Supergirl: A Day in the Life

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

So yeah after a long, long hiatus...I'm posting something. There's nothing super special about the story, just Supergirl (using the TV Show for the background) facing a villainess. Shout out to Tallyho for helping with some of the ideas for this one. Also this story is completely one and done! So no parts that will go unfinished lol. Anyway hope you enjoy it.

National City blazed brightly in the night. The crisp modern skyscrapers gleamed and illuminated the young woman as she flew between the buildings. She smiled enjoying this, flying at night through the city, it’s just so beautiful. When she was little, she had dreamed of flying through Argo City like this or Kandor. While not her original home National City was beautiful in its own way. She adjusted her flight shifting from a vertical balance to a hovering one.

She kept a knee bent as she hovered enjoying the calm night air. The heroine caught her reflection in a plane of glass. The breeze between the buildings lightly tussled her dark blonde hair, while the air also played with her red cape and matching skirt. A darker blue leotard hugged her body but it had color in the form of the red stitching and the red and gold outlined S-Shield on her chest. A golden belt encircled her waist while sheer dark tights graced her legs along with her knee high boots.

Supergirl, Kara Zor-El, better known to her friends and family as Kara Danvers smiled as she stopped and just enjoyed herself.

It had been a busy day for her in and out of the cape. She had done a little early morning patrolling stopping a traffic accident on the highway. Later at Catco, her boss Cat Grant had Kara plan out her schedule for the next three weeks. Of course in between all that Supergirl had been needed at the DEO. Kara helped Alex deal with a leaky alien power source which almost blew up the base. All in all it had been a taxing day and the Girl of Steel had been more than overjoyed to shed her glasses, lower her hair, and don her cape.

Flying was Kara’s ultimate stress relief. No matter how bad the day was, getting up in the skies, feeling the wind flowing over her, the…freedom of being to do this; wish I had started doing this way earlier. In fact Kara regretted she had waited so long to embrace her powers. But what’s done is done and there’s no going back, the Last Daughter of Krypton knew. Supergirl moved out of her hovering and extended her arms to continue to fly over the city.

She was passing over Colonial Park when the sounds of screams reached her sensitive ears. Supergirl turned her head in the direction of the cries. Her bluish-green eyes zoomed in and spotted a smaller older style apartment building. Fire was burning through the upper stories and people were fleeing. Looks like a job for…Supergirl changed her direction and shot off towards the apartment building.

As she flew towards the apartment Kara used her vision powers and saw immediately who needed her help. There was a family cowering in their apartment, flames licking at their door with smoke billowing inside. Supergirl took aim and expertly dived through the window and landed inside. The father, mother, and their two kids looked up to her. Kara saw they were all terrified and put on her calming, friendly face. She moved towards the family, dropping to a knee and offering her hand. “It’s going to be alright,” Supergirl told them a reassuring smile on her face, “I’m going to get you out here.”

Outside the building police officers were helping evacuate people. One of the NPD officers looked up from moving people around and saw Supergirl descending towards him. She touched down revealing a young girl and boy in her arms. She placed them at the feet of the officer but looked to the children first, “Okay you guys were so brave, now I’m going to go get your mom and dad.” They nodded and Kara glanced to the officer, “Now you stay here with this policeman till I come back, okay?” The kids nodded and Supergirl took one last look to the officer who dipped his head in acknowledgement of his assignment.

Supergirl flew back up and into the apartment. The parents had moved to get closer to the window and Kara saw why. The fire had spread into the apartment and was burning the ceiling. The ceiling began to cave in and Supergirl moved in a blur. She placed her body over the parents and let the burning debris and cinders fall atop her. To further protect the couple she had grabbed her cape and used the near indestructible Kryptonian material to cover the parents like they were under a blanket.

After the rubble had ceased falling, she wrapped her arms around the parents’ waist and flew them out. Flames chased Supergirl as she carried them out of the apartment and Kara breathed a sigh of relief. As she descended towards the kids she saw the police officer had gotten the kids a blanket. They nearly leapt up when Kara landed with their mom & dad. Both sides of the family embraced one another. The sight caused Kara to smile before she moved to keep helping with the fire. Before she did though she took one more look at the NPD officer. He gave her a nod, good job, his eyes said. Kara smiled and flew back to the apartment building.

