Hi from Coulumbia

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
coulumbia
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Hi to the Forum! I'm just a SHIP fan... I'm not a Producer, though I've commissioned some Customs and it has whetted my taste for doing more of the same... BUT getting a bit more "hands on". I come from a traditional film production background and would like to bring some of my experience to the clips I'd like to see.

I've just started commenting and reviewing a bit more frequently here... not sure how often time/work will allow me to do so, and I thought I should introduce myself. Because of my interest in quality and background, I've posted some tech issues/solutions. My comments are meant to be helpful and useful to Producers as well as put in my "2 cents" about what I'd like to see in SHIP/Fantasy clips. I hope the producers take that in a positive light and not just a "complaining" fan.

I've also made some suggestions for what I'd like to see in a clip. I simply can't afford to do a lot of customs, so this is one way to hopefully get some of my ideas/visions into the "game" and hopfully meet other fans' visions as well.

I'm AM curious to know if there is a way to work with a Producer in some way other than a custom... Perhaps put up some of the funding for certain productions for some form of return on the investment? Some customs I've done haven't been that expensive, others have really pushed me financially... all with the desire to get a particular vision "in the can" as they say. I'd love to work out a way to work with a producer to create interesting and hopefully successfully sold content that both shares my vision and helps both of us recoup the costs.... MOST of the profit going to the Producer, of course!

Don't know how real that is, or if there is any interest.... would love to hear from anyone who may be interested in exploring this further.

Well, that's all for now. Let me say in closing that I really enjoy the Forum. It is a great way to know what's being produced etc. and share feedback.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello and good luck with your ambitions
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

coulumbia wrote: I'm AM curious to know if there is a way to work with a Producer in some way other than a custom... Perhaps put up some of the funding for certain productions for some form of return on the investment? Some customs I've done haven't been that expensive, others have really pushed me financially... all with the desire to get a particular vision "in the can" as they say. I'd love to work out a way to work with a producer to create interesting and hopefully successfully sold content that both shares my vision and helps both of us recoup the costs.... MOST of the profit going to the Producer, of course!
Bluestone used to have a patreon in which if you contributed and had some fetish element you wanted they would try and get that into a video. I believe Evangaline did something similar but they would have to correct me on that.
coulumbia
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Thank you Mr. X.

I assume I can find the two references you made by Mr. Google? Appreciate it. BTW like a lot of your work at Dangerbabecentral! Thanks for taking the time to create good content!
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

coulumbia wrote:Hi to the Forum! I'm just a SHIP fan... I'm not a Producer, though I've commissioned some Customs and it has whetted my taste for doing more of the same... BUT getting a bit more "hands on". I come from a traditional film production background and would like to bring some of my experience to the clips I'd like to see.

I've just started commenting and reviewing a bit more frequently here... not sure how often time/work will allow me to do so, and I thought I should introduce myself. Because of my interest in quality and background, I've posted some tech issues/solutions. My comments are meant to be helpful and useful to Producers as well as put in my "2 cents" about what I'd like to see in SHIP/Fantasy clips. I hope the producers take that in a positive light and not just a "complaining" fan.

I've also made some suggestions for what I'd like to see in a clip. I simply can't afford to do a lot of customs, so this is one way to hopefully get some of my ideas/visions into the "game" and hopfully meet other fans' visions as well.

I'm AM curious to know if there is a way to work with a Producer in some way other than a custom... Perhaps put up some of the funding for certain productions for some form of return on the investment? Some customs I've done haven't been that expensive, others have really pushed me financially... all with the desire to get a particular vision "in the can" as they say. I'd love to work out a way to work with a producer to create interesting and hopefully successfully sold content that both shares my vision and helps both of us recoup the costs.... MOST of the profit going to the Producer, of course!

Don't know how real that is, or if there is any interest.... would love to hear from anyone who may be interested in exploring this further.

Well, that's all for now. Let me say in closing that I really enjoy the Forum. It is a great way to know what's being produced etc. and share feedback.
Great to meet a fellow reviewcologist (not a real word mind you), here on the forums. Saw your review on Rogue One...impressive critiquing you did there. I, welcome u, to the forums my friend. :cool2:
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
coulumbia
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Thank you Doctor Outcome! I appreciate the fact that you noticed my input.

The reviews are partially a reflection of what I'm particularly looking for and like in the SHIP genre as well as sharing what I hope is help suggestions towards making a better product (better production value). I have a production background, so I want to share what I know to assist producers to do the best they can. I love the SHIP scenarios and there is a lot of potential for some great and entertaining work.

I am impressed with the amount of detail and attention some producers go through to make a great product. Anastasia and Primal are both good examples (and of course, there are others). They do seem go that extra step to make the story look/sound better. I know it makes a difference to my enjoyment.

Having good (or any for that matter) reviews on these videos helps us the Consumer consider where to spend our (at least my) limited funds towards purchasing these clips.

Because of my background and interest in certain things to be said or done in these videos, I thought I'd like to somehow invest, other than a custom in creating (I'm not able to be a Producer myself) some of my visions into joint productions with more established and willing Producers.

Looking forward to viewing and reviewing some of the clips offered here!

Happy Holidays to you and all!