Has 2015 been "The Year Of Supergirl?"

General discussions about superheroines!
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

yearofsupergirl2015.png
yearofsupergirl2015.png (1.03 MiB) Viewed 7148 times
I've been part of this forum since the Summer of 2012 and the very first superheroine parody film of Supergirl I saw was Rye's Superiorgirl 1984. From that moment on, I became a huge fan of Supergirl parody films. Little did I know that I was was gonna become a creator/writer and producer of my own Supergirl parody Fan Film Series. Now obviously, there are a lot of you out there who like other superheroines from DC comics or marvel. But in this case, Supergirl has taken center stage. From Supergirl to Superiorgirl to Supernova and etc. Make no mistake, it has been a strong couple of years for Supergirl..especially in the internet fan film department. It just shows how much many people are fans of Supergirl and enjoy the different storylines/character traits and of course the peril situation and etc. And with all of that, Supergirl fans get an extra award. And that award is that CBS announces that they have picked up the Supergirl TV show and it will be part of the CBS 2015-2016 schedule. So with so many Supergirl parody films out now and continuing to grow year after year after year, especially this year. and the fact that CBS picked up the Supergirl TV show. The question I have is "Is 2015 the year of Supergirl?" leave a comment/your feedback. I'm interested in you folks' take and opinion on this view.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

With the arrival of the show yes this could be the year of Supergirl, or, knowing what I know now, this could be the year that buttons get pressed in another generation of peril lovers/discoverers who will find your work in x years time depending on their age now.

And that could be the point, the enjoyment of peril now was created by buttons pressed years ago, people here often refer to a particular scene they liked from 196x or 197x or 198x...or who knows when.

My point is, while this may be the year of SuperGirl and her parody variations, the new wave of peril lovers might only appear in 2023 when they recant how the saw some CBS show in 2015

All I know is I like what I like.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
travis36
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I recognize all of the images save for the second from the left, top row (yawning Supergirl)

From where does that come?
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Travis, that is Jacqueline Velvets. Not sure where the video is from!

Who is the one on the top left?!
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:Travis, that is Jacqueline Velvets. Not sure where the video is from!

Who is the one on the top left?!
I believe you can see "Super-Jacquelyn" at...

http://www.sleeperkidsworld.com

Here is a link to one of her videos from there...

http://skwppv.com/skwppvnew/?download=s ... isode-five

The one on the top left is Shelly from http://www.projectsuperwoman.com
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

:no: I was hoping it would be the year of Electra Woman but we all know how that turned out
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

avenger wrote::no: I was hoping it would be the year of Electra Woman but we all know how that turned out
I agree. That thing was a disaster from the start.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey, you forgotten this Supergirl, lol...
20f6be_14f0c885ae33489399871a0be3c3c376_jpg_srb_p_600_781_75_22_0_50_1_20_0.jpg
20f6be_14f0c885ae33489399871a0be3c3c376_jpg_srb_p_600_781_75_22_0_50_1_20_0.jpg (98.75 KiB) Viewed 6965 times
http://www.actioncosplay.com/
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Hey, you forgotten this Supergirl, lol...
20f6be_14f0c885ae33489399871a0be3c3c376_jpg_srb_p_600_781_75_22_0_50_1_20_0.jpg
http://www.actioncosplay.com/
nah, the wig killed it in my opinion.
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

That's true, she still looks fab though :p
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:That's true, she still looks fab though :p
indeed
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, my opinion is definitely has been Supergirls year, mainly due to CBS's announcement, I mean, I mean this with the deepest respect to all the producers on this forum, but officially not been much related to Supergirl since 1984 (Smallville I've excluded as that was a series focused on Superman, lol)
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Anyway, back to the topic in hand, my opinion is definitely has been Supergirls year, mainly due to CBS's announcement, I mean, I mean this with the deepest respect to all the producers on this forum, but officially not been much related to Supergirl since 1984 (Smallville I've excluded as that was a series focused on Superman, lol)
Totally agree with everything you said.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Whoa whoa whoa.... where is that pic of super girl in the shower from? I'm dieing for some super girl in wet tights!!!!
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yes, PLEASE stop putting bad wigs on heroines just to make the character more like the typical version of that character. I would rather see a blonde wonder woman or a darker Super Girl than a cheap wig.
JessSupergirrl

Yippee yes go Supergirl!!!!!!!! She totally rocks. Also I hate the wigs as well DrIbiCaffi luckily I'm blonde so would never need one lol!!!!!!
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

