Hypatia Helpless - short story with illustration!

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Damselbinder

Hypatia's power was a tool of precision. Not wild and fiery like her beloved's, not brutal and destructive like her dear Valerie's. So when she saw her target, the superhuman known simply as 'Wild Dog', she did not leap in. She was somewhat confident that she would have the advantage in a one-on-one battle Wild Dog, but it would not be one-on-one. Wild Dog had armed guards with her: goons to a man, for sure, but still dangerous. In pitched battle, Hypatia was often one small slip from immediate death.

But she would not let timorousness allow Wild Dog to escape either. Since the opening of the power vacuum in Maine, Wild Dog had proven to be the most personally dangerous of all the new would-be monarchs of Maine's criminal element. Not perhaps the most effective gangster the world had ever seen, but brutal, and the only superhuman of the new pretenders. A telekinetic, but not quite like Hypatia was. Wild Dog could extend a formless, invisible energy from her body, whereas Hypatia could effect objects at a distance, without affecting anything between her and her target. It was a subtle distinction, but it often caught Hypatia's enemies off guard.

Easily able to float herself to a position of vantage, Hypatia overlooked her foes from atop a gangway in the factory she had tracked them to. They were well lit; Hypatia all but completely obscured. She made no pretensions to being some shadowy avenger like some more brooding members of her ilk, but she had found something of a talent for stealth. Her powers could take her silently from place to place and could even make silent her footfalls by 'catching' the sound before it travelled past her. The mask helped too, if only psychologically. The red gauze covering her eyes made her feel well concealed: like donning the mask of Hypatia was donning a second self.
"But a true self," Hypatia thought. She was pleased with what circumstance had asked her to become. Pleased with what the mask had unmasked.

She had her plan now. She would not attack Wild Dog at first, but would try to provoke panic, and aimless, foolish retaliation. She was confident Wild Dog would react so, even though she had never fought her before, for others that Hypatia knew had tangled with her.
"Wild Dog's not an idiot," Lamia had proclaimed, "but she's panicky. I wasn't quite able to get her before she ran off, but when she realized her foe was invisible I saw her actually tearing some of her hair out."
Others had made similar reports. Indeed, from what Hypatia had been told, she could not quite work out how Wild Dog had been able to have such an effect on Maine's criminal scene, nor how she had eluded capture for so long. She could not help suspect that there was more to her than met the eye - but she had learned all she could learn before seeking her. Now was time to attack.

Seven in all, including Wild Dog. Hypatia had a few options, but she decided on a tactic that had become tried and true over her career: she would reach out with her powers, and take hold of her enemies' weapons. She did not have the raw force, not at this distance, simply to crush the weapons, or even reliably disarm them all, but she did not need to. All she needed to do was squeeze the triggers.

Six guns went off; four rifles; two pistols; three howls of pain; three shouts of panic; two toes severed by the path of a bullet. For though Hypatia had not sworn an absolute vow against taking life, she still avoided it when she could. She'd made reasonable efforts to ensure that the gangsters would not be killed. But that was her only mercy.

At the apex of confusion, as she heard Wild Dog bellowing in mystified wrath, Hypatia leapt from her vantage point, falling only a little less quickly than gravity generally insisted. Still falling, she attacked again, twisting rifles from hands, buckling knees, sending the one raised weapon spinning away from her, and when the burliest of the goons - a huge, ripplingly muscular woman - fought past the pain of a gunshot wound to try to rush where it seemed Hypatia would land, Hypatia simply threw her aside: the final trumpet blast in the martial symphony her powers had composed.

Amidst the groaning and bleeding, Hypatia alighted with a birdlike ease. In the dark red and cool black of her leotard, the black of her mask and her boots, she might have called to mind a black swan: a gentle countenance, and strength enough to snap your arm like a twig. Her hair was long, straight, and red, the skin of her exposed shoulders and thighs a creamy, smooth colour. She was slim, and graceful, somewhat tall, her legs long, coltish; her arms elegant and slender. Her black mask obscured her eyes and the upper half of her face, but one could easily tell from the refined shape of her jaw, her mouth, her nose, that her mask concealed only beauty. She was feminine, serene, lovely - deadly. She was Hypatia.

