst men!
Henchman
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I've given it consideration.

The main reason is because I would be frankly embarrassed explaining what I wanted to someone who didn't "get it".

Not because I'm ashamed or burdened with misplaced guilt or anything, but because in the cold light of day, it's just so ludicrously stupid. I wouldn't be able to rid myself of the notion that everyone involved would be trying not to laugh at me, even if they managed to disguise it really really well.

Also, being involved in the production and seeing behind the curtains completely kills it for me.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Henchman wrote: Also, being involved in the production and seeing behind the curtains completely kills it for me.
I can relate to this. All visual effects are instantly noticeable to me when I watch movies and I concentrate on the process of filming that effect and completely forget I was watching a movie... It's kind of like working with certain celebrities too... The allure is gone now even though they're awesome in person and awesome to work with-- the "magic" is gone now. :(
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

perhaps if there was a dude or 2 in the rochester. new ork area wanting to give it a go....
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

perhaps if there was a dude or 2 in the rochester. new ork area wanting to give it a go....
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

DrObiCaffi wrote:perhaps if there was a dude or 2 in the rochester. new ork area wanting to give it a go....
I would think, depending on how it was presented, that there might actually be quite a few dudes in Rochester NY who would be more than willing to film some sexy content :) One would think, anyway...
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

I live in Rochester, and I for one would love doing something like this. I've also worked on several indie film sets. Its just a question of budget and logistics.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:I am just curious because I feel like having a camera (in this genre) and having a model/talent and some Craigslist actors to play bad guys is enough to basically create your own Custom Order... you could shoot exactly what you want. I'm doing an initiative like this around the country and I provide the post-production services and, in exchange, retain the rights to sell the content (but not the rights to characters, story, etc) via contract/agreement and it's going well so far, but here, on forums like these, are the guys and girls who know exactly what they would want and what angles, etc. Especially if it's PG or mature-PG content, it seems like a route worth considering. A very inexpensive custom order is how I'm seeing it... no?
Craigslist actors working "cash in hand" on videos which will be distributed commercially by a third party? It sounds like a legal minefield.

Also, no matter how many times you say "PG", the fact remains that your superheroine videos are promoted and discussed almost exclusively on adult sites such as here and HeroineMovies. (If this statement is incorrect, please show me the sites where the mainstream audience discusses your work?) Are your film students and indie producers telling their performers that the videos are being marketed to the fetish crowd?
theScribbler wrote:
Logan wrote:I'm doing an initiative like this around the country and I provide the post-production services and, in exchange, retain the rights to sell the content (but not the rights to characters, story, etc) via contract/agreement and it's going well so far
Do you have examples of these movies or projects to link to? Examples of contracts? Examples of how it's going well so far? I ask this cause I think you just pulled this out of the air like today, or this week, and pretending that it's already going well.

Maybe some of these content producers could chime in here and tell us how it's going well for them. Oh wait, you'll probably say they tried but their memberships weren't approved by admin and they can't post.

I think I've said this before. Do not enter into any contracts with this Logan person unless you have a lawyer go over the contract with you.
Logan wrote:...but here, on forums like these, are the guys and girls who know exactly what they would want and what angles, etc. Especially if it's PG or mature-PG content, it seems like a route worth considering. A very inexpensive custom order is how I'm seeing it... no?
No.

This 'Film your own PG customs?' is just another version of this stuff...

Looking for Filmmakers - New Partnership Program - Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:14 am

Los Angeles Producers - Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:06 pm

---

P.S. Looking forward to see what projects Kristina does next. She's likely to do just PG stuff, you should see if she'd be interested in this 'initiative.'
And let's not forget these classics:

Begging - literally begging - for cash donations to get Defeated Heroines set up:
http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic. ... 693#p62588

Crowdfunding a promo to pitch to TV networks:
http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20555

I find it distasteful that a profit-making producer expects other people to take all the financial risks for new projects which would make him money.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

