Electra Woman and Dyna Girl Hypnosis/Peril in "Glitterock"

General discussions about superheroines!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Peril was a near constant in Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, as befitting it's "It's just Batman but with Women" nature. My personal favorite peril comes from the Glitter rock episode, though Electra Womans captivity at the hand of Spider-Lady and her defeats by the Evil Dyna Girl (yes she beats her twice, it's made very clear which of the girls is stronger) are also classics I may write about sometime. Electra Woman and Dyna Girl go to stop glitter rock and glitter rock responds by immediately hypnotizing them. Despite knowing he can do this the ladies recklessly, foolishly charged into his territory. Perhaps they were overconfident and believe themselves immune. Regardless, they were brainwashed in seconds. Glitter Rock then commands Electra Woman and Dyna Girl to walk, while saying that "Your mine, all mine, and never again will you see the sun shine", hinting to the lethal nature of the plans he has for the girls. He has them climb up a ladder, and his plan becomes clear: He will have Electra Woman and Dyna Girl jump off the platform, killing them. before they do however, Glitterocks henchmen notices a change in their behavior, and believes that they are starting to break free of the hypnosis. Glitter Rock informs him of just how wrong he is: Glitter Rock has intentionally allowed for Electra Woman and Dyna Girl to regain just enough control of their minds to understand the danger that they are in. In other words, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl now realize, on some level, that they are about to die, and there is nothing they can do about it. There is a shot of Electra Woman that highlights this. She looks horrified, close to the point of tears. Our heroines do as glitter rock commands, and jump to their deaths. However, Electra Womans friend King Alex intervenes, removing the machine through which Glitter Rock was controlling Electra Woman and Dyna Girl from from the wall and unplugging it. This allows Electra Woman and Dyna Girl to use their abilities to land safely, meaning that King Alex had saved Electra Woman and Dyna Girls lives. Electra Woman makes a face upon landing that shows her disorientation, and generally comes off as rather overwhelmed by what has transpired.

I love this scene. Electra Woman and Dyna Girl fail to make basic preparations for their opponent, are about to be killed, fear for their lives, are completely helpless, and need a man to save them. It's probably the most "damsel in distress" type scene in the series, as the ladies need a dashing male of nobility (again, he's literally a king) to come to their rescue. Electra Woman in particular is great here, coming off as horrified in the peril and still off her game even after being saved. Good shit. Here's the episode in full, the peril begins around 16:30

Attachments
Electra Woman and Dyna girl hypnotized.jpg
Electra Woman and Dyna girl hypnotized.jpg (96.67 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Heroines forced to walk.jpg
Heroines forced to walk.jpg (70.06 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Heroines about to jump.jpg
Heroines about to jump.jpg (52.86 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Electra Womans fear.jpg
Electra Womans fear.jpg (48.58 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
heroines hero.jpg
heroines hero.jpg (57.29 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
Electra Woman overwhelmed.jpg
Electra Woman overwhelmed.jpg (71.61 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Thanks for the images...Ali Baba Part 1 episode is my personal favorite.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I liked the peril earlier in the episode, with the walls closing in on them better. Seeing Dyna Girl straining to hold back the walls was my favorite part.

Probably because it was a kids show (though as Dyna Hunk once said “Tell that to my puberty”) the traps were tame compared to anything in the 60s Batman. I liked when Ali Baba had them in nets over vats of boiling oil. They were never really bound so you never got to see them really struggle and squirm in those costumes. I would have loved to see them in something like the Cat’s Whiskers or Pattern Cutter.
Their costumes are also my favorites of any superheroines, especially Dyna Girl’s.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

They are cocky because, except for the Empress of Evil, they are all villains that they have faced and defeated before the series. Even in the Glitter Rock episode part 1, they escape his music by covering their ears as they follow him through his lair.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I wouldn’t mind seeing Dyna Girl getting put through a few of Robin’s bat-traps…

Or her pig tails thrashing about as she struggles…
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

flash wrote:
1 year ago
Despite the corniness, Evil Dyna Girl was the highlight of the show
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
I wouldn’t mind seeing Dyna Girl getting put through a few of Robin’s bat-traps…

I would have loved to see Dyna Girl in more perils by herself. The only time she was was in the Empress of Evil episode.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