Wild Dog was kind of pretty too, in her way. Skinnier than Hypatia, but wiry, with deep set eyes, and dark hair in a loose, messy ponytail. Her upper lip was curled.
"Shit," she said. "Did it have to be you?"
Hypatia said nothing.
"Walk away now, and we'll call it a draw. I know you've got a good shot at stomping me; but I've got a good shot at stomping you too, eh? You and me, sister, we're predators. When two predators run into each other in the wild, nine times outta ten they both just back off. Ain't no shame in that."
Hypatia paused for a moment, but eventually she did speak.
"If I asked for your surrender," she said, "would you take that as an insult?"
"Yeah," Wild Dog replied, but she was sort of smiling.
"Then I won't ask," Hypatia said. "For I don't wish to insult you. But I must defeat you."
Wild Dog grimaced - but then she smiled again.
"Okay. You want to do this Old West style, then?"
Under her mask, Hypatia raised an eyebrow.
"Alright, alright, let me show you what I mean."

Wild Dog looked around, until she found a shell casing on the factory floor. Reaching out with her powers, she seized it, then lifted it about ten metres into the air.
"You're a teke too, right?"
Hypatia nodded.
"Alright. I'm gonna drop this casing. When it hits the floor, we 'draw'. Sound good?"
"...Very well," Hypatia said.

The shell casing hung in the air. Hypatia's powers were kin enough to Wild Dog's that she could 'feel' Wild Dog's energies holding the casing in place. She could also sense that it was but a tiny fraction of the power at Wild Dog's command. Either, if they wished it, could kill the other. Hypatia would have to be very quick, and very precise.

The casing hung in the air. Wild Dog held it a little clumsily, so it wobbled about in the air. The factory floor was not silent - there were still groans from Wild Dog's defeated guards. Still the sound of traffic from outside. Still buzzing from the lights. But the air was still. Hypatia and Wild Dog stared at each other's eyes: Wild Dog's cunning, but twitchy, continually looking up at the casing; Hypatia's eyes were obscured, her features frozen in total focus - a total enigma.
"Ready?" Wild Dog asked.
Hypatia nodded.
"Alright then."

The casing fell. It spun a little as it dropped, catching a breeze from a broken window that pushed it a little in Hypatia's direction. It was halfway down. In two seconds, perhaps two and a half, it would hit the floor. But Wild Dog was not willing to wait that long.
"Sucker," she thought and, without moving, she struck.

There was an audible boom as Wild Dog projected her energies from her body in a frenzied burst, thrusting apart the air between her and Hypatia, aiming right at that 'Y' thing on her chest. It wouldn't kill her, but it would knock her senseless. But the blast never hit her. It seemed to hit everything but her. It threw two of Wild Dog's guards aside, but it didn't put a hair on Hypatia's head out of place. It rushed to either side of her, like water split by an axe. As Wild Dog tried to understand what had happened, the casing hit the floor. And only then did Hypatia retaliate.

Three squeezes. Tiny. Hardly any force at all. But when you could bypass any obstacle in your path, and strike truly at a distance without affecting what lay between, you didn't always need much force. Hypatia put pressure on Wild Dog's cerebellum, her brain stem, and her throat - only for a fraction of a second. But it was enough to send Wild Dog howling in pain, quivering onto the floor.
"Nhh... nhhhnghghh... AGHHH!!" Wild Dog cried, clutching her skull. "You bitch! You fucking bitch, I'm going to... to... RGHHHH!!" She tried to use her powers again, but they had fallen beyond her control.
"If you hadn't tried to cheat me," Hypatia said, "I would have duelled you on your terms. As it was... I had no choice, in the end, but to insult you. Your tenure as a crime lord, such as it has been, is over."

