Happy ending fan

For the new recruits! Come say hi!
q777happy
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hi, nice to meet you guys/gals

I am a minority here as I prefer happy ending, are there any other happy ending fans out there?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hi welcome to the forum. Any questions please post here or send me a private message (if you don't know how to do that just post here)

I generally prefer our gals to carry the day too but after struggling through adversity to emerge triumphant
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

There are happy endings and then there are "happy endings." Hmm. Wonder which one you mean?
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Oh yeah lol!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I suspect Q777 meant the more innocent version. I too prefer the regular version of a good ending for the heroine but not adverse to a cliff hanger carrying from one story to the next - and so I tend to write that way too.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

DrDominator9 wrote:There are happy endings and then there are "happy endings." Hmm. Wonder which one you mean?

Bwahahaha! My thoughts exactly!
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

"The real problem with stories - if you keep them going long enough they always end in death."
- Neil Gaiman

In all seriousness, I'm technically a supporter of happy endings, but my definition of "happy ending" tends to translate to "the heroine comes around to the villains' way of thinking, preferably with a minimum of pain and/or lobotomy" - hence my longstanding association with Dark One (or DonShip, as he's known here). I know a lot of people like their stories to be endless misery for the heroine, and I try to give them a wide berth - but neither do I particularly care for stories where the heroine gets away scot-free to kick butt another day. There's enough of that in the source material - as fanfic writers, should we not be more... experimental?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Disciple wrote:There's enough of that in the source material - as fanfic writers, should we not be more... experimental?
I kind of did that once - and sort of regret what I did to my heroine. However it did add some complexity to a relationship that I have pushed on through other stories and it has been nice seeing the gap slowly close between heroine and "villain". Regardless, it is possible to have a duality within endings that allows everyone to get some satisfaction.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
q777happy
Neophyte
Neophyte

Abductorenmadrid wrote:I suspect Q777 meant the more innocent version. I too prefer the regular version of a good ending for the heroine but not adverse to a cliff hanger carrying from one story to the next - and so I tend to write that way too.
Disciple wrote:"The real problem with stories - if you keep them going long enough they always end in death."
- Neil Gaiman

In all seriousness, I'm technically a supporter of happy endings, but my definition of "happy ending" tends to translate to "the heroine comes around to the villains' way of thinking, preferably with a minimum of pain and/or lobotomy" - hence my longstanding association with Dark One (or DonShip, as he's known here). I know a lot of people like their stories to be endless misery for the heroine, and I try to give them a wide berth - but neither do I particularly care for stories where the heroine gets away scot-free to kick butt another day. There's enough of that in the source material - as fanfic writers, should we not be more... experimental?
yes, winning in the end but not without painful process
shevek
Producer
Producer

I like both kinds of happy endings. Especially, when the heroine undergoes a "happy ending" that allows her to increase her power which results in a happy ending. But sure, adversity along the way is great, too, and cliffhangers keep you coming back for more as well.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

To be more serious than my last posting on this thread, I don't have a rule about my stories' conclusions except that an ending should follow logically from the conditions built up within the frame of the story. That means that the heroine endures repercussions from what happens to her, especially the psychological effects. That can mean happiness mixed with sadness or numbness mixed with whimsy. As long as it touches the reader's feelings in a real way.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
LadySapphire

I think that there is room for both. I prefer the one that bests suits the story/scenario. How ever peril at one point or another is a must
Void
Sargeant
Sargeant

I enjoyed this discussion. Not a bad way to announce your arrival, Happy - welcome to the forum!

As to the topic of happy endings... I think you mean 'the good girl gets away/takes the day' when you say happy ending. In terms of an ending that is happy, I guess that one is pretty relative. The heroine can be brooding on her wounded pride after winning out, or she can be blissfully carefree as a defeated thrall to the villain... It's hard to say which is closest to being an actual happy ending, at least in terms of the heroine's happiness (utilitarian alert).

