Jane Leo - "Wow" video (superheroine content)

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
shevek
Producer
Producer

A poster named "Devid905" brought this video to our attention on the SuperHeroineTF subreddit, so I thought I'd bring it over here as well
and offer a bit more information, since this video is quite intriguing.

This is a band called Jane Leo (that's the name of the band, but the singer's name is also Jane) from Austin TX, who have some regional fame in their area and have done some relentless touring (I hope to bring them there if possible) but aren't a nationally known band yet.

A few months ago, they did a video where the duo dress up in tight spandex superhero costumes and go on various campy escapades, like rescuing a kitten from a tree, putting out a barbeque fire, and protecting a sexy woman as she's walking down the street. It's funny and catchy, and there's also a brief transformation where she goes "poof!" into the costume as she walks out of her house.

Jane looks really good in the outfit, and I don't think it's just a fluke that she did that, because there are several photos of her performing in a leotard and tights onstage, and their publicity photo for their booking agency also shows her in spandex and tights. The stage outfits are high cut and really show off her long legs (see below).

They call themselves "neon noir" so I'm not sure if they're just trying to project a retro-80s aerobics vibe (all the rage now with Gen Z, thanks to media blockbusters like Stranger Things) or if there's also a bit of a spandex fetish. I'm hoping it's BOTH (especially since that's pretty much where Heroineburgh sits, too).

Check out the video and the photos. Hope we see more of Jane in these kinds of costumes!

jane leo superheroine.jpg
jane leo superheroine.jpg (37.59 KiB) Viewed 828 times
jane leo spandex shot.jpg
jane leo spandex shot.jpg (27.98 KiB) Viewed 828 times
jane leo spandex.jpg
jane leo spandex.jpg (64.09 KiB) Viewed 828 times
jane in leotard and tights on stage.jpg
jane in leotard and tights on stage.jpg (45 KiB) Viewed 828 times
Last edited by shevek 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

The stage attire looks like what Pat Benetar used to wear back in the day.
shevek
Producer
Producer

IMSancho wrote:
3 months ago
The stage attire looks like what Pat Benetar used to wear back in the day.
Yes, like I said, very retro-80s. I very much agree with your comparison. Benatar was super hot and looked extremely comfortable in spandex.
Could have played a superheroine easily.

So yes that's a similar vibe which Jane Leo exudes. Maybe it's cross between Benatar and Zooey Deschanel.
pat benatar in spandex catsuit.jpg
pat benatar in spandex catsuit.jpg (139.3 KiB) Viewed 719 times
pat bentar red leotard and tights.jpg
pat bentar red leotard and tights.jpg (72.87 KiB) Viewed 719 times
pat benatar in leotard and tights.jpg
pat benatar in leotard and tights.jpg (34.98 KiB) Viewed 719 times
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
3 months ago
A poster named "Devid905" brought this video to our attention on the SuperHeroineTF subreddit, so I thought I'd bring it over here as well
and offer a bit more information, since this video is quite intriguing.

This is a band called Jane Leo (that's the name of the band, but the singer's name is also Jane) from Austin TX, who have some regional fame in their area and have done some relentless touring (I hope to bring them there if possible) but aren't a nationally known band yet.

A few months ago, they did a video where the duo dress up in tight spandex superhero costumes and go on various campy escapades, like rescuing a kitten from a tree, putting out a barbeque fire, and protecting a sexy woman as she's walking down the street. It's funny and catchy, and there's also a brief transformation where she goes "poof!" into the costume as she walks out of her house.

Jane looks really good in the outfit, and I don't think it's just a fluke that she did that, because there are several photos of her performing in a leotard and tights onstage, and their publicity photo for their booking agency also shows her in spandex and tights. The stage outfits are high cut and really show off her long legs (see below).

They call themselves "neon noir" so I'm not sure if they're just trying to project a retro-80s aerobics vibe (all the rage now with Gen Z, thanks to media blockbusters like Stranger Things) or if there's also a bit of a spandex fetish. I'm hoping it's BOTH (especially since that's pretty much where Heroineburgh sits, too).

Check out the video and the photos. Hope we see more of Jane in these kinds of costumes!

jane leo superheroine.jpg

jane leo spandex shot.jpg

jane leo spandex.jpg

jane in leotard and tights on stage.jpg
Quite nice. Or.... Wow.