Chat has been added

Info regarding this website!
admin

Im just trying it out at the moment.

You can check it out at:

http://www.superheroineforum.com/chat/

There are some things I like and others that I don't. Play around with it and see what you think....

At the moment there is no integration with the forum so you have to register separately. Not really a big deal.

Let me know what you think of the interface, etc...

MH
bgrhugs
Sargeant
Sargeant

i like it..we needed a chat on here..whoo hoo...looks good so far....
admin

I realize a link is needed to get back to the main forum from chat. Working on it. :)
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Will the chat be on 24 hrs?

is there a backup log to see what was said if you scroll back far enough?

will there be a moderator assigned to make sure users aren't using it for nefarious reasons?

Do we have to register a new name/password or will our info here be used there instantaneously?
ksire_99
Elder Member
Elder Member

Thanks!
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Do we have to sign up separately for chat?
admin

You have to sign up separately for now. I am working with the developer to integrate our current usernames.

The main chat had logs but they disappear after a certain time, I think its 24 hours. Private chats and other rooms are not logged.

SGZ6 and myself are moderators. I am also working with the developer to allow users to create their own rooms, where they will become moderators automatically.

But for now, its just a fun chat that everyone can use. We used to have one and it was a popular addition. If this one proves to be too clunky, there are a couple of other options out there...
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe individual producers can hold Q&A sessions in chat? As long as we're all clear about the time zones, it might be quite useful for MH, Rye and others to arrange live Q&A sessions with the fanbase.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Very good idea HA. And there's me thinking you were thick.... ;)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sure. The idea has crossed my mind. It's a good idea. Right now I am trying to get the automatic login thing sorted out. I have to make sure it's done in a way so that when the application gets updated, our changed don't get wiped out.