Captain Marvel #34 (Marvel) intense peril

shevek
Producer
Producer

Yeah, I didn't expect it either. But I saw a Yellow Flash video today where he complained (as such Youtubers are wont to do)
about Carol Danvers being even more "overpowered" and a "Mary Sue" because she has this new energy form that allows her
to project herself through matter. But when I saw the photo of the energy form, 1) it looked a good deal like the old Binary form she used to have, and 2) it looked damn hot. So I decided to read the issue, to see if there was a sexy transformation into that
"neo-Binary" form.

Turns out the issue is more than I even bargained for, and Yellow Flash was actually misrepresenting the comic. For some reason,
Captain Marvel at this point isn't really known as a heroine who goes through peril or suffers a lot in her superheroic conflicts.
But apparently, sometimes that isn't the case. Here, writer Kelly Thompson puts Carol through the wringer (perils are shown below)
before she actually triumphs (which I'm assuming will happen in the next issue, Part 4 of the Last of the Marvels arc), while artist Sergio Davila does a good job making her look sexy and even a little bit horny, which is fun. If more stories were consistently like this, maybe I'd buy Marvel Comics again. Of course, the problem of Carol being "overpowered" is not exactly solved here - if anything, they double down by giving her yet more unstoppable abilities.

Still, if scenes like the ones below fill your peril quotient, maybe you'll want to pick this up.

Trapped in the cage, floating through space.
captain marvel 34 peril 1.jpg
captain marvel 34 peril 1.jpg (426.61 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Being choked by 'Captain Marvel' himself? (no spoilers)
captain marvel 34 peril 2.jpg
captain marvel 34 peril 2.jpg (469.48 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Forced liplocking by 'Captain Marvel' although you can tell Carol is seduced into it, and she has to resist enjoying it.
captain marvel 34 peril 3 part 1.jpg
captain marvel 34 peril 3 part 1.jpg (575.12 KiB) Viewed 780 times
The slimy stuff from inside 'Captain Marvel' takes Carol over, which I assume puts her under the main villain's control.
captain marvel 34 peril 3 part 2.jpg
captain marvel 34 peril 3 part 2.jpg (702.85 KiB) Viewed 780 times
She is strapped down on a table (next to some other Marvels) while Phyla-Vell takes a beatdown from Vox, the main supervillain.
captain marvel 34 peril 4.jpg
captain marvel 34 peril 4.jpg (558.29 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Is it a transformation? Or is she projecting some sort of energy being which becomes the 'neo-Binary'? (no spoilers)
Either way, she is looking really hot.
captain marvel 34 neo-binary.jpg
captain marvel 34 neo-binary.jpg (486.8 KiB) Viewed 780 times
Last edited by shevek 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

At least she doesn't have uni-boob.