Overused and Underused

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just some observations

Overused

Chloroform
Not only as a way to subdue, but heroine just allow the villains to use it when they face them
Ski masks
Why do so many male villains have to wear a black ski masks
Physically overpowered
These superheroines get caught in a bearhug by generic thug and are rendered helpless
Skulking
These are heroines being very furtive instead of being confident when looking for their adversary

Underused
The Magic Lasso
Considering this fetish, you would think that this would be used more to dominate and humiliate Wonder Woman
Catwoman’ s whip
Used frequently in the comics as a weapon and to capture also used very well by Michelle pfifer’s version.
Batgirl’s utility belt
She wears it but nothing ever seems to be taken out
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:Just some observations...

Is that within the video side of things you are talking about? I only ask from the side of the story writers here. Lord knows I don't read anywhere near enough, spending more of my time writing stories or the screencap stuff but I know we writers do try and avoid using the same perils over and over. Try my Wastes Of The Gods.... WW's enemy learns some new ways to defeat the heroine in the opening phase of the story, can you figure it out too?

AEM
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ Regardless of what you meant Dazzle just read it anyway its a great story!

I would dispute the 'skulking' reference - its just natural caution rather than blundering into a trap like an idiot- I mean they all get caught anyway in said trap but just walking into it like a fool is hardly the intelligent (sometimes Superintelligent ) hero they are supposed to be. SG/Powergirl apart, most heroines we see the most of in vids are human with human weaknesses - caution is fine as far as I'm concerned.

I would add Backbreakers to the overused list
and physical ko from behind (iron bar etc) and a knock out gas attack as under used. I've always liked the knock out from behind as it emphasizes the villains play dirty. Preferably when she is fighting and winning a battle to her front, ideally against multiple foes, but the distraction allows someone to sneak up behind her
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
ricky1989
Henchman
Henchman

Underused are also unmasking
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Abductorenmadrid wrote:
Dazzle1 wrote:Just some observations...

Is that within the video side of things you are talking about? I only ask from the side of the story writers here. Lord knows I don't read anywhere near enough, spending more of my time writing stories or the screencap stuff but I know we writers do try and avoid using the same perils over and over. Try my Wastes Of The Gods.... WW's enemy learns some new ways to defeat the heroine in the opening phase of the story, can you figure it out too?

AEM

It was the videos I was refrencing
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well to be fair a lot of this has to do with budget constraints. I agree your suggestions are good alternatives that don't require money or sets just some imagination. One thing you can do is contact produces like Eve and ask them if they will toss in a lasso scene or batgirl belt use which should be fairly simple to do.

Added:
When I did videos I had the guys wear masks or sun glasses because first off its about the girl, not them. Secondly it avoided them having to actually act (facial expressions etc). Nothing worse than a villain with a really dope blank stare bear hugging a heroine. And also it avoided the annoying problem of them looking at the camera. Whenever someone looks at the camera it just kills the whole experience. Also thugs can be resused if they are all about the same height and wearing exactly the same outfits.

We even joked once in an Ultra Woman video where two ski masked thugs were breaking into a place and UW asked them why they were there and the one guy (on the fly) said "Um we're.... getting our skis". Classic.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:Well to be fair a lot of this has to do with budget constraints. I agree your suggestions are good alternatives that don't require money or sets just some imagination. One thing you can do is contact produces like Eve and ask them if they will toss in a lasso scene or batgirl belt use which should be fairly simple to do.

Added:
When I did videos I had the guys wear masks or sun glasses because first off its about the girl, not them. Secondly it avoided them having to actually act (facial expressions etc). Nothing worse than a villain with a really dope blank stare bear hugging a heroine. And also it avoided the annoying problem of them looking at the camera. Whenever someone looks at the camera it just kills the whole experience. Also thugs can be resused if they are all about the same height and wearing exactly the same outfits.

We even joked once in an Ultra Woman video where two ski masked thugs were breaking into a place and UW asked them why they were there and the one guy (on the fly) said "Um we're.... getting our skis". Classic.
There should be one where a heroine swoops in and trashes some dudes in ski masks and then when it's over, ANOTHER group of dudes with ski masks show up and are like.... Hey... did you just beat up those poor ski enthusiasts thinking they were us?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

"NO! NO! We really are skiing! Here's my bunny hill pass! OW!"
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Underused:
Ass hooks
Anal beads
Funnel gags
Dong bongs
Strapless fake cum spilling strapons
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

^^^ Underused? Not in your bedroom they aren't!!!
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:Underused:
Ass hooks
Anal beads
Funnel gags
Dong bongs
Strapless fake cum spilling strapons
I'll try to be more obliging if a dark dungeon story idea comes to mind...
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
thrifty
Henchman
Henchman

Overused - Kryptonite, everyone has it apparently
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

thrifty wrote:Overused - Kryptonite, everyone has it apparently
Exactly....all that kryptonite available and not one damn strand of kryptonite anal beads for everyone's favorite little blonde slut we all love to hate!!
thrifty
Henchman
Henchman

They can easily capture one and test all the kryptonite sex toys before releasing to the market!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Underused = crotchropes
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Underused = Not enough exploding midgets.
harriertalon
Henchman
Henchman

Underused - deathtraps.

Which I know if a definite budget killer so I understand why we don't see more of them, but I love a good devious device the heroine must escape from (and should always escape from) in order to win the day. Sure, after they break free you can choloroform them or knock 'em on the head, but I really love a good death machine trap...even something simple like an electric chair hooked up to a one-armed bandit like in the ol' Batman show.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is that Swan in your thumbnail? cool.