Thai and other non-English superheroine tv shows

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

five_red wrote:
6 months ago
First episode: short 'flash-forward' fight sequence at the start, then the origin story of how she got her powers. Looks like episode 2 is when she gets into costume proper.

R5
We can't see this one in the U.S. Probably some other countries too. "Uploader hasn't made it available."
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Captain Kitten ep3: clip featuring a transformation, quick fight sequence, then an unmasking.

I also found some pics of Jillian Ward, who plays the series' heroine.
FKWKjhCaAAMRvXa.jpg
FKWKjhCaAAMRvXa.jpg (113.68 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
FQRzYyIaQAACR7m.jpg
FQRzYyIaQAACR7m.jpg (176.12 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
FQRzYyKaAAMhxk7.jpg
FQRzYyKaAAMhxk7.jpg (171.81 KiB) Viewed 3095 times
R5
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

five_red wrote:
6 months ago
Captain Kitten ep3: clip featuring a transformation, quick fight sequence, then an unmasking.

FKWKjhCaAAMRvXa.jpgFQRzYyIaQAACR7m.jpgFQRzYyKaAAMhxk7.jpg

R5
They should have shirts labeled Goon 1 and Goon 2. It seems like a lot of inconvient luggage for a girl to drag around to fight crime. I think the Japanese with their Magical Girl transformations seems a lot more convenient than a backpack>
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

Gotta like a superheroine with mose ears.
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

That should be 'Mouse Ears" of course.
shevek
Producer
Producer

sneakly wrote:
6 months ago
five_red wrote:
6 months ago

R5
They should have shirts labeled Goon 1 and Goon 2. It seems like a lot of inconvient luggage for a girl to drag around to fight crime. I think the Japanese with their Magical Girl transformations seems a lot more convenient than a backpack>
OK, Jillian Ward is super beautiful. Her combat skills are decent too - I like the backflip that she did.
But she deserves a better costume - it's terrible. I understand that the show may not want to display Jillian's quite ample chest because of the audience demographic, but it would be nice if at least the costume was somewhat figure-flattering.

And also, beyond just being very inconvenient to bring a backpack everywhere to fight crime (I mean, Spider-Man kind of does that, but he can stick it to the corner of a tall building where nobody can find it), the transformation doesn't seem consistent.

It looked to me like when Kat is initially transforming to Captain Kitten, that Jillian had some trouble tying the mask on, so they just cut to her in the full costume after a little burst of purple magic. Unfortunately, that sequence also makes it look like the costume comes from nowhere and appears magically.

However, when she takes off the mask, the costume doesn't disappear: she is still wearing it. And it's inconvenient because it takes her quite a while to remove the entire costume (which is why Marty discovers her in it).

The transformation logic doesn't make sense. And as for the mask itself, is it just for identity concealment or does it give her any special power? Because when it glows as she takes it on and off, it looks like it has power. But I thought that she simply got her cat powers from being scratched
by the experimental kitten? After all, she displays the purple cat claws even when she isn't wearing the mask or costume.

Young folks who watch it probably won't have these issues, but these inconsistencies give me a headache. Oh well.
Last edited by shevek 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

five_red wrote:
6 months ago
Always the same... first rule for a masked hero(ine) should always be:
- NEVER unmask yourself in a public space! Not in a dark alley, not on the rooftop of some skyscraper... nowhere in public!
You never know who might be watching....

But that seems to be a rather common trope in the comics and on TV.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
shevek
Producer
Producer

five_red wrote:
4 months ago
Blog post: More Super Klenk details come to light.
R5
In the absence of the thumbs-up button, I'll just have to say: fantastic sleuthing, R5!

And it's really nice to see the word "sexy" used multiple times in mainstream newspaper articles when referring to the attractiveness of a woman, as opposed to the Millennials/Zoomer usage to just lazily describe anything that looks aesthetically appealing.

BTW, it looks like Ara Mina is still playing sexy roles to this day (she did an 'erotic comedy' two years ago).

And also, she has a history of roles in superhero TV shows and films. I don't know if you mentioned any of that in your Klenk coverage. From
what I can see, this includes:

- the main villainess Diabolika in the film 'Super Ranger Kids' (1997) when she was barely 18.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Ranger_Kids

- the villainess Diabolica in the 2003 film 'Fantastic Man'.

- Dyesebel in the 2005 Darna series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darna_(2005_TV_series)

Coincidentally, she also played a role on 'Ang Probinsyano', the long-running show which was replaced in its time slot by Darna 2022.

Which brings me to a good point which fits in perfectly with the spirit of this thread:

The 2007 series 'Fantastic Man' which was based on the earlier film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Man

Of course there's a male lead, but he had a sidekick called 'Fantastic Girl' and quite a number of female supervillain enemies.