Over the next few moments she pulled several more people from the building. There was an unconscious elderly lady who Kara pulled from her smoke filled room. She busted open a stuck door for another family, helping them escape the building. After returning one of the tenant’s dogs to them, Kara scanned the building with X-Ray vision and used her ears to listen for any more signs of trapped people. As she checked the building the first fire engines arrived along with their attending firefighters. Kara turned to face the chief as he approached, “Everybody is out of the building.”

He nodded in approval, “Good work Supergirl.”

Kara took the praise with a dip of her head; it was always good to know she had… “Help! Somebody help me!” Supergirl’s head snapped back and looked to one of the apartment windows. A figure was there, sagging under the intense heat and smoke.

“I thought you said everybody was out?” the Chief asked confused.

Supergirl shook her head, “So did I.” She flew up and toward the woman in the window. Kara couldn’t understand how she missed her. The building was old, but not old enough to have enough lead to block her X-Ray vision, plus lead or no I should have heard them. It looked like the woman had a black cloak over her probably so she could keep the smoke and debris away. Supergirl hovered and reached out to help the poor woman.

“It’s alright, I’m here to help you,” Kara reassured her.

The woman softly chuckled, “Interesting,” Supergirl heard a accent in the woman's voice but couldn’t place it. The woman’s cloak pulled back revealing she wore a tight fitting dark blue sleeveless suit. Her cloak was a hooded cape clasped around her neck. The woman had unquie eyes colored in a way Kara had never seen before. She was so caught off guard she didn’t notice the woman’s face turn into a sinister smile, “That’s what your mother said to me.”

She then punched Supergirl in the chest with strength far greater than that of a normal human. Kara grunted as she was knocked across the street crashing into the opposite building. Its facade crumbled a bit under her body and her chest stung from the hit. She looked across the street back at her attacker. The woman leapt out of the apartment building, landing in the middle of the street. Supergirl pulled herself out of the building and floated down to her attacker.

“Who are you?” Supergirl demanded, Kara had her arms down but fists were clenched ready for a fight if needed.

The woman had dark hair with magenta highlights at the end. Her hair and eyes were a clue to her origins along with the dark blue bodysuit she wore. Kara saw it was alien in origin thanks to its pattern and design. Her attaker’s forearms wore tight gauntlets of a similar design to the suit, going back and over the woman’s elbows. Dark red ankle boots and a matching belt went around her waist. She strode closer to Supergirl, “My name is Zora from the Planet Argus, Daughter of Alura.”

“You’re from Fort Rozz,” Supergirl replied having an idea of where this was going. Zora had given that away with her mention of Kara’s mother, Alura Zor-El, the woman responsible for sentencing the majority of the aliens that were in the Kryptonian prison. It was one of the reasons Kara knew showing her face and her family symbol the S-Shield on her chest was dangerous. Because every alien with an axe to grind might come after me, Kara thought.

While she wasn’t worried about herself, well mostly not worried, Kara did fear for the people of National City. The last thing she needed was for the city she loved to get torn apart in an alien grudge match. Zora now only stood a few feet away from her. Supergirl locked her eyes onto Zora, “I know what you went through but these people,” Kara eyed their surroundings, “are innocent, you want to fight me, fine but away from here.”

Zora smiled, “If you insist Supergirl.” She suddenly jumped into the air and Kara saw her arcing away from the residential area high into the air. Kara raised her arms and followed after Zora with whoosh as she took flight.

As Supergirl gave chase she saw that Zora wasn’t flying like her but instead was performing super-human leaps across roof tops thanks to her alien physiology. Kara poured on the speed to catch up watching as Zora landed in a series of warehouses along the waterfront. Supergirl quickly followed behind but much to Kara’s annoyance lost the Phantom Zone escapee. Carefully Supergirl began to walk between the buildings, her cape swishing behind her, while her red skirt slipped over her stocking clad legs. Kara could also feel her heart beating a little faster as well.

She reached for her earrings which had a built in communicator. Pressing it she tried to alert the DEO, “Agent Vasquez, this is Supergirl.” To Kara’s surprise there was static on the line. She tried again pausing in her walk to try and figure out what was going on with her comms gear. Her confusion at the failure of the equipment did not go unobserved.

“Nobody on the other line Supergirl?” Zora’s voice echoed between the warehouses taunting her. Supergirl lowered her hand from her ear and looked around. Her vision probed but there was no sign of Zora. The confusion showed on her face and the alien laughed from the shadows, “Can’t find me Daughter of Alura? My stealth systems are immune to even your abilities.”