Wild Dog looked up. She was growling, or gurning, or grimacing. The pain was passing, but her head still pounded.
"C-crime lord? Me? No, mate, not me. I just wanted to earn a bit of cash. And I did a damned good job of it. Couldn't beat you, though."
"No, indeed," Hypatia said. "I'm going to throw you a pair of handcuffs now. Please don't force me to-"
"But, then... beating you was only really Plan B. Plan A... was just getting your attention."
It took less than a second for Hypatia to realize she was still in danger. She reached behind her with her powers, blindly exerting force to stop some hidden attacker. But her kind of telekinesis made this difficult: she couldn't just bludgeon. She needed a target. So she didn't stop the woman rapidly advancing on her. Nor, indeed, did Hypatia even truly detect her - not until this woman's glowing fingertips were pressed against Hypatia's temples.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!" Hypatia cried, as some - some energy surged into her. She tried to retaliate properly but - but something was wrong. She couldn't reach in, couldn't focus on the 'music', couldn't get hold of her power. The energy - it was going - going right into her brain... doing... doing something she... unh... couldn't... "My... my powers... I... unnhh...!"
"Ahhahahahahaha!" Wild Dog laughed. "Nice one, sis!"
"S-sis? W-Wild Dog has a sister?" Hypatia thought. Or - or had she said it? She thought she'd only thought it, but the woman touching her responded.
"That's right, Hypatia. Allow me to introduce myself: Wild Fang."
Suddenly, there was a flash in Hypatia's mind's eye - a clear image of someone who looked very much like Wild Dog; not quite an identical twin - taller, broader - but extraordinarily similar.
"That's me," Wild Fang said. "I'm a superhuman too. Sis got the brawn... I got the brain. Or more like... I got your brain."
"T-telepath!"

Rare, powerful, and always dangerous, telepaths had unpredictable abilities. Some could read your every thought, but had no power to harm or battle; others could hypnotise, or fool senses. This one, this 'Wild Fang' seemed to be some kind of touch-telepath.
"That's right!" Wild Fang laughed. "That's exactly what I am. And right now..." she said, pressing her forefingers and middle fingers harder against Hypatia's temples, "I'm deeeeeep inside your pretty head... scrambling it up... and as long as I've got you like this, your powers are useless."

And it wasn't just her powers. Her body was had gone - stiff. Her arms tensing against her sides, her legs locked together - she could twitch, and sort of wiggle, but no more than that. She couldn't even turn to look at her attacker.
"There you go, hero," Wild Fang laughed. "You feel it, don't you? Feel me taking hold of you. Feel me messing up your thoughts. Feel me making you all faint and fuzzy..."
"Wh... nhh... no...!" Hypatia gasped - but it was exactly as Wild Fang described. Everything was getting fuzzy, jumbled. Hypatia could barely form words, could hardly string a cogent thought together. "Can't... let this happen... I - must find a... a way... there's always a way... won't let them... won't let them do this to me..."
"Yes I will."

The reply came from within her own mind. Even scrambled up, Hypatia was able to realize that it was Wild Fang using her powers to speak into her - but it didn't sound like Wild Fang's voice. It sounded like her own voice.
"I'm beaten," she thought. "They tricked me... caught me in their trap... I have to give in now..."
"No! Won't... if I can just... get one ounce... could push her away..."
"But I can't do that. I don't have anything left. She's so deep in me now... she's taken away my powers... taken away my strength... it's not even mine anymore... it's hers..."
"No... those aren't my thoughts - but I lost... it's only fair... I accepted Wild Dog's challenge and - and she beat me... so now I have to - no it doesn't... she cheated... and I beat her, didn't I? But... no it was... just to get me like this... they both beat me... that's right... they beat me... so I need to... accept... that I lost... with grace... I'll... sink? Yes, I - I'll... sink... I'll sink..."

Her arms relaxed. Her legs relaxed. The painful stiffness of her shoulders and her back eased. And for a moment she just stood there, staring blankly forward, body easy, soothed by her surrender, now that she was not fighting against the energy flowing into her body. For a few moments she hovered on the border; silent and obedient, just letting Wild Fang's powers take hold of her. But it only lasted so long because Wild Fang was being careful. She was just ensuring that Hypatia was not, somehow, deceiving her. Once she was sure of this, she gave one final burst - and Hypatia's mind was completely overwhelmed.

