Has anyone had credit card/ID theft problems?

General discussions about superheroines!
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Just wondering if anyone has had problems with credit card/ID with pay sites?

I usually use prepaid credit cards, but a few sites don't accept them. I used to have an arrangement with one site owner to emailed me access to videos after he received my mailed USPS money orders.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I had some fake charges show up to other sites after I used PatPal for a Kickstarter where they had my account information for a one time transaction. Then my bank card got cancelled with the bank having no record of why it happened.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I have a card from my bank but I intentionally keep it at like $2k. Bank keeps trying to increase it and I have to call them.
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I have never had any problems with credit card theft. But I have only one from Citicards. They have pretty tight internal controls in effect..
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's always a possibility with online purchases. You can ordinarily trust the giants like Amazon, Ebay etc... but you should always be careful with just doling your credit card number out to just anybody... it's also best to set up your bank card and account with notifications to your phone or something whenever a charge goes through so you may instantly notice if any strange charges go through and you can just immediately notify your bank. The faster you clamp down on stolen card info the better.