PRAYERS ANYONE??

General discussions about superheroines!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Probably the wrong place to post this but yeah know what,what the hell.My father has prostate cancer that has spread to his legs and now has pneumonia.If you pray great if not try it it won't kill you.He and my mother need it(and I could use some to be honest)We are being told by the doctors that after he gets over the pneumonia(can't spell that) that we should take him home and make him"comfortable" I'm sure a lot of you guys out there have lost someone you love so you know it feels like s***.
Thanks for letting me say this.

Richard
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Best of luck. I lost my dad and my uncle and my cousins wife all in the same year. Lets hope thinks turn out for the best.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My best wishes for you and your family. There isn't anything one could post here to even attempt to console you, but there are thoughts and prayers going out on your behalf.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

sugarcoater wrote:My best wishes for you and your family. There isn't anything one could post here to even attempt to console you, but there are thoughts and prayers going out on your behalf.
Just know that the memories of the good times you shared should be held close for later because the memories of the bad times will crowd them out for a while. I know from experience.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
sabrejack
Henchman
Henchman

I'm praying for you and your family, right here and now brother. Peace and love.
dantoon
Henchman
Henchman

Best wishes, Rich.
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I am sorry that you are going that you are having such issues in your family and I will add your father to my prayers,
Helpless
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Praying for you and your family Rich.
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I don't pray per se, but I do meditate often,
for the next 40 days I will focus on good thoughts and attitude for you and your family.
my karma is positive
I wish nothing but recovery and health for your father and if that isn't his path then I wish him peaceful travels, and pleasant memories for you and all those that are privileged to know him
admin

Im sorry to hear it, Rich. I went through the same thing in 2012. All you can do is be there and hope for a miracle. My thoughts are with you.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Sorry to hear that Rich, we're praying for you
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:Probably the wrong place to post this but yeah know what,what the hell.My father has prostate cancer that has spread to his legs and now has pneumonia.If you pray great if not try it it won't kill you.He and my mother need it(and I could use some to be honest)We are being told by the doctors that after he gets over the pneumonia(can't spell that) that we should take him home and make him"comfortable" I'm sure a lot of you guys out there have lost someone you love so you know it feels like s***.
Thanks for letting me say this.

Richard

I know how it feels to lose a father to cancer...

My prayers are with you and your family and I really hope he pulls through
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
dlo005
Elder Member
Elder Member

its what my dad succumed to. in his case it spread into his spine...he was very brave to the end...give your dad all the love you can rich and my prayers are with you
Such are promises
All lies and jest
Still, a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest Simon & Garfunkel
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Best wishes heading your way pal! Stay strong!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

What can anyone say to news like that?
For whatever its worth, I wish you the best..

But you haven't lost him yet.

I would say try and make some new memories whilst you can. None of us ever know how long we have and nothing is certain. Medical opinions have been wrong before, who is to say they won't be wrong this time? Ask the questions you have never asked of him. Tell him the things you have never told him. Have that beer together whilst you watch your favourite movie or the recording of the best game ever. Take him to the places he has always wanted to go but never been- if he has never seen the Grand Canyon or the Great Wall or the Eiffel Tower or the Pyramids at Giza then take him there via the net. Ask him what he is most proud of. Tell him how proud you were of that first model that he made you as a child or the tree house you built together or the first car he helped you buy or his speech on your wedding day or just the pat on the back he gave you when you graduated school or passed an exam or the smile of welcome he gave your first girlfriend or a thousand other things that parents do and we all take for granted.

Some people have life snatched away from them before they have lived it - if nothing else he has helped bring you into this world , and without any of a million and one other things he may have done for you or your mum or your family - that is an achievement. Strive to make that achievement worthwhile, in however long you have left together and in whatever you do in the future.

Now isn't a time for sadness. That will come if things don't work out. Live and enjoy every last second you have together as a family for who ever knows how long that will be?

The one thing that ever holds true when we make that bargain with another heart and love someone is this: Love will always turn to sorrow, either for us or for them. But who would ever trade one instant with the ones you love, for all the gold in the world? Any man that says they would, has not really loved at all. So remember those times and make some new ones and relish what you have left.

However tough the times ahead you and your father and the rest of the family have been blessed by whatever Gods you may believe in, in that you have , and have had, each other. So enjoy and savour whatever time may be left to you or him and share it together and create new memories.

And if none of that is possible, then share the happy times you have had with your family.

As sad as this time may be, if this is to be it, then there are worse ways to go than surrounded by your loved ones, so whilst you may expect the worst, nothing can stop you hoping for the best. I hope above all that there is little pain and suffering and that you and he can find the time together to enjoy life a little in the coming days, weeks, months or hopefully, years.