"Oooh..." A soft sound, like the cooing of a dove, escaped Hypatia's lips as Wild Fang withdrew her hands. She began to sink, as she had promised, but slowly. First her knees folded beneath her, her body juddering as they hit the concrete floor, arms swinging slightly, neck wavering from side to side. Then the momentum of her arms carried her forward, and her chest pushed forward, her head falling back, exposing the slender, marble-whiteness of her throat. With a soft thud, her thighs and her chest hit the floor a half second apart, with her head lightly following. Then, she was still. She lay prone on the cool floor, arms almost perfectly straight, calves only slightly splayed apart. She moved only from her breathing, and then only slightly. Beneath her mask, her eyelids did not flutter. They just closed, slowly, gradually, in one long, smooth movement. She had one free thought before she passed out; more like an emotion than a clear inner-statement. Just a feeling of unfairness, of cheated honour. But it was not enough to save her. As she passed out, she felt the two sisters standing over her. Heard their laughter. Heard one ask the other 'what are we going to do with her?' But with a whimper Hypatia fainted, before she could hear the other's answer.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

She felt strange when she awoke. She was lying down, on something quite hard, and flat. She felt something against her body, like plastic. It was loose, and crumpled when she shifted. But she couldn't move much. She still felt... weird. Things just weren't connecting up. And there was - there was something on her mouth... a gag. No. Well, kind of? It made her voice quieter, muffled and echo-y, but it didn't exactly stop her speaking.

She found the strength to raise her head, and saw that she was lying on a small bed or couch. It looked odd. And as she'd thought, there was plastic around her, but it was loose; wasn't binding her.
"What's... happening?" she mumbled - trying and failing to get up. She tried to use her powers but - it wasn't working. There was still something wrong with her.

"Hey have you got it plugged in yet?"
"Yeah yeah yeah, give me a second..."
Hypatia turned her head in the direction of the voices. It was them - Wild Dog and Wild Fang. "My captors..." They were fiddling with something, something against a wall, but... what were they doing?

"Got it."
"Oh, just in time. I think she's coming around."
The sisters, grinning, moved back over to their captive.
"Morning Hypatia," Wild Dog said. "Don't worry. You haven't been out for long. Our, uh, lair wasn't too far away."
"What... are you doing...? Why have you... abducted me...?"
"Two reasons," Wild Fang said. "First -"
"Money," Wild Dog interrupted. "Infamous heroines like you fetch a real price if you know a few freaks. Which we do. The other thing..."
"...is reputation. That's why we tried to lure you specifically. You're not Valora, but you're plenty. People will take us a lot more seriously when they know we brought you down. And also..."
"...we wanted to test our new purchase. You want the honours?"
"Sure."
Hypatia couldn't keep track of which was which, so couldn't tell which one moved behind her. Couldn't tell which one followed the nozzle sticking into the plastic around Hypatia's body, followed it to the switch at the head of the bed Hypatia was lying on, and - with a cackle and a flourish - flipped it.

There was a roar of air, and with a fierce and frightening 'snap' the plastic loosely covering Hypatia's body went completely tight.
"UNGHH!" Hypatia cried out, looking down in shock and sudden shame at herself. The plastic - the transparent latex - snapped her arms against her side, snapped her legs against each other, pressed against her bosoms, her slowly wriggling hips, her backside. Hypatia was lying on a vacbed, and in a few seconds it had bound her inextricably. "I... unhh! I can't... move!" The latex hemmed her in from every side, her tall, slender figure helplessly and utterly restrained, the texture of it like a taut membrane, but too strong for her to break; cool against her skin at first, but warmer and warmer with every moment of futile struggle. Against her shoulders, the bottom of her neck, her calves, her -

"Wait..." Something didn't add up. She lifted her head a little more, and what she saw fed the growing fire of humiliation in her breast. She hadn't been able to see before, because of the crumpled plastic - but while they had left her in her leotard, her mask and her gloves, her captors had pulled off her boots, completely exposing her long, silky legs, forcing her not only to feel the rubbery grip of the latex against the acres of her naked skin, but forcing her legs pressed together, the shapeliness of their form, the heat of her moist thighs, the subtle curve of her calves.