“A neat trick,” Supergirl replied. If she was being watched without her knowing it, Kara wanted to be ready for action. Stepping off the ground she moved to hovering in the air. Supergirl watched the area as she tried to find any clue of her adversary’s location.

Zora’s voice moved about but it was no indication as to where she was. Kara continued to float through the rows of warehouses listening as Zora spoke, “It earned me my name, the Black Flame, I burned in the background out of sight, unable to be spotted…till I met your mother.”

“I’m sure you ended up in Fort Rozz by accident,” Supergirl shot back, “A victim of circumstance and bad luck.” I mean with a name like Black Flame I’m sure she handed out the Argus version of Girl Scout Cookies.

Supergirl didn’t notice the dark living shadow that was Black Flame moving closer to her. The former prisoner was hidden behind her dark stealth technology. Zora eyed the daughter of her jailer with hatred. Long she had waited for this moment to make Alura pay even if the woman was long since dead. She spoke again the stealth system scattering her voice about to further confused Supergirl, “I was no innocent bystander Supergirl but your mother sentenced me to more than just a prison term, she exiled me from my people.”

Supergirl still unable to find Black Flame continued to talk back, “You exiled yourself Black Flame when you broke the law of whatever world you were on.”

Zora had moved into position to strike. She leapt out and deactivated her stealth systems and appeared once more. Kara turned to see her at the last moment but it wasn’t enough to avoid Black Flame. She slammed her feet into Supergirl pushing her into the ground. Kara hit hard against the ground but she fought through it. Zora moved to pin her but Supergirl counterattacked by pulling back her legs and pumping them out to kick Zora in the gut, sending Black Flame flying back.

Supergirl sprang back up hers arms out, fists clenched, and ready for action. Zora was up too and glaring at Supergirl. “You don’t understand,” Black Flame said with venom as she ran at Supergirl and threw a swinging punch. Kara ducked under it and blocked the next one that hit. She winced as her forearm blocked Black Flame’s strike. Weird her blows didn’t have that much punch before, Kara thought. She pushed that aside and before Zora could strike again Kara brought her own fist back and punched Black Flame flat onto her back.

With the criminal down on the ground Kara stood over her, “Guess you’ll have plenty of time to explain it to me from your cell.”

Black Flame glared up angrily, “My home world is across the galaxy from Earth, there’s no way for me to get home!” She stood up as Kara processed that news, “When Krypton still existed I eventually would have been returned to my planet eventually, but now?” She rushed Supergirl and Kara grabbed Zora’s arms. They struggled against one another in a test of strength. Kara winced as she tried to hold back Black Flame, attributing her seemingly growing strength to Zora’s anger. The escapee leaned in and snapped at Kara, “Now my people will never find me!”

Supergirl managed to exert more of her strength and break Black Flame’s hold on her. After breaking apart she managed to deliver another super-strong punch across Zora’s chin. As her opponent stumbled back, Kara zipped ahead and gave her some rapid blows with her speed. Zora fell to the ground and Supergirl stood over her once more. “It’s over Black Flame,” Kara told her but then softened her tone, “I’m sorry you’re so far from home…I know what you’re going through.”

Black Flame smiled sinisterly, “You don’t know anything Daughter of Alura,” with a sudden burst of speed Zora rose up and nailed Supergirl with a punch. Kara was shocked by the power of the blow, which sent her flying back and into a warehouse wall. Unlike before she didn’t go splat against the wall but drove right through the concrete cement blocks and into the empty warehouse. Supergirl fell after breaking through and rolled across the floor as she landed. Eventually she came to a stop covered and dust and lying on her side.

“Rao…what was that?” Kara muttered as she felt sore from the hit and slowly got up.

Black Flame landed inside the warehouse grinning at the fallen Maiden of Might. Supergirl wasn’t down long though. She flew at Zora with her fists outstretched and ready to hammer the alien escapee. Zora grabbed her as she approached and held Supergirl in place. Kara grunted as she poured on her flight power but didn’t get anywhere. I don’t understand how is she so much stronger now? Black Flame laughed at the confusion on Supergirl’s face before pulling on Kara’s arms and slamming her into the ground. The Girl of Steel hit hard landing on her chest cracking the floor. She groaned for a moment before Zora rolled her over onto her back, and straddled Kara.

“What’s the matter ‘Supergirl’?” Zora teased before sending a fist into Kara’s face. The heroine’s cheek stung from the hit as did her chest when Zora pounded her on her S-emblem.

