The Batman Trailer

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I just don't see Pattinson as Batman and even less Bruce Wayne
Damselbinder

I think "Batman as overgrown goth kid" works rather well, actually.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I can't help feel as a Billionaire playboy he would wash his hair more often.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The Riddler character seems quite intriguing as a villain (and definitely a far cry from Jim Carrey's version). Have to admit, the movie seems well worth viewing.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Looks like Tim Burton without the sense of humour. Not sure I'm down for it. Batman is meant to be funny.
Damselbinder

Dogfish wrote:
2 years ago
Looks like Tim Burton without the sense of humour. Not sure I'm down for it. Batman is meant to be funny.
If the years have taught us anything, surely it's that Batman is all things to all men.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Looks like The Batman is getting good reviews.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Personal grooming standards and fashion choices change with every generation.

If anybody has F-U money, it's Bruce Wayne.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago

Well you've answered one of life's riddles - what do you get the man whose got everything?
The answer is apparently shampoo
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:
2 years ago
Imagineer wrote:
2 years ago
tallyho wrote:
2 years ago

Well you've answered one of life's riddles - what do you get the man whose got everything?
The answer is apparently shampoo
When you are that rich, you aren't considered Arkham insane, but merely eccentric. It becomes acceptable behavior because no one wants to enrage the incredibly rich.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm told it's basically a three hour off-brand Fincher style mystery with a superfluous forty minutes or so at the end. Also too dark.

Still not convinced it's worth the time.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I'm Batman'ed out after 9 Batman movies(the first 4, the 3 Dark Knights, B vs S, and Justice League), so this is a pass for me!
Also don't wanna see Mr. sparkle vampire as Batman!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The reviews for this one are pretty much fantastic.
Haven't seen it yet, even it was in the cinemas here for 3 days.
Still not hyped as I get mad every time I think about this Catwoman and her "costume".
But I will watch this one in the cinema (everything else would be a crime in two ways) early next week.
The good thing is that I don't expect much, so the chances are huge I will be happy with it in the end. (not about "Catwoman" though)

P.S.:
I won't post the picture right here as it is not related to the movie, but why couldn't she be in "The Batman" in that costume? :whistle:
https://maskripper.org/wp-content/uploa ... os_X-1.jpg

(perhaps then with the cowl version without goggles)
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Danorian wrote:
2 years ago
I'm Batman'ed out after 9 Batman movies(the first 4, the 3 Dark Knights, B vs S, and Justice League), so this is a pass for me!
I read that as Mr Sparkle and all I could think about was the Japanese product mascot in the Simpsons.
Damselbinder

Is there any way to combine this thread with the other "The Batman" discussion? Just so people aren't repeating points or whatever.

@tallyho
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sorry I just searched for the most recent The Batman thread. I didn't see another one. You're an admin, why not combine them?

Hey at least I didn't start yet another thread :giggle:
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

First, a weird fact: I am not mistaken no one says "Catwoman" in this one, much like in TDKR (if I remember that also correctly).

-

So, watched this one today.
It was a weird ride, an interesting ride, an entertaining ride and I don't fully know where to put this one in comparison to any other Batman movie.
They wanted to show a different Batman.
Well, Mission accomplished!
The movie looks great, sounds awesome (what a score!), has great camera work, great directing.
The story is interesting and quite complex.

The flirts between Selina and Batman are sexy.
As Selina, she is really sexy, because she has some smoking hot outfits (here the costume designer doesn't fail with her).
Even I don't really find Zoe herself really attractive, as she is too tiny, too skinny, and too short-haired.
And about her Catwoman "mask" I already said enough...ARGGGHHHHH! The costume is....well....ok ...for a very "early" Selina.
What I don't like in this one: Bruce Wayne has only very few parts and he and his Batman side are really dark, depressing figures.
Yeah, it fits the tone of the movie, which is more like a thriller than a superhero movie.
But I can't connect with this Batman, he is a completely empty shell, beating up criminals is all he is for and Bruce Wayne is nearly non-existing anymore.
I guess he is smiling for like two seconds throughout the whole movie, if at all....
The Batman/Bruce Wayne versions of Michael Keaton and Christian Bale were more interesting for me as they had were more "dimensional".

The Riddler here is SO different.... but well, a crazy guy with quite a plan! Certainly more interesting as the Carrey clown-riddler....for me.
Penguin and Falcone are played really well too, nothing to complain about here.
Of course, no one can beat DeVito's Penguin, but this one is a good, more realistic version.
Can't give this one a rating yet.... perhaps in some days. It's certainly a very good movie, but I am not hyped.
I will watch this one again as soon the Blu-ray is out.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can't believe that's Collen Farrel as the Penguin. Excellent job.
They could have had anyone play Batman in this. "Edward" doesn't bring anything to the table.
lionbadger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Danorian wrote:
2 years ago
Kinda on the page with this, not hurrying to sea a broken cheap ass set of pearls yet again
shevek
Producer
Producer

There's a 'secret' website connected to the movie production where you answer riddles from The Riddler.
See if you can crack any of the questions!

https://www.rataalada.com/
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damselbinder wrote:
2 years ago
Is there any way to combine this thread with the other "The Batman" discussion? Just so people aren't repeating points or whatever.

@tallyho
There is. Did you combine them already?

MH