CW Crossover is going to feature Lynda Carter as WW

General discussions about superheroines!
MetaDude2
Sargeant
Sargeant

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/07/ ... m-welling/

They’re gonna do a CW crossover event based on Crisis on Infinite Earths, and apparently Lynda Carter’s going to come back as Wonder Woman.

Yippee!
————————————————————————
Part time story writer. :thumbup:
mangog3000
Elder Member
Elder Member

Amazing news!
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

If this is true, excellent news!! Love the idea of Lynda Carter reprising Diana Prince / Wonder Woman!!! :lynda1:
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for bringing this up! I was going to post about it earlier but didn't get the chance. Hopefully this is going to be amazing!
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Lynda Carter reprising her role as Wonder Woman! I have died and gone to heaven.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

If true, it's gonna be fun seeing that old red, white and blue again, though I wouldn't be surprised if they opt for the more "practical" Gal Gadot version, if ever or maybe even design a whole new bodysuit for TV WW.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
JohnFeer
Henchman
Henchman

IF she does it, remember, LC is 68 years old as of yesterday....
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

JohnFeer wrote:
4 years ago
True, but if you have seen her on Supergirl, she is still looks remarkably attractive for 68.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

bushwackerbob wrote:
4 years ago
JohnFeer wrote:
4 years ago
True, but if you have seen her on Supergirl, she is still looks remarkably attractive for 68.
Ah, but she was only 67 doing Supergirl. :giggle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

They're gonna have to be creative with their camera angles and distances if they intend to use the 70's costume. I doubt if they have the budget to CGI a younger version of her.

heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

LMAO... I love Lynda Carter as Wondy. I will painfully and shamefully admit at the young age of 7-9 years old I had a crush on her (and Yvonne Craig as Batgirl and Erin Gray as Colonel Wilma Deering in Buck Rogers - what can I say? I love beautiful strong women that have a gorgeous smile). But I'm fairly certain she will not be wearing the uniform of old - I'm sure it will be an updated, suitable version. Also, with so many heroes and villains from the multiverse involved, I'll be surprised if Lynda has a big role. Also remember, in the original Crisis on Infinite Earths series, Earth 2 Wonder Woman (or WW2 Wondy that somehow maintained her youth in the 60's) 'died' by fading away. Lynda might be pulling a Harrison Ford / Han Solo bit by saying," Yeah, I'll do it. But only if you kill me off."

I do like the idea of 'tapping' into other television universes (60's Batman, 70's Wonder Woman, 90's Flash, 00's Smallville). Tom Welling could fill the 'Superman Earth 2' position, since he never really got to play the character and he always wanted to do so (side note: would be awesome if he purposely and bravely flew into the energy barrier like Ultraman in the few pages of the book - or some version of Supes does. Dean Cain where are you?). It would also be kinda cool if they snuck Lyle Waggoner in as well (still alive at 84 years young, but perhaps he's fully retired).

But Lynda Carter returning as Wonder Woman is a highlight and a must see!! :ww1:
hiyaboy15
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I saw this post on tumblr. Not sure if it has any gravity.
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Heroinehunter looks up to the heavens, shakes his fist, and screams "NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!" …. but not surprised at all.
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yeah, not surprised. I mean, Lynda Carter could have pulled it off in her forties. Supposedly, she wore the costume to her son's school once for show and tell, which would have been in the 1990s. But she was more than ready to pass the torch to Gal Gadot.

To say nothing of Burt Ward, who really really isn't the Boy Wonder anymore. He isn't even young enough to play Alfred.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I often get cynical about stories like these. Whenever I hear them a lot of times I think agents or publicists are the ones who plant these stories in order to plant seeds so maybe fake news becomes reality, the story gets some mileage, some publicity and support and maybe some exec goes "you know that is not such a bad idea". It is a way for agents or publicists to say my client might be interested in this.
LaundryGuy101
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I’d still fuck the shit outta Lynda Carter!!!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

LaundryGuy101 wrote:
4 years ago
I’d still fuck the shit outta Lynda Carter!!!
In the immortal words of Noel Coward, that's very good of you. :giggle:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

To be fair, with the tech in place to do old/young FX on living actors I could easily imagine Lynda Carter at least contributing to a cameo scene and it being pulled off convincingly. Gemini man looks particularly impressive at doing this ...
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

That might be a bit more difficult on a TV budget though

Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

I think I've figured out what they're going to do.

There is a software program called Deepfake that can basically use machine learning to build a digital model of an actor's face from a large number of photographs, and then convincingly photoshop that face onto a different person in a video stream.

Here, the Corridor Crew YouTube channel uses Deepfake to make a fake video of Keanu Reeves stopping a robbery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzEFnbZ0Zd4

Deepfake is a very trendy effect right now (think morphing in the 1990s), so I'm almost positive this is what they are going to use.

It requires a whole bunch of stills and video of the subject to "train" the AI to replicate a face, which makes TV celebs great candidates for the technology. The result is also low resolution, so it is usually done on something like cellphone video. But for the stars of the 60s and 70s, we are used to looking at them in low resolution.

My guess is they'll use Deepfake to put faces onto body doubles, and have the real celebs do voiceovers.
heroinehunter
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I believe that when they officially announced Kevin Conroy as Batsy it was asked if Lynda Carter will be back as well. It sounded like she was approached, but politely declined. So, Lynda going back to being Wonder Woman is like Peter Gabriel going back to front Genesis. It's always possible, but because said person has a certain disdain for it do not hold your breath.

call me - 'the guy that advised Tarkin to evacuate before the Death Star blew up.'
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

brdiy wrote:
4 years ago
That might be a bit more difficult on a TV budget though
Oh for sure it'd be budget consuming but I suspect this tech is becoming more accessible than you might think.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

It would be pretty cool to see an official effects shot with Lynda Carter, Adam West, Burt Ward and Christopher Reeves as the 1970s Justice League.