Do you have any information on that series, and might you consider doing an article on the actress Ryza Cenon, who played Fantastic Girl
and previously in 2005, the Darna villainess Impaktika?

I think this hot collage demonstrates that she deserves her own spotlight, no? She had the power to control plants. What a gorgeous costume!
1798257176_e7b25922c1_w.jpg
1798257176_e7b25922c1_w.jpg (45.3 KiB) Viewed 1925 times
An easy place to start: a channel called 'Andi's Pride' made a playlist of all the Ryza Cenon appearances in 'Fantastic Man' compiled from another channel called 'Ryza Believers'.

Here are some highlights. I'll save you some time - it takes a few episodes before Ryza's character becomes Fantastic Girl. But here is some interesting stuff.

At the end of this clip at 3:40, a beautiful female victim (I think her character is an actress) gets chloroformed.
In this clip, you can also see the two alien villains (the female has a nice tight costume) inspecting the scene and looking for the fragment.
Later on in this clip, you can also see Wena in her bedroom discovering the power of the meteorite gem as it glows bright green in her hand.

In the first few minutes of this clip, the aforementioned actress character is tied up and in peril, and is eventually hypnotized with cigarette smoke powers by a transvestite villain (always seem to have one of those in Pinoy productions). It's a nice long peril scene and very campy.

Anyway...back to Fantastic Girl.
Here's the first view of Ryza in the costume of Fantastic Girl. (go to the end of the clip in the "coming up" preview)

Here's her first full appearance in the costume. It appears that she is confused and fights Fantastic Man (the classic superhero misunderstanding).
She stands on a flying leaf, which is cool. Costume looks gorgeous. Fantastic Man subudes her by running around her at super speed and wrapping her in her own vines. Nice peril restraint.

First official Wena-to-Fantastic Girl transformation in full - starting at :47. Hot stuff. R5 should post this!

Last edited by shevek 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

I was hoping they would publish all Fantastic Man episodes on youtube like they did with a lot of other tv-series, during the pandemic... but sadly, nothing to do :/

Didn't know about Super Ranger Kids, the whole movie is on youtube

shevek
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:
4 months ago
I was hoping they would publish all Fantastic Man episodes on youtube like they did with a lot of other tv-series, during the pandemic... but sadly, nothing to do :/

Didn't know about Super Ranger Kids, the whole movie is on youtube
Yeah, it looks like Ara Mina (Diabolika) is the only costumed adult female character in SRK - she's the partner of the male villain, Satano.

Her costume is a bit cheesy, and she looks a lot more chunky at the age of 18 than she did later on at the height of her career. Probably did some fitness exercising to help boost her stardom.

What's funny about this movie is that the whole Power Rangers aesthetic looks a bit more, shall we say, 'down to earth' when filmed in the Philippines than when filmed in the US or Japan, where they have movie sets, tall buildings and lots of money.

In fact, a lot of what I've seen of Filipino superhero content looks like everything takes place in smaller villages. So it kind of feels like the stakes are lowered a bit. I wonder why they don't film amongst the crowded urban environment of Manila? Warehouses and back alleys and corporate offices and stuff like that (like Marvel and DC). The Valentine and Sri Asih movies had no problem doing that in Indonesia.

Maybe it's not safe enough for the actors and crew? Just wondering.

Diabolika and Satano.
Diabolika and Satano.jpg
Diabolika and Satano.jpg (68.25 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
4 months ago
In fact, a lot of what I've seen of Filipino superhero content looks like everything takes place in smaller villages. So it kind of feels like the stakes are lowered a bit. I wonder why they don't film amongst the crowded urban environment of Manila? Warehouses and back alleys and corporate offices and stuff like that (like Marvel and DC). The Valentine and Sri Asih movies had no problem doing that in Indonesia.

Maybe it's not safe enough for the actors and crew? Just wondering.
It's a cultural thing, I expect. In America the heroes have high status jobs like newspaper reporter, military officer, millionaire playboy, photographer, and they live in the city. In The Philippines the heroes have low status jobs like cleaner, carer, rescue worker, and they live in the poorer parts of town. You'll note in the pinoy shows the sophisticates who live in the cities tend to be the villains, and the simple folk in the villages are invariably the heroes. The big bad city people, with their money and technology, threatening the honest simple village folk, with their religion and folklore. :laugh:

The media companies tend not to be based in the capital Manila (the city), they are in Quezon City. Of course both City of Manila and Quezon City are urban zones within the Metro Manilla part of the country. You do see a lot of shows filming around Quezon City, such as Super Ma'am and I think Darna 2005 and 2009 too. But the studios have now invested in large custom-built production complexes on the outskirts of Metro Manilla. Darna 2012 was shot entirely at ABS-CBN's brand new soundstage facilities in Horizon IT Park, San Jose del Monte, miles north of Quezon City. And of course the surrounding areas are forest and rural.