JessSupergirrl wrote:Yippee yes go Supergirl!!!!!!!! She totally rocks. Also I hate the wigs as well DrIbiCaffi luckily I'm blonde so would never need one lol!!!!!!
I agree. I can't stand supergirl with a blonde wig...
JessSupergirrl

Hi Jimbobklyn so it says you are a producer do you never use wigs then and who do you produce for?
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

JessSupergirrl wrote:Hi Jimbobklyn so it says you are a producer do you never use wigs then and who do you produce for?
yes...I co-produce with MMP Studios on a fan film series project focusing on Supergirl (other Superheroine in a spinoff series) stuck/trapped in underwater peril situations. And I can tell you...i never use wigs for the actresses in the films (for obvious reasons).
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

JessSupergirrl wrote:Hi Jimbobklyn so it says you are a producer do you never use wigs then and who do you produce for?
Hi Jess

Here is a link to a web series Jim has produced or had involvement with if you haven't seen them already :evo: ...

https://www.youtube.com/user/WONtheU
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

And here's the link to the fan film series project's facebook page as well: https://www.facebook.com/SupergirlEndurance
JessSupergirrl

Hi thanks penguin adn jimbobklyn. So Bob how come she is always under water what makes you make them like this and is it a popular thing then? Sorry still new to all this it's just really interesting. Thanks, Jess
patmac4
Henchman
Henchman

would love to see jess dressed as supergirl and also evil supergirl
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

JessSupergirrl wrote:Hi thanks penguin adn jimbobklyn. So Bob how come she is always under water what makes you make them like this and is it a popular thing then? Sorry still new to all this it's just really interesting. Thanks, Jess
Hi, JessSupergirl...The series focuses on Supergirl in Underwater peril situations...something that was barely touched on in films, tv and comics. its something I always wanted to create and focus on..since a lot of Supergirl/superheroine fans like seeing their superheroine in a peril element. This is one is one I always wanted to see and its a little outside the box, but it works. You can say I got it form the Superman kyptonite necklace pool scene and watching Rye's Superiorgirl 1984. Rye nail that pool scene..the only issue was that there were no underwater clips showering Superiorgirl struggling and drowning underwater with the kyptonite necklace on. That what drew me to create this project. Surprising, it is popular and does very well on YouTube and Facebook, This forum, and other places. trust me, I'm more shocked than you are. I never thought in a thousand years that it would expand this much. We are already planning for the sixth in installment of this series and are currently in the planning stages of the pilot installment of a spin-off series which will feature Supergirl in the pilot. I don't know if underwater peril is popular here on this forum in general (could be since its unusual and unique in its own way)..but it is popular everywhere else and mind you this series does border on the fetish side..which was not my intend at all..but i can see why.
JessSupergirrl

Hi Jimbobklyn thank you soo much for this explanation i will have a look at it all it sounds quite cool actually and different to what everyone is doing so I guess that is why it is popular so well done to you!!!!!!
And Patmac4 how come you want to see me in a Supergirl outfit AND Evil Supergirl??? And do you mean underwater or normal?
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

JessSupergirrl wrote:Hi Jimbobklyn thank you soo much for this explanation i will have a look at it all it sounds quite cool actually and different to what everyone is doing so I guess that is why it is popular so well done to you!!!!!!
And Patmac4 how come you want to see me in a Supergirl outfit AND Evil Supergirl??? And do you mean underwater or normal?
Thank you, Jess
patmac4
Henchman
Henchman

[quote="JessSupergirrl"]Hi Jimbobklyn thank you soo much for this explanation i will have a look at it all it sounds quite cool actually and different to what everyone is doing so I guess that is why it is popular so well done to you!!!!!!
And Patmac4 how come you want to see me in a Supergirl outfit AND Evil Supergirl??? And do you mean underwater or normal?[/q

just in the supergirl outfits, not underwater or in peril. in the great helen slater pose
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

11659425_1612805479001719_6305255046937431155_n.jpg
11659425_1612805479001719_6305255046937431155_n.jpg (123.17 KiB) Viewed 6027 times
#Supergirl featured on the cover of TV Guide Magazine for #SDCC
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hopefully next year can be the year of Wonder Woman, but I am enjoying the Supergirl year. And I have to admit, the CBS Supergirl is growing on me--she looks better with each new pic.

And to address a point much earlier on, I LOVE the Supergirl shower pic (though I am in agreement with the wig issue).
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Yes it certainly is the year of Supergirl and I love it. I saw the 1986 movie and wished there would be another one or a series. Looking forward to the series on October 26th. Love the TV Guide cover of her.

I enjoyed all those actresses who have played her that are pictured at the top.