R.I.P Noel Neill (1920-2016) TV Superman's Lois Lane

General discussions about superheroines!
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

noleneillrip.png
noleneillrip.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 2354 times
Noel Neill, The first actress to play Lois Lane on Screen for the 1948 & 1950 Columbia Superman Movie Serials and then again later in the Superman 1950s TV Series with George Reeves and also made a cameo appearance in the 1978 Superman movie passed away yesterday at the age of 95. Here's the full story on the passing of this legend
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/05/arts/ ... at-95.html
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/04/no ... -lane-dead
kirk e noel.jpg
kirk e noel.jpg (57.53 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
029-adventures-of-superman-theredlist.jpg
029-adventures-of-superman-theredlist.jpg (67.8 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
maxresdefaultnoel.jpg
maxresdefaultnoel.jpg (446.08 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
CW-Noel-Chris-STM-set-1977.jpg
CW-Noel-Chris-STM-set-1977.jpg (257.26 KiB) Viewed 2354 times
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Nice last pic.
Thanks for posting.
Comes to us all, sadly.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

RIP
gorillaatlarge
Henchman
Henchman

This is very sad news. I loved her work. Exciting, spunky Lois Lane. Always refusing to be left out of the action in those movie serials and getting herself KO'd so often. Not so much action in the TV series. Thank you cute, spunky, pretty Noel Neill!!!!
Maskfan
Henchman
Henchman

I was fortunate enough to meet and speak with her a few years back. Very nice person, and the embodiment of Lois Lane. Her biography is a good read, too.
shevek
Producer
Producer

She was 96! We all should live that long. Hopefully she is flying above us in the sky now, as Superwoman. Here's a tribute by Red5 of DA, very much in the spirit of this forum.

Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's always sad to lose a link to the past. In this case, we've lost someone who was at the heart of Superman's cinematic and television universe since the very beginning.

I was surprised to see Noel appeared as recently as Superman Returns in 2006. She was the wealthy old lady who signs over her millions to Lex Luthor.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Yes RIP!!