Peril can the heroine win?

General discussions about superheroines!
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

Hi everyone, I noticed that a lot of newer releases have the heroine losing or dying at the end. I can think of a few films where I actually pulling for the heroine to come out on top at the end. Please let me know what you think.
Bert

I was pulling for Celestia and Miss Freedom in the NGC season 2 finale. Celestia took such a beating I really wanted her to come through in the end.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, I don't really care all that much, to be honest. As long as the heroine gets defeated, bound, and tortured, whether or not she eventually wins in the end isn't that important to me.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I don't mind if she wins at all, just as long as she has a really long tough road of getting there. To me it's also cool to see a heroine take it all and bounce back in the end to be victorious, though she limps home knowing the bad guys got the better of her. Death to me for the most part doesn't really accomplish anything because it means that character is gone and no more fun for the villains. Same reason Joker never really seriously tried to kill Batman despite having all those chances.
sharon-in-peril
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

As a cosplayed / role-player heroine 'wannabe', I like the kinkiness of the peril….the fear it generates even.
Losing is costly ….. but a sexy thought ;)
sharon-in-peril
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

cosplayer, not cosplayed ;)