Dwayne Johnson Apparently Wanted No Part Of A Black Adam Cameo In Shazam 2

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

If he wanted a separate movie for Adam's origin it could have worked. Do Shazam as ism but have Sivana or the Sins drop hints about Adam. Do the Black Adam movie in the past, Show his Fall and entrapment/banishment. Do Fury of the Gods and a line/scene where Space Agency detect Adam's Return or Theo announcing a previously unknown Tomb...
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

That's stupid considering how intertwined the Shazam mythos is with Black Adam.
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Danorian wrote:
1 year ago
That's stupid considering how intertwined the Shazam mythos is with Black Adam.
It's The Rock, not the Brain.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Johnson and his agent have been pretty smart on the roles he has picked.

He got into the Fast and Furious brand without dilluting his brand and knows his limitations as an actor
shevek
Producer
Producer

Black Adam is done in the DCU - oh well. Read Dwayne Johnson's note about it in this Yellow Flash vid.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

The video is a bit annoying but it shows that guys like the Rock have contracts in which they cannot lose and there is some lame math formula for how many times they can get hit (pretend).

So now I'm thinking there isn't going to be any thrill in these movies given these guys will never be shown as losing or beaten.
Supergirllegend
Henchman
Henchman

I think I read that the budget for Black Adam ballooned to $260 million. For an origin story to a character general audiences have no clue about. WB needs to fire whoever is budgeting these films.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It is so very typical of the DCEU that even when they make a movie that's not completely terrible they still manage to step on their own dicks and catch fire afterwards.

I can see why they wanted James Gunn on board. Man turns up, makes a decent Suicide Squad movie, seamlessly folds it into The Peacemaker TV show, and just like that DCEU has two coherent chunks of storytelling and world building and even a few cool characters they can bring back later. Makes it look easy. Meanwhile everything else is either messy as hell or just more dead ends.