You really brought up a post to help get DH off the ground? Lol from 2013? We have nothing better to talk about now than to bring up 2-year old threads about starting a new project that's well underway? Find it distasteful all you want-- most Hollywood projects have investors regardless of the audience. And go search CBR, articles from Wonder-Con and many other "mainstream" places. You'll find me. Not that I need to prove anything. It's a moot discussion about something that doesn't pertain to nearly anyone here. Just purchase what you will and don't worry about what I'm doing. ;)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:You really brought up a post to help get DH off the ground? Lol from 2013? We have nothing better to talk about now than to bring up 2-year old threads about starting a new project that's well underway? Find it distasteful all you want-- most Hollywood projects have investors regardless of the audience. And go search CBR, articles from Wonder-Con and many other "mainstream" places. You'll find me. Not that I need to prove anything. It's a moot discussion about something that doesn't pertain to nearly anyone here. Just purchase what you will and don't worry about what I'm doing. ;)
Well, investors generally expect to receive a reward which exceeds their initial investment. You were asking for donations, not investment, on the vague promise that people might get a small discount on purchases or a "free" video if they donate $100.

Now you're asking people to hand over actual content in exchange for post-production work, on the understanding that you have exclusive distribution rights and pocket all profits from sales? That sounds like a phenomenally bad deal for the people making the videos.

Also, seeing as you regularly shoot combat videos with trained professionals, surely you must see the dangers of hiring some strangers from Craigslist to perform fight scenes? But then it's not you who would get sued for injuries sustained.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:
Logan wrote:You really brought up a post to help get DH off the ground? Lol from 2013? We have nothing better to talk about now than to bring up 2-year old threads about starting a new project that's well underway? Find it distasteful all you want-- most Hollywood projects have investors regardless of the audience. And go search CBR, articles from Wonder-Con and many other "mainstream" places. You'll find me. Not that I need to prove anything. It's a moot discussion about something that doesn't pertain to nearly anyone here. Just purchase what you will and don't worry about what I'm doing. ;)
Well, investors generally expect to receive a reward which exceeds their initial investment. You were asking for donations, not investment, on the vague promise that people might get a small discount on purchases or a "free" video if they donate $100.

Now you're asking people to hand over actual content in exchange for post-production work, on the understanding that you have exclusive distribution rights and pocket all profits from sales? That sounds like a phenomenally bad deal for the people making the videos.

Also, seeing as you regularly shoot combat videos with trained professionals, surely you must see the dangers of hiring some strangers from Craigslist to perform fight scenes? But then it's not you who would get sued for injuries sustained.

Except that everything you're saying is incorrect. And you're right-- others filming their own films would free me from any liabilities. I would hope that anyone filming stage combat would be safe on set. We'll end the conversation here. Bringing up a 2-year old start-up thread is moot now that the project is up and running. Discussing the ROI on a project where contract terms are not stated is also moot because you don't know all of the details so everything you're laying out holds no merit and is factually incorrect and ignorant to the whole picture. The thread's purpose was to see if there were people in the genre who typically buy and have thought about filming their own content for the sake of conversation. That is all.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:

Except that everything you're saying is incorrect. And you're right-- others filming their own films would free me from any liabilities. I would hope that anyone filming stage combat would be safe on set. We'll end the conversation here. Bringing up a 2-year old start-up thread is moot now that the project is up and running. Discussing the ROI on a project where contract terms are not stated is also moot because you don't know all of the details so everything you're laying out holds no merit and is factually incorrect and ignorant to the whole picture. The thread's purpose was to see if there were people in the genre who typically buy and have thought about filming their own content for the sake of conversation. That is all.
Yeah, Heroine Addict, pay attention to Logan Cross: Logan Cross says "Everything you're saying is incorrect. And you're right..."
dohhomer-743563.gif
dohhomer-743563.gif (12.71 KiB) Viewed 9160 times

Logan Cross says "We'll end the conversation here...[and then continues on...]"
doh.gif
doh.gif (329.26 KiB) Viewed 9160 times

Also "Discussing ROI is moot" to Logan Cross cause Logan Cross doesn't want to discuss it, or discuss "terms," or "details," or the "whole picture," in a discussion thread Logan Cross started. These things are not relevant or significant to Logan Cross, therefore moot. People are just supposed to guess about ROI, terms, details. Plus it's way easier for Logan Cross to claim that Heroine Addict is incorrect in general, than for Logan Cross to explain specifics. One might wonder if this is Logan Cross' directing style: "Hey you, actress, you're performing incorrectly, no details cause it's not relevant or significant for me to say what would be correct."