Kara grunted from the hits but she wasn’t done for yet. She used a martial arts’ strike Alex had taught her, delivering a pair of chops to Zora’s sides. The blows stung and Black Flame did react but instead of a grimace of pain she grinned. “You haven’t figured it out yet have you?” she pulled back from Supergirl and before Kara could strike again. Zora grabbed her by an arm and yanked Kara to her booted feet. As Supergirl got to her feet Zora slammed a knee into Supergirl’s gut causing Kara to double over. Black Flame grinned and then grabbed Supergirl tossing her across the room.

Supergirl sailed into the air smacking against the floor and once again rolled across it. As she came to a stop Kara had had enough, alright that’s it. She got to her feet and focused her gaze on Black Flame, “All I need to know Zora is that is ends now.” Her eyes glowed brightly and under her skin around them a faint red glow of deep heat had been generated. Seconds later a pair of blue energy beams lanced out from Supergirl’s eyes straight at Zora. Kara expected the blast to do its usual thing, knock Zora back, stun her, and put an end to this fight. So she was more than dismayed when Black Flame held her ground and let the energy pour over her. Maybe she’s tougher than most, Kara decided giving it a little longer with her heat vision. Black Flame though just stood there and as Supergirl continued to zap her it almost looked like her energy was being, sucked in? Supergirl cut off the heat vision and saw the glowing red heat being absorbed into Black Flame.

The Fort Rozz escape chuckled and acted like she had been sunning herself, “Thanks for the tan Supergirl,” she raised her hands, “Let me return the favor!” from her hands an orange energy blast lanced out and struck Kara head on.

“Ahhhh!” Supergirl yelled as she was blasted back and through the warehouse to the outside. The beam sent her crashing into an abandoned van with a crunch of metal. Its side caved in under her impact and the residual heat coming off her melted parts of the van. It’s…like my own…power was used against me, Supergirl thought as she slowly stirred. Kara weakly climbed out of the van as Black Flame strolled out through the hole Supergirl had made exiting the building.

“You see, we all have different powers here on Earth Supergirl,” Zora teased enjoying the sight of Alura’s daughter, weakened, confused, helpless before her. “My people are natural energy absorbers. Our bodies can take any energy, kinetic, thermal, light and use it.” That’s why she got stronger as we fought, Kara realized with an internal groan. Every kick, punch, blow delivered by Supergirl had delivered in the end was working against her. Seeing the look on Supergirl’s face Black Flame laughed, “That’s right, the heat vision was just the icing on the cake as the humans say.”

She raised her hand to fire off another energy blast at Supergirl. Kara managed to leap out of the way but was still feeling a little out of it so she didn’t fly. Zora’s blast destroyed the van causing a small explosion. Landing not too far away, Kara caught her breath as Black Flame turned to face her, “I’m going to destroy you tonight Daughter of Alura, with the very gifts your mother wanted you to have.”

“Not a chance,” Supergirl responded with a glare trying to think of a plan.

“I’m going to enjoy this,” Black Flame grinned. She rushed Supergirl with her fast reflexes. Kara pulled back, flying a little to help her do so. She had to totally rethink how she fought Zora. Every time I hit her she’s just going to get stronger, Kara knew. She flew up and away from Zora but the alien villain could leap. She did so roaring up at Supergirl and tackling her. Supergirl struggled with her noting how they seemed evenly matched now. Black Flame and Supergirl tumbled in the air and as they did so Kara managed to change who was going to take the impact when they hit, it was Zora.

The ground thumped as they hit and Supergirl smiled. It was short lived as Kara realized her mistake. Zora smiled as she saw what Supergirl was thinking. It gave her the time she needed to bring her feet together and pulled back her legs. Before Supergirl could dodge, Black Flame nailed Kara with a piston kick in the gut. Supergirl tumbled end over end into the sky. Black Flame laughed as she watched Supergirl crash down onto the roof of a warehouse. Zora wasn’t far behind, leaping up and into the air. Kara saw her coming up and started to rise but Zora had aimed her leap perfectly. She came down landing right on Supergirl.

“Ughhh!” Supergirl grunted as Black Flame’s impact sent them crashing through the roof. Kara and Zora fell amongst debris. Sparks rained from a broken electrical line and illuminated the scene. Supergirl lay on her back in a small crater.

“Didn’t think that through did you Supergirl?” Black Flame said. She stood over the heroine looking at the fallen Girl of Steel. Zora, a smug grin on her face, continued. “Didn’t think I’d absorb the energy of that impact?” Supergirl managed to roll onto her front and tried crawling a bit, hoping to clear her head. “Don’t you get it you can’t win. The more you fight me,” She ran up and slammed her boot into Supergirl’s gut with a kick, “The stronger I get!”

