Adam West, TV’s ‘Batman,’ Dies at 88

General discussions about superheroines!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

rexfeatures_1546961a.jpg
rexfeatures_1546961a.jpg (38.69 KiB) Viewed 3511 times
Adam West — an actor defined and also constrained by his role in the 1960s series “Batman” — has died. He was 88. His rep said that he died after a short battle with leukemia.

“Our dad always saw himself as The Bright Knight, and aspired to make a positive impact on his fans’ lives. He was and always will be our hero,” his family said in a statement.

Just heard via the BEEB that legend Adam West has died at age of 88 after battle with leukeamia

HUGE part of my childhood. Man of genuine integrity ( he refused to cross a picket line at the BBC to do an interview on a visit to the UK as his father believed in trade unions). Hope he didn't suffer at the end

Gutted.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Night_Lantern
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

RIP Sweet Prince. Forever thankful for bringing a lighter side to the Dark Knight.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Just heard about it this morning flying from LA. The captain actually made an announcement about it. Very somber flight the rest of the way home. Last time I experienced something like this was when Steve Irwin died. Makes for a very sad flight, for sure. A lot of love for Adam West and he knew it
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yep, thanks for the memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdVJWyoncdU
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

He will live forever :)
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

I Created this tribute poster for the YouTube Network/Production Company/online Radio Stations facebook pages and posted up on those pages in honor of Mr. West and I thought it would be a good idea to post it here and share it here with all you folks at the forum. Like everyone here, I was huge fan of Adam West since I was a baby..grew up watching batman on WPIX here in New York from 1989 to 1998 on PIX 11 here in NYC...Just so funny and entertaining to watch. Also saw him on 77 Sunset Strip, Perry Mason and even a 3 stooges movie. Just a talented actor and a good man all around. This news of his passing feels like a punch to the gut..it literally does..i was this sad when I heard the news about Christopher Reeve passing away back in 2004...but this one is sad, but when you look at it..88 years old..that's a long, good life. A good guy and classy gentlemen. He will be deeply missed :( he will always be "my" Batman. Very sad day in the superhero genre.

Sleep in peace, Batman :(
adamwesttributeposter.png
adamwesttributeposter.png (1.12 MiB) Viewed 3513 times
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I guess I've reached the age where the world stops giving and starts taking things away :(

I still remember the batman and robin keychains me and my sister fought over when we were really little and watched the show religiously on whatever channel we were watching back then. Farewell Mr. West, and may your much less 'dark' knight find more popularity in the future. We could use some more camp after this.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Very sad to hear he is gone, a unique talent who in his own way helped lay down the foundations of the genre. Condolences to those he leaves behind.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

RIP
tumblr_o7aw1rpWcI1txykp9o1_500.gif
tumblr_o7aw1rpWcI1txykp9o1_500.gif (460.29 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
giphy (4).gif
giphy (4).gif (425.63 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
tumblr_nfpz1tbRA61s2wio8o3_500.gif
tumblr_nfpz1tbRA61s2wio8o3_500.gif (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3478 times
giphy (3).gif
giphy (3).gif (1.81 MiB) Viewed 3478 times
giphy (2).gif
giphy (2).gif (346.57 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
shevek
Producer
Producer

Heard about this in the middle of a video shoot today! We immediately observed a moment of silence. Everything we do, everything we're about, stems from that TV show helmed by his admirable performance.

Looks like the Pittsburgh Steel City Comicon was possibly indeed the last con he ever attended. I saw him there from about 10 feet away. Glad I did!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This is so sad....I am so glad I just got to meet him this year....My entire life was shaped...re-shaped and made me the woman I am Today as weird as it sounds from the 1960's batman series...I will never forget my first comic con with my older step brother as Adam West/blue grey Batman and me in my first ever Batgirl costume...from that Saturday 10 long years ago and the effect Adam, Yvonne and Burt and all the others to today..not a day goes by that I think somehow about this Gotham life!
Rip Mr. West and thank you for being BATMAN!!
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

I've never identified more with the Boy Wonder in my life...
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

:ybat: :bmbw: :cry: :no: :love: :weep: :flyaway:
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Sad news. A massive part of the show that launched so many interests in fetish.
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Adam West sure was an awesome Batman, he will never be forgotten!
patmac4
Henchman
Henchman

still sadden by his lost
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

Helluva shame....a door to the past closes irrevocably.