R5
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
4 months ago
five_red wrote:
4 months ago
R5
In the absence of the thumbs-up button, I'll just have to say: fantastic sleuthing, R5!

And it's really nice to see the word "sexy" used multiple times in mainstream newspaper articles when referring to the attractiveness of a woman, as opposed to the Millennials/Zoomer usage to just lazily describe anything that looks aesthetically appealing.

BTW, it looks like Ara Mina is still playing sexy roles to this day (she did an 'erotic comedy' two years ago).

And also, she has a history of roles in superhero TV shows and films. I don't know if you mentioned any of that in your Klenk coverage. From
what I can see, this includes:

- the main villainess Diabolika in the film 'Super Ranger Kids' (1997) when she was barely 18.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Ranger_Kids

- the villainess Diabolica in the 2003 film 'Fantastic Man'.

- Dyesebel in the 2005 Darna series
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darna_(2005_TV_series)

Coincidentally, she also played a role on 'Ang Probinsyano', the long-running show which was replaced in its time slot by Darna 2022.

Which brings me to a good point which fits in perfectly with the spirit of this thread:

The 2007 series 'Fantastic Man' which was based on the earlier film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Man

Of course there's a male lead, but he had a sidekick called 'Fantastic Girl' and quite a number of female supervillain enemies.

Do you have any information on that series, and might you consider doing an article on the actress Ryza Cenon, who played Fantastic Girl
and previously in 2005, the Darna villainess Impaktika?

I think this hot collage demonstrates that she deserves her own spotlight, no? She had the power to control plants. What a gorgeous costume!

1798257176_e7b25922c1_w.jpg

An easy place to start: a channel called 'Andi's Pride' made a playlist of all the Ryza Cenon appearances in 'Fantastic Man' compiled from another channel called 'Ryza Believers'.

Here are some highlights. I'll save you some time - it takes a few episodes before Ryza's character becomes Fantastic Girl. But here is some interesting stuff.

At the end of this clip at 3:40, a beautiful female victim (I think her character is an actress) gets chloroformed.
In this clip, you can also see the two alien villains (the female has a nice tight costume) inspecting the scene and looking for the fragment.
Later on in this clip, you can also see Wena in her bedroom discovering the power of the meteorite gem as it glows bright green in her hand.

In the first few minutes of this clip, the aforementioned actress character is tied up and in peril, and is eventually hypnotized with cigarette smoke powers by a transvestite villain (always seem to have one of those in Pinoy productions). It's a nice long peril scene and very campy.

Anyway...back to Fantastic Girl.
Here's the first view of Ryza in the costume of Fantastic Girl. (go to the end of the clip in the "coming up" preview)

Here's her first full appearance in the costume. It appears that she is confused and fights Fantastic Man (the classic superhero misunderstanding).
She stands on a flying leaf, which is cool. Costume looks gorgeous. Fantastic Man subudes her by running around her at super speed and wrapping her in her own vines. Nice peril restraint.

First official Wena-to-Fantastic Girl transformation in full - starting at :47. Hot stuff. R5 should post this!

She does look fetching in her Fantastic Girl costume. I do think Giga does a better job with the "jerking off attacking vines" scenes.
nouserid
Neophyte
Neophyte

five_red wrote:
4 months ago

R5
Nice job, red! (couldn't find a thumbs-up button :huh: )
Ricky89
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Do you know if there are any new releases between films and TV series for 2024?
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Ricky89 wrote:
3 months ago
Do you know if there are any new releases between films and TV series for 2024?
Ok your question made me remember that I was waiting for a show that was on planning since some years now... turns out it's a movie and it has been already released, it's called "Virgo and the Sparklings", it's mostly aimed for teenagers though (it looks similar to Jem and the Holograms too).
But, while looking for ''infos'' about this movie, I discovered another tv-series of our interest: it's called "Tira", I think it's still ongoing (7 episodes out now, should be 8 overall).

shevek
Producer
Producer

A full fairly good definition fight scene from Saras 008 just popped up on Youtube.
She gets completely destroyed. Best mainstream SHIP I've seen in a while! (attn Maskripper)
I understand that there were four actresses who played this role over the course of the series.
(At least that's what the Bahasa version of Wikipedia says.) Not sure which actress this is.
None of them were super hot but all of them at least filled out their tight costumes well.