Supergirl flipped up and over landing hard on her back. Kara winced and tried to move but Zora pinned her in place with another blast of energy. Supergirl gasped as it washed over her. Black Flame’s face turned wicked, she had Supergirl right where she had her. Her hands glowed and Zora sent more energy at Supergirl who started to whither under the blasts. Black Flame repeated her blasts in rapid succession, using up a lot of energy, but clearly hurting her foe and that made it worth it. Supergirl’s back arched and she gasped as each orange plasma shot rocked her body.

Can’t…take…too many more of those blasts, Kara thought as she tried to move. She glanced around trying to form a strategy. Can’t blast her, can’t just punch her…think Kara, think! If Zora was able to absorb energy and store it then there had to be a limit to it. Supergirl spotted something in the wreckage of where Black Flame had smashed her through the roof. There was a dangling electrical wire with sparks coming off of it. A plan started coming to form in Kara’s mind, just…need to get up though. Something that was easier said than done with an alien who wanted revenge on Kara’s family and was blasting her with hot plasma.

Another of these said blasts had hit and it further drained Supergirl’s strength, leaving her feeling weak. Supergirl expected another blast but was surprised when she got a moment’s respite. Black Flame had ceased her blasts and came over to the fallen Girl of Steel. Zora beamed as she saw how weak and helpless the superheroine looked. She bent down and grabbed Supergirl by the collar lifting her off her feet. Black Flame held Kara Zor-El up, her feet not touching the ground, the daughter of Alura her jailer ready for a finishing blow.

“Now Supergirl,” she told Kara, “You will die and join your mother.” Black Flame formed a glowing charge of energy over her fist ready to give Supergirl the final blow which would end her.

Kara’s blue-green eyes opened weakly and she said, “Not yet.” Zora expected an attack but not what ended up happening. Supergirl blew her cheeks out and a burst of gale force winds left her lips causing Black Flame to fight to keep her footing. Kara kept blowing which caused Zora to let go of her. Supergirl landed on her feet and continued her attack. She thrust her body forwards, fists clenched, and legs planted. Black Flame used her strength to try and hold herself in place but unlike Supergirl’s previous attacks she wasn’t able to turn this to her advantage. She felt her hold on the ground slipping and with a yell flew backwards.

The alien criminal crashed into the wall of the warehouse stunned for a moment. Kara ceased using her super-breath and flew up to grab the live electrical wire. Black Flame got up angry that Supergirl was still fighting. She got a running start yelling, “You’re only delaying the inevitable Daughter of Alura!”

“No,” Supergirl responded. She watched as Black Flame leapt at her and prepared to tackle her. Kara though was ready and she thrust the live electrical wire towards Zora. She avoiding getting grabbed by Black Flame and wrapped the wire around Zora. Kara held her tightly in the air binding her with the wire as electricity began to arc over the two of them. Supergirl completed her thought from when Black Flame attacked, “No, I’m finishing this Black Flame!”

At first Zora laughed, “You’re a fool then…you’re only making me stronger!” She struggled using the power she absorbed from the electricity to fuel her efforts.

Supergirl and Black Flame struggled in the air, Kara giving it her all to keep Zora trapped and off the ground. While it wasn’t easy Kara was keeping the criminal restrained. Kara had her arms wrapped around Zora’s upper body, pinning Black Flame’s arms tight against her sides while also trapping the Fort Rozz escape’s legs with her own. Supergirl winced from the effort it was taking but she managed to say, “Really, are you Black Flame?”

Zora wondered what Supergirl was talking about when she realized that she wasn’t getting any stronger. Confusion showed on her face and Kara smiled. “The thing about energy storage Zora is,” Supergirl said as her eyes glowed, “There’s always a limit.” Black Flame tried to escape but she couldn’t. Kara blasted her with blue heat-vision and the power tried to be absorbed by Black Flame’s body. However because she was already saturated with power her body became overloaded.

“Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!” Zora managed to cry out as just as a powerful energy blast knocked her and Supergirl from the sky. Kara landed hard on her side wincing from the blast and impact. Slowly she got up feeling the aches and sores of the fight. Sitting on a knee she looked over to Zora. The alien woman was lying flat on her back unconscious from the blast. Kara caught her breath relieved that the fight was over.

