Can't stay logged in.

Have a problem with the forum? get support here!
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Hey gang,

is anybody having trouble staying logged in these days? Everytime I bounce around the forums, I'm kicked out for some reason. Is the forums going through maintenance right now? and if so, for how long? Just wanna be prepared so I'll know when it's okay to try to log back in.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'm getting 522 Connection Time out error.

I thought it was just the Curse of Tallyho after I called that old gypsy crone a charlatan hag, so many moons ago. So, so many moons ago....

Anyone else whose entire existence isn't the subject of mirth for the deities having trouble? Its been happening to me over the last week or so
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:I'm getting 522 Connection Time out error.

I thought it was just the Curse of Tallyho after I called that old gypsy crone a charlatan hag, so many moons ago. So, so many moons ago....

Anyone else whose entire existence isn't the subject of mirth for the deities having trouble? Its been happening to me over the last week or so
:lol:

I broke into laughter when I saw your quote tallyho. Thanks for the laugh, I really needed that this week. Things have been really dreary.

But yeah, if anyone else is having this problem, please post. I've been getting the connection time out error also from time to time.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Chat mode is still flaky. Not sending chat lines I just typed. Happens repeatedly.

...and by flaky, I don't mean delicious, light and wonderfully crisp, I mean the bad kind of flaky. Like the pie crust from hell. Okay, I'm done.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ Yes I had the same - lost 18 successive replies I typed in one chat conversation last night. I mean its me, so its all drivel, but well ya know...its nice to be heard once in a while.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Doctor Outcome wrote: I've been getting the connection time out error also from time to time.
Don't you mean 'from time to time out' ? :D

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, the answer here is, the chat needs to be upgraded. Along with some other software. Another post is coming regarding that.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I have also been getting "522 Connection Time Out Error" messages for about three days.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

viking wrote:I have also been getting "522 Connection Time Out Error" messages for about three days.

When it happens, to pass the time I've tried saying it in the style of Adam West's Batman - "Must...stay...logged....in! Can't...hold...connection...much....longer!"
But it doesn't help.

Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

tallyho wrote:
Doctor Outcome wrote: I've been getting the connection time out error also from time to time.
Don't you mean 'from time to time out' ? :D
:lol:
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

MightyHypnotic wrote:Error 522 is an issue with the server, we're making some adjustments to stop those.
Hey MightyHypnotic, how's it going? I'm still having issues with the forum for some reason. When I go to my notifications or private messages and I try to log in, I'm being kicked out and I have to log in all over again.

I don't mean to be a bother but can you help me out please?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok so I've located the issue regarding the server and will be working on it tonight and tomorrow. There is a process that is telling the webserver to restart and it happens about 10 times a day.

So bear with it all and there will be a solution soon.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I just got 522'd

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I just 522'd a second ago. But it only happened once just for a second. It didn't last several minutes like it was doing.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah there are some configuration issues I am ironing out. It should be less and less as I make the server more stable...
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've been thrown out twice tonight and once last night not with the 522 message but just a message saying the site cannot be reached. Lasted 10-12 minutes (previously been shorter)

MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

We updated the server configuration so that might've been a part of it...It seems like it's been pretty stable since...