Slice of Life storytelling

General discussions about superheroines!
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

I have been reading a lot of "Slice of Life" fantasy recently. I wondered if that slower pace of storytelling would be interesting for readers of Super heroine in peril fiction. I know most of you are probably more interested in videos and comics, so nothing moving slowly there. Nope. :buhbye:

But, I started a story I post on Thursdays on my Patreon. I'm 32 chapters in right now, and it is a much slower paced story. Ms Patriot: Dark Crusade is the slow evolution of Ms Patriot's capture, brainwashing, and transformation into a BDSM mistress and then going after all of the other super heroines in Grimme City to make them her BDSM slavegirls. I didn't start out to write a slice of life story, but it's kind of evolved into one.

So far, no one has praised or condemned the story. So I put up a poll today to see what they thought. But I thought I'd start the conversation here, too.

What do you think of a story that slows down, dwelling a little more on the heroines (and her alter ego's life) and maybe not always pushing the pace and plot forward with every single scene. What are your thoughts and concerns?
Attachments
Ms. Patriot Dark Crusade Inside.jpg
Ms. Patriot Dark Crusade Inside.jpg (318.29 KiB) Viewed 915 times