But even this was not enough for them. Working together, the two sisters pulled straps affixed to the sides of the vacbed to hold Hypatia down even tighter: across her ankles; below her knees; across her upper-thighs - which not only bound her legs, but pinned her wrists, pinned Hypatia's palms against her feminine hips. Then a strap over her midriff, pinning her elbows to her sides as well. Finally, a strap over her chest, just under her shoulders, holding her down, stopping her even from leaning forward, pinning her completely to the bed.

"Unh... hnn!" Hypatia groaned, wriggling against her bonds, sending up little squeaks and chirps as her skin rubbed against the latex, but even that she could not break, let alone the hard, plastic straps which would have been more than enough to bind her by themselves. "L... let me... go... you... you can't do this, you... wait - what?"
One of them had moved behind her again, and she heard a 'clack' as another switch was flicked. But this time, it did not pull something out. It pumped something in. As Hypatia heard the hiss, and felt an artificial, sickly-sweet scent on the edge of her senses, she realized that her gag was not a gag at all. It was a gas mask.

"Noooooooo!" Hypatia moaned, as she felt the anaesthetic invading her airways, pushing into her nose and her mouth. She felt it slipping into her like fog into a city, covering everything, burying everything, filling every street and hidden alley until she was... subsumed. For a moment this spurred greater resistance, but it swiftly faded along with Hypatia's strength.

"Aw, did you hear that, sis?"
"I did! She actually went 'Noooooo!' Like a real damsel, huh?"
They sat either side of her, leering down at her, grinning with self-satisfied delight.
"Shall we?"
"Yeah, now the right moment?"
"I mean - fucking, yeah, I guess! She's not gonna notice if we wait much longer."
"Yeah yeah, true say. Alright then..."
As the fog grew thicker, Hypatia found it harder to pay attention to her surroundings. Things were getting darker... hazier. But for one moment, her vision grew brighter - it took Hypatia a good two seconds to realize that this was because they had removed her mask.

"Wh -!" Hypatia gasped, the shock of it making her big, bright blue eyes shoot open, made her cheeks flush red. "Mnnnohhh...!"
Her reaction prompted a shock of laughter.
"Oh my god who knew she was so cute under there!"
"Uh-huh. You're kind of imposing with the mask on but without it... and all helpless like that... you are just adorable!" Wild Fang cackled, lightly booping Hypatia on the nose, making herself laugh even harder.
Her eyebrows crinkling in forlorn humiliation, Hypatia's soft, innocent eyes went from one sister to the other, even as their lids grew heavier, and Hypatia herself grew drowsier.

The sisters swung themselves around, lay by Hypatia's sides.
"Aw," Wild Dog crowed. "Poor heroine. We didn't mean to embarrass you so much."
"Yeah. We just wanted to kick your ass, kidnap you and tie you right the fuck up - but we didn't want you to feel bad."
"In fact let's be nice."
"Mm-hmm."
One of them turned a nozzle somewhere on the vacbed, and Hypatia felt herself grow even drowsier. They'd increased the flow of the gas.

She felt them against her, felt their bodies pushing against hers. She felt her latex cocoon keeping her bound so tight, felt their hands on her shoulders through the thin, binding skin. Felt the sweet gas rushing in, stealing more strength every moment, muzzling her power, muffling her thoughts.
"Come on now," one of them said. "Stop struggling. Just give in."
"Mm-hmm. Just let it take you."
"You lost. So just breathe."
"Breathe... and sleep..."
"Sink... and sleep..."
"Sleeeep..."
"Sleeeep..."
"Sleeeep..."

She couldn't resist it any longer. Couldn't resist them any longer. They had overpowered her. Captured her. Defeated her. She was humiliatingly bound. Stripped of her mask - stripped of her second self, brought right back down to Cecily. Soft, beautiful, and helpless.
"Mhh... mhhh..." Ever quieter she mewed. Ever heavier her eyes. Ever meeker she grew still. She could barely see. Could barely feel anything but her bonds, the nakedness of her legs, and the nakedness of her face. Her power was stripped from her, and she was utterly at the wild sisters' mercy. She was defeated, and defeated she sank into a deep, dark sleep...