Life is what we make it. I say make it as happy as you can. Regardless of the hand you are dealt. If it were you, would you want to be surrounded by sadness and gloom in your (potentially) last days? No. And neither will he. Strive to be happy, strive to make him happy. Share life together, yours, and his. There will tears later, (hopefully much later) so be as brave and as happy as you can be together while you can.

Good luck to you both.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

My thoughts and prayers go with your father and your family. -Tyr Garm
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Best of thoughts and prayers to you and your family
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
ojsmooth
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Miracles happen every day. I'm praying it will happen for your father.
Elseph
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I wish you and your family all the best.
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

My prayers are with your father and your family...
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thank you all...............and my friend Tallyho well said :)
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Thinking of your guys Rich, hope things can get better
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
flagonforge
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

prayers for a speedy full recovery for you Dad and peace for you.
sleeperkid
Producer
Producer

Our very best to your dad, Rich. :-(

-SK and JV
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Best wishes for your father, Rich.

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Dave
Sargeant
Sargeant

I would like to also offer my prayers to you and your family....take care of each other!
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Best wishes.

This may not be a great comfort right now, but the fact is we're getting ever closer to the day when cancer becomes a thing of the past. Your children or grandchildren may well be the first generations who don't have to go through what you and your family are experiencing now.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Rich, you are one of the best posters on this forum and I always enjoy when you post-- your family is in my prayers.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks again to everyone here.My dad's health is starting to go lower and lower,prostate cancer and with a weak heart the usual treatments would be to much for him.Now he keeps getting infection after infection and today I find out that there is blood in his stool.He is tired of the "pooking and proding"(probably didn't spell those right) and doesn't want any of it anymore so now the Doctors are saying "make him comfortable"I probably won't be around for awhile so let me say THANK YOU to everyone who posted,and at this point I request prayers for my Mother.God bless and take care :)
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Take care of yourself too richpartist
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

You have my prayers and I concur about taking care of yourself.

My father died from prostrate cancer.
Valik10
Producer
Producer

My condolences to you and your family.
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

do as I did,
I cried I hugged my father I sat with him for the 10 days the Dr's told us he had and I held him with my mother when he took his last breath and was thankful for every second of it but I made sure to tell him he was by far the best man I knew, the best husband and best father an adopted kid could ever had, and those last 10 days he taught me one last thing I never expected, he showed me he was also the bravest and I knew nothing of courage till he taught me that as well. he raised me to be a version of him and I strive for that everyday.

remind him he has had a full life raised a family is a good man husband and father and that he is nothing but a success in life by any standard you wish to measure, this chapter is at an end a new one waits for him however it will be written.

he will start his new path surrounded by friends and family who will miss him but wish him well and will see him again in due time and to your mother, she has lost a partner but not herself she is still your fathers wife and still your mother, aunt, sister, grandmother, great grand mother and what ever else applies, she has a way ahead and you and the rest of your family should remind her of that and praise her for that everyday

Buddha bless you, he will show you the light and the joy of becoming one with everything forever
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

My father has passed away,thank you all for your words thoughts and prayers :) I'll be back sometime.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

:sad: So sorry, Rich. Share the time with your family and know your "family" here is behind you.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:My father has passed away,thank you all for your words thoughts and prayers :) I'll be back sometime.
I'm so sorry to hear that as well, Rich. I know exactly how you feel and I send My condolences to you and your family.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

My condolences to you and your family.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Very sorry to hear that Rich; like others on here I know what you're going through. Prayers for strength and peace to you and your family. Take care of yourself
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Best man I'll EVER know.
Last edited by Richpartist 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
drzod
Henchman
Henchman

Rich I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Please accept my most sincere condolences to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

My salute to a fellow veteran, too!
Helpless
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I'm very sorry Rich. Keep your chin up. Know that his suffering is over.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sorry to hear about your loss, Rich.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

A complete stranger, oblivious to the sad background of these events, might look at the man in the photo and say 'he looks patriotic' or 'he looks distinguished' or ' he looks dignified' or 'he looks an honourable man' and whilst all that is true, the overwhelming impression anyone would get from looking at that picture is that your father was a happy soul.
That's a pretty nice thing to be.
I'm sure you have shed plenty of tears these last few weeks, so smile for him now.

:)

Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

THANK YOU ALL :love:
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

thank you for sharing,
now I am glad I can put a face with the well wishes and when I say his name 108 times with good thoughts and contentment he will hear me and know it is him I speak to, and that you showed him to us proudly and with distinction.

sorrow is done, fear is finished, suffering is past, he continues on in some way shape or form as his light is part of everything.

I agree with Tally, he looks like a good man and a happy person which is the pinnacle of being, what we all should strive for.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Rich. My condolences to you and your family. The bright side is he was able to have a full life. He has seen a lot of change in the world during his 84 years. It sounds like he had a great family. Couldn't ask for more than that. It doesn't make it any less painful, unfortunately.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

So sorry...