Black Tiger comic book (2021) and live-action trailer (2014)

shevek
Producer
Producer

I was modding on Don Chin's "Coffee and Comics" this morning where he was interviewing John Hervey of Beyond Time Comics about his new Indiegogo launch, called "Black Tiger: Hidden Dragon".

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/blac ... oming_soon
black tiger.jpg
black tiger.jpg (4.09 MiB) Viewed 644 times
Black Tiger is a gorgeous Asian heroine who takes up the mantle of her father's name to avenge his death (the usual story...).
Some beautiful tight and shiny costumes in this comic, and lots of kinetic action. Very professional look to it, Big 2 level for sure.

But what I found interesting is that randomly back in 2014, a production team made an excellent short trailer for a live-action
Black Tiger movie or TV show that never got made. It stars a well-known wrestling celebrity - Angela Fong - who wrestled as Savannah in the WWE and Black Lotus in the Lucha Underground. She is still gorgeous and in fantastic shape, and could easily still portray the Black Tiger seven years later, and look amazing (and if not, Billy Tucci should snap her up for a Shi movie). Fong also lives in Tampa, Florida which is near a cluster of both SHIP and comicbook activity so I'm wondering if anyone actually knows her from the Forum or if she's ever been asked to be in Florida-based superhero productions.
angela fong black tiger.jpg
angela fong black tiger.jpg (228.27 KiB) Viewed 641 times
Anyway, check out the live-action trailer for Black Tiger. Never heard about this before, and it looks well done with a stunning costume. Some of the parking garage footage is rather dark but you'll have that when they don't bring enough portable lights.

Sign up for the comic book campaign's mailing list if you like to back stuff like this!