Spiderman No Way Home

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I just realized both movies have the similar titles.

No way home I highly recommend. Great story. No funny business or cringe. Straight up good movie. Nice to see theaters packed again.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Second night in a row seeing it!!! On 4 showings now all 4 in costume, we even had a Spider-Man AND a Peter B Parker with us Tonight! If you were in our area and saw Spider-Gwen, silk, Fem Venom and Gwenom you likely ran into my group!!! An amazing movie!!! Best marvel film yet!!!!
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/19/media/sp ... index.html

Third best opening weekend for a movie only behind the two Avenger Infinity War movies. To think Sony didn't want to work with Disney and go it alone. I guess we'll see more sequels.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Straight up solid entertainment - the way both the mainstream moviegoer and the average comic book fan like it.
It's nice to see what the exact polar opposite of, say, Santa Inc. looks like within the span of the same month.
A rousing celebration of what comic book movies should be (for several reasons, which I won't spoil).

If I had any problems (and they were few) it was these:

1) Too much reliance on magic and wish compulsion (which was what sank Wonder Woman 1984) in the over-arching plot to re-set the universe.
2) The hottest female character in the movie was Marisa Tomei, and she's 57.
3) Quite a long production at nearly 2.5 hours - it could have used a bit of trim to move the story along more briskly (among other things, too much repetition of dialogue concepts).

But every single person got their money's worth. Really hope that Tom Holland gets to keep playing Peter Parker for another few years, and that, since he gets to basically start his life anew, in the next go-around he gets an actual gorgeous redheaded starlet girlfriend named Mary Jane Watson, and a shapely rival for her affections named Felicia Hardy who wears a very tight and shiny costume. #spidergoals
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

3) Yes I thought the movie ramped up too slowly.
Spoiler
I'd say MJ was nice looking but represented an underage character. One aspect I didn't like was that all these villains had cures and that no one was just rotten.

One thing I did like that the MCU lost kind of after Avengers is they had human heroes. In Avengers there is the old holocaust survivor who stands up toe Loki. Here its Aunt May standing up to Green Goblin.