I would have loved to see Dyna Girl in more perils by herself. The only time she was was in the Empress of Evil episode.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

flash wrote:
1 year ago
Part 1s highlight was the net trap right? Definitely a classic
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
They are cocky because, except for the Empress of Evil, they are all villains that they have faced and defeated before the series. Even in the Glitter Rock episode part 1, they escape his music by covering their ears as they follow him through his lair.
Makes the ease with which they let themselves be brainwashed by Glitter Rock this time even more embarrassing
Last edited by KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago
Twas always more of an Electra Woman fellow myself, would have been fun to her get turned evil at some point as well....not that she probably would have accomplished much considering how much better Dyna Girl seemed to be than her at fighting (Also Deidre Hall would definitely not have overacted to quite the same level)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago
Twas always more of an Electra Woman fellow myself, would have been fun to her get turned evil at some point as well....not that she probably would have accomplished much considering how much better Dyna Girl seemed to be than her at fighting (Also Deidre Hall would definitely not have overacted to quite the same level)
One of my special likes in this genre is the smaller girls dominating the bigger ones. That was one if only one of disappointments in Christina Carter's Cats Eye Diamond that we never saw Dyna Girl taking a strapon to Electra Woman
shevek
Producer
Producer

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago
Agreed. It's very attractive when a heroine develops extra dark eyeliner, dark lipstick and dark makeup to indicate that she has turned evil...even more so in the rare cases when she adopts an entirely new costume to show it (such as Evil Phoebe in The Thundermans).

So, yes, Evil Dyna Girl is the best moment.

This never happened to any of the big superheroine names that I'm aware of - not on film at least. The only one I can think of, of course, is Scarlet Witch.

(Supergirl having an evil clone or a Bizarro version doesn't count as turning evil). I don't think it ever happened to Wonder Woman in the comics - I think the one time she was "transformed", it was into a Star Sapphire, which really isn't the same thing. I wonder why no writer has ever thought of turning Wonder Woman evil? (under the influences of Ares or Hades, for example)

Here's hoping we get to see a Dark Mary Marvel (in her tight black costume) down the line in one of the Shazam/Black Adam movies, If not, we will at least remember Evil Dyna Girl as the gold standard, with much fondness!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago
Agreed. It's very attractive when a heroine develops extra dark eyeliner, dark lipstick and dark makeup to indicate that she has turned evil...even more so in the rare cases when she adopts an entirely new costume to show it (such as Evil Phoebe in The Thundermans).

So, yes, Evil Dyna Girl is the best moment.

This never happened to any of the big superheroine names that I'm aware of - not on film at least. The only one I can think of, of course, is Scarlet Witch.

(Supergirl having an evil clone or a Bizarro version doesn't count as turning evil). I don't think it ever happened to Wonder Woman in the comics - I think the one time she was "transformed", it was into a Star Sapphire, which really isn't the same thing. I wonder why no writer has ever thought of turning Wonder Woman evil? (under the influences of Ares or Hades, for example)

Here's hoping we get to see a Dark Mary Marvel (in her tight black costume) down the line in one of the Shazam/Black Adam movies, If not, we will at least remember Evil Dyna Girl as the gold standard, with much fondness!
The closest I can think in the movies was X Men. Jean Gray in the final part of the trilogy, But she wasn't true evil
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Darna has an evil Black Darna counterpart. I will try to post later when I'm on my laptop though you can look it up on youtube.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago

I bet Judy would say that was the most fun she had on the show.

It was sort of a riff on the time when Catwoman and Pussycat turned Robin into one of their henchmen, I guess.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago

It was sort of a riff on the time when Catwoman and Pussycat turned Robin into one of their henchmen, I guess.
And imagine a threesome
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago

And imagine a threesome
I’m sure professor Nabakov enjoyed being in such close quarters with Electra Woman even with the sand pouring down on them.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
flash wrote:
1 year ago

And imagine a threesome
I’m sure professor Nabakov enjoyed being in such close quarters with Electra Woman even with the sand pouring down on them.
That’s an occupational hazard of the inventing metamorphosis formula.
Bugsy
Sargeant
Sargeant

For me personally I think the Pharaoh rendering Electra Woman and Dynagirl unconscious on the floor is the best scene!
Attachments
D8179E96-3112-4823-A8D2-32A9A8A31CAA.jpeg
D8179E96-3112-4823-A8D2-32A9A8A31CAA.jpeg (21.54 KiB) Viewed 1288 times