I used to enjoy full-blown 'heroine loses' stories the most when I first started reading this genre, but these days I've mellowed back to wanting to see the heroine win out and carry the consequences of her peril with her. I think the more real and human the heroine is, the more I buy into her as an actual person, the less I want to see her fail - even if, paradoxically, I enjoy the experience of her peril more. I like pyrrhic victories for the heroine, or a kind of draw between hero and villain, where they both can claim a victory and a defeat within the same story.
Lost in the night, and there is no morning.
q777happy
Neophyte
Neophyte

Yes, pyrrhic, that's the word. Forgive me for not saying cleary, I also do not like the total one-side domination from either heroine or villain.
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Hey happy, how's it going?

No, you're not alone in the 'happy ending' category. I too enjoy stories where the heroine is the victor in the story or even the dominator. in fact, that's mostly what some of my earlier superheroine reviews were about on here when I first started posting and that was something that I tried to stress to a lot of producers over the years to create. My homegirl and I are trying to save up to have one of our custom ideas created and we're hoping to create something where the heroine is the victor instead of the vanquished for a change. We still have a ways to go, but we're gonna get there. We're just hoping that the fetish models we request will still be active when we pitch the idea.

It's a pleasure to meet you q777happy and we hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
q777happy
Neophyte
Neophyte

Doctor Outcome wrote:
7 years ago
Hey happy, how's it going?

No, you're not alone in the 'happy ending' category. I too enjoy stories where the heroine is the victor in the story or even the dominator. in fact, that's mostly what some of my earlier superheroine reviews were about on here when I first started posting and that was something that I tried to stress to a lot of producers over the years to create. My homegirl and I are trying to save up to have one of our custom ideas created and we're hoping to create something where the heroine is the victor instead of the vanquished for a change. We still have a ways to go, but we're gonna get there. We're just hoping that the fetish models we request will still be active when we pitch the idea.

It's a pleasure to meet you q777happy and we hope you'll enjoy your stay here.
Lucky you! I doubt I can find someone understand this fetish in my region.
Mister Cryptic
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hi - I just noticed this thread.
I agree. I want a story that is very traditional, but with the perils being erotic in nature. In my stories, the heroine's challenge is usually resisting her own sexual desires, with her always failing to do so in the middle of the story, but she manages to win in the end. She doesn't fight the villain because she hates what he's doing to her. Quite the opposite, she loves it, but she fights out her duty to stop the villain's plan.

In some of my stories, like Ring of Domination http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... tic/ag_rod, the heroine never actually escapes from the villain, but instead her purity gives the villain a change of heart, so the heroine wins even in slavery.
q777happy
Neophyte
Neophyte

Superman246o1 wrote:
12 years ago
Personally, I enjoy a great amount of peril, but I want the superheroine to win in the end. It's thrilling to see the superheroine face a dire threat (and even more thrilling to see her face multiple dire threats). And yet, I want an ultimate resolution in which she manages to prevail against her foes so she can fight for justice once again. I earnestly like superheroines, and love how they personify heroic, strong, confident, noble, intelligent, altruistic ideals. But I'd also be lying if I said I did not find the thought of them facing dangerous villains and situations to be thrilling.
I just found this, exactly what I thought!
Mister Cryptic wrote:
6 years ago
I agree. I want a story that is very traditional, but with the perils being erotic in nature. In my stories, the heroine's challenge is usually resisting her own sexual desires, with her always failing to do so in the middle of the story, but she manages to win in the end. She doesn't fight the villain because she hates what he's doing to her. Quite the opposite, she loves it, but she fights out her duty to stop the villain's plan.

In some of my stories, like Ring of Domination http://www.mccomix.com/gallery3/index.p ... tic/ag_rod, the heroine never actually escapes from the villain, but instead her purity gives the villain a change of heart, so the heroine wins even in slavery.
I love how she got her consciousness back, I wish the fight scene is longer!
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Mister Cryptic wrote:
6 years ago

I feel you Mister Cryptic. My main thing is that the heroine doesn't go down too easily without a fight or a struggle. Also, if the story does have to end with heroine losing in the first chapter, the next heroine in line should either rescue her or avenge her humiliating defeat. I just feel that gives the story more of a balance if it's equalized out like that.

I love your idea and the way you have it mapped out.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'