…………….

Supergirl had her head back against the wall of the DEO bunker. The Girl of Steel had her eyes closed as she relaxed. She was doing alright just feeling a bit fatigue after her fight with Zora. After she had beaten Black Flame whatever jamming the alien had been using on her had stopped. It allowed Kara to call the DEO and not long after that a team arrived to take Zora into custody. Alex had checked out Zora to make sure the energy overload hadn’t hurt her, giving her a clear bill of health. The former Fort Rozz escape was now resting in a cell.

“How you doing?” Kara opened her eyes and saw the warm smile of her sister. Alex Danvers walked in holding a cup of coffee, two in fact. She was dressed in her typical work attire, black shirt, pants, and equipment belt. The chin length bob of dark brown hair bounced slightly as she walked.

Kara smiled taking the drink. While the DEO brew wasn’t as good as the café she visited at work, it hit the spot right now, “Alright, bit tired but doing okay.”

Alex joined her at the wall sipping her own coffee, “You seem to be doing okay but make sure to get a good night’s sleep, sister and doctor’s orders.”

Kara chuckled, “Yes ma’am.” Her face though turned a bit downcast, “I can’t help feel for Zora though.” Alex didn’t say anything letting Supergirl explain, “She’s a long way from home and doesn’t have a way to get back…I can relate.”

“It’s sad but,” Alex agreed nodding her head before looking to Kara, “She let the wrong feelings consume her. Kara she turned to vengeance rather than what you did.” Kara gave Alex a puzzled look wondering what she as getting at. Alex responded by saying to her little sister, “You could have given in to anger, despair, but you didn’t Kara you found something else.”

“What?” Kara asked.

Alex rubbed Kara’s shoulder and answered, “Hope.” Supergirl appreciated that and moved to give Alex a hug. She did so, rubbing Supergirl’s shoulder, “Head home sis, get some sleep.”

Kara nodded, “Yes ma’am.”

A short while later Kara was standing outside the main DEO bunker entrance. She looked up into the night sky seeing the many pin points of lights which represented thousands of stars and tens of thousands of worlds. It took a little doing but she managed to spot a faint red dot, one that wouldn’t be visible without her super enhanced eyes. Goodnight Rao, she thought spotting her former home’s star. With a whoosh she took to the sky enjoying the feel of the night air over her skin.

It was just another day in the life of Kara Zor-El.

The End, for now
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Great to have you back SgW! And in fine form. Great dynamic fights and a nice quick punchy little tale, good job!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

A short sweet storyline that sits comfortably inside the CBS vision of SG's world. Nice job.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

You precisely replicated the feel of the TV show right down to the dialogue and facial expressions described. Well done.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Thanks, Tally, Abuct, and Dr. D for the feedback :) I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story and that it felt in well with Kara's world on TV. It was real nice to get something written and completed after a long while. Not sure what I might do next, might go back to the classics such as Supergirl (TV) running into Kryptonite.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

SGWriter wrote:Thanks, Tally, Abuct, and Dr. D for the feedback :) I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story and that it felt in well with Kara's world on TV. It was real nice to get something written and completed after a long while. Not sure what I might do next, might go back to the classics such as Supergirl (TV) running into Kryptonite.
Perhaps, but one of the cool things about the "Fort Rozz" mechanic is that it brings in good scaled opponents that don't need K to win. Enjoy the fact that in this version of the SG world you can bring in all sorts of enemies. While I came up with a different system of enemy creation for one of my previous SG stories (before CBS came out with theirs) it is similar to the show in some ways and am looking forward to exploiting it again...
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
SGWriter wrote:Thanks, Tally, Abuct, and Dr. D for the feedback :) I'm glad you guys enjoyed the story and that it felt in well with Kara's world on TV. It was real nice to get something written and completed after a long while. Not sure what I might do next, might go back to the classics such as Supergirl (TV) running into Kryptonite.
Perhaps, but one of the cool things about the "Fort Rozz" mechanic is that it brings in good scaled opponents that don't need K to win. Enjoy the fact that in this version of the SG world you can bring in all sorts of enemies. While I came up with a different system of enemy creation for one of my previous SG stories (before CBS came out with theirs) it is similar to the show in some ways and am looking forward to exploiting it again...
Oh it is definitely a good thing. Allows them to make use of a lot of different baddies who can match Kara with their own powers/strength. I also love though a classic Kryptonite peril so I think there's room for both. I've got a couple ideas here and there for another story.