Unsung peril in the mind stealers episode of Lynda Carter Wonder Woman

General discussions about superheroines!

Was this a peril scene with Wonder Woman needing to be saved by Andros

Yeah, she was totally in peril
43%
Nah, your exaggerating
57%
I don't know who cares
No votes

Total votes: 7
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Part of the way through the mind stealers episode of Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman goes to save a man from two aliens known as the skrill. The aliens blast Wonder Woman with a goofy looking laser, which actually seems to hurt her a fair bit. She makes a face, an awkward motion, and grabs at where she was hit. The alien then fires at a pole, which is now going to fall on the man she came to save. Wonder Woman drags him to safety in time, but she then, rather foolishly perhaps, picks the man up. I say this was foolish because she had already gotten him out of the immediate danger, and now she has left herself defenseless against the skrills attacks. Sure enough, it is at this point that the skirll gets ready to take another shot at her. Their first shot seemed to take a lot out of Wonder Woman, and she was on guard then. Now completely vulnerable (she would undoubtedly shield the man she is holding with her own body if need be, she's certainly not going to use him as a shield), who knows what kind of affect the next blast could have. Luckily for her it is at this moment her old friend Andros (technically the son of her old friend but whatever) appears and sends the skrill flying before it can blast her. The skrill then retreat, and Wonder Woman has an expression of great relief on her face. Andros asks Wonder Woman if he was in time to be of service, and she tells him that his timing was excellent, giving him a big smile

I think Andros just saved Wonder Womans life. she was getting overwhelmed between defending the man from the skrill and being attacked by them herself. That second blast just might have taken her out if the skrill went for a headshot. I consider this to be a peril scene, a pretty decent one even (as well as one of very view with Wonder Woman in costume after season 1), and I am curious if others see it this way. Admittley Wonder Woman never really comes off as especially worried in the scene, but to me her relief afterwards is enough to suggest she was really afraid. It's not my favorite peril by any means (because starships is), but Andros definitely saves Wonder Woman's life later in the episode, in what was likely one of season 2s premier perils, and the idea of Andros having just saved Wonder Woman before that as well makes it even better. Before he get's his brain stolen in part 2, Andros is really more like the hero here, and Wonder Woman is his damsel in distress.

I shared some of the scenes highlights in images that I think showcase what I mean pretty well
Attachments
Wonder Woman in pain.jpg
Wonder Woman in pain.jpg (71.82 KiB) Viewed 493 times
wonder woman grabs her stomach.jpg
wonder woman grabs her stomach.jpg (73 KiB) Viewed 493 times
wonder woman vulnerable.jpg
wonder woman vulnerable.jpg (81.32 KiB) Viewed 493 times
wonder woman relief.jpg
wonder woman relief.jpg (83.12 KiB) Viewed 493 times
Wonder Woman and Andros.jpg
Wonder Woman and Andros.jpg (75.76 KiB) Viewed 493 times
wonder woman big smile.jpg