"The thread's purpose was to see if there were people in the genre who typically buy and have thought about filming their own content for the sake of conversation."

Hey, whaddayaknow, now this I buy completely: "for the sake of conversation" and not really anything else. Well, maybe a bit of fishing, which is fine. Got some mild interest eventually, and some wise inquiries and points made by swampy170 and Mr. X. Good talk.

Of course it doesn't really square with...

"I'm doing an initiative like this around the country..." unless you realize it's Logan Cross saying it and that Logan Cross saying "I'm doing an initiative like this around the country..." translates to "I'm posting this here thread topic in this forum." If another producer or poster wrote "I'm doing an initiative like this around the country..." one might imagine traveling around the country, speaking at film festivals, talking before students at film schools, or posting this initiative in other forums (like where indie producers hang out, or film students hang out), etc., but when it's Logan Cross it amounts to "I posted this here thread here."

But that's OK. Now Logan Cross has come clean with...

"The thread's purpose was to see if there were people in the genre who typically buy and have thought about filming their own content for the sake of conversation."

and that's perfectly fine, and not news.

"That is all."

Well, not really, Logan Cross. I'm imagining more. I've not even replied to Logan Cross's presumptuous telling me what to do post! Been busy. No hurry though. I wonder if I'll end up agreeing and complying with Logan Cross commands or not? Should be lighthearted and fun in any case. :cap:

I know this is moot, but I'm still wide awake so...

How much do the filmmakers get?
Is it based on gross earnings or net earnings or some variation?
Does Logan Cross pay the editor, or filmmakers pay editor, or do film proceeds pay the editor?
Does payment to the editor have to be recouped in full (from sales gross? or sales net?) before the filmmakers get their percentage?
Do office expenses (utilities, rent, etc.) of Logan Cross' businesses affect what filmmakers get, or is it entirely separate?
Do filmmakers just use whatever actor releases they come up with, or does Logan Cross require and provide specific actor release forms?
Logan Cross mentions "just cash" in this thread, does this mean Logan Cross pays for some of the production? What parts if any?
Are the distribution rights Logan Cross "retains" exclusive or non-exclusive?
Besides distribution rights, is Logan Cross intending to claim any other rights to movie (because he's paying for editing of it, for vfx)?
Who owns the final cut of movie: Logan Cross or filmmakers or both? What percentages?
For what length of time does Logan Cross get distribution rights before having to renegotiate?
Is there a minimum or maximun length for one of these movies?
Filmmakers spend money on production of film: what happens if Logan Cross doesn't like it? Can Logan Cross pass on editing it and releasing it after filmmakers have spent money on it?
Music clearance: who handles that, Logan Cross or filmmakers or it depends?
Will it be in contract that filmmakers can audit Logan Cross accounting books?
In case of a suit from DC, Marvel or other, who is liable for the movie (I'm guessing filmmaker)? If I'm guessing right with filmmakers, will Logan Cross and his companies provide any legal assistance (money, legal team, etc.)?
If there's a dispute between Filmmakers v Logan Cross, what jurisdiction will contract say case be held in (I'm guessing L.A.)?
For local to Logan Cross filmmakers, can they use Logan Cross studios, props, costumes, for free, or for deferred payment from potential film proceeds (gross? or net?)?

What are the pros and cons for the filmmakers?
What are the pros and cons for Logan Cross?

Logan Cross will say these questions are moot, or there's too many of them to answer (shouldn't be that hard though), or some excuse. Just wait for it...
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

You're right. To you, they are irrelevant